Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    I am sorry for you. I could not complete it neither at the beginning l, I had to wait 2~3 months before I could and from then I failed only once (when mods were just insane).
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    GW now just became a chore I auto, not because it is too difficult, but my 30 G10+ toons just destroy all nodes except nodes 6 9 11 and 12, where I might lose protection...
  • My node 12 today is a gk lead with a zeta'd barriss, 5's, baze and aayla. Suffice it to say even with my best 5 teams I can't beat it.
  • Curious about this myself. My total arena power of my highest toons is 51,051. Was getting easy mode 12's for months. This marathon, three, super hard, zeta toon, node 12's.

Not complaining because the challenge is nice, just curious on the sudden change.
  • Danubiss wrote: »
    My node 12 today is a gk lead with a zeta'd barriss, 5's, baze and aayla. Suffice it to say even with my best 5 teams I can't beat it.

My guildmate seems to get that team a lot for his 12th.

I got a zeta QGJ led Jedi team on node 7 today and I don't have a single zeta farmed yet. Still beat it but don't see how the average player is going to beat it on a regular basis.

• Curious about this myself. My total arena power of my highest toons is 51,051. Was getting easy mode 12's for months. This marathon, three, super hard, zeta toon, node 12's.

Not complaining because the challenge is nice, just curious on the sudden change.

Maybe they've adjusted power calculations so some teams have increased power
    My node 12 today is a gk lead with a zeta'd barriss, 5's, baze and aayla. Suffice it to say even with my best 5 teams I can't beat it.

I got a zeta QGJ led Jedi team on node 7 today and I don't have a single zeta farmed yet. Still beat it but don't see how the average player is going to beat it on a regular basis.

I think normally I wouldn't have any problems as I do have a good roster. But today my node 6 took two of my good teams. Then node 9 took another two good teams to beat, same for 11 and now 12 I am stuck with only my rebels team of wedge, Biggs, Leia, lando and Vader. I have defeated baze, 5's is at half health and I can end up defeating him but then gk, zarriss and aayla get me down to just Leia and Vader making it hopeless.
    Danubiss wrote: »

I think normally I wouldn't have any problems as I do have a good roster. But today my node 6 took two of my good teams. Then node 9 took another two good teams to beat, same for 11 and now 12 I am stuck with only my rebels team of wedge, Biggs, Leia, lando and Vader. I have defeated baze, 5's is at half health and I can end up defeating him but then gk, zarriss and aayla get me down to just Leia and Vader making it hopeless.

Should have killed Zarris first so that you get rid of the heals on your next team.
  • im lvl 78, and i finish GW daily on auto (Barris+lumi wooho). today was TOTALLY different.
    i faced this maxed 85 team with Lando (L), Wedge, biggs, Han and QGJ.
    my final team was Maul (L), Vader, Savage, Sidious, RG.
    if this isn't totally imbalance i dont knwo what is... i threw 5 suicide squads to remove protection, including Full jedi team, full FO team, full Resistance team... , and then i was still struggling so much. this is not impossible, because after more than 30 tries, i realized who RG can stun and won't resist ( 3 turns that instead 0 stuns i was able to do 3 stuns), i knew exactly who atcking who and when and with what, and i knew who i should atc.
    trying over and over for 30 times isnt tactics, its cheating. somehow, this Maul, managed to do some amazing things, and sidious just dodged everything. and yet, this isnt worth my time. I shouldnt try SO MANY TIMES to win this stupid op teams.

So no, GW is not working as intended. this is completely imbalance, and the nodes also dont match. node 6 i need to stop the auto and actually atc, node 7 swift... what ?
    Node 11 swift and so smoove, and node 12 impossible and need the use of 30 toons and 30 tries. something there is not working as it should, and even if i was able to "win" today, this is broken.
  • dinobambino
    141 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    My arena team is 49 k i generally finishing the top 10 in my server daily. But you wait until all the zetas come out specifically Bariss with baze/ 5s Vader/ chirrut etc. I ran up against one last night palp L/vader/5s/baze/zeta Bariss. All geared, modded and omegaed. My lu is really deep and really geared well (gl 11and 10s on at least 40 toons). That lu killed 35 plus toons - baze is a pain in the **** with her. So you think people are complaining now....just wait for it.
  • I'm F2P. When the level cap increased to 85 I was unable to complete all 12 GW nodes. I usually got to 11, sometimes only 10. However, a few weeks ago, I beat all 12. And now I'm beating it 99% of the time. I started playing in Jan '16 and I have some heavy hitting teams to beat. You just need to level up.
  • Im 35K+ power. But when 5 toons all hit a character for 8-9K or more with crits, that character dies. While I do have mods on my best team, they aren't the best mods. None of my chars have 75K Health/protection. By the time my squad can defeat 1 opponent toon, I have already lost at least 2-3 toons, and the 2 that are left are limping.

