Shoretrooper: 9B

Prev13
I just have to ask, to make sure I got this straight. Keep in mind, this isn't a complaint, really. Having a character potentially farmable anywhere is better than nowhere, but...

We thought Light side 9B was the place to put Shoretrooper? I guess it gives people a reason to try to beat it now, but... in order to farm shoretrooper shards, we need to have a team powerful enough so that shoretrooper is not necessary. Was that the intent?

Replies

• Yes. And also to make you spend crystals on the node because 20 energy per battle just makes me

tumblr_mylk8vMAdc1sfzi3bo1_400.gif
  • Dretzle wrote: »
    I just have to ask, to make sure I got this straight. Keep in mind, this isn't a complaint, really. Having a character potentially farmable anywhere is better than nowhere, but...

We thought Light side 9B was the place to put Shoretrooper? I guess it gives people a reason to try to beat it now, but... in order to farm shoretrooper shards, we need to have a team powerful enough so that shoretrooper is not necessary. Was that the intent?

If you have a rebel team, which you most likely do because of EP and the AAT raid, Wiggs with Wedge lead, and a borrowed Lando (or vice versa), can wreck this node. Raid Han helps a lot, but most newer players probably don't have him yet.
  • Meerava wrote: »
    If you have a rebel team, which you most likely do because of EP and the AAT raid, Wiggs with Wedge lead, and a borrowed Lando (or vice versa), can wreck this node. Raid Han helps a lot, but most newer players probably don't have him yet.

I've got extremely strong Wiggs and Raid Han at gear 10, 7*. I get obliterated at that last node, if not earlier. You really need something like a zeta QGJ with good Jedi team. Or I don't know, maybe Chaze. Which again begs the question, why would I want Shoretrooper if I have one of these teams?

• Meerava wrote: »

I have successfully gotten my a** handed to me about thirty times in the last day using this exact strategy. I've got all g10/g11 Wedge and Lando (borrow one, lead other), Biggs, both Hans, and then either QGJ or JKA. Closest I got was getting down to two guys at the end with almost no health, and then the game kindly had them dodge three straight attacks before AOE-ing the heck out of me. Haven't gotten close otherwise, usually lose a toon on stage 2.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Both rebels and Jedi can 3* it so it is not like you need characters that will only be used on that node.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Dretzle wrote: »
    Meerava wrote: »

I've got extremely strong Wiggs and Raid Han at gear 10, 7*. I get obliterated at that last node, if not earlier. You really need something like a zeta QGJ with good Jedi team. Or I don't know, maybe Chaze. Which again begs the question, why would I want Shoretrooper if I have one of these teams?

shore is in my arena team and i've 3starred the node without zeta's or baze. So i can beat the node, yet i still want to farm shore. 25/30 currently.
    3 starred it with: wedge lead, biggs, ani, aayla, ahsoka and borrowed st han.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I got lucky and got 3* with Wiggs lead, StH, SRP, HRS with borrowed Lando. Take out AOE guys first and leave Boba last. Everyone 7* gear 9/11 and probably all lvl 85, but I can't remember exactly.

This was also before Boba got reworked though...
  • Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I attempted this node about 8 times yesterday. I was able to 1-star it 2x and finally 3-starred it using:

Wedge Lead (G11), Biggs (G10), Lando (G11), Aayla (G11), STH (G10), and borrowed an Old Ben (G10).

I saved Taunt and Jedi Mind tricks for P3 and got exceptionally fortunate with Lando's double down. I also had 2 of the 3 mobs in the first "phase" single target attack. It will take luck, it will take a lot of energy, but it can be done.
  • Just got it, finally, with g11 Wedge (borrowed) g11 Lando (lead), g10 Biggs, g11 STH, g10 Rebel Han, and g11 QGJ, total AP over 51,000.

In short, stunned saboteur (stage 1), IG-86 (stage 2), and Embo (stage 3), used Wedge's AoE in stage 1 so it was available again before the end, focused Boba after stunning Embo, and got super lucky with rng (same as @Tannjam, only one enemy in stage 1 used AoE attack).

Glad I never have to do that again.
  • leef wrote: »
    shore is in my arena team and i've 3starred the node without zeta's or baze. So i can beat the node, yet i still want to farm shore. 25/30 currently.

I suppose if he's in your arena team, but you might want to consider using the team you used to beat this as your arena team, instead of shoretrooper. ;) I chew threw shoretrooper teams daily, without any tricks to make him lose his taunt, and I can't imagine wasting the energy to not only try to beat this once, but then try to collect shoretrooper shards.

• Wedge L, Biggs, ST Han, Lando, EE and borrowed Ackbar all at G10 or G11 with decent mods can 3* this pretty easy.
  • Great_Hippo
    104 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I've thrown down a half dozen or so attempts myself. The team I get the closest with is Wedge g10 (L), Biggs g10, Lando g11, QGJ g11, JKA g10. I can still only kill about half of round 3 before getting destroyed.

But that's so far from a 3* I'd have to subject myself to that over and over again in order to farm. That's not exactly the most fun sounding thing in the world.

So really, what I'm hearing is that EVERYONE has to be g11 AND you need to get ****.ly lucky as well?
  • As always - gear and mod your team up. Well modded and something that stinks of a synergy and you can get through just abotu anything.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Borrow a zeta QGJ.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    My g10/11 Rebel team can't even get one star. Excessive AoE wipes them out.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Dretzle wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

I suppose if he's in your arena team, but you might want to consider using the team you used to beat this as your arena team, instead of shoretrooper. ;) I chew threw shoretrooper teams daily, without any tricks to make him lose his taunt, and I can't imagine wasting the energy to not only try to beat this once, but then try to collect shoretrooper shards.

if i could use 6 guys in arena i might have considered that ;) I actually don't use any of those guys in arena, DS is more fun (and maybe better) to play with. Palp (L), boba, TFP, shore and rex is my current arena team.
  • TemperTantrumRen
    407 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    There's a serious balance issue with this one. Scrubs shouldn't be able to use their AoE attack EVERY TURN. That's just ridiculous.

