Home One 6 Star Challenge...

Prev1
Is it me or this challenge impossible??

Is there any strategy to this challenge?

I have 8 5* ships. 6 of which are pretty strong and can't get anywhere in this challenge...

So freaking aggravated

Replies

• Just unlocked it last night...and got Wrecked....same thing with endurance 6*....I manage to get 1 ship down before they destroy me....like always with ships mine don't seem capable of scoring a crit while the AI pretty much doesn't have an attack which isn't a crit....throw in there the protection restore of JC, Rex and Clone Sargent...and you're done before you even start...
  • Managed it today. Maxed home one and the other ships between 70 and 81. Kill ahsoka and get it 5 v 3 or retry. G10 the pilots with 5 dot level 15 mods
  • Took me 50+ try. All ships level 70-75 at least. Take out order: JC, Snips, Rex then all the CSs.
    Whenever they reinforce take out any new JCs.
    EVENTUALLY it should work
  • Did it today, but yes, it is too hard also in comparison to the Endurance 6* one. I did it by killing Rex first, then Ahsoka and then whoever didn't have a armor buff.
  • WildGrunt wrote: »
    Took me 50+ try. All ships level 70-75 at least. Take out order: JC, Snips, Rex then all the CSs.
    Whenever they reinforce take out any new JCs.
    EVENTUALLY it should work

Ok then, need to develop more ships and pilots....what about Endurance? Any suggestions there :smiley:
  • For the Endurance one you just need many tries and a lot of luck with the enemy not applying target lock, no multi-attacks from the FOTP ships and no dodges from the TFP ones. At least those ships go down fast.
  • For the Endurance one you just need many tries and a lot of luck with the enemy not applying target lock, no multi-attacks from the FOTP ships and no dodges from the TFP ones. At least those ships go down fast.

hope that Imperial TIE's don't doge? :D Yeah, it looks like I'm not going to bother with it at all...I've personally seen one doge 8 attacks in a row - from basic, through specials and assists up to a capital ship's :D
  • I've got my fingers crossed that getting my fleet to 78 across the board will be enough to at least one star the **** thing.
  • I enjoy a challenge but this is insane. I am not gearing up RP and CS just for a ship challenge. F Dat
  • Seriously this is nuts... Trying to see if there are others as frustrated as me. I am number one daily in my shard. I have 3 seven star ships and multiple 6 stars. And I still can't get close to 6 staring my home ship...
  • I was able to do it easily with five 7* and two 6*. My four 7* ships were over level 75.
  • It's not impossible but it's very hard and took me many tries.
    I don't think I've upgraded the team I used since I completed it, which is thus:

Biggs Character Level 85, Ship Level 85
    Asoka Character Level 81, Ship Level 80
    Fives Character Level 84, Ship Level 78
    Bistan Character Level 84, Ship Level 71
    Jedi Consular Character Level 68, Ship Level 80

All at 6* except Bistan at 5*

Reinforcement:

Wedge Character Level 85, Ship Level 79
    Clone Trooper Character Level 61, Ship Level 70 (he was just fodder really, took a couple of hits for me)

Capital:
    Ackbar Character Level 84, Ship Level 82

I had originally thought I mightn't complete this until all their ship levels were all either 82+, or, I'd unlocked Rex's ship to 5*, but I just about managed it in the end with this squad.

Focused on trying to keep Biggs taunting and alive.

Fives always attacked first so I fired his special at Asoka to give Biggs the taunt.
    Killed her then went after the Consular, using Bistan's special to refresh Biggs.
    Preyed the reinforcement was another Consular (which would normally arrive mid-way through killing the first).
    My Consular helped top up Biggs protection using both of its specials, and I used Ackbar's specials for this purpose too.

If Biggs died before 2 of the opponents died, the run was a write-off. The 1 attempt in 100 where I killed 3 of them before he died, I started to sense I could win it and thankfully did!
  • Seriously this is nuts... Trying to see if there are others as frustrated as me. I am number one daily in my shard. I have 3 seven star ships and multiple 6 stars. And I still can't get close to 6 staring my home ship...

Yup
    --Nud Stark--
  • Yes I am frustrated too. I've been trying to beat it forever. My pilots are only gear 8 or so, lvl 85 , but my ships are all 7* lvl 85 I believe. It feels like I have enough firepower, but in the challenge I keep getting rekt.
  • TukkuRask
    79 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I don't remember what combination I used for ships but I just kept tweaking the lineup until I got it done. What I can offer is a few tips:

If you have Rex (I didn't) it will be a big help as he and JC can keep protection up on Biggs for a few turns as well as his ability to add TL (to keep taunt on Biggs).

Taking out Ahsoka quick is key to a good start. For most attempts I went after JC next but I had more success taking out Rex second.

If you're using Fives, I made sure to have him attack whatever ship has the most TM. That way the TM gain for enemy ships was minimal (i.e the target ship was about to have it's turn anyway rather than giving a TM boost to a ship that just attacked).

If you have the Phoenix ships try to get stealth on your Ahsoka or JC as it's critical to keep them alive as long as possible. If the RNG gods are smiling on you Phantom will manage to grant Critical Chance up on its Maximum Impact skill (I only had it 40% chance but it maxes at 70%) - Combine this with Home One's Master Plan and you should be able to take down a ship or two quickly.

