Advice On My End-Game PvP Lineup Considerations?

LSkywalkerr
105 posts Member
edited February 2016
Ive been playing for roughly 2 weeks. Mid-pay player. Really enjoy the game alot. Lifelong Star Wars fan. Saw VII 3 times and opening night. Lovin it. Got a star wars kick going and stumbled across this game. Took off awhile from PvP in general after runnin a couple years of magnus Ignis with RKG (Raid Kings Guild). Good times. Good people. Spend a little money, have a lotta fun. Lol Anyway, loving playing this game, finding the forums/community to be pretty positive and informative and constructive, figured out a lot of the game processes experientially in game and through studying the forums, and am at this point considering/finalizing and in the process of aquiring my end-game (for now lol) PvP team. I'm thinkin
Lumi
Poe
Phasma
Sid
and Hk.
Phasma or Sid as lead.
Not quite sure if it's a sound or viable concept or strategy but im thinking Poe's taunt, Phasma's march, and 3 AOE's w/debuffs and healing (Lumi)...Poe and Phasma to get the jump and 3 AOE's to blow it up. Again I don't know for certain if thats a viable PvP team make-up strategy. I've invested a little and fortunately ive learned general total game strategy quickly enough to top 5 and complete GW daily, but I understand that I'm still limited in experience and understanding having only played for a couple weeks. All that being said I'd appreciate anyone's experienced opinion and perspective of that team make-up in general for longterm PvP. Good bad? Weak strong? Compatible? Alternative toons? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you
Post edited by LSkywalkerr on

Replies

• Short version, all of those are good heroes, not sure they have a lot of synergies, but good pieces

For arena I assume you are going with Lum, Phas or Sid at leader,

Sid is a great generic leader especially for those characters that get benefits from crit

Lum is better with Jedi which you don't have any and Phas with first order, again you don't have any of them

Poe is one of the best tanks

Hk is good, but I've only heard of him being used in a droid team

With Phas, you might want to add FO tie or Kylo

With Lum, pick up some Jedi

Just some thoughts, but at the end of the day pick who you like and I'm sure other will have better advice
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Thanks, I appreciate you takin the time to read and respond.
  • I would definitely replace HK-47 for Geonosian Soldier, Dooku, or another good attacker. HK-47 is only useful for his leader ability that buffs up critical hit percentage for other droids.
  • Yeah with HK I was just thinking of him as a 3rd AOE piece. A poe taunt, phasma speed up, and 3 AOE with healing(Lumi) generic concept. But whether it was potentially replacing him with another better suited AOE toon or a different single attacker type he was the one I was most uncertain of out of the 5 as far as if there were a better alternative to add to Sid, Phasma, Poe, and Lumi. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it
  • Slightly longer version

If you are looking for good synergies, check out what a first order team would look like

Phas at leader .. Double chance for all first order heroes to get a follow up attack from another hero. Also can give all heroes advantage.

Finish team with, Kyle, FO tie pilot, FO officer and FO storm trooper

Advantage makes all other first order characters (except maybe Kyle) better. If you check out their individual stats, you will see they get bonuses if they have advantage buff.

Now you might want need to replace one of them with a healer (maybe lum or daka) and you could always put in Sid or Dooku.

There are plenty of other synergistic teams, but that is one of the best, though the default team lacks a healer
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • finding the forums/community to be pretty positive and informative and constructive

Lol, that's a good one.

With regards to your question though, I agree with what has been said about HK. I wouldn't use him unless running droids. I'd suggest one of the high damage dealers, be it GS, FOTP, Rey, etc.

I personally am working at Sid, Lumi, Poe, GS, Poggle.
  • Thanks again. I genuinely appreciate you taking the time to share your insights. Informative and appreciated. I'll stop thanking everyone lol cause I don't wanna spam the thread but I'd welcome as many insights and opinions in regards to that team makeup or 1 or 2 toon alternatives/replacements from anyone else that would post. Thanks again to everyone involved and hopefully some others will benefit informationally from the thread as well.
  • LSkywalkerr
    105 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    After taking everyone's advice into account, and having a few more days experience under my belt since I originally posted, ive decided I'm staying with

Phasma
    Sid
    Poe

Going with IG-88 instead of HK.
    Going with GS instead of Lumi. I know inevitably healing won't be relevant end game pvp.

Going with as my PvP team (for the time being)

Phasma
    Sid
    GS
    Poe

I like that the entire team of Phasma, GS, Poe, and 88 or Sid can all be farmed simultaneously and independently with no double dipping(outside of Sid and 88); Maximizing increase. With Poe and the aoe's and the overall general damage potential I feel as though this will be viable for high(er) level PvP. In its own respect I like that this is a viable PvP team that is also an entirely farmable f2p acquirable team. A farmable team that both a f2p player can have and a p2p player like myself can have and have max'd a little quicker. In the interest of full disclosure I'll add...I've been playing for 2 weeks now, and through in game experience, and studying info, opinions, and concepts in the forum, ive fortunately been able to learn and understand game mechanics and develop strategy at an effective and efficient enough rate to be personally satisfied with my progress and results...but with that being said, I don't know HOW I MISSED ON GS FOR SO LONG and in my worst dreams I'll relive the portion of contina credits that I wasted on ashoka before i started on Poe lol #amateurhour

Thanks again to you guys who read and responded. I appreciate the insights and information and taking the time.
  • You mentioned using HK-47 as a 3rd AOE piece I think IG-88 would be better especially with Poe covering him.
  • Maybe farmable wasnt the most accurate word to use but you get the idea:

GS - Cantina Stage 1/1
    Phasma - GW Shipments
    Sid - Arena Shipments
    88 - Arena shipments
    Poe - Cantina shipments
  • LSkywalkerr
    105 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Definitely. That's exactly what I was thinking as well. Earlier advice in regards to HK motivated me to reanalyze and reconsider a bit which inevitably redirected me to 88 as a better aoe alternative to HK in the context of my team makeup. I agree.