Brother in-law and I just got kicked from guild without warning :D

Replies

• was able to solo the pigs, to my surprise, and after the raid was over the leader questioned how I was able to do it.
    It's clear this was the reason. Your squads stole chances for other players from getting a decent score.

Since your guild just started running heroic rancor...they for sure don't need a damage hog.
    I am sure your guild leader did not give an ok to solo pig phase.

Without asking permission from Raid leader you should have not solod the pigs.

If I was the guild leader I would have insta kicked both of you for the sake of remaining 48 in the guild.

Give me a break, damage stacks and nobody loses anything. Soloing the pigs is the norm, not the exception. If you'd kick someone simply for that I feel for anyone in your guild.
    For a guild who just started heroic rancor (keywords here are just started) then yes soloing phases is an issue unless it was permitted by Raid leader.

You want a break go eat a Kit Kat.

What? No, it does NOT affect even startup Heroic Rancor guilds. This guy would have gotten 1st or 2nd anyway. Nobody would have lost any rank.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • was able to solo the pigs, to my surprise, and after the raid was over the leader questioned how I was able to do it.
    It's clear this was the reason. Your squads stole chances for other players from getting a decent score.

Since your guild just started running heroic rancor...they for sure don't need a damage hog.

If I was the guild leader I would have insta kicked both of you for the sake of remaining 48 in the guild.

It's pretty apparent from the responses that you are way wrong. Kicking people because they can produce damage is counterproductive. Multiple ways exist in order for everyone to get their damage in. If, as a guild leader you cannot figure out how to manage everyone from heavy damage dealers to the ones who can barely hang on then you shouldn't be a guild leader.
  • Tophar
    111 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    was able to solo the pigs, to my surprise, and after the raid was over the leader questioned how I was able to do it.

Give me a break, damage stacks and nobody loses anything. Soloing the pigs is the norm, not the exception. If you'd kick someone simply for that I feel for anyone in your guild.
    For a guild who just started heroic rancor (keywords here are just started) then yes soloing phases is an issue unless it was permitted by Raid leader.

You want a break go eat a Kit Kat.

What? No, it does NOT affect even startup Heroic Rancor guilds. This guy would have gotten 1st or 2nd anyway. Nobody would have lost any rank.

@Annastrasza I Agree with @SnakesOnAPlane tbh, I remember when my guild 1st started heroic Rancor, it was stressful as, that "do we have enough in the tank!?" that people are now getting with HAAT. To have someone who could solo a phase would likely make everyone more comfortable that they've got it.

Yeah if no one else had solo'd P1 before questions would be asked (but they've confirwd there was about 6 of them who could solo it), I also remember when I dropped the 1st one for my guild. Some people were a bit shocked and questioned it (but I wasn't just kicked) - I explained my strat others learnt from it and eventually improved it, now we smash T7 rancor in half an hour (as do many others)

The answer to someone doing well isnt "there a witch burn em" - did the guy who figured what maul can do to normal
    AAT get booted for it? I doubt it
  • sying wrote: »
    was able to solo the pigs, to my surprise, and after the raid was over the leader questioned how I was able to do it.

It's pretty apparent from the responses that you are way wrong. Kicking people because they can produce damage is counterproductive. Multiple ways exist in order for everyone to get their damage in. If, as a guild leader you cannot figure out how to manage everyone from heavy damage dealers to the ones who can barely hang on then you shouldn't be a guild leader.
    If OP was such an amazing damage dealer then he would be still in the guild.

It seems OP broke some guild raid policy. What that rule was can't be confirmed unless we hear from raid leader.

No one gets kicked from a guild for "doing the right thing"; which is what you seem to claim OP was doing.

Our guild has rules for heroic AAT. If you hit out of turn or pad the meter to change phases...first you get a warning...followed by gkick for second offense.

But if you are in a no rules, dumpster guild then yah....blow stuff up..
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    There's always two sides to a story.