If it's any consolation, the 7* challenge (or rather "10 Shards Challenge") didn't seem as hard. I only took two attempts to get it by sticking to basic attacks until the final round. Again, Rex will be a big help there (still didn't have him) with his ability to give protection to other ships.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    moved to correct sub forum.
  • Thanks for the tips, guys. Gonna try some of these strategies when it comes around again.
  • My total up is 1.7 million, I've been attempting this challenge wit a team power of 287k, I uhh ave a full team of 8, every pilot is at least 85 gear 8, most are gear 10 or 11 including a maxed out Akbar Capital ship, and I can't finish this **** challenge and am so frustrated that I am going to leave a top 25 guild and even after spending over $1100 on this game I'm ready to quit. EA, if you read this, way to completely alienate a committed and loyal player, and ambassador of the game..
  • Without Fives and Rex, I'm not sure how this challenge is possible. I've been trying with 7 7* lvl 85s forever.
  • still tough
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Degs29 wrote: »
    Without Fives and Rex, I'm not sure how this challenge is possible. I've been trying with 7 7* lvl 85s forever.

I don't have either ship unlocked. I did it a long time ago with Biggs Wedge JC Ahsoka Poe ResXwing Clone Sgt. Was difficult but just retreated any time I lost a ship in the first volley, and every time the enemy reinforced. The first time they didn't reinforce I was able to beat it.

JEDIT: necro'd
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • It was a thread worthy of necromancy, as this challenge is still total horsepoop.
  • Yeah. My main issue is that target lock doesn't seem to work. I have 3 target lockers (Cassian, Biggs, Phantom) and when I use the TL skills I see resists left and right. As a result, Biggs either never taunts or he taunts once and he never gets any protection regen (in, oh I don't know, 5000 tries or so? :blush:). Also I got Rex, but they all get valor after like 1 turn, so he doesn't have any TL skills pretty much...

I know my team ain't great (maybe I'll have JC as 7th by Monday), but here it is:
    Home One 85 5* (G10 7*)
    Biggs 85 7* (G11 7*)
    Wedge 85 7* (G10 7*)
    Rex 85 5* (G12 7*)
    Ghost 85 6* (G8 7* all)
    Phantom II 85 6* (G8 7* all, except Sabine @ G7)
    Cassian 85 6* (G8 7* all)

All characters lvl 85. I got 5 dot 15 lvl mods on all of them (maybe I miss one or two on chop and zeb). Also, AA, Wiggs and Rex have all skills maxed (with omegas). Rest (except K2 and jyn's aoe) have all skills at least at 7, with quite a few omegas among them. All ships skills (except HO's) maxed.

Enemies got extreme tenacity and dodge apparently (confirmation bias, I know). Well, I never got ships anyway.
  • Pray to RNGzus. I’m glad I’m not the only one having trouble with this. I have heard stories of people beating it with 150k power. I’m rocking 265k and usually lose a ship before my first turn. This particular event seems even more luck based than a lot of swgoh content.
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    This **** is awful and absolutely out of proportion of other challenges. I did Tarkin with almost no investment into his capital ship yet this absolute wrecks me. As a fairly heavy pay to player this just isn’t worth it.
  • Arrid
    11 posts Member
    Home One and rebels are the weakest ships...
    I finish Executrix 6* with 190k fleet power; 6* Endurance with 200k and 1st level Endurance, 5* g6 Windu.
    Now I trying 6* Home One with empowered since Endurance done ships in 260k power... About 1200 (!!!) tries and even no chance

It's bad game
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Poe is needed to take out the enemy tie fighters. Jedi counslar and Biggs are clearly needed. After that the choice is yours but preferably rex for his target lock basic and cassian or bistan. From there take the first 2 rounds with just basics, you want them to go slow so you can use his special right at the start. Use all call assists on Poe, especially if he has his offensive bonus up. Don't use home ones third ability unless you have 2 buffed ships. Otherwise its wasted. From there its pretty face roll. If you don't have Poe use wedge instead but he is a poor mans poe
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    From there its pretty face roll.

Sushi?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    Poe is needed to take out the enemy tie fighters. Jedi counslar and Biggs are clearly needed. After that the choice is yours but preferably rex for his target lock basic and cassian or bistan. From there take the first 2 rounds with just basics, you want them to go slow so you can use his special right at the start. Use all call assists on Poe, especially if he has his offensive bonus up. Don't use home ones third ability unless you have 2 buffed ships. Otherwise its wasted. From there its pretty face roll. If you don't have Poe use wedge instead but he is a poor mans poe

Wrong event, dude. The topic is the challenge to take Home One to 6* — not the event to win shards for 7th *.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Arrid wrote: »
    Home One and rebels are the weakest ships...
    I finish Executrix 6* with 190k fleet power; 6* Endurance with 200k and 1st level Endurance, 5* g6 Windu.
    Now I trying 6* Home One with empowered since Endurance done ships in 260k power... About 1200 (!!!) tries and even no chance

It's bad game

With 1200 failed tries, I suggest, you take new approach.