The Galactic Bounty Hunter Players Discussion

Replies

• Dyha
    37 posts Member
    Unlikely :(
  • is Boba Fett enough for a dispel in most cases? Don't need a second dispeller?
  • Dyha
    37 posts Member
    For me its a toss up, by himself he isnt enough, I am unfortunately not ready to sacrifice a spot for a second one.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator

ExOwEX5.jpg
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Finally geared and added GK to mix
  • RJ__Brando wrote: »

For those without GK or Baze, I take it B2 is still the preferred 5th?
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Mageduckey wrote: »
    RJ__Brando wrote: »

For those without GK or Baze, I take it B2 is still the preferred 5th?

Yes.
    ExOwEX5.jpg

What speed is everyone?
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    ExOwEX5.jpg

What speed is everyone?

Boba 259
    Zam 249
    Greedo 213
    Ig 88 205
    Gk 190 (modded for tenacity)
  • is baze much preferred over shore for the dispel? Or Shore works out just fine? Since Shore came out in shipments been very tempted
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Better late than never:

https://youtu.be/9BBteJJd_B0
    Better late than never:

https://youtu.be/9BBteJJd_B0
    Good to see you back on Youtube my frined, and also some Bounty hunters kickin **** ;)
  • Tejparn
    50 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    edit
  • I'm currently at G10 on all my BHs (except cad bane) and which ones is the most important to get to 11 first?
    Thinking about IG-88 because his gear req is easy.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Tejparn wrote: »
    I'm currently at G10 on all my BHs (except cad bane) and which ones is the most important to get to 11 first?
    Thinking about IG-88 because his gear req is easy.

Boba, 88, zam, greedo, dengar....that would be my suggested order.
  • Where's the love for cad bane? I notice a lot of people have chosen greedo for his thermals but I find my g11 bane is clutch. For starters, if you have zam then greedo's extra thermals are less important. Also, bane has a much higher chance of double tapping even without a crit, hits about the same if not harder, and also does bonus damage versus Jedi which is becoming more important these days due to QGJ zeta and kenobi. Not to mention the fact that his stun plus TM reduction is unavoidable and goes thru foresight. Much more versatile toon IMO
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Where's the love for cad bane? I notice a lot of people have chosen greedo for his thermals but I find my g11 bane is clutch. For starters, if you have zam then greedo's extra thermals are less important. Also, bane has a much higher chance of double tapping even without a crit, hits about the same if not harder, and also does bonus damage versus Jedi which is becoming more important these days due to QGJ zeta and kenobi. Not to mention the fact that his stun plus TM reduction is unavoidable and goes thru foresight. Much more versatile toon IMO

Is his base speed and base HP that make him less valuable then Greedo
    Where's the love for cad bane? I notice a lot of people have chosen greedo for his thermals but I find my g11 bane is clutch. For starters, if you have zam then greedo's extra thermals are less important. Also, bane has a much higher chance of double tapping even without a crit, hits about the same if not harder, and also does bonus damage versus Jedi which is becoming more important these days due to QGJ zeta and kenobi. Not to mention the fact that his stun plus TM reduction is unavoidable and goes thru foresight. Much more versatile toon IMO

I'd take a trade for versatility+dmg over a few extra speed and health any day.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator

I'd take a trade for versatility+dmg over a few extra speed and health any day.

He's not terrible by any means, i just feel he's doesn't get as many turns as Greedo in a match to really be relevant. The extra detonators are key too....Zam's basic does extreme damage.
  • Bounty Hunter players! My account is less than two weeks old, but I'm interested in a Bounty Hunter team.

My question is simple, when do Bounty Hunters become effective? Is it every too early to start?

I currently run Lando (L) / IG-88 / STH / Boba / JC. Replacing JC soon with Biggs. I'm wondering if I could start farming Cad or Zam though. My account is level 44. Will I be effective at early Gear Levels / Ability levels in arenas?
  • Copes wrote: »
    Bounty Hunter players! My account is less than two weeks old, but I'm interested in a Bounty Hunter team.

My question is simple, when do Bounty Hunters become effective? Is it every too early to start?

I currently run Lando (L) / IG-88 / STH / Boba / JC. Replacing JC soon with Biggs. I'm wondering if I could start farming Cad or Zam though. My account is level 44. Will I be effective at early Gear Levels / Ability levels in arenas?

Well i personally didn't have a BH team that early on but with the right characters and mods they can always be quite good. Would definitely recommend you to start farming Zam, maybe Bane but thats more for your own pleasure
  • Tejparn wrote: »
    Copes wrote: »
    Bounty Hunter players! My account is less than two weeks old, but I'm interested in a Bounty Hunter team.

