Are the last challenges for capital ships too hard?

2Next

Replies

• Twin
    527 posts Member
    Very difficult challenge... Most ships were 6-7* with fairly leveled pilots.

I ended up beating it with a republic squad to begin with... JC, Rex, Ashoka, 5s, Plo... Heal up to survive the initial attack, retreat if I lost a ship on first wave.

Kept my wiggs in reserve (They were actually the most leveled geared).

I just played it a ton of times... I ended up getting RNG where the AI only reinforced once... Otherwise I just couldn't crack all the clone sgt tanks with Mace taunt shifting.
  • SentinelBorg
    60 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I think this fight perfectly highlights two issues in ship fights:
    • no counter to protection-regeneration
    • way too much synergy on some Republic units (especially Rex and Plo), while other groups have much less (Wedge & Biggs nothing, really?)
  • Drake23 wrote: »
    I have done both with lvl 78 ships

Impressive, I have 78 ships and been unable to do it. Well 5 of my ships are level 78. Figure, I will level them all to 80 and try again.
  • Ok, after upgrading the ships of Biggs and Ahsoka to 6*, Wedge to G11 and a few level-ups here and there I finally did it. But even then it needed a very lucky try, were for whatever reason the enemy only called in one reinforcement.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Ok, after upgrading the ships of Biggs and Ahsoka to 6*, Wedge to G11 and a few level-ups here and there I finally did it. But even then it needed a very lucky try, were for whatever reason the enemy only called in one reinforcement.

That is pretty much my experience. Won via RNG swing.
  • To answer the question "Are the last challenges for capital ships too hard?" The answer is NO!
    Even if it would need for all your ships to be lvl 85 it wouldn't be too hard. It's called a challenge. A challenge is supposed to be hard. Patience is a virtue. We have ships only a couple of months now, you don't want people to max all ships so soon
  • The normal daily challenges are also called challenges and are not as hard. If you had the chars to do it, you could do it. In case of ships, the Endurance challenge is also easier. And finally, 6* is not max.

One thing I have to say, that the Ahsoka upgrade to 6* really helped a lot, because it gave her a tiny bit more speed, which made her move exactly after the Endurance taunt ability. So I was able to dispell and then kill the enemy Ahsoka swiftly, after I already got rid of Rex.