Is there a gear imbalance/crunch, similar to the previous credit crunch?

Prev1
Neo2551
1824 posts Member
edited January 2017
We all need cuffs, guns, carbantis by thousand. Is it too much?

Is there a gear imbalance/crunch, similar to the previous credit crunch? 308 votes

Yes
94%
GreenArrow_76SarcodinoStarcronNarmacilSlewfootChaser2pepelestatsc7606CrackedTechStarSonDarthmichkusfive2zeroDark_JediSlevinBurgerTruffleJonesChewie_says_AaarwwEzezielrylokenoApophisgssq83 292 votes
No
5%
Zombie961EightysAeroandreaMoshiDonbot89SwasAyeBradGoodyearVorenuPRIMENBenDstrawWittsterRiseOfBoxandthefuzzHipsterObiWanspotremixGramord 16 votes
Post edited by Neo2551 on

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Yes
    There sure is, stun things being the primary bottleneck. They missed a big opportunity putting them in challenges in the last cap raise. The thing is a gear 8 toon isn't any more worthy then a newly unlocked one. For long term players this means 50+ 7* characters with only about 20 being qualified for use. Check my roster for illustration of it after 13 months.
    Post edited by No_Try on
  • Yes
    I completely agree. I have at least 10 toons at 7* but won't be able to use them anytime as I can't gear them...
  • Yes
    Don't forget the syringes and the mk III callers.
  • Yes
    Between the stun cuffs, Mk6 Chewiewabs(hairdryers) and the furnaces that every char requires at gear 8 it's a nightmare. I think it'd be a little easier if the furnaces could be farmed and maybe add the stun cuffs to a challenge like stated earlier
  • No
    Credit was a problem of we didn't have the means to get enough credits to do everything we could, and if you couldn't beat GW everyday you were SOL. Gear is just getting unlucky in drops
  • No
    I'd love to have more gear but I don't think it's a problem. Yes, some lower level gear needs to be added to higher tier challenges but otherwise I think it's WAI. Most gear can be farmed or easily bought. They need to make money somehow.
  • Yes
    it should not take a month to take ONE character from G10 to G11. Gear drops are horrible and infuriating. I just log in for dailies now, just auto raids, auto everything involving ships. I'm barely hanging on in hopes it gets better, because it's turning into a chore to play this game.
  • Yes
    Been working on 1 piece of gear for vader for 4 days now. I don't feel like I am making any progress in the game.
  • Sordyn
    37 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Yes
    As an example at the moment I have:

Challenge Rewards:

Strength:
    635 Mk 4 BAW Armor Mod Salvage
    48 Mk 4 Sorosuub Keypad Salvage
    33 Mk 3 Carbanti Sensor Arrays Salvage
    1464 Mk 4 Arakyd Droid Caller Salvage
    271 Mk 8 Biotech Implant Salvage

Agility:
    54 Mk 3 Arakyd Droid Caller Salvage
    1524 Mk 5 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars Salvage
    1908 Mk 5 Sorosuub Keypad Salvage
    68 Mk 6 Chiewab Hypo Syringe Salvage
    435 Mk 9 Fabritech Data Pad Salvage

Tactical:
    53 Mk 5 Loronar Power Cell Salvage
    1756 Mk 1 Athakam Medpac Salvage
    1605 Mk 4 A/KT Stun Gun Salvage
    1514 Mk 8 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars Salvage
    323 Mk 5 Athakam Medpac Salvage

As a result I'm often forced to do the Tier 3 and 4 Challenges to supplement the more frequently required salvage ( With 43 Gear 8+ Charachters ).
  • Yes
    Yes

I have about 40 toons stuck at G8
  • Yes
    Yesx1000000000
    Leader and co-founder of BHG
  • Yes
    Are we kidding here? Of course there is a gear imbalance, they ignore it because people buy gear with crystals. It makes them money, they will not shift it.

What we need to push for is raid tokens that we can exchange for the new gear we actually need as opposed to RNG drops in raid boxes.
  • No
    I'd love to have more gear but I don't think it's a problem. Yes, some lower level gear needs to be added to higher tier challenges but otherwise I think it's WAI. Most gear can be farmed or easily bought. They need to make money somehow.

