Get your whales out of my GW!

Prev1
Facing an all level 70/7* group in GW today -Sid, QG, Poe, FOTFP, and Geno soldier. No way my level 65-66 can match this group. They kill off half of them before I can do anything. I don't mind spending a little money, but I refuse to pay to win like this guy obviously did. No way do you get all these toons 7* and level 70 without throwing out tons of cash.

EA, you better make a choice now, fix this type of matching or your whales will be the only ones left. When they get bored with easy-mode p2w they WILL move on.

Replies

• Sid-FTP
    Geo-FTP
    Poe-FTP
    QGJ-Cron only until last update
    FOTP-FTP

Not sure how that is a P2W team, but I get the frustration being mismatched.

QGJ
    Secura
    Ben
    Leia
    Maul

I saw that 7* purple mess in GW the other day. Now that is P2W my friend since all are Chron only(except QGJ now)

Key to GW is not relying on 1 team. Use fodder, use others.

I faced that exact build yesterday in my GW. It was tough with the assists and hard hits. I sent in Fodder drew out the specials and sent in my A team and took it out.
  • It's not easy being krill.
  • They are my opponents since round 5 .
    It have to do with this And have 4 teams ,7* full gear to finish gw.
  • GW is a joke u get infinite tries.

I am pretty sure i can beat any possible combo of teams with lvl70 7* maxed gear in all battles at this point with 5 characters.
  • Got 2 QGJ Leia Teams in MY GW today .. Still beat ist. Use your Head
  • Key to GW is not relying on 1 team. Use fodder, use others.

I faced that exact build yesterday in my GW. It was tough with the assists and hard hits. I sent in Fodder drew out the specials and sent in my A team and took it out.

Ok so once I start a battle in GW with fodder to let them burn their specials. After 1 round can I back out?? Then put my A team in? Or do I have to let my fodder die.

I hadn't run into this problem till just now I see my next opponent is 2 levels ahead with more stars and I decided to try and level before I went after them. But maybe I can win if I can quit and come back in...
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    BOXER wrote: »

Ok so once I start a battle in GW with fodder to let them burn their specials. After 1 round can I back out?? Then put my A team in? Or do I have to let my fodder die.

I hadn't run into this problem till just now I see my next opponent is 2 levels ahead with more stars and I decided to try and level before I went after them. But maybe I can win if I can quit and come back in...

You have to let them die.

Edit: You can also send in any number of fodder, disregard the warning the 1st time and enter again. I sometimes send in a suicide squad in to kill the most dangerous toon. If they get the job done and die, the dead toon stays dead. Never lost GW in ages. Read up the guides available on the forum. Some good tips.
  • This was the last fight. I already burned my sacrifice team on the previous tough match. And yes it is p2w. No one has all those toons at 7 stars and all level 70 without money.
  • 7* FOTP is not F2P
  • 7* FOTP is not F2P

You are crazy...FOTP is one of the fastest things I have ever farmed. His shard drops were ridiculously fast.

Not complaining, just saying. :)

• Nyteshade81
    120 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Facing:
    7* Sid lvl 67
    5* Kylo lvl 66
    4* Dooku lvl 66
    5* JC lvl 66
    6* Lumi lvl 66

All of them in epics.

My toons are:
    7* Phasma lvl 62 - 90% HP
    6* Sid lvl 61
    2* FOTP lvl 62 - 50% HP (may as well be dead, he doesn't survive opening volley)
    6* Lumi lvl 61 - 80% hp
    4* Vader lvl 61- 75% hp
    4* Daka lvl 61
    4* Dooku lvl 61
    4* Boba lvl 60
    3* FO Stormtrooper lvl 60

All at gear level 6-7

+ a handful of 55s

I have thrown every possible lineup I can think of at this team and I get completely wrecked. I've tried full yolo damage, all healer/cc, highest squad power, and even full B lineup hoping to sacrifice them in order to get one enemy down. The last tactic resulted in 3 of my guys dead during the second round of attacks.

My best attempt left me with my half health Sid vs half health Dooku and I backed out because I didn't want to risk a complete loss of my A team.