I can no longer borrow a zeta QG now, which means I need my own and then borrow OB for a chance at passing this. But my first Zeta is for Vader and my next is for Finn (I never even had QG in mind). I'm *not* scrapping my plans for this one node when it would be more efficient to buy the ShT shard shipments.
    Post edited by TemperTantrumRen on
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Rolled 3 stars easily with borrowed Kenobi, zeta barriss, QGJ, Anakin and Ahsoka.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Was surprised to 3 star in with
    Wedge 11, Biggs 10, Han 11, Baze 10, 4* Chirrut 10 + borrowed Old Ben 11
    and yes, required 6 attempts, and i lost 3 of them
  • I suppose Shoretrooper price will be adapted to 50 crystals per shard instead of 80 as he is FTP.

You could buy it from shipment.
  • I get wiped, they litterally go aoe spam every turn.

All lvl 85 Wiggs g10, Anakin g11, lando g11 and sth g11. Tried all kinds of borrowed toons and dont get anywhere ..
  • This encounter is again very dependent on RNG luck. If you're unlucky you may start with 4 enemy Saboteurs that AoE wipe your group before you even make a move. If you're lucky you only get 3 enemies, that even leave some protection on your group.

I did 3* it with Wedge lead G11, Biggs G11, STHan G10, Yoda G10 and a borrowed Ackbar G11. But it was also a very lucky try.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Flamethrow wrote: »
    I get wiped, they litterally go aoe spam every turn.

All lvl 85 Wiggs g10, Anakin g11, lando g11 and sth g11. Tried all kinds of borrowed toons and dont get anywhere ..

stuns and ability blocks are your friends. Plain damage isn't the way to go apparantly.
  • 3*d it with Wedge(L), Biggs, Lando, STHan, RaidHan, borrowed Old Ben. All G10/11 except for the RaidHan, who barely survived.

Got extremely lucky with the dodges, stuns and Landos Double down.

Took only like 30 tries... >_> Thank Rngesus i never have to do it manually again
  • Barely one star with IGD (L) g10, Anakin g11, Ashoka g10, Lumi g10, K2SO g10 and borrowed zQGJ g11. Cant imagine how to 3* it.
  • I know it's been asked, again and again, but anyone with GK and a spare slot that can hook me please... :smile:

252-792-618
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Flamethrow wrote: »
    I get wiped, they litterally go aoe spam every turn.

Jedi counter attack team. They only get to AoE once.
  • Dretzle wrote: »

Gear XI rebels worked just fine for me.
    Why would you want Shoretrooper? Well, Empire duh.
  • i kinda wonder if K2SO would be good cause if he keeps countering and applying damage down then they cant hit too hard? and maybe throw fives for speed down
  • Tharivol
    130 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Obliterated every single Hard node and Cantina battle in the game without even trying.
    Can't even get close to finishing this one, let alone 3*'ing it.

7* G11 Lando - G11 ST Han - G10 Wedge and Biggs - G10 Anakin nice mods on all of them.
    - Tried Borrowing Ackbar with my Lando lead for maximum Speed to attack first = didn't work they are still faster (Guess Wiggs needs at least +60ish speed from mods to attack first even with that setup)
    - Tried Borrowing Teebo to crowd control at least 1 enemy while killing others = got closest to finishing it but still didn't work. (And again cant imagine 3*'ing it like this)
    - Tried Borrowing a GK but that was low geared, didn't work at all.
    - Should try borrowing a geared Old Ben but got no allies with that so far.

Maybe I was extremely unlucky with RNG on every try (12-14 tries so far), since I haven't seen any single target hits from the enemy so far, everything was AoE. (Do they even single target at all, or is it a Myth?)

From what I understand you either need to go;
    - Ima (L) - Aayla - Anakin - Ahsoka - Fisto etc Counter team with borrowing a good GK or Old Ben..
    - Be extremely lucky with enemies hitting single target rather than all AoE's with your Rebel Squad
    - Or reign supreme with Zeta upgrades, Chaze teams etc..

They probably wanted to protect the whales that spent a lot to get Shoretrooper, by placing it to the unreasonably hardest node in the game - which I can understand - but for Average 1 Card / Day without refreshes, it's a little overkill tbh. (If it was a Cantina node, where It can be farmed infinitely easier, I would understand and respect the decision much more, even if it was harder than this)

Overall you get 1 card with 80 Crystal from Shipments.
    And (let's say 33% drop chance for the sake of it, rather than 30%) you get;
    1 without refreshing it.
    2 with 50 Crystal refresh. (1 Card / 50 Crystals)
    3 with 2x 50 Crystal refresh (1 Card / 50 Crystals)
    4 with 2x 50 + 100 Crystal refreshes (1 Card / 66.7 Crystals)
    5 with 2x 50 + 2x 100 Refreshes (1 Card / 75 Crystals)

Which are all better returns than the Shipment purchase, but if the team that can beat this Node is away from your reach, and you are not planning to gear those characters, and have more important stuff to do first, it's not that significant to work on this Node.

Than again, as you said, people that can "easily obliterate" this node probably doesn't have much need for the Shoretrooper cards to start with, even though it's an assumption, it's a fairly strong one.
    Post edited by Tharivol on