Trading

Mol_Hunter
4 posts Member
edited January 2017
Please implement trading, like a huge trading markets/market that you can for example trade a gear 8 wedge level 70 for a level 70 gear 8 Bigs or so on so forth. Live trading would also be really cool. I understand there could be problems but it would be so much fun You could also trade things like gear, mods, ect
Post edited by warmonkey1024 on

Replies

• i dont know about that...i'd rather trade excess shards
  • I'll trade my ugnaught for a fully crafted furnace..
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I actually laughed out loud when you said "swap wedge for biggs". There is absolutely no way you would ever get a 1 to 1 conversion ratio. Have you ever seen the shard shop?
  • Mol_Hunter
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Just some examples
    DatBoi wrote: »
    I actually laughed out loud when you said "swap wedge for biggs". There is absolutely no way you would ever get a 1 to 1 conversion ratio. Have you ever seen the shard shop?

Just some examples
  • Grokusama wrote: »
    i dont know about that...i'd rather trade excess shards

Its not like it would eliminate that. It would make it easier to get exclusive characters
  • I'll trade my ugnaught for a fully crafted furnace..

People don't have to accept the trades
  • Trading systems are far to easy to abuse.

I'm hoping it never happens or if it does that there are a lot of restrictions and definitely no one to one trades.
  • Trading systems are far to easy to abuse.

I'm hoping it never happens or if it does that there are a lot of restrictions and definitely no one to one trades.

I understand that and its not like you can trade a level 1 for a level 70 (card) but they could also just do inner guild+ allies
  • Inb4 close due to title in caps
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • No way. Trading creates a secondary market...
    If you haven't played a game with trading, you have no idea what this leads to.
    The secondary market will almost completely supplant the games actual revenue stream to the point it could strangle it...
    And if you think it's pay to win now...
    You ain't seen nothing yet.
  • Anything passable is the same as free or sellable for dollars.

If you are thinking how it could work, don't. This concept goes back decades.
  • Mol_Hunter wrote: »
    Trading systems are far to easy to abuse.

I understand that and its not like you can trade a level 1 for a level 70 (card) but they could also just do inner guild+ allies

Even if it was guild only think about this scenario.

I've been playing over a year. Say I create a new account. Level up 5 chars to level five as fast as I can, doesn't matter what ones. Then I join guilds/ally with my main account. trade the 5 whatever chars for an arena meta team.

My new account can then dominate on its shard until either A, someone else does the same thing B, someone spends a bunch of money to catch up C, people slowly grind there way up to my level.

Also how many players would they loose off the new shard my alt account is now dominating. Lost players means lost potential income for CG.

Also no matter how they set it up it would create a market for people to create a bunch of accounts and sell off its good chars as fast as they can farm them. This submarket would destroy the game and CG would then have to track this submarket and its own crystal value otherwise why spend in game when you can get it cheaper from people on reddit or ebay or wherever else people sell in game currencies for games for profit.
  • I would think it should be trading things like gear mods and shards.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Or just no.

It will be abused and farmed. Can we trust then to close all the loop holes?

• Kyno wrote: »
    Or just no.

Agreed. Although it sounds ideal, the negative ramifications would just be the end of this game.
    If anything along these lines, allow shard donations.
  • I kinda like the idea of gear donation in the guilds, but to cover shards, credits, training droids, ability mats, and sim tickets too. Plus, lose the max limit.
  • If this were the case, it would mean whoever creates the most accounts and can trade will win. Unless maybe the trading system is locked at the level cap.
  • BigTxFrank wrote: »
    I kinda like the idea of gear donation in the guilds, but to cover shards, credits, training droids, ability mats, and sim tickets too. Plus, lose the max limit.

Gear donation seems a bit low in quantity especially for higher tiered gear. I wish we can do we trade within the guild. For example, an equivalent purple gear on a 1:1 ratio basis. I noticed that in my guild some people lacked what I have lots of, and vice versa.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Thanaton wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Or just no.

Agreed. Although it sounds ideal, the negative ramifications would just be the end of this game.

Shard donations would be the worst, alt account farming would be crazy.
    Or just no.

I think the best thing to counter alt account farming is to set a level requirement to use. Setting it higher even to level 85... would surpress that motivation.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Athusk wrote: »
    Or just no.

I think the best thing to counter alt account farming is to set a level requirement to use. Setting it higher even to level 85... would surpress that motivation.

I agree there are many solutions. But can we really trust them to close all the loop holes. We have seen many "obvious " exploits pointed out hours after they release content.
  • Mol_Hunter wrote: »
    I'll trade my ugnaught for a fully crafted furnace..

People don't have to accept the trades

So you don't want my Ugnaught?
  • I think it's a bad idea and would never want it... but isn't this a "trading card game"? And only EA gets to make money, if I've paid a lot of money to get what I have in game, shouldn't I be allowed to sell my maxed characters? It's like Magic saying I can't sell one of my cards to someone else, only magic is allowed to sell cards to people. Does EA have a legal right that I can't sell my digital property in a market place to someone else?
  • Maljr1980 wrote: »
    I think it's a bad idea and would never want it... but isn't this a "trading card game"? And only EA gets to make money, if I've paid a lot of money to get what I have in game, shouldn't I be allowed to sell my maxed characters? It's like Magic saying I can't sell one of my cards to someone else, only magic is allowed to sell cards to people. Does EA have a legal right that I can't sell my digital property in a market place to someone else?

That's why TOS are created and updated
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Maljr1980 wrote: »
    I think it's a bad idea and would never want it... but isn't this a "trading card game"? And only EA gets to make money, if I've paid a lot of money to get what I have in game, shouldn't I be allowed to sell my maxed characters? It's like Magic saying I can't sell one of my cards to someone else, only magic is allowed to sell cards to people. Does EA have a legal right that I can't sell my digital property in a market place to someone else?

What?

Where in any game do you have a legal right to do anything, the game doesn't let you do?

I guess you could compare this to a trading card game but there is no trading, and we don't deal cards......so, yeah.....
  • Theophany
    865 posts Member
    edited January 2017

Read the terms of service, specifically the part about content and entitlement.

You actually own nothing it's not your digital property, you're just using an EA service.
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see

What?

Where in any game do you have a legal right to do anything, the game doesn't let you do?

I guess you could compare this to a trading card game but there is no trading, and we don't deal cards......so, yeah.....

If I spent $100 on a force awakens bundle, don't I own those characters as my digital property?
  • Maljr1980 wrote: »

What?

If I spent $100 on a force awakens bundle, don't I own those characters as my digital property?

No, read the terms of service.
  • 2. License

The EA Services are licensed to you, not sold. EA grants you a personal, limited, non-transferable, revocable and non-exclusive license to use the EA Services to which you have access for your non-commercial use, subject to your compliance with this Agreement. You may not access, copy, modify or distribute any EA Service, Content or Entitlements (as those terms are defined below), unless expressly authorized by EA or permitted by law. You may not reverse engineer or attempt to extract or otherwise use source code or other data from EA Services, unless expressly authorized by EA or permitted by law. EA or its licensors own and reserve all other rights, including all right, title and interest in the EA Services and associated intellectual property rights.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited January 2017

What?

Nope, you "own" the game. When you play a game and buy a digital download, that doesn't give you any right to sell any content....