But it does sucks how it ended and you guys are off to a better guild. Sounds like it was more trouble than it was worth sticking with your lame guild leaders and officers anyway.
  • Sounds like it was a blessing in disguise. Whatever guild you end up in it will be much better then that one that's for sure.
  • I don't get some guilds, all that is needed is communication, My own guild has a few OP members who we appreciate. We'll kick in a T6 raid and the top 3 people will smash the pigs and slow down while the rest of us battle the Rancor, get people on the board etc. Then after 24 hours, we greenlight the most powerful guys/girls to wrap it all up. I'm the leader and finish 7th-9th regularly, but it seems most leaders get **** if they don't finish 1st lol.

Sounds like your leader wasn't a team player and doesn't get Raid Teams.
  • To the OP.

1). Never ask permission from a video game captain.

2). Never agree to lower your game so others don't have to raise theirs.

3). Much better to be kicked out than to become a mediocre chooch.

• If I was the guild leader I would have insta kicked both of you for the sake of remaining 48 in the guild.

If this is really your read on the situation, please do all of the players in this game a favor - please don't ever become the leader or the officer of a guild.

To the OP, getting kicked out is probably the single best thing that could've happened to you - now you're free to find a guild that's running hRancor and hAAT, which appreciates players who can score high in a raid, which in turn helps all of the members of the guild.

iN DarthJarJar | Team Instinct Δ
  • Javik
    246 posts Member
    I know the guild I am in does a 12 hour 0 damage rule to allow for people to register so they can get rewards. It only takes my guild about 30 minutes to complete the raid. We do have people who break that rule and the raid can be completed with only 3 or 4 people having any contributions so they are removed.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    It seems OP broke some guild raid policy. What that rule was can't be confirmed unless we hear from raid leader.

No one gets kicked from a guild for "doing the right thing"; which is what you seem to claim OP was doing.

Our guild has rules for heroic AAT. If you hit out of turn or pad the meter to change phases...first you get a warning...followed by gkick for second offense

And that's horribly sad you live in a guild that believes in 1st place medals for all. Folks get kicked all the time due to this ridiculous liberal mentality. I'd kick you the heck out of my guild for even suggesting such. You're holding strong players back from being great, and preventing them from prospering their learnings to others.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Hey mouse, our guild is looking for high damage guild members, and we have room for all six of you, would love to have you all on board. Our guild is masters of ren. My ally code is 479623319, game tag is Knighthawk. Come check us out

If they dont want damage hogs, they should say so...
    Stuff like this (and kicking) can and should be discussed before actions are being taken

If you are a guildleader, i really hope your guild dissolves...
  • It seems OP broke some guild raid policy. What that rule was can't be confirmed unless we hear from raid leader.

Our guild has rules for heroic AAT. If you hit out of turn or pad the meter to change phases...first you get a warning...followed by gkick for second offense

And that's horribly sad you live in a guild that believes in 1st place medals for all. Folks get kicked all the time due to this ridiculous liberal mentality. I'd kick you the heck out of my guild for even suggesting such. You're holding strong players back from being great, and preventing them from prospering their learnings to others.

I disagree, sometimes players can miss raids because of real life. I may be misreading what you're saying but I don't see anything wrong with 1 attack on two phases and FFA for the rest to ensure everybody gets rewards.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2017

I disagree, sometimes players can miss raids because of real life. I may be misreading what you're saying but I don't see anything wrong with 1 attack on two phases and FFA for the rest to ensure everybody gets rewards.

That's what Zergs are for. That's all we do. Everyone has the chance to 0 log 12 to 24 hours in advance of start time. No missing there. Further, power damage players rarely affect the score of lower hitters. You can even run this type of 0 log system in non-Zergs.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • 3Cheers4Tyranny
    2084 posts Member
    edited January 2017

That's what Zergs are for. That's all we do. Everyone has the chance to 0 log 12 to 24 hours in advance of start time. No missing there. Further, power damage players rarely affect the score of lower hitters.

