Krennic and DT are not the end of Chaze

Prev1
First of all, their speed is nothing stellar. A fast boba to ability block DT from dispelling, a fast Chirrut will throw tenacity up, the it's still game over. Now once both Krennic and DT are zeta'd it gets tougher. But the Zaul, Palps, Speed Boba and Chaze team will still be able to negate DT and Krennic with Daze and shock.

I for one am glad. This isn't replacing the meta but adding to it. Battles are going to become more strategic.

Replies

• Taco
    446 posts Member
    Tuskens can beat that
  • I think people are going to have to realized they wasted all of their money. CUP and JKG just aren't going to be viable anymore with DT and Krennic.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Tenacity down can be applied thru tenacity up. So if Boba ability blocks both krennic and Dt. If Baze is taunting krennic will Inflict tenacity down and Dt will apply daze followed by stun. That will hurt Baze very much.
  • I for one am glad. This isn't replacing the meta but adding to it. Battles are going to become more strategic.

Nothing is strategic when you have chaze on your team
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    1) Chirrut won't put tenacity up first on defense unless theres a debuffed ally. So that can be avoided. Also, Krennic can apply tenacity down 100% of the time with his basic which hits like a truck, so even if chirrut does put tenacity up Krennic can fix that.
    2) DT and Krennic both have AoEs so if you run a zeta vader lead they can remove TM through tenacity up. DT has some decent health, and with Shoretrooper Krennic will be pretty safe for the first turn at least.
    3) Krooper are probably going to ensure that Wiggs teams are gone for good. They have some abilities that will make them pretty good against Wiggs teams. Chaze is still competition, but thats good, espeically considering Chaze is so much better than so many other things.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Taco wrote: »
    Tuskens can beat that

TACO, I TOLD YOU NOT TO TELL ANYONE
  • Taco
    446 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    Tuskens can beat that

TACO, I TOLD YOU NOT TO TELL ANYONE
    Ah you found out
  • The OP made a good point and something I thought about when I saw the new characters. They are far too slow to do anything against the rebels. By the time they get to use their cool new abilities then the rebels will already have knocked out a character or two.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    The OP made a good point and something I thought about when I saw the new characters. They are far too slow to do anything against the rebels. By the time they get to use their cool new abilities then the rebels will already have knocked out a character or two.

They are going to be very reliant on Shoretrooper, which is why I think they made him farmable. Albeit, it's a hard farm, but he is fully f2p now.
  • TronTheKhan
    650 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Yet again, speed is everything.....
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • I think Deathtroopers basic alone can take care of them, also tenacity isn't going to help if ability block can be inflicted through it and they both can remove or nullify tenacity, not to mention Krennic and Deathtrooper both gain large crit damage buffs from rebel enemies
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    I think Deathtroopers basic alone can take care of them, also tenacity isn't going to help if ability block can be inflicted through it and they both can remove or nullify tenacity, not to mention Krennic and Deathtrooper both gain large crit damage buffs from rebel enemies

Death Trooper can't take care of them if he's dead. Which is why they need Shore. Although adding in these two to the Empire possibilities makes it a little more difficult for rebels to pick who to take out first. If they take out DT, EP will still shock and stun them into misery. If they take out EP first, DT and Krennic can really put a stop to their tactics. If Shore is present and they don't have a fast enough dispel, then EP and DT and Krennic will ruin rebels easily. Especially Wiggs.
  • First of all, their speed is nothing stellar. A fast boba to ability block DT from dispelling, a fast Chirrut will throw tenacity up, the it's still game over. Now once both Krennic and DT are zeta'd it gets tougher. But the Zaul, Palps, Speed Boba and Chaze team will still be able to negate DT and Krennic with Daze and shock.

I for one am glad. This isn't replacing the meta but adding to it. Battles are going to become more strategic.

