The Future for Bounty Hunters

What is everyone's input on what they believe the direction for the Bounty Hunters will go? Will there be a better lead than Boba's? Who will be the next Bounty Hunter released in-game? Personally I have a feeling Embo, Bossk, Jango, or Aurra Sing would be great to have in-game. At the moment, a full Bounty hunter squad can definitely be a top team in arena. They do however need something to hold them on defense. What do you guys think? Are Bounty Hunters going to have a nice future in SWGOH?

Replies

• I hope/think so.

Supposedly they are viable now but i agree, they need better defense.

Embo and Bossk would be fantastic additions and i can't wait to use them!
  • A bounty hunter that is a tank with a pre-start taunt would be awesome!
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Yes, I have high hopes for Bounty Hunters since the Boba rework. It definitely will make things a lot more interesting.
  • Jango is already in the game 6 times
  • Embo will most likely be the next toon for bounty hunters.

He was listed under the boba update as sharing the bounty hunter tags with the other toons
  • Also I don't think bounty hunters need a tank.

If they had a support bounty hunter that allowed other bounty hunters to ignore taunt other than just boba it would give bounty hunters a unquie trait that others don't have while not needing a tank that makes the other teams have a unquie up on bounty hunters
  • I really need a tank or healer type bounty hunter for my squad. Also need a Zeta for Zam or Dengar.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Raids, I wish... Zam could work similar to Emporer Palpatine if she didn't kill the droids
  • Bossk should be a tank and embo support/attacker
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Maljr1980 wrote: »
    Jango is already in the game 6 times

sharp!
  • As far as new characters go I'm thinkin Jango as DPS with Boba/Clone synergy, Bossk as petaunting tank (maybe he can have X% chance place thermals on enemies who damage him), Embo as support (we know he can daze).

Zam or Dengar need a zeta for sure. Playing my bounty hunter team the glaring issue seems to be lack of a dispeller. The damage output is amazing but sinking it into a 105k health+prot ST is no fun. For Zam maybe her basic dispels positive effects from enemy if a bomb is detonated on them, or she can target anyone who has a detonator on them (so ignore taunt at times). Dengar really just needs a speed boost, so his zeta can do that however...
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    If Dengar gave his unique to ALL bounty allies with zeta ability, i think this would alleviate the need for a taunt character.

Also, a character that deals out detonators on damage, similar to Jawa Scavenger, would be an amazing addition to the synergy.
  • Maljr1980 wrote: »

Really? I must have overlooked him. I do not recall seeing him once.
  • @RJ__Brando

Dengar's unique shared between all bounty hunters would be like Zaul x2 though, crazy OP just with the tenacity up...
  • RJ__Brando wrote: »
    If Dengar gave his unique to ALL bounty allies with zeta ability, i think this would alleviate the need for a taunt character.

Also, a character that deals out detonators on damage, similar to Jawa Scavenger, would be an amazing addition to the synergy.

Agree with dengar zeta if he did apply his unquie to all bounty hunter there wouldn't really be a need for a tank
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Kivoku wrote: »
    @RJ__Brando

Dengar's unique shared between all bounty hunters would be like Zaul x2 though, crazy OP just with the tenacity up...

Ok, remove gain of tenacity up. It would be stealth for 1 turn, and could be nullified upon death.

Zaul is 2 turns, TMG, Advantage
  • I'd like them to turn Dengar into a tank if they don't introduce that with Bossk. I personally don't care for his unique much, and think he'd be better as a tank given his health/prot pool and speed.
  • Kivoku wrote: »
    @RJ__Brando

It would be OP but there would still be ways around it. Dengar needs something better. I mean he is great with his special for the rancor but now we have TFP for that. Dengar is only beneficial to use in a full Bounty Hunter squad, although there is other controversial options. IMO Greedo would be more viable at this point. If Dengar had a zeta (or Zam), it would help keep a better arena rank. It seems as though Bounty Hunter squads fall down the ladder just ask quick as they can climb (Mods are an exception). I do believe something down this route would happen. Maybe another Bounty Hunter Zeta or another Bounty Hunter option to replace the fifth (maybe fourth) Bounty Hunter in your squad.
  • Kivoku wrote: »
    @RJ__Brando

It would be OP but there would still be ways around it. Dengar needs something better. I mean he is great with his special for the rancor but now we have TFP for that. Dengar is only beneficial to use in a full Bounty Hunter squad, although there is other controversial options. IMO Greedo would be more viable at this point. If Dengar had a zeta (or Zam), it would help keep a better arena rank. It seems as though Bounty Hunter squads fall down the ladder just ask quick as they can climb (Mods are an exception). I do believe something down this route would happen. Maybe another Bounty Hunter Zeta or another Bounty Hunter option to replace the fifth (maybe fourth) Bounty Hunter in your squad.

Dude, greedo is a requirement of a bounty hunter squad. Boba, zam, and greedo are the core, with that you should add shoretrooper and one other toon of your choice doesn't have to be a bounty hunter. Bh teams are pretty decent as is, other factions are in much more need of a zeta at the moment.
  • Detonators and chance to hit again are pretty defining characteristics of the Scoundrels in general. Fett is has a bonus to it in his Lead. Embo is definitely coming, and he could very easily tank it up with that hat of his. Hopefully Marrok appears somehow, if only on a special!

As for the future.... I REALLY hope Hondo or a Hutt appears as an Admiral character, because, unquestionably, we NEED space pirates in the game! Their is a list of scoundrel characters as long as any other faction -- I'm sure we'll see them feed out slowly between movies.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Darthbinks wrote: »
    Dude, greedo is a requirement of a bounty hunter squad. Boba, zam, and greedo are the core, with that you should add shoretrooper and one other toon of your choice doesn't have to be a bounty hunter. Bh teams are pretty decent as is, other factions are in much more need of a zeta at the moment.

Fourth definitely needs to be a BH or at least Scoundrel. Zam needs 4 scoundrels to run infinite detonators, as 3 only gets her somewhere around 80-85% TM. I've been experimenting with Raid Han, as I don't have Ig88.
  • 88 is okay with scoundrels if he can hide behind St Han. And really, if you're using Han, Lando isn't too bad as lead. Which, really, makes for a "scoundrel" team that needs more SCOUndRel.

I blew time/resources on Cad Bane, I really regret that. I have Fett where he needs to be and I win the Credit heist easy, which is all that matters, but even if I had Zam, I don't think the Scoundrel's/Bounty hunters have a team right now, not alone. Older Fett didn't lead a team, he solo'd it. Young Fett did have a team, but i don't see how detonators had anything to do with it.

We need a Hutt or Hondo to come and be a real scoundrel leader. And Embo to energize better with someone... Maybe Bane... I'd like Bane to be usable at least.... *sniff sniff*
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Maljr1980 wrote: »

And you must be real fun at parties.
  • Atlas1 wrote: »
    Maljr1980 wrote: »

And you must be real fun at parties.

Hahahaha made my day.