I also said no but this illustrates what I believe perfectly. A shuffle of gear or being able to sell excess gear would help more. I understand not being gifted gear but a tweak would go a long way. :smile:
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Yes
    SwasAye wrote: »

I also said no but this illustrates what I believe perfectly. A shuffle of gear or being able to sell excess gear would help more. I understand not being gifted gear but a tweak would go a long way. :smile:

So there is an imbalance in gear?
  • Yes
    Since when can we do polls again? Yes the gear farming is ridiculous grind, can we get a "gear heist"?
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Yes
    The poll is under the section of player strategy.
  • No
    game is working as intended. if there weren't a gear grind some of us would have nothing to do but hanging around in the boring arena.
  • Yes
    Ive quit this game because of the raid gear being awful!
  • Yes
    SwasAye wrote: »

A good game doesn't and shouldn't need to rely on frustrating its player base to get money. There are a million and one ways to get money of lf customers. This is probably one of the worst ways as it alienates the player base. Good subscriptions with premium benefits, (not crystal subscription pack) is just one way. The gear grind atm is too much based on the fact that we have to max out more characters because of new content but there hasn't been a way to aid in this process bar the credit heist
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Yes
    It's not any better when you see the requirements for gear going to lvl 90 and lvl 95. There's more, but take it with a grain of salt as it's only datamined and can change at any second without notice, but this is what we should be expecting on future updates whenever G12 and G13 available in game.
  • Yes
    The only imbalance that I feel needs to be fixed is simply them reworking which gear pieces drop in rewards in challenges and fixing the amount to 5 per item each time. If we actually got gear we needed it would make sense but often the challenges give us gear that is unusable
    Yes, I am THE Warrior.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Yes
    Warrior_TI wrote: »
    The only imbalance that I feel needs to be fixed is simply them reworking which gear pieces drop in rewards in challenges and fixing the amount to 5 per item each time. If we actually got gear we needed it would make sense but often the challenges give us gear that is unusable

Carbantis, Syringes, MK4 Keypads and Gold Balls are useful!! But I totally agree with you.
    I wonder if you could make a video to teach new player how to manage their gear the most efficiently and talk about the issue. This topic is huge now on Reddit.
  • Yes
    Absolutely. Too many characters require the same hard-to-obtain gear. I have tons and tons of gear from challenges, but the ones I *really* need you just can't get.
    I can read the future, while lesser men read comic books.
  • CrackedTech
    1 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Yes
    It is pretty close to impossible to stress just how bad things are with gear. The many posts here and on the subreddit detailing just how little used some of the most easily obtained pieces are versus how hard it is to obtain many of the most needed pieces are a great start though. Also, the many posts that detail the numbers of just how lopsided the distribution of gear per character is show that many, many, many characters use the same pieces and use them often meaning even when we do get what we need it really doesn't help us much.
  • Yes
    Too much, and the drop rate dosen't help.
  • Yes
    It's worse than the credit crunch ever was
  • Yes
    Not only should they give flat gear for challenges, they should increase the RNG drop in missions, especially Hard Nodes.

Additionally, they should look to reworking what is dropped per challenge. Higher tier challenges should drop gear that folks need. Yes, I understand that I have used upwards of 200 of the intelligence binoculars, but I still have 600 sitting around derping. And that's ONLY because I've been farming Tier III for so long to get the +10 tactics plugs.

As the game has developed, the average gear level changes. I understand the need to preserve gear grinds for newer players. That being said, there is no reason why the RNG on needed gear drops should not increase as you increase in level. Level adding a modifier for gear drops would greatly assist in gearing folks without it taking the grind away. Make it such that it is a sliding scale of +x drops based on quality of gear.

For instance,

Level 20 folks should probably have an increased chance to get +1 or +2 white drops.

Level 50, blue. Their chance for +2 or maybe even +3 white drops increases

Level 80, Purple, increase the above.

Level 85, gold. Increase the above.

And the increase doesn't have to be something insane. It doesn't even have to be a flat additional piece. But if a level 85 player had an extra 30% chance for an orange to drop from a normal mode (or even just hard-mode) node, I guarantee, gear would be much easier but still challenging to obtain.
  • Yes
    All these things. Not sure what the idea is behind designing the game to make it take months to make one character usable. As for specifics, I'd also like to see the agility challenge reworked to have at least one tier drop both mk5 syringes and mk3 Droid callers. A tier three gear piece being one of the primary bottlenecks is ridiculous.
  • Darth_Amarth
    354 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Yes
    For F2P players is almost impossible to get gear. I mean, taking one month to gear a toon to GL X is really a problem when you have +40 characters in line.
    I've only spend money in this game twice back when Rex and Echo were released (I'm a huge CTs fan and I wanted to get them). It wasn't much money ($30) and I still don't have them. That being said, I won't spend +$100 just to be able to play my toons in the newest content. I know this game is suppose to be somewhat grindy, and that's fine. You almost never ran out of things to do, but the grind is no longer user friendly.
    They should add some sort of gear heist, where you can get some of the most needed pieces and the final tier could drop a few Raid gear pieces as well

EDIT: They should rework challenges too. I have like 2k or more useless pieces, while constantly running out of some other type of gear. The unbalance is too big to be ignored.