They must not understand that the higher the Power numbers grow, the more damage they do and the less damage they take.

I don't even have a gear 11 toon, yet I face at least 3 of them on Node 12 and node 11, all with full mods.
    The gap between those chars and mine is substantial. 2 gear levels is a major thing.

I was buying crystals to improve my chars and buy raid gear to upgrade my guys, but since GW is now a 2 hour anger-management-inducing un-enjoyable mess, i have no desire to give any more money to these guys. This game is supposed to be enjoyable.

One does not pay money to not enjoy doing something.

Not being a **** here, but a 35k power A team is not really that strong, I know the power level isn't really a good thing to base a teams actual strength on cause I spent a good few months beating arena teams with up to 5k more power than me (back when wiggs was the bomb) but most decent arena teams are all upwards of 43k power now (with the exception of droids who are pretty good with only 38-39k) so you've got some work to do.
    Yudoka wrote: »
    As bad as it sounds, you need to get your top 5 guys stronger. Not your main squad but simply your top 5 guys. Once you can get them over 38k, the last node will be a generic 3* one. It's sort of how once you get rich and famous people start handing you stuff for free.

Also, this isn't accurate, I'm not saying that this didn't happen for YOU but personally I had to get mine way higher than that before I got my easy node 12 back. I had it for months before the lvl cap to 85 then as people got stronger I only got it on a few days then eventually full blown "top" teams again, my top 5 toons are at about 47-48k and now I see the easy node consistently again. Even with all that though I still never failed a GW and usually made it through everyone single one with only one team (even a squishy wiggs lando team) now I run palp (L), Vader, TFP, and wiggs and it's pretty **** easy, wiggs only have random mods on them too just so that u have the max crew power from them for ships. Sometimes wiggs will die at node 11 (pre easy 12th) do I would just put in st Han and b2 for node 12 and walk it. I know it seems like a pain but it just takes a lil patience sometimes like retreating when someone takes too many hits and trying again till you find the right combo of moves, and the right team with decent mods is obviously the biggest thing, certain characters are just better for GW than they are in arena, toons with high speed and small cool downs are generally better for GW cause you don't have to micro manage each battle to make sure they are all ready to use on 6,9,11,12
  • Here are my 2 cents
    Its not only raw firepower you should after, synergie is the key.

-I often face fully modded/developed Kenobis/zetat Vader/Mostershoretrooper and such. I use my lowerlevel synergieteams like Jawa (all of them F2P), Clones (again F2P) and Empire/Sith to soften them up, take out a Toon maybe. Then bring the big guys.

-make sure your key moves (like EP mass stun, JKA AOE, AA tactical coordinated with Lando and such) are ready for the first round in the other hard (6,9,11) nodes. Dont waste them on a halfdead last enemy toon.

-use you StH wisely. Dont waste it agains an enemy SunFac/B2. If you use hin take out dispeller first and hope for the best. QGJ sucks big time here...
  • MykCnoE wrote: »
    I'm F2P. When the level cap increased to 85 I was unable to complete all 12 GW nodes. I usually got to 11, sometimes only 10. However, a few weeks ago, I beat all 12. And now I'm beating it 99% of the time. I started playing in Jan '16 and I have some heavy hitting teams to beat. You just need to level up.

This.

You must improve your team first, it's normal you can't complete the whole GW everytime a new end-game feature is added (increase of level cap, mods, zetas, etc...). Don't get too frustrated and just do what you can to improve your status. If you are spending money, it shouldn't take you too much time.
  • Is the difficulty tiered like in the tournaments? I only have 37,500 arena power and I don't complete GW maybe once per week. 12th node seems somewhat easy most days.

