How long can you be locked in Arena?

The answer should be 5 minutes, but it happened again today, that I was already "in fight" at 52:40 and with 5 seconds refresh my position changed from #3 to #6 at 59:10. That is over 6 minutes. Sure, it could have been two attackers back to back, but I think that is very unlikely.

In general it would be very nice, if we could see in the UI when we are in a fight, who attacks us and how much time the attacker has left.

Replies

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    2 attackers back to back is not unlikely. Many people work together to help them lock the top spots.
    If second attacker knows exactly when to refresh they can beat you to it.

Some people will also lock you and retreat on the first battle refresh and hit you again and take the win the second time. So again they know when to hit refresh and hit you where all you can hope for is to spam the battle button
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    The answer should be 5 minutes, but it happened again today, that I was already "in fight" at 52:40 and with 5 seconds refresh my position changed from #3 to #6 at 59:10. That is over 6 minutes. Sure, it could have been two attackers back to back, but I think that is very unlikely.

In general it would be very nice, if we could see in the UI when we are in a fight, who attacks us and how much time the attacker has left.

That takes away the competition. The way Arena is setup is absolutely fair and makes it a real dog eats dog fight.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • The answer should be 5 minutes, but it happened again today, that I was already "in fight" at 52:40 and with 5 seconds refresh my position changed from #3 to #6 at 59:10. That is over 6 minutes. Sure, it could have been two attackers back to back, but I think that is very unlikely.

That takes away the competition. The way Arena is setup is absolutely fair and makes it a real dog eats dog fight.

How would adding a timer that displays the remaining time take away from the competition? It seems like it would just save some of the hassle involved with repeatedly trying to start a battle against an already engaged opponent. Can you elaborate?
  • All in my server top 10 are from different guilds. I would be surprised if they communicate with each other in such manner.

The retreat method could be possible, but then why not be safe and prolong the next fight til 59:50, instead of 59:10?
  • All in my server top 10 are from different guilds. I would be surprised if they communicate with each other in such manner.

The retreat method could be possible, but then why not be safe and prolong the next fight til 59:50, instead of 59:10?

Trust me, most of us all do. Perfectly fair.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • The answer should be 5 minutes, but it happened again today, that I was already "in fight" at 52:40 and with 5 seconds refresh my position changed from #3 to #6 at 59:10. That is over 6 minutes. Sure, it could have been two attackers back to back, but I think that is very unlikely.

How would adding a timer that displays the remaining time take away from the competition? It seems like it would just save some of the hassle involved with repeatedly trying to start a battle against an already engaged opponent. Can you elaborate?

Sure! Arena is a dog eat dog realm of fighting, and it should stay as anonymous as possible in-game. It challenges you to learn better strategies, such as befriending shardmates from diff payouts to lock in spots and give folks hell. LOL!

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Different payouts? I'm pretty sure all of the people on my server have the same payout time? Is this even possible?

Also you talk about anonymity and then call for finding your "shardmates" outside of the game (because that would be the only way). "Dog eats dog", but better create a wolf pack. What the???
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Different payouts? I'm pretty sure all of the people on my server have the same payout time? Is this even possible?

Also you talk about anonymity and then call for finding your "shardmates" outside of the game (because that would be the only way). "Dog eats dog", but better create a wolf pack. What the???

Highly unlikely. There are over 5k players on the leaderboards. The probability is low that all of them are on the same time zone as you.

You are thrown on a leaderboard when you reach the level to start arena (pretty sure that is when). It doesn't matter your time zone.

I chat with many from my leaderboard, eastern time seems to be the most crowded, but we have many from all North America time zones, Europe time zones and I think couple from Asia. These are the ones I know about, which is less than 50, about 1%.
  • A lot of top players are synced to swgoh.gg you can find their guild on their if they are and possibly get their ally code. I end first every day by locking my spot with my number 2 in my shard. I start my arena fight to lock at 6 mins 45 sec till rewards because my team takes more then 2 mins to beat.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Different payouts? I'm pretty sure all of the people on my server have the same payout time? Is this even possible?

Yes, it remains anonymous behind the scenes. It's rather brilliant. An underground SWGOH mafia network! Taking folks out 1 payout at a time. Muhahahaha! >:)

Edit: P.s. Mostly I'm just joking, but this does happen, and often with many.

As for same payout, that's entirely possible that the majority of top players have managed to be within a similar payout. Usually, the system works pretty well where the top 2-3 strongest from each payout are usually top 3.

P.s. There's no "servers". Just diff Leaderboards, and within those different payouts. Some also refer to it as Shards.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • People locking in their arena position by entering battles & running down the clock is perfectly acceptable. However, to say that a feature that would detract from that strategy also takes away from competition does not make sense. The competition should come from who has the better team, not who is better at coordinating with others to lock in their payout. That is just my opinion though.
  • Arena is mostly about sniping and hooking in top levels. Has little to do with skills as whales run the same top whale teams.