So 9-B and Shoretrooper shards

Replies

• Could use a strong zqgj or gen kenobi. I have g11- ani, aayla, 5s and qgj and g10- ahsoka and yoda

Think if I could get some help from some maxed top end Jedi I could get the final star.

Appreciate the temporary ally spot anyone could spare please

537-539-278

Thank you!
  • I can't believe how difficult this is. I tried about 5 times last night and the best I did was kill one toon in phase 3. I burned right through the first 2 but it seems they have just a ridiculous amount of health and are unbeatable.I really want a maxed baze. I think if I could get that it would work.

Yeah, Baze is great for this if you can get lucky and have 1 or 2 of the guys in the first phase do their single target instead of their AoE... but like a lot of strats on this node that still comes down to RNG.

I'm getting really close with Wedge lead, Biggs, Baze, Chirrut (3*), StHan, and a borrowed Lando. Twice now I've had one guy go down on the turn right before I finished the fight, but it seems like this team can do it.
  • I actually did it with Wiggs, Chaze and Lando borrowing Rex. With all the AOEs, Rex gives tons of TM which lets Biggs hit his assist and Lando hit his AOE. Also important is Baze's slow.
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    oc50hWu.png
    Yes it is zeta bariss but zeta is not really needed as the enemy rarely crits at least for me they didn't
  • LordStyling
    1461 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Could use a strong zqgj or gen kenobi. I have g11- ani, aayla, 5s and qgj and g10- ahsoka and yoda

Think if I could get some help from some maxed top end Jedi I could get the final star.

Appreciate the temporary ally spot anyone could spare please

537-539-278

Thank you!

I tried so many comps and this one crushed it:

Borrowed IGD
    General Kenobi lead
    Jka
    aayla
    5's
    QGJ

Can I borrow your Gen Kenobi? 422-455-727

edit

sorry just received way too many requests so taking my ally code down.

sorry everyone.
    Post edited by LordStyling on
  • im sadly not even to 9 hard mode yet. still working on a viable lightside team. can't wait to start farming shore trooper. would have loved him in cantina battles.
  • added, thanks Boss!
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    VemAS1f.png
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    I sent a request too LordStyling. See if I can get that 3* with GK :)
  • So, what's the kill order? I assume Boba first? And then?
  • UltimaRatio84
    124 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Try Han Solo if you have him geared, works like a charm, buys enough time on the final phase
  • I have found the Table 9 Hard Battles and Table 8 Cantina Battles to be hard enough to finish let alone finish with all allies intact. I'm presently focused on Empire, but I'll switch to boosting Rebels again to try to get through 9-B for Shoretrooper.
  • Its silly how easy I got through 9-A and then how hard this is. I guess ill just keep my Shore at 4*'s.
  • Anyone know what the speed is on the first set is? Trying to move before they have a go.
  • I can't believe how difficult this is. I tried about 5 times last night and the best I did was kill one toon in phase 3. I burned right through the first 2 but it seems they have just a ridiculous amount of health and are unbeatable.I really want a maxed baze. I think if I could get that it would work.

I thought the same thing and got one of my whale guild allies to lend me his baze but they AOE every attack. You need your whole team to be top notch
  • This is the most frustrating node ever. What team can withstand the aoe parade? I have had matches where they AOE 3x before I get a turn, and 2 of my guys are already dead out the gate.
    What's pathetic is that these missions opened at level 81. I can't beat them, yet I crushed the cantina battles and the DS nodes that opened at 85.
  • Best ive done is Cody lead, all clones, all lvl 10 or 11 gear... General Kenobi ally, managed to kill all but 2 on last phase....

This is tough.
    I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...
  • Finally did it after 5 tries, did it with Lando (L) + Wiggs + QGJ + STH, borrowed a maxed AA. I think it was more RNG than anything, got no AOE hit in first round, finished 2nd round quickly with Lando's double-rain from AA boost and got to 3rd round with team fairly intact. Wiggs were G10 and others were G11.

In previously failed attempts I've tried Leia instead of QGJ, and SRP instead of STH, and Wedge lead instead of Lando.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Don't know what to say, my allies only seem to have Luminaras and Barrisses (not strong) available. A few Codys and a QGJ with a zeta who I've seen only once. I'm almost willing to try with a 6500 power obi1, hoping he stays alive until Embo. But just almost... now I'm simply frustrated.

Got unlucky with QGJ, Wedge was killed in phase 1 before I could even move. Not sure Lando lead would have helped there. That's just... well, fun. Just like the rest of the game.

Edit: ..and my Rebels are glvl 11 (Wiggs, Lando, StHan, used Anakin as 5th who is also glvl 11)
  • I'm in the same boat Peeps. I've tried Anakin (L) and w/ Wiggs, ST. Han, Lando, and Akbar. Got beat at the last second again....:/

Tried Clone heavy team hoping for turn meter reduction Anakin (L), Rex, 5's, Echo, St. Han and Lando...same poo...;/

Tried Jedi/Rebel team, Anakin (L), Obi, Wiggs, Lando and ST. Han...same poo

Regardless I'm not spending anymore $$ or resources on 9-B. My ShoreTrooper is 4* maxed gear anyways...screw spending $$$ on that...LOL
  • scuba wrote: »
    oc50hWu.png
    Yes it is zeta bariss but zeta is not really needed as the enemy rarely crits at least for me they didn't
    *sigh* I don't have four of those characters yet. Woe is me.
    scuba wrote: »
    VemAS1f.png
    *double sigh*

Well done, scuba
  • Funny part is, people who have 3*'ed 9-B Light Hard Node easily, most probably already has 7* Shoretrooper, most of them if not all.
    And people who actually need to farm the Node is the ones that can not 3* it, let alone finish it to start with.

This idea either came from someone that has no idea about the fight, or it is the most Troll move I've seen for quite sometime.

I finished whole Dark Side Hard nodes 3* and Cantina nodes with my eyes closed, some of them even on auto-attack. And I am no-where near completing this Fight. I am in a Guild with lots of low level people to help them (old friends), so don't have many high level / good character Allies either. Not a single Old Ben nor GK.

So what should I do? Farm and gear a Counter Jedi Team from scratch (Ima-Aayla-Fisto) just to be able to farm 1 Shoretrooper card a day? (on average)
    Or pay thousands of crystals to get more Speed mods in hopes that maybe my Rebel team might attack first on first round, again to be able to farm 1 Shoretrooper card a day?

I really don't like people wanting more when they are given something, but this time it really feels more like a curse than a gift. (On my Arena I know a few whales that will most likely take advantage of this, while as usual F2P player me cant.)
  • Tharivol wrote: »
    Funny part is, people who have 3*'ed 9-B Light Hard Node easily, most probably already has 7* Shoretrooper, most of them if not all.
    And people who actually need to farm the Node is the ones that can not 3* it, let alone finish it to start with.

This idea either came from someone that has no idea about the fight, or it is the most Troll move I've seen for quite sometime.

I finished whole Dark Side Hard nodes 3* and Cantina nodes with my eyes closed, some of them even on auto-attack. And I am no-where near completing this Fight. I am in a Guild with lots of low level people to help them (old friends), so don't have many high level / good character Allies either. Not a single Old Ben nor GK.

So what should I do? Farm and gear a Counter Jedi Team from scratch (Ima-Aayla-Fisto) just to be able to farm 1 Shoretrooper card a day? (on average)
    Or pay thousands of crystals to get more Speed mods in hopes that maybe my Rebel team might attack first on first round, again to be able to farm 1 Shoretrooper card a day?

I really don't like people wanting more when they are given something, but this time it really feels more like a curse than a gift. (On my Arena I know a few whales that will most likely take advantage of this, while as usual F2P player me cant.)

You know what they say about assuming? I'm not sure, but you're assumption is still wrong. There are a ton of people who still need a 7* Shoretrooper since he was viable for arena even at 3*. I'm included in that and recently 3*d the node, I only have him at 4* and looking at a long farm to get him 7*. Refreshing the node once a day is more efficient then buying his shards from shipments.

I'd suggest farming a team for P1 of AAT Tank as that team along with borrowing a character will allow you to 3* it eventually.

Also, it's not for whales exclusively, it's for long-term players too (as it should be). Many FTP people will be able to 3* it, just not the people who are relatively new.

