Do you Want Star Wars: Rebels Toons? [OP]

2Next

Replies

• TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Yes, Please!
    Really don't understand why people go out of their way to hate on Rebels. It seems like the same people jump into every Rebels thread and trash the show. It has it's flaws and it's lame episodes, but so did the CW, and I absolutely love the CW. Don't need all of em, but I'd welcome Sabine and Thrawn. Not the biggest Ezra and Kanan fan, but I'm not going to pee on someone's parade.
  • No, Never
    No! please no more rebels from the tv show
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Yes, Please!
    No! please no more rebels from the tv show

They have added none so far. What do you mean by more?

What we don't need is more kotr characters added that aren't even cannon.
  • No, Never
    No more REBELS PLEASE, There are like 30 rebels on the game right now
  • I Don't Mind Either Way
    Rebels > Prequels movies.

Why? The acting is better.
    I hope to see the Inquisitors (Sith + Empire) and a few support characters, but Jedi and Rebels in this game are already covered very well.
  • Yes, Please!
    TyloRen wrote: »
    Really don't understand why people go out of their way to hate on Rebels. It seems like the same people jump into every Rebels thread and trash the show. It has it's flaws and it's lame episodes, but so did the CW, and I absolutely love the CW. Don't need all of em, but I'd welcome Sabine and Thrawn. Not the biggest Ezra and Kanan fan, but I'm not going to pee on someone's parade.

I agree, there are a few characters I would like to see and a few that I could care less about. But I would like to see Sabine, Hera, Thrawn, and the Ghost. I think Zeb would be a good toon also. But I am not going to be upset if they add toons that I am not interested in.
  • Iceih_SWG
    301 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I Don't Mind Either Way
    I do not mind rebels, prefer not, but I really want Ahsoka from Rebels over Clone Wars.
    It does not mean that I do not like Ahsoka from Clone Wars, but I do not like the idea of a teenager at war, and especially leading squadrons and loosing men for lack of experience. As teenager she should be just aprendices and assistance for Anakin.
  • No, Never
    Iceih_SWG wrote: »
    I do not mind rebels, prefer not, but I really want Ahsoka from Rebels over Clone Wars.
    It does not mean that I do not like Ahsoka from Clone Wars, but I do not like the idea of a teenager at war, and especially leading squadrons and loosing men for lack of experience. As teenager she should be just aprendices and assistance for Anakin.

Two words: character development

Thats why I like her, her development from kid to teen and then adult. I just want her in her final phase for the game. The only thing I dislike is her being a commander of clones as teen is such a war, but I m really fond of her.
  • No, Never

Thats why I like her, her development from kid to teen and then adult. I just want her in her final phase for the game. The only thing I dislike is her being a commander of clones as teen is such a war, but I m really fond of her.

Same here, I didn't like the idea of a teenager at war getting her troopers killed either, but that's why character development exist. I mean, look at Rebels.
  • No, Never
    My no is more about wanting other toons and ships way before anything from Rebels.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Yes, Please!
    Personally i think the characters in rebels are ok it's just the animation style that annoys me. So they should be added eventually but they shouldn't have the same animation style as they do in the show
  • No, Never
    I don't personally mind the Rebels show or it's characters, I'd just prefer to see some more important characters added first. Maybe a legit Luke Skywalker and Chewbacca first? Even a C-3PO or R2-D2 character. (I know they don't actually have fighting ability but either does Ugnaut).
  • Taco
    446 posts Member
    No, Never
    Maljr1980 wrote: »
    No! This will make a lot of people quit the game. It is garbage, the only cool thing is Ahsoka white light sabers and she might join the dark side because she was at the sith temple and Darth maul is still cool. We already have those two in the game and that is all we need. Ezra is complete trash and should be killed off at the end of this season and the series cancelled, with maul and Ahsoka are both sith and get married and leave the galaxy on their honeymoon to go terrorize another galaxy thus explaining their absence in the original trilogy and sequel trilogy.

This
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    No, Never
    Skuddy wrote: »
    Rebels is awesome. I don't understand the hate. You all need to realize it's a kids show. It's supposed to appeal to kids and tweens. In its own right it's great. The current episodes with the Mando story arc, and the development of maul and upcoming tattooine arc are incredible. If you judged this show before and didn't see the second season or this season I SERIOUSLY recommend it. 100%

I've legit tried to watch this series, on multiple occasions... i guess it's because i am an old-timer who grew up on the OT it's hard for me to get into the same mindset for a cartoon. Maybe i'll try watching it again, with my kid and see if i can get through an ep (actually did get through the ep. 1 season 1 but it didn't exactly fill me with the urge to tune back in.)
  • Yes, Please!
    How can anyone hate the show so much after watching season 3 of Rebels?? Season 3 is awesome! First of all, Ezra has a different look (Aladdin no more!) and the show has a darker thread and a lot more edge to it. There are some really cool background stories too, like the story of how Wedge came to become a Rebel pilot. Yes, there are plenty of flaws in the first two seasons, but so did Clone Wars! I mean those first few seasons of Clone Wars were pretty "vanilla". But those last few seasons were awesome and they turned that whole series around! I feel this is happening here in Rebels season 3... Although, the season finale of season 2 was great too!
  • Thrawn, asoka with 2 lightsabers-white the boba fet chick = yes

Ezra, his blind master or most other rebels=NoNO NO
  • Yes, Please!
    Yes please. Lots of awesome toons there. A handful of guys on this forum are just cranky.

Force Arena is showing these toons' popularity. Sabine, Kallus, and Thrawn are amongst the most coveted and popular toons there.
  • Payback187
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Yes, Please!
    Hell yes. Ghost is practically mandatory for starship battles. And a lot of these characters are too important in the Star Wars universe to be excluded.

It took me a minute to get used to the animation style after coming from clone wars, but I quickly got over it before I was even done with "spark of rebellion." I enjoy it so much more than the Clone Wars cartoon now. Better character development and progression IMO.

I love how the haters always claim that the "Overwhelming majority" do not want rebels characters.... and are losing the poll jajaja
  • But only is Sabine has her helmet on and uses the black saber and Ezra has short hair
  • No, Never
    If there is going to be more cartoon characters from shows then bring more Clones to the game! It's upsetting to see such a grand army reduced to 5 clones that are difficult to farm!
    I want Hot Hera or sexy Sabine
  • NePlusUltra_kRh
    82 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    No, Never
    Maybe if they had an altered tag so they couldn't partner with other rebels?... idk. Just too many rebels in game rn. Since practically all of the possible additions for Star Wars Rebels characters would be name-characters, and EA has a trend of making name-characters relevant, I'd say they would all be pretty good.

Maybe something like a 'pre-rebellion' tag. Just to create variation. Like flippin' chewbacca. Be honest, most don't even realize he was in ep3. Regardless...

So I guess my vote doesn't correlate with response. Figures. The poll isn't open enough to generate an accurate response.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Yes, Please!
    While i dont think we need more rebels, id like more empire and dark side characters. Especially if they have ships
  • Telorek
    26 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I Don't Mind Either Way
    I wouldn't mind seeing new characters from the show. It isn't perfect, that's for sure, but there are plenty of good qualities about it. As far as the argument about so many rebels... This is a game based on a show that starred rebels as the protagonists. In 4 out of the 7 canon movies (nearly 60%), the main characters are rebels. It's the nature of the show. Honestly, There are a ton of great Rebel characters that I'd still like to see, and would be sad if Luke Skywalker was forever held out of the game, just because there's "too many rebels".