Crystal pack prices just gone up!

Replies

• CemSW wrote: »
    15k gems raised from 270 turkish lira (70 USD) to 350 (91 USD). %33 increase.

Minimum wage in Turkey is 360 USD :)

360 USD/hr isn't bad, at least to me.
  • This has nothing to do with Apple, but rather the exchange rates.

It's nothing new, the convenience store clerk gets blamed for gas prices if OPEC raises the price of crude (OK more relevant before fracking was a mainstay if you know your commodities/derivatives).
  • This has nothing to do with Apple, but rather the exchange rates.

It's nothing new, the convenience store clerk gets blamed for gas prices if OPEC raises the price of crude (OK more relevant before fracking was a mainstay if you know your commodities/derivatives).

The raise has only occurred for Apple customers so it has everything to do with Apple. If all platforms had raised their prices it would be to do with something other than Apple.
  • CemSW wrote: »
    15k gems raised from 270 turkish lira (70 USD) to 350 (91 USD). %33 increase.

Minimum wage in Turkey is 360 USD :)

360 USD/hr isn't bad, at least to me.

Monthly wage...

I'm a regular spender like 15k gem/week since months. But I'm now stopping making any purchase against this greedy **** of Apple.

Even the phone prices went up. Iphone 7 128 GB is now 1200 USD.
  • Be devastated if this also happens on Android, game already costs more than enough as it Is.
  • And overnight I became FTP.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    And overnight I became FTP.

Lol yup completely agree xD
  • Ahaha Apple users got screwed AGAIN! :ROLL:

VHFVT.gif
  • It isn't for all Apple games either ... just seems to be Apple/EA combo
  • vessaharja wrote: »
    Ahaha Apple users got screwed AGAIN! :ROLL:

VHFVT.gif

Lol if I remember correctly the last price increase android soon followed :wink:
  • why the hell ios users pay more than android users?? @EA_Jesse
  • It's just an excuse to increase prices and having different costs for the two platforms is shocking. Once again iOS users are treated as second class citizens on this game. Pulled out of a purchase this morning - just can't justify it at all any more
  • Yep 2800 crystal pack was £14.99 and is now £19.99! Quite a price hike for an imaginary commodity. I had a spare £16 left in my bank account and was going to buy 2800 crystals for £14.99 today, but if I buy them now I'll go overdrawn this month and get an £8 bank charge hahaha lol. Oh well at least my Saturday night takeaway is covered and you actually get something to show for it!

Poor me! Yes, very poor me and if my wife knew she'd kill me!
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • Shame. I normally buy the £14.99 pack, but at £19.99 it's just getting silly to play a game. Wrong move EA/Apple :(
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Another consequence of the Brexit ...
  • Look like I just went F2P...
  • I've spent a lot on this game in the last 8 month but this is a disgrace. The crystal prices were already overpriced. I'm done, I won't spend another penny on this game until this is addressed. I used to buy at least 1 vault a month some times up to 3 but I'm done.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i always laugh when people say they're done spending when something changes.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • why the hell ios users pay more than android users??
    Because Apple raised their prices. Reading is a great skill to have.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • This is certainly going to impact my spending habits TBH... not a sustainable hike, as a game, for UK players.

Xio
  • Well it's not EA's fault in this case, this is Apple's opportunism. They've increased prices by far more than the fall in the value of Sterling, this was their excuse to finally turn £79.99 into £99.99, in line with the USA.

All IOS games are affected, they were changed at the same time last night.

I would expect Google Play to follow, but if they don't then the platform war will be very real. I'll be the first in line to get off IOS for good, and companies like EA will need to facilitate switching the OS for their game (Clash of Clans allows this).

The bottom line is that what was already a ridiculously expensive hobby just got 25% more expensive, and I simply can't justify throwing money away like this anymore. £100 is a LOT of money, now it's 4 vaults for the price for 5.

I'll continue to play with what I've already got, which is more than most. I don't care about winning anymore, I've been there and done that for long enough.

• Nikoms565 wrote: »
    why the hell ios users pay more than android users??
    Because Apple raised their prices.
    Reading is a great skill to have.

LOL
  • Ah, but EA could adjust the price tiers, at least to coincide with those on the Play store. As per the above comments, the only power I have is a negative review on the App Store and to suspend any payments towards this game
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Well it's not EA's fault in this case, this is Apple's opportunism. They've increased prices by far more than the fall in the value of Sterling, this was their excuse to finally turn £79.99 into £99.99, in line with the USA.

All IOS games are affected, they were changed at the same time last night.

I would expect Google Play to follow, but if they don't then the platform war will be very real. I'll be the first in line to get off IOS for good, and companies like EA will need to facilitate switching the OS for their game (Clash of Clans allows this).

The bottom line is that what was already a ridiculously expensive hobby just got 25% more expensive, and I simply can't justify throwing money away like this anymore. £100 is a LOT of money, now it's 4 vaults for the price for 5.

I'll continue to play with what I've already got, which is more than most. I don't care about winning anymore, I've been there and done that for long enough.

look at it this way: all the money you've already spend just increased in value :D
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • The pound was devaluated since Brexit, and Apple raised the minimum prices for apps and in-app purchases.
    Apple is merely maintaining its profit margins, which is a sensible business decision if you look at it unbiased.

Brexit voters, that's the payoff for your vote.
    If you didn't vote for Brexit, well that's how democracy works, you still have to withstand the decision of the majority.

You still have the right to complain and make your opinion heard, but the best venue for that is to understand how politics work, and get up to date with what are your representatives doing, and make your voice heard in the proper channels a.k.a. your government, your voting ballots, your streets.

B!tching at SWGOH forums will hardly do anything and could devolve into pointless arguments... We are here to talk about the game, not politics. I just mentioned it because this is a ripple effect of the decision made in the realm of politics.

• Wouldn't mind half as much if Apple paid their fair share of taxes in the countries they operate.
  • leef wrote: »
    i always laugh when people say they're done spending when something changes.

So you are laughing the whole Long day...

:smile:
  • The pound was devaluated since Brexit, and Apple raised the minimum prices for apps and in-app purchases.
    Apple is merely maintaining its profit margins, which is a sensible business decision if you look at it unbiased.

Brexit voters, that's the payoff for your vote.
    If you didn't vote for Brexit, well that's how democracy works, you still have to withstand the decision of the majority.

You still have the right to complain and make your opinion heard, but the best venue for that is to understand how politics work, and get up to date with what are your representatives doing, and make your voice heard in the proper channels a.k.a. your government, your voting ballots, your streets.

B!tching at SWGOH forums will hardly do anything and could devolve into pointless arguments... We are here to talk about the game, not politics. I just mentioned it because this is a ripple effect of the decision made in the realm of politics.

You are the one talking politics here. Accept democratie and stop making up stories against the choice of a majority who think differently and actually won the referendume and Apple commercial practices. The figures do not match anyway between Apple IAP 25% increase and the British Pound fluctuation, also Apple adjusted their price in other non UK countries, so much for the Brexit argument.
  • AJRSuperstar
    92 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Deleted - no point arguing
  • Relax - maybe Google will increase their prices too... and maybe Apple will increase their prices in other countries too... so it will be fair again :smile: