So 9-B and Shoretrooper shards

Prev13
Any advise on squad make up because mines not cutting it. :/

Replies

• I have 3* with 3* baze, wedge (L), Biggs, lando and Han. All level 85 and gear XI and ackbar from ally.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I retried it 3-4 times before I could even beat it yesterday. I swear they must have made it harder, i used to always two star it. But I got three star today and this is how I did it.

Didnt use my own lando. Borrowed Lando for his lead, used my own Ackbar lead Wiggs, SThan and anakin. The speed finally let me go first which helped tremendously, although my mods are not bad which helped too.

Im sure you could use lando lead and borrow ackbar too, btw.

For clarity I used:
    Ackbar (L)
    Wedge
    Biggs
    Sthan
    Anakin
    Lando(L)
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I am in your boat. I finished all Light Side Easy Battles.

I cannot do any Light Side Hard
    I spent around 200 trying today just to perhaps beat 9-A hard and got my @$$.handed to me know matter who I allied.

I cannot do Cantina

I cannot do Dark side either Easy or Hard
  • It's pretty much the carrot on a stick in front of your face :disappointed:

Tried like 15 times with different combos, best i got was 2*...

this speed and aoe is just mockery..
  • 3* after several tries with this combo

Old Ben lead
    EE
    Biggs
    Lando
    Sthan
    Wiggs Support

Not modded very special
  • 3* after several tries with this combo

Old Ben lead
    EE
    Biggs
    Lando
    Sthan
    Wiggs Support

Not modded very special

I have tried many, many times with an Old Ben lead. No cake. Can you remember anything about his power/gear lvl?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    borrowed st han is also a viable option. Not a great leader, but he helps out in the 3rd stage and it doesn't matter if he dies.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Guys I 3 stared this thing with ease with a Ima gun Di lead Jedi squad.
    I borrowed General Kenobi which I didn't have at the moment
    IGD Lead
    Anakin
    QGJ
    Ahsoka
    Yoda
    You could make it better if you have Aayla, also old ben isn't a bad lead in 9B for his dodge and his special a
    In node 3
  • I managed fairly comfortably (once found a good combo) with

JKA (lead)
    Aayla
    Ahsoka
    Fives
    Fisto
    IGD (ally)

Found the heavy counter team worked well with Aayla stuns.

Lots using rebels too. I guess depends on your own squad strengths. Apols if obvious, but ally can die and still get you 3 stars.
  • Wedge Antilles as lead
    Luke Skywalker
    Clone War Chewbacca
    Luminara
    Stormtrooper Han

Now completely mod them all.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Wedge Antilles as lead
    Luke Skywalker
    Clone War Chewbacca
    Luminara
    Stormtrooper Han

Now completely mod them all.

I can't tell if this is serious. If so, god rest your soul.

In all seriousness I almost 3* it with Wiggs, Lando, STH, Ani, GK and then actually 3* it next try with OB in place of GK.
  • Did All LS node 3* with :
    Wedge(L) Biggs Hansolo HanST Lando
    Ally : ackbar

Wiggs & solo G10, hanST lando G11
    Biggs had 195 speed (so 240 with Wedge). Wedge was at around 175. Hansolo 200 & HanST 170

Hansolo is the key : each round a guy is stuned. Then Biggs one shot 1 guy.
    It's a race to speed and dps. You need to kill as many guys as possible before they play.

All node 3* first try but the 2nd one. With a bit of rng did it after 3-4 attempts.

Never use HanST taunt until final round. It's use is just to give a TM boost for final blow.
  • I tried so many comps and this one crushed it:

Borrowed IGD
    General Kenobi lead
    Jka
    aayla
    5's
    QGJ
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member

1. Wedge(L), Lando, Biggs, Han, STH borrow an OB, Pray to RNGesus. Stun Embo etc.

2. OP, More effective/easy mode: zQGJ(L), zBarris, Yoda, Anikin, Alaya, Borrow OB (you can switch OB, and zQGJ if you can borrow one). If you know someone with GK that's even better.

