Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• When I hit level 80 all the teams suddenly went up in gear level, level and just general toughness (more sensible teams rather than Frankenstein teams). I couldn't complete for about a week until I leveled and geared up some of my toons that use GW
  • TheoPatino
    100 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    HK,86,88,Engineer,Nebit. Wedge,Biggs,Lando,Ackbar and STHan or Pathfinder. STHan is the better tank for many reasons, but Pathfinder's revival help with longevity of multiple nodes. Developing those 2 teams, I hardly have to use more in GW, sometimes I will hit a 12 that requires more. Use a team you're developing for the first few nodes, on node 5 use only basics or short timed CDs so all abilities are ready for 6, same with 8 and 10, slow down abilities or use none with only 1 or 2 enemies left... nothing worse than starting a hard node with key abilities on cooldown.
  • Wiggs (L)/SRP + plus pretty much anyone else works all the way through for me usually (the others are usually some variation of Luke/Boba/Lumi). If a node is very difficult or things get messy and I start a match on cooldown for a few abilities I'll sub another tank in (Chewie usually) to soak up some turns
  • ptr
    173 posts Member
    i4Ve3If.png

Anyway, I am only lvl81, but yes since lvl80 I see difficulty increase. So far I am able to do GW everyday mostly with my rebel team (lvl 75, G7-8), except nodes 9 and 12 (have to use main empire team lvl 80, G9-10)
  • Zader, Baze, Chirrut, Boba, Sun Fac for my node 12 today after multiple Wiggs rebel teams with Palp sprinkled into them. All of them fully maxed with the best mods. Not sure how that's deemed acceptable for a F2P roster to finish.
  • I am noticing since I said 80 on my main account usually the final battle is almost impossible. I am not free to play and my characters are pretty leveled. I stagger and use healers throughout and sacrifice. None of that helps when I am one shot with my fully leveled fully maxed out team that I leave till the end. War needs to be reworked at least so that the last few battles can still be challenging but not so ridiculous that my team is one shot killed at tier XII.
  • I think they changed the way they determine difficulty....I have been level 85 for some time and always finished....all of a sudden, last few nodes contain Biggs, wedge, lando all gear level 11. Even if i could match that level of player, which i can't, i still wouldn't stand a chance

Difficulty I thought was based off of squad arena power, but mine has not changed and now I cannot complete...difficulty did not just creep up but is all of a sudden completely out of whack for a lack of a better term.
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    1975hawaii wrote: »
    I think they changed the way they determine difficulty....I have been level 85 for some time and always finished....all of a sudden, last few nodes contain Biggs, wedge, lando all gear level 11. Even if i could match that level of player, which i can't, i still wouldn't stand a chance

Difficulty I thought was based off of squad arena power, but mine has not changed and now I cannot complete...difficulty did not just creep up but is all of a sudden completely out of whack for a lack of a better term.

It's based off your top fives characters in power. Which usually aren't your arena team. So if you've been modding up characters for raids, or increasing other characters outside you arena team your GW will be harder. I tracked it for an entire month and it's definitely based on top five characters in terms of power.
  • Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    I think they changed the way they determine difficulty....I have been level 85 for some time and always finished....all of a sudden, last few nodes contain Biggs, wedge, lando all gear level 11. Even if i could match that level of player, which i can't, i still wouldn't stand a chance

It's based off your top fives characters in power. Which usually aren't your arena team. So if you've been modding up characters for raids, or increasing other characters outside you arena team your GW will be harder. I tracked it for an entire month and it's definitely based on top five characters in terms of power.

Its based off highest arena power used to win a fight (can be checked in guilds-manage-arena power)...
    Why does it get more difficult while your arena power doesnt change? People gear up theor teams more and more, which in turn means that more and more dps combos reach powerlvl's matched to yours...

Example: you have a 40k power arena team, last node is around 120% of your arena power, which makes the node around 48k power.
    1 month ago mostly tank teams reached that power lvl, nowadays everybody and their granddma has high dps combos at that power lvl hence your GW got harder...
  • If you gear up enough the last nodes start becoming uber-easy.
    Useful chars to gear up are RG, Darth Vader, Old Ben and Barriss. There is also the so-so clone chewie and uber trash Nightsister Initiate.
    If you look for the complete list of maxed characters and sort by power, leveling the top power toons which are worth a crystal get you at that point faster.

So far only node 12 is easy for me, but there are people with up to 4 easy nodes.
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »

Its based off highest arena power used to win a fight (can be checked in guilds-manage-arena power)...
    Why does it get more difficult while your arena power doesnt change? People gear up theor teams more and more, which in turn means that more and more dps combos reach powerlvl's matched to yours...

Example: you have a 40k power arena team, last node is around 120% of your arena power, which makes the node around 48k power.
    1 month ago mostly tank teams reached that power lvl, nowadays everybody and their granddma has high dps combos at that power lvl hence your GW got harder...

No, it's based off your highest five power characters period. I have a spreadsheet at home where I tracked it for a month against my arena team and my highest five power characters. The percentage of the opposing team's power compared to your highest five characters' power in nearly identical every day on every node.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Best GW advice I ever received:

Spend the first 3 or 4 easy nodes and "preload" your turn meter for teams you might need later on. In other words - you want to set up a few teams with turn meter so if you need them later on - you don't come in a turn down and get blasted. It made GW ridiculously easy for me after I stuggled for a bit (right after I hit 80).
    Post edited by Broxxor on
  • Preloading TM is a sound strategy. I preload 3 different teams on the first 3 nodes then I start rolling with my GW-A team from the 4th node on. If I meet a hard counter to my GW-A team I switch to another team, then get back to it. In the last fights it's OK to let some toons or the whole team to die be/c there are other teams ready to go.
  • I got to level 40 today and tried my first war, i got through nine battles before all my characters died. I think I'll try using some of my lesser powered characters first next time
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    I got to level 40 today and tried my first war, i got through nine battles before all my characters died. I think I'll try using some of my lesser powered characters first next time

my first gw i got to node 6,
    before protection i got to node 10
    after protection update 9 months ago i was able to clear gws
  • Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »

No, it's based off your highest five power characters period. I have a spreadsheet at home where I tracked it for a month against my arena team and my highest five power characters. The percentage of the opposing team's power compared to your highest five characters' power in nearly identical every day on every node.

Yeah well i tracked it too... top5 power increased, no change in GW, arena power increased, gw chsnged...
    Had easy node 12 for a long time, suddenly it became hard, i used my top5 toons to win a battle in arena and suddenly i was back to easy node 12

Also remember the GW a few days back when barriss got fixed? All GW teams being green gear etc? Why u think that happened? When you clicked upper left corner to display you stats on mainscreen, arena squads were not displayed, therefore gw could not draw oppoments
  • I don't quite get how most people are having problems with GW. I don't mean to gloat or anything but I've been playing pretty much since the beginning and have not completed GW like 5-6 times tops and all of them relatively early in the game. I've actually missed out on more GW's because I forgot or didn't have time for them than from not completing them. Nowdays I get through it usually with 1 squad (rarely need a second for the last node) and for 30 minutes. It sure does help the more squads and toons you have but people's problems with GW have always been a mystery for me...
  • Interesting you are having this problem. I was not able to beat it a single time in the last two months, usually getting to node 12 and getting an impossible team. However, in the last week I have been able to beat it every single day.
  • I got to level 40 today and tried my first war, i got through nine battles before all my characters died. I think I'll try using some of my lesser powered characters first next time

The first few tries kind of suck. I remember how crazy it seemed. Find a good team and try using them for a few nodes. Make sure to include a good healer and don't use specials near the end of each battle. Save them for the next battle.
  • Pre-load tm and work on your bench. I can run up to 5 full teams if need with my junk bench to spare. I rarely loose my A team much less b or c.
  • I preload 3 teams, and then use my empire team to swipe through the remaining 9 nodes. No problem at all, but I have a collection score of 60.59.
  • Check this vid out, it will help you
    https://youtu.be/IiH5TSqmAXM
  • Yeah well i tracked it too... top5 power increased, no change in GW, arena power increased, gw chsnged...
    Had easy node 12 for a long time, suddenly it became hard, i used my top5 toons to win a battle in arena and suddenly i was back to easy node 12

There's more to it than that. I created an acc to test. I won an arena match with 482 power CS and JC then I didn't level or gear them until level 40. No other char even fought in area but suffice to say I didn't get an easy GW. Power curve of GW matched that of my top power chars similar to the spreadsheet mentioned earlier.

• If you have Palpatine, gear him and use him. TFP helps too. With those two, I never have to even swap out teams in GW.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I am facing zeta teams that cannot be beaten.
  • clhs
    195 posts Member
    Today my first GW node, AKA what's meant to be the easiest battle of them all, features Baze and Chirrut. Nice!
  • GW has been my main focus since I began December '15. So I have played it through many, many times. - And now it's a boring, tedious grind against the same teams over and over. I get enough at that in the arena ;-) . All other aspect have the SIM feature and while I do understand why its not used here, it still leaves us with a part of the game that is boring. Games should not be boring.

My idea is two-fold: make the matches interesting and make the campaign shorter

How to make matches more interesting? The idea of meeting arena teams seems like a good idea, until one realises that most arena teams are more or less identical. The result is, that there still are characters I haven't played against after 10 months.
    I think a better solution is to make a large pool of teams (created by the devs*) - from really weak to crazy hard. Then we begin battling them and the game should keep track on how well the computer teams do (damage dealt, kills, which node the battle was fought on and likely more stats). In this way they would quickly become sorted according the the power towards the average player. Then scale the wins, so the harder the matches, the better the awards. Doesn't have to be much, perhaps something like a factor 2-3 from low to high.

It takes to many matches. I auto play the first 4-5 matches every single time, so why are they there? For me they don't add any value. If the game adjusted itself to my (and everybody else's) power, then we would need these unimportant matches. Perhaps it should be endless, we all play until we loose the last toon/give up?

* or be the community, that would be a cool competition: "design the most interesting team and get it into the game". I would create the first 20+ teams myself.

• Pretty sure my GAW glitched yesterday, I am level 85 15 characters at 85 and minimum of gear 8 however when i started GAW yesterday every single team i faced regardless of level where at a maximum of gear level 3. I walked it, far to easy. I enjoy the fun of waiting to see when i lose some of my best characters and experimenting with the different teams to see what impact they can have on a battle. Did anyone else have this issue.
  • Node 12 today: GK(L), Barriss Zeta, 5's, Aayla, Shore. All full maxed gear. All 7* w/ greatest mods except GK is 5* (not that it matters with him).

I don't understand the thinking in having F2P/minnows face teams like this (other than a ridiculous attempt at forcing people to spend $$$?). After the 4th or 5th node of Wiggs, Lando maxed teams sprinkling in some JKA and Palps, how is such a roster supposed to be able to finish? Hours of resets?

I went into this with the whole roster available. I don't think it's possible that I can beat this.

• Pretty sure my GAW glitched yesterday, I am level 85 15 characters at 85 and minimum of gear 8 however when i started GAW yesterday every single team i faced regardless of level where at a maximum of gear level 3. I walked it, far to easy. I enjoy the fun of waiting to see when i lose some of my best characters and experimenting with the different teams to see what impact they can have on a battle. Did anyone else have this issue.

I had it happen on node 12 on all 3 GW I completed in the last 7 hours. I have never seen anything like it.