So whoever has the faster Boba wins? Vader L, Boba, Palp, Deathtrooper, Krennic
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    MoBlaq wrote: »
    First of all, their speed is nothing stellar. A fast boba to ability block DT from dispelling, a fast Chirrut will throw tenacity up, the it's still game over. Now once both Krennic and DT are zeta'd it gets tougher. But the Zaul, Palps, Speed Boba and Chaze team will still be able to negate DT and Krennic with Daze and shock.

So whoever has the faster Boba wins? Vader L, Boba, Palp, Deathtrooper, Krennic

I mean, if you want the fastest possible boba you'd want a Lando lead for the scoundrel +15 speed.
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    I think Deathtroopers basic alone can take care of them, also tenacity isn't going to help if ability block can be inflicted through it and they both can remove or nullify tenacity, not to mention Krennic and Deathtrooper both gain large crit damage buffs from rebel enemies

Death Trooper can't take care of them if he's dead. Which is why they need Shore. Although adding in these two to the Empire possibilities makes it a little more difficult for rebels to pick who to take out first. If they take out DT, EP will still shock and stun them into misery. If they take out EP first, DT and Krennic can really put a stop to their tactics. If Shore is present and they don't have a fast enough dispel, then EP and DT and Krennic will ruin rebels easily. Especially Wiggs.

Krennic can revive Deathtrooper pretty easily, Shoretrooper would be a nice bonus though
  • Does this make Tarkin a viable lead with his speed boost, debuffs and AOE?
  • Hoping empire teams will chase chaze out of the game. Any window licker can get to #1 with that ridiculous combo.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

Krennic can revive Deathtrooper pretty easily, Shoretrooper would be a nice bonus though

Yes, but if Shore isn't there you can take out DT and then Krennic pretty easily. Krennic has lowish health, and the rebels will still be faster than him.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Tenacity down can be applied thru tenacity up. So if Boba ability blocks both krennic and Dt. If Baze is taunting krennic will Inflict tenacity down and Dt will apply daze followed by stun. That will hurt Baze very much.

I can see a Rex coming back, along with Chaze and Wiggs.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

You won't really need Rex of you have GK and Chirrut
  • MBL_66 wrote: »

You won't really need Rex of you have GK and Chirrut

Ahh! Good call. Cleanse from GK. Just have to get the Tenacity Up to keep before Zader or Zidious goes.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Vertigo wrote: »

Yes, but if Shore isn't there you can take out DT and then Krennic pretty easily. Krennic has lowish health, and the rebels will still be faster than him.

I'm not saying shoretrooper wont be there, but even without him a zeta Deathtrooper will keep Krennic from being critically hit and gain on average 50% turn meter whenever he is damaged just to heal him for 20%
  • Is it just me or does Deathtrooper just seem like a better version of Echo?
  • scuba wrote: »

Rex as a leader has been back ever since Zeta Vader leads started showing up, at least on my server
  • Taco wrote: »
    Tuskens can beat that

Urrorororoororororor>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rancor>>>>>cup>>ugnaught>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DT+Krennic
  • Allenb60 wrote: »

Rex as a leader has been back ever since Zeta Vader leads started showing up, at least on my server

Interesting. The speed zEmpire teams still will rock Rex's world. I attempted him but couldn't get him faster than super speed Bobas and TFPs. I fixed that with this setup:

https://youtu.be/miqV9dzEgjw
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Allenb60 wrote: »

Interesting. The speed zEmpire teams still will rock Rex's world. I attempted him but couldn't get him faster than super speed Bobas and TFPs. I fixed that with this setup:

Well as a leader you can give him extra turn meter by having your tank get crit, I don't know though I'm not that high on the leaderboards...
  • I see krennics lead ability with a very fast tie pilot being a huge problem.
  • Taco wrote: »
    Tuskens can beat that

Urrorororoororororor>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rancor>>>>>cup>>ugnaught>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DT+Krennic

you spelled the first name wrong :wink:
  • STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    Tuskens can beat that

you spelled the first name wrong :wink:

You, sir, get my ' wins the internet ' vote.