I still don't understand how the rules I listed are "holding players back from being great"

I don't want to argue I'm just genuinely curious
  • Hey Sir_Mou5e our guild is looking to add 6+ strong players. Here is my Ally code 975-148-554. We are laid back and active. We haven't done heroics yet but are getting ready to. You and the others would welcome in our guild. :)
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2017

That's what Zergs are for. That's all we do. Everyone has the chance to 0 log 12 to 24 hours in advance of start time. No missing there. Further, power damage players rarely affect the score of lower hitters.

I still don't understand how the rules I listed are "holding players back from being great"

In terms of ending rank, not much at all. However, the main diff is some folks never have the chance to solo the entire raid. They'd get top either way, right? So why limit their fun and rosters, and limit attempting things only a small few are capable of doing? Further, the raid ends quicker, rewards come faster, and people don't have to spend hours on end every night playing this game.

With that said, on our HAAT raids, we do P1-2 first night, and P3-4 the next night. This gives ample time for folks to play some, and it lets everyone spend less time away from their families, on top of making it easier to mod swap back and forth.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • 3Cheers4Tyranny
    2084 posts Member
    edited January 2017

In terms of ending rank, not much at all. However, the main diff is some folks never have the chance to solo the entire raid. They'd get top either way, right? So why limit their fun and rosters, and limit attempting things only a small few are capable of doing? Further, the raid ends quicker, rewards come faster, and people don't have to spend hours on end every night playing this game.

Oh okay, I see what you're saying. Three Cheers For Tyranny behind those guilds ;)
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2017

Oh okay, I see what you're saying. Three Cheers For Tyranny behind those guilds ;)

;)

To add, on our HAAT raids, we do P1-2 first night, and P3-4 the next night. This gives ample time for folks to plan and play, and it lets everyone spend less time away from their families, on top of making it easier to mod swap back and forth.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • RebelBass wrote: »

If this is really your read on the situation, please do all of the players in this game a favor - please don't ever become the leader or the officer of a guild.

To the OP, getting kicked out is probably the single best thing that could've happened to you - now you're free to find a guild that's running hRancor and hAAT, which appreciates players who can score high in a raid, which in turn helps all of the members of the guild.

What he said. Sounds like someone who is on a power trip.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    RebelBass wrote: »

What he said. Sounds like someone who is on a power trip.

More or less, but more so the ideology that everyone deserves a medal for participation. Blah!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • It seems OP broke some guild raid policy. What that rule was can't be confirmed unless we hear from raid leader.

;)

To add, on our HAAT raids, we do P1-2 first night, and P3-4 the next night. This gives ample time for folks to plan and play, and it lets everyone spend less time away from their families, on top of making it easier to mod swap back and forth.

That's what we do in my guild, except P1-2 are one attack per player and 3-4 are FFA.

;)

That's what we do in my guild, except P1-2 are one attack per player and 3-4 are FFA.

I mean this respectfully...Why not just have a 12 hour registration period where everyone can register 0 and then do a FFA and avoid drama?

;)

I mean this respectfully...Why not just have a 12 hour registration period where everyone can register 0 and then do a FFA and avoid drama?

Exactly! Which is what my guild does.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • OP...you're better off. Too many rules take the fun out. Damage overlap was mentioned, high damage production, not lowering your game for others who're not up to speed etc. all true statements. There are plenty of guilds looking for consistent producers, I doubt you'll have an issue finding a new one that's less restrictive.
  • ptr
    173 posts Member
    Start your own guild. With blackjack and hookers!

or just join somebody else ;)
  • ptr wrote: »
    Start your own guild. With blackjack and hookers!

or just join somebody else ;)

+1 for the second idea, +10 for the Futurama reference. To the OP, good luck with future guild mates, seems like you're going to find a good one with all the choices here.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    raids have been killing guilds since the moment they were introduced xD
    Save water, drink champagne!

Perfect response. Come to my guild and suggest that we should all be equal and you will get laughed out.
This discussion has been closed.