• I went from barely able to finish to comfortably 3* due to godly stuns. Super duper fast Biggs is key, Aayla is bae.
    Wedge (L), Biggs, Aayla, Han Solo, ST Han, Lando (L)
    Just gotta make sure Han doesn't get resisted once and him and Aayla stun 2 of the final wave before they get to move.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • I managed to pull it off borrowing somone's geared Old Ben (10k+ power).

Wiggs lead (G10), Lando (G11), Chaze (3* Chirrut, 5* Baze) for my team.

Dodge RNG is still relevant, I guess. Landing OB ability block and offense down on Node 3 was pretty huge too. Main problem I had was getting Chirrut HoTs rolling enough to keep him from getting instagibbed by all the AoE flying around.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Forget three stars. I can't complete it with one star.
  • Tharivol wrote: »
    Funny part is, people who have 3*'ed 9-B Light Hard Node easily, most probably already has 7* Shoretrooper, most of them if not all.

You know what they say about assuming? I'm not sure, but you're assumption is still wrong. There are a ton of people who still need a 7* Shoretrooper since he was viable for arena even at 3*. I'm included in that and recently 3*d the node, I only have him at 4* and looking at a long farm to get him 7*. Refreshing the node once a day is more efficient then buying his shards from shipments.

I'd suggest farming a team for P1 of AAT Tank as that team along with borrowing a character will allow you to 3* it eventually.

Also, it's not for whales exclusively, it's for long-term players too (as it should be). Many FTP people will be able to 3* it, just not the people who are relatively new.

Well about: "most people that can 3* it probably already has it 7*" Yes you are right, it is maybe not a true assumption, but you must admit it is not very far either. Nonetheless if it was a very hard Cantina Battle, and Reward is to farm Shoretrooper from a Cantina Node as a reward, I would totally understand the motive behind it.
    But do you really think it is the best move to place "Average 1 Shoretrooper Card" (Without refreshes) reward to the single hardest battle in the game? By far the hardest Battle in all Light-Dark side Hard and Cantina nodes?

Without even trying 3*'ed all Dark Side Hard nodes and Cantina nodes (and rest of the Light Side hard battles), and cant even get close to finishing this one, let alone 3*'ing it.
  • For some reason, this Shoretrooper
    Tharivol wrote: »
    Tharivol wrote: »

Well about: "most people that can 3* it probably already has it 7*" Yes you are right, it is maybe not a true assumption, but you must admit it is not very far either. Nonetheless if it was a very hard Cantina Battle, and Reward is to farm Shoretrooper from a Cantina Node as a reward, I would totally understand the motive behind it.
    But do you really think it is the best move to place "Average 1 Shoretrooper Card" (Without refreshes) reward to the single hardest battle in the game? By far the hardest Battle in all Light-Dark side Hard and Cantina nodes?

Without even trying 3*'ed all Dark Side Hard nodes and Cantina nodes (and rest of the Light Side hard battles), and cant even get close to finishing this one, let alone 3*'ing it.

Making it available will let a ton of people unlock him and/or get him to 4* which is useful in arena. So I call that a win regardless that's it's only a hard node.

You also have to look at it at all the people how bought chromiums, competed in the auction (I mean crystal tournament), and have been buying shards with crystals. It'd be a **** move to suddenly make him easily farmable so soon. Eventually, I'd bet he'll show up in fleet shipments.

Personally, I thought it was a lot of fun trying to 3* it. I'll admit it was a hate/love relationship with it though. Glad I'm done.

• You also have to look at it at all the people how bought chromiums, competed in the auction (I mean crystal tournament), and have been buying shards with crystals. It'd be a **** move to suddenly make him easily farmable so soon. Eventually, I'd bet he'll show up in fleet shipments.

Hmm that's a good point of view too yeah. I was about to start buying him from shipments, just waited to hoard some crystal first, if I had bought and this came just after that, it would felt bad. But I still can't get over the fact that, why, oh why is this node has to be this hard :)
  • Just so you know the cost of a ST shard in the shop is 80 crystals. The average cost on that shard is still 50 crystal if you only use the 50/50 refreshes. If you use a 100 the average cost goes to 67 and if you use 50/50/100/100 it's 75. Just so tall know