Mod packs?

I know they have been around a few times. When do they show up? Is this random? Is there a schedule? I'm hoarding crystals for this.

Replies

• It always showed up when there was a tournament.
  • Bigslow
    104 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Don't expect much...they're as hit and miss as anything. You'll get burned more often than not...testimonial.
  • Eyi
    209 posts Member
    Bigslow wrote: »
    Don't expect much...they're as hit and miss as anything. You'll get burned more often than not...testimonial.

Sorry i dont understand what you meant hahaha my english sucks sometimes xd

The mods pack are worth? (
  • There was a post on this forum with details stats showing they were better value than farming mods from the challenges, mostly due to the fact you get higher quality ones (no whites), and more importantly, an equal distribution of all slots (as many Arrows as Squares). Farming good mods from the challenges is just not an option.

But after saying why mod packs are good, it's sad to say that since there's no tournament on the agenda anymore and they seem to pop up with tournaments, nobody knows if/when they might come back.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • ptr
    173 posts Member
    If you are not top player (lot of 5. A-mods with high speed) and don't have lot of crystals to spend, then yes they are very good deal.

But if you are looking for that one special mod with 30 speed and have 2000+ crystals to spend on one mod, then just keep refreshing mod shipments.
  • Thanks for the replies everyone. I have always had good luck with them. So other than one refresh each a day lately it's been crystal hoarding time. They are the best value for crystals other than buying raid gear straight imho
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    ptr wrote: »
    If you are not top player (lot of 5. A-mods with high speed) and don't have lot of crystals to spend, then yes they are very good deal.

But if you are looking for that one special mod with 30 speed and have 2000+ crystals to spend on one mod, then just keep refreshing mod shipments.

This. Mod packs are good at the beginning to give some edges, but the best way is to get credits (10M) and spend 800 crystals refreshing shipments to get your mod.
  • Neo2551 wrote: »
    ptr wrote: »

This. Mod packs are good at the beginning to give some edges, but the best way is to get credits (10M) and spend 800 crystals refreshing shipments to get your mod.

No. Not at all. Saving credits for mod store purchases makes sense but unless you are a mega whale, do NOT spend 800 crystals on refreshes. That's crazy talk and poor advice.