I have not beat it yet (even at 1*), but this is what I've been told works.
  • I tried so many comps and this one crushed it:

Borrowed IGD
    General Kenobi lead
    Jka
    aayla
    5's
    QGJ

Can I borrow your Gen Kenobi? 422-455-727
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    OB support helped me get to 2*...
  • I spent around 200 trying today just to perhaps beat 9-A hard and got my @$$.handed to me know matter who I allied.

Just wait, there is still a huge difficulty jump between 9A and 9B. I think I'm in the majority when I say that I can 3* 9A pretty easily and have no chance at all at beating 9B. My main team is Gear 10-11 rebels, but without raid Han, they stand zero chance. My guild just completed our first Heroic rancor last sunday, so It'll be a while before I can even try again.
    I'm also missing JKA, Aayla, Old Ben, IGD, and GK, so all the other strategies (stuns or counters) are not gonna be possible for several months. It's basically like starting the game over from scratch just to beat this one node.
  • I 2* it before they added ST, now I can't even complete 9B so show me someone who says it's not changed difficulty and I'll show you a liar cos it was never like this previously
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

HGF69 wrote: »
    I 2* it before they added ST, now I can't even complete 9B so show me someone who says it's not changed difficulty and I'll show you a liar cos it was never like this previously

it got more difficult because of the boba rework. I'm trying to figure out who you mean with "ST", but i'm drawing a blank.
  • @leef ST= Shoretrooper. The main reason we're all talking about 9B now is because you need to 3* it to farm ST shards
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    @leef ST= Shoretrooper. The main reason we're all talking about 9B now is because you need to 3* it to farm ST shards

aah, i see. Well, it's not because they added shore to that node, it got more difficult way before they added shore.
  • It's impossible !!! I was happier than anyone when I saw he's farmable by a hard node. But never more disappointed when I realised which one it was. I have 1* it but can't do any better so so sad
  • CoReTeX wrote: »
    It's pretty much the carrot on a stick in front of your face :disappointed:

Tried like 15 times with different combos, best i got was 2*...

this speed and aoe is just mockery..

Yeah like after the first encounter all my team has nearly no protection. They are way too fast
  • I ran Wedge (L), Biggs, Lando, ST Han, OG Han. Was trying to find a maxed out Old Ben to borrow, but didn't have luck. Finally tried with G11 AA (hoping speed boost might help). between that and some favorable RNG I managed to somehow barely survive at 3*. My 5 are all G10/11. Failed about 6 times previously. Think the name of the game is speed + love from RNGeezus - unless you have access to the geared up R1 toons. My GM blew through it with Wiggs, Chaze, and Jyn... he said it was super easy with that crew.
  • I am in your boat. I finished all Light Side Easy Battles.

I cannot do any Light Side Hard
    I spent around 200 trying today just to perhaps beat 9-A hard and got my @$$.handed to me know matter who I allied.

I cannot do Cantina

I cannot do Dark side either Easy or Hard

Same for me, except I did dark side easy nodes, though not all 3*. So much wasted energy trying especially cantina for me as I want to be able to farm those omegas!
  • I actually 3* it earlier in the day before it became ST node. Main thing that helped was borrowing an Obi Wan and then used standard set of Rebels.
  • Nobody runs OB anymore
  • Managed to 3* it this morning! Used: zqgj(l), ayala, jka, yoda and ahsoka and then I borrowed old ben.

I managed to get to tier 3 unscathed, but thats how it usually went on my previous attempts, till all hell broke lose on tier 3. This time though they killed ben first! Not only was this great cause you can still 3* if your borrowed toon dies, BUT, this kicked in ben's "if you strike me down" buff which **** near made my guys into demi gods. From there I mowed everyone down and now I'm farming shards. Epic start to a day...game on
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Wedge lead, Biggs, Lando, Anakin, Kenobi and borrowed Old Ben
    got 3* on my first try with only Lando in the yellow
    Kenobi can be replaced with Aayla, 5s, Baze, etc
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • I can't believe how difficult this is. I tried about 5 times last night and the best I did was kill one toon in phase 3. I burned right through the first 2 but it seems they have just a ridiculous amount of health and are unbeatable.I really want a maxed baze. I think if I could get that it would work.