Am I about to hit a wall of impossible GW once my arena power goes up a bit?
  • Jordison wrote: »
    MykCnoE wrote: »
    I'm F2P. When the level cap increased to 85 I was unable to complete all 12 GW nodes. I usually got to 11, sometimes only 10. However, a few weeks ago, I beat all 12. And now I'm beating it 99% of the time. I started playing in Jan '16 and I have some heavy hitting teams to beat. You just need to level up.

This.

You must improve your team first, it's normal you can't complete the whole GW everytime a new end-game feature is added (increase of level cap, mods, zetas, etc...). Don't get too frustrated and just do what you can to improve your status. If you are spending money, it shouldn't take you too much time.

+1

If GW was meant to be a handout then it wouldn't offer good rewards. Build your teams up so GW isn't as much of a challenge. I use teams because yes sometimes one team can go all the way but other times you may need to dig deeper into your roster to win.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Before the last update, I know folks had pretty convincing data that it is based on the power of your top 5 toons combined. Each GW node is based off a % of that power, with node 12 being around 120% if I recall. The "easy" 12 came when there was not a team available that was 120% of your top 5 toons. I've not seen anything since the last update.

I have randomly gotten an "easy" node 12...but not the same easy as pre-update. I will occassionally see a node 12 that will be something like a maxed NSI lead, and other significantly non-meta toons like that. The toons are maxed, but they are total crap. NOt sure what the reason is. Today was a typical node 12 for me, and I beat it despite having to pull my rebels into Node 6 to take out a Wiggs team.
  • Jordison wrote: »
    MykCnoE wrote: »

This.

The problem is that because your GW matchups are oriented off your arena power, you currently get the illusion that all you need to do is power up. But as you crescendo into higher arena power, your GW matchups become progressively more brutal because high power is where the crushingly powerful meta teams are living.

Its not a big deal when you face modest variety across all the nodes, but that starts to fade away if you keep going, and eventually its three wiggs teams in a row, or brutal sith/empire teams, or droid teams -- and you are forced to accept character losses as you go.

The final nodes turn into a crap shot. And this problem gets worse the higher you get.
  • This is my favorite thread, I hope it never goes away.
  • Could anyone please tell me how many days it takes to unlock gw? I know it varies but I was just looking for something close (preferably without buying extra crystals but any figure is welcome). I am trying to estimate my gw completion rate but first need to figure out how many days I have had it unlocked. Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find an answer using search.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Could anyone please tell me how many days it takes to unlock gw? I know it varies but I was just looking for something close (preferably without buying extra crystals but any figure is welcome). I am trying to estimate my gw completion rate but first need to figure out how many days I have had it unlocked. Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find an answer using search.

you need to be level 50 so about two/three weeks from scratch as ftp
  • AnonymousMeh
    357 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    djvita wrote: »
    Could anyone please tell me how many days it takes to unlock gw? I know it varies but I was just looking for something close (preferably without buying extra crystals but any figure is welcome). I am trying to estimate my gw completion rate but first need to figure out how many days I have had it unlocked. Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find an answer using search.

you need to be level 50 so about two/three weeks from scratch as ftp

Thank you.

Edit: I'm at about 125/186 btw (used the google play achievement for completing light side stage 1 for start date & assumed 14 days to unlock gw, then got number of completed from the ingame achievement). I thought I had a better win/loss ratio but it could be worse.
    Post edited by AnonymousMeh on
  • For those that need a reminder....https://consumerist.com/2013/04/09/ea-makes-worst-company-in-america-history-wins-title-for-second-year-in-a-row/

It's obvious with over 200 pages of people explaining how this one segment of the game makes the whole thing unenjoyable...it is falling on deaf ears.

I must thank them...I saved some money by not renewing EA access...and I stopped playing GOH because they seem to think a great business model is to take the fun out of gaming. I'm hoping they make a third year of most hated company.

Well, maybe I will come back to the forums when it reaches 500 pages of complaints and see they still haven't learned anything. I'm sure this post will be pulled, but hey it's EA we are talking about
  • Sounds like gw is broken now in everyone's favor, y'all happy now? lol
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • You all destroyed GW. Just a wasteland of 3 stars. I guess everyone got what they wanted...
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Shhh
  • No way to beat GW with my 3* ewok army.
    Fix it please
  • +1, what were the devs thinking? Also:

WklOxlY.jpg
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Solo'd it w/ my 3* nightsister army. Nightsisters OP. Nerf Nightsisters.
  • Gotta use more than one toon, try using 2 or 3 ewoks next time and you should beable to auto it