Anymore tournaments?

Prev1
Should I start spending this 110k ally points or are there going to be more tournaments in the future?

Replies

• Kcm
    84 posts Member
    I would like to know too
  • I really hope not.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I believe the last news was being reworked. I would save them until there is an official statement.
  • No, I do not believe there will be any more tourneys, at least not the same format.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    [sarcasm] Of course there will be more. There was a large out pour if resistance to them and they just kept coming. Now there has to be time for many to build back up that depleted ally point stash to be able to take 1st again. [/sarcasm]
  • I think the final straw for tournaments was the rampant cheating. I'm pretty sure that I saw somewhere that they wouldn't be back but that they would be replaced by a different type of event that would use ally points for refreshes.
  • the idea behind the tournament is great: you build up your B teams and strategically pick your fights with other teams to navigate to the top ranks

the execution was pretty bad tho, it becomes too much of a grind after the 30th battle. also, it tremendously favours players who happen to be free at around 1700 local time

yea, i would welcome the rework
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Fat_Beard wrote: »
    the idea behind the tournament is great: you build up your B teams and strategically pick your fights with other teams to navigate to the top ranks

the execution was pretty bad tho, it becomes too much of a grind after the 30th battle. also, it tremendously favours players who happen to be free at around 1700 local time

yea, i would welcome the rework

Pick your fights!?! I wish! Having the same options to choose out of 5 choices is not really a choice.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Good riddance in my opinion. The brackets were broken if you weren't max level. Level 79s paired with level 71s for example, and level 79s have the added bonus of being able to level their abilities further due to the level restrictions on them for starters. The cheating certainly didn't help matters.

• i mean it on a broader sense

if you start climbing the ranks about 3 hours before end, you will see a lot of g8/g9 teams. then you can throw your b/c teams at them. Also, I run droids, empire, and rebel teams (all arena viable). so I have a decent response to different metas.

of course this only applies if you have a lot of free time shortly before the end of tournament, thus my earlier comment.
  • I hope they come back in some firm I have close to 700k in all points ready for the next one
  • I hate tourneys but I love mod packs...... so either way I'm sad
  • I think they will return. The new achievement still comes with ap as a prize along with Vader shards. I can't see devs just throwing this away just yet.
  • I believe tournaments will return, they're currently working on anti-cheating mechanisms (to the best of my knowledge) - which is good news.
  • I hope the new type of event is good.
  • Malthael
    972 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    scuba wrote: »
    [sarcasm] Of course there will be more. There was a large out pour if resistance to them and they just kept coming. Now there has to be time for many to build back up that depleted ally point stash to be able to take 1st again. [/sarcasm]

Its like you're saying that tournaments give free characters to the whales that were most willing to pay for them in the first place, the heresy.

I wonder at what conclusions would we arrive if we checked swgoh.gg.

Next you're going to tell us some players have inside information...

Yeah.. aliens!!!
  • ptr
    173 posts Member
    I hope they will.

I actually liked tournaments. Always tried to start as late as possible (1-2hrs before end) and usually managed to end in top100. My highest achievement was 69th place ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) giggity
  • I miss the extra coins and gear from the tournaments rather than fighting for a couple of toon shards.
  • Nice how EA refunded the Barriss Zeta users and gave them crystals, yet all who lost out in the Jyn Erso Tournament (and others) get nothing but a kick in the you-know-where after facing broken Barriss teams.
  • Mzee wrote: »
    Good riddance in my opinion. The brackets were broken if you weren't max level. Level 79s paired with level 71s for example, and level 79s have the added bonus of being able to level their abilities further due to the level restrictions on them for starters. The cheating certainly didn't help matters.

Add "the reward structure was terrible" and it's perfect
  • Teddygz wrote: »
    I hope they come back in some firm I have close to 700k in all points ready for the next one

Lol nice try dude, because that's everybody right now. It's going to be terrible if they ever return because everyone will have 1M+ AP saved up and make it a bloodbath.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • benacrow wrote: »
    Teddygz wrote: »
    I hope they come back in some firm I have close to 700k in all points ready for the next one

Lol nice try dude, because that's everybody right now. It's going to be terrible if they ever return because everyone will have 1M+ AP saved up and make it a bloodbath.

Yeah, it would be terrible. Hopefully tournaments are permanently done away with.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »
    I believe tournaments will return, they're currently working on anti-cheating mechanisms (to the best of my knowledge) - which is good news.

You mean they are going through CV's to find a second person besides LD to look into complaints?
  • hopefully no more tournaments
  • Tournaments are the worst part about this game imo
  • I hate tournaments they are the worse thing ever released into the game.

If they do come back they probably wont use ap to refresh as that would be crazy as most people are saving them up and can you imagine the outrage when 1 million ap is not good enough for a top 100 finish.

They would have to run several events before that have an ap element so people burn through them.
  • Does anyone know how people were cheating, or was it just some glitch that occurred for some?
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    amusedam_1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how people were cheating, or was it just some glitch that occurred for some?

Discussions of cheating are not allowed
  • People were cheating no glitch. The thread will be closed if anyone goes into details.
  • Tournaments were the worst addition to this game, period. I honestly hope we never see them again, but of course, we will... Not bothering to save my ally points tho, ppl will have tens of millions saved by the time another tournament launches. Basically means the refresh cost will be insane or, at the very least, once again the first few tournaments will be an absolute shtshw. I pull too many great items from bronzium to worry about what ifs.