Well i personally didn't have a BH team that early on but with the right characters and mods they can always be quite good. Would definitely recommend you to start farming Zam, maybe Bane but thats more for your own pleasure

Great, thanks. Zam is one that interests me.

On another note, any thoughts on who Boba / IG-88 / Zam pair well with who aren't bounty hunters? The team doesn't need to consist of 5 Bounty Hunters early on, but I'd love to be able to build those three and find some neat synergies.
  • There are many candidates thanks to Boba's leadership - Clone Sergeant, Rey, Lando and basically all crit-dependent toons get a massive boost from him. So are debuffers, like Vader and Cassian thanks to Execute.

For protection though you need a taunter like Shoretrooper who can not only make sure the super-annoying Wiggs teams stay away from the weak ones but nullify enemy crit-toons as well. And Rex is always great for cleansing and reliable turn meter reduction.
  • There are many candidates thanks to Boba's leadership - Clone Sergeant, Rey, Lando and basically all crit-dependent toons get a massive boost from him. So are debuffers, like Vader and Cassian thanks to Execute.

For protection though you need a taunter like Shoretrooper who can not only make sure the super-annoying Wiggs teams stay away from the weak ones but nullify enemy crit-toons as well. And Rex is always great for cleansing and reliable turn meter reduction.

This is great, thanks.

I unlocked Boba tonight, so for the short term I'm going to be running Lando (L) / STH / IG-88 / Boba. For the 5th slot I'm currently really torn between JC, Chewie or Tarkin. I like the concept of Tarkin... he helps the team avoid damage like JC, only instead of doing so with Heals he does it with Debuffs which can really help 88's damage. He also has AoE damage, which means that STH is my only character that DOESN'T do AoE to the opposing team.

Long term? Maybe replace STH with Shoretrooper or Baze, and replace whatever 5th I choose with Zam? So long term goal would be Boba (L) / Lando / IG-88 / Zam / Shoretrooper or Baze.

Hopefully someday they add Bossk as a tank!
  • Speaking of Bossk, maybe they will add Zuckuss and 4-LOM as well.

And if the addition of Derth Nihilus is an acknowledgement of the KotOR I and II as canon, we will get many, many new beautiful and inteesting characters.

My secret hope? Add the Imperial Agent from SWTOR.
  • How viable is BH without the 200+ speed on all characters? I might be able to get them up to that level but that would require gutting all my other teams to get the right mods
    Currently
    • Boba G11 - 207 Speed
    • Dengar G11 - 113 Speed
    • Cad Bane G11 - 107 Speed
    • IG-88 G11 - 124 Speed
    • Zam G11 - 173 Speed
    • Greed G9 - 159 Speed

https://swgoh.gg/u/stumpoman/mods/?stat2=5
    I have a lot of mods with speed secondaries that I could use but they are the completely wrong types
  • stumpoman wrote: »
    How viable is BH without the 200+ speed on all characters? I might be able to get them up to that level but that would require gutting all my other teams to get the right mods
    Currently
    • Boba G11 - 207 Speed
    • Dengar G11 - 113 Speed
    • Cad Bane G11 - 107 Speed
    • IG-88 G11 - 124 Speed
    • Zam G11 - 173 Speed
    • Greed G9 - 159 Speed

https://swgoh.gg/u/stumpoman/mods/?stat2=5
    I have a lot of mods with speed secondaries that I could use but they are the completely wrong types

I have just changed arena team and transferred mods from gear 11 and 10 boba, wiggs, ep, and b2 to:

Boba g11 220 speed
    Ig 88 g10 170 speed
    Zam g9 225 speed
    Greedo g8 190 speed
    B2 g10 110 speed

By far and away my biggest problem is being under geared rather than speed. Can get around 10th at arena payout with a refresh on April shard. I'm actually holding rank better than before but can't get up quite as as high yet coz too squishy. Galactic war and raids suffering from losing mods from wiggs. Also my high secondary speed mods aren't potency so not capitalising well on bobas health lead increases.

I think speed is really important because you don't really do any significant damage until zam gets her second turn. Often I'll go 3-5 down before pulling the match back when the thermal detonators explode. However if I had all g11 maybe wouldn't matter so much.
  • Well hopefully one of the two characters that are yet to be named in the Nihilus event is a Bounty hunter o:)
  • We might get Aurra Sing in the upcoming months.
  • We might get Aurra Sing in the upcoming months.

Well, we might get every Bounty hunter thats left the coming months?