Starring up vs progressing in cantina.

Hey guys, new player here level 44.
I am currently trying to upgrade my GS. He is 3* Gear level 6.
He is so powerful I cannot believe it. With Sidious as lead he crits for 2.4k easily.

Now, I'm only on Cantina Holotable 1C. I'm sure I can progress further, but I'm not sure if I should.

Do I rather try to upgrade him more or do I focus on progressing in the Cantina?
| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |

Replies

• My lvl 43 4* GS with gear 5 hit a 3600 crit today unbuffed if that gives you perspective.
  • GS is great to farm qst from Cantina.
    The downside is
    A. Potential nerf in GS future
    B. You get small credit amount, less ability mat purple, less cantina tokens.
    I got Kylo Ren 7* first, and now Iam working on Dooku and Barriss becausethey all give much more ability mat and credit and cantina tokens than GS battle. I wish I had GS though...
  • puppyCasey wrote: »
    GS is great to farm qst from Cantina.
    The downside is
    I got Kylo Ren 7* first, and now Iam working on Dooku and Barriss becausethey all give much more ability mat and credit and cantina tokens than GS battle. I wish I had GS though...

It isnt that much. per 120 energy you'll receive 15 more cantina credits if you farm the 5-6 levels. Dont know how much extra purple mats you'll get but i doubt it will be that many. Dont know how much credits youll get from the higher battles.
    Just continue farming gs to 7*, its pointless to try to anticipate a nerf. Noone knows if and when a nerf comes. Progressing in the cantina battles isnt necessary, the new stages only offer other character shards and slightly more cantina credits.
  • My lvl 43 4* GS with gear 5 hit a 3600 crit today unbuffed if that gives you perspective.

Total beast heh. If I had more crystals I'd farm him all the time. Currently only 12/30 though.
    The downside is

It isnt that much. per 120 energy you'll receive 15 more cantina credits if you farm the 5-6 levels. Dont know how much extra purple mats you'll get but i doubt it will be that many. Dont know how much credits youll get from the higher battles.
    Just continue farming gs to 7*, its pointless to try to anticipate a nerf. Noone knows if and when a nerf comes. Progressing in the cantina battles isnt necessary, the new stages only offer other character shards and slightly more cantina credits.

It's interesting because I know purple ability mats are the rarest, so if that becomes factor I would need to advance.
    If anyone can share any stats on the drops at higher rates, that would really help.
  • I'd stay and finish GS to level 60 and 5 stars or more.
    Then in one swoop do the Cantina to map 4. Then do Kylo until you get Kylo. Then reach level 69 and rush your way to Cantina map 6. Don't worry about purple mats. those will come from events. why be so scattered? just focus and enjoy. it's not good to do 5 things at once. u'll lose focus and you'll lose patience. But good
  • Is Kylo really that good though? I have him 4* gear 6 lvl 50 and find him to be wholly underwhelming.
  • From the cantina missions I'm farming:
    GS, to get him to 7*
    Talia, to also eventually 7*
    Kylo Ren, unlocked the battle today and will farm eventually. I probably won't go any further in cantina now.

My question is, will a 6/7* Talia be enough to get me through the DS battles because I don't have Daka (farming Poe instead)???

I have Phasma(L), Sid, Dooku, Talia, GS
  • Is Kylo really that good though? I have him 4* gear 6 lvl 50 and find him to be wholly underwhelming.

Apparently he's badass in a Phasma(L) squad but you need to almost max his stats

Apparently he's badass in a Phasma(L) squad but you need to almost max his stats

I still don't use Kylo in PvP (leveling up gear/abilities, etc)

But I use him in one of the challenges, and I've seen a very noticable increase since getting him to lvl7 gear and lvl4/5 abilities.

Many in my top 5-10 pvp opponent run him and he does serious damage (I'm assuming they have him all geared up and what not)

Considering I'm building up a FO squad, I'm going to keep farming him. With Phasma as a leader, he's very dangerous.
    The downside is

It's interesting because I know purple ability mats are the rarest, so if that becomes factor I would need to advance.
    If anyone can share any stats on the drops at higher rates, that would really help.

Somewhere between firetruck all and none

Listen to Pindasauskanon not puppyCasey

Possible nerf is like not opening a kinder surprise just in case the foil wrapper will be worth something some day
    Roger roger
  • From the cantina missions I'm farming:
    GS, to get him to 7*
    Talia, to also eventually 7*
    Kylo Ren, unlocked the battle today and will farm eventually. I probably won't go any further in cantina now.

My question is, will a 6/7* Talia be enough to get me through the DS battles because I don't have Daka (farming Poe instead)???

I have Phasma(L), Sid, Dooku, Talia, GS

Just grab some allies that have Daka as their rep incase you come across a battle you can't beat without her. People say they can get through all the DS missions without her. Always good to have an ally with her in your back pocket though.
  • I was able yo get through dark side 6 with no daka and a 3 star talia.
  • I love Geo personally. I'll 7* mine when I reset at midnight. Then I'll go to Dooku or Ren, not sure on them. I like Dooku more, but Ren at 7* gear 8 is pretty solid.