I normally finish GW without too much problem but I had a really good arena day yesterday that took me from about rank 550 to 350. My GW matches have become noticeable harder and this current one feels like a brick wall.
    Post edited by Nyteshade81 on
  • Lumi lead, Sid, dooku, phasma, Vader or dakka
    Use ur dooku to stun those 2 Jedi
    Focus Sid
    Dooku,
    Jedi
    Then ren, ren gets better as he is damaged, watch ur AOEs, daka might be better than Vader, hope on some RNG stuns. Good luck.
  • Does Dooku's counterattacks reset Ren's cooldowns?
  • Yes, whenever he is damaged he has a percentage chance to reset his cooldowns.
  • Robbathehutt
    1048 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Your easiest kill target will be Dooku or Jedi Consular. If you are concerned about the counterattacks focus on JC first. I would send in a low level team and suicide them to coax out Dooku, JC, Luminara, Sid, and Kylo's specials. This way when you bring in your main team will not have to face their best abilities.

You could also sacrifice a weaker team to take out 1 or 2 of their guys so your main team has a man or two advantage.

What Battle are you on?
  • Natok205 wrote: »
    Lumi lead, Sid, dooku, phasma, Vader or dakka
    Focus Sid
    Dooku,
    Jedi
    Then ren, ren gets better as he is damaged, watch ur AOEs, daka might be better than Vader, hope on some RNG stuns. Good luck.

I think I tried that lineup already with both Vader and Daka but I'll give it another shot.
    Start match:
    Dooku hits Daka with standard attack, bonus attack procs, one crits, Daka at half health
    I try to stun Lumi with Dooku, no dice.
    Enemy Sid attacks Daka, it crits, Daka at ~10%
    I send my Sid to enemy Sid, heal debuff resisted.
    Try to have Daka stun Lumi because she's next on turn meter and Daka's heal is on cooldown too from the last fight I used her, no dice.
    Lumi does Force Blast, it crits for 4600 (overkill like a mug), Daka dies, no rez proc.
    Have my Lumi blast Ren to attempt to block his AoE, no proc.
    Lumi gets focused down with a vengeance.
    /retreat
  • Nyteshade81
    120 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Your easiest kill target will be Dooku or Jedi Consular. If you are concerned about the counterattacks focus on JC first. I would send in a low level team and suicide them to coax out Dooku, JC, Luminara, Sid, and Kylo's specials. This way when you bring in your main team will not have to face their best abilities.

You could also sacrifice a weaker team to take out 1 or 2 of their guys so your main team has a man or two advantage.

What Battle are you on?

10th battle. I tried a weaker team but those are all toons at level 55. 3 of them die in the opening turn and the remainder are at half health so I backed out of that immediately.

I ended up trying the Lumi, Phasma, Sid, etc again and wiped with only getting Sid down. I made the mistake of thinking "Ok, his Sid's down and his Lumi is at half health. I may still salvage this even though I'm down two guys." The rest died before I got another chance to retreat.

Tried taking my remaining 60s plus 55s in hoping to etch out another win. Not a remote chance in hell of that happening.
    IqWZyvF.png?1
    HGfo8yF.png?1
  • IMO there is nothing worse than breezing through GW only to be stopped by a team that must have cost several hundred if not $1,000+. I haven't thought about this much very much at all so I haven't come up with any real downside, but what does everyone think? Also I wasn't sure where to post this. :|
  • Mace
    27 posts Member
    LOL you don't to come up against mine or the teams I know off than... $1000 is just starting money ;)
  • Natok205 wrote: »
    Lumi lead, Sid, dooku, phasma, Vader or dakka
    Focus Sid
    Dooku,
    Jedi

I think I tried that lineup already with both Vader and Daka but I'll give it another shot.
    Start match:
    Dooku hits Daka with standard attack, bonus attack procs, one crits, Daka at half health
    I try to stun Lumi with Dooku, no dice.
    Enemy Sid attacks Daka, it crits, Daka at ~10%
    I send my Sid to enemy Sid, heal debuff resisted.
    Try to have Daka stun Lumi because she's next on turn meter and Daka's heal is on cooldown too from the last fight I used her, no dice.
    Lumi does Force Blast, it crits for 4600 (overkill like a mug), Daka dies, no rez proc.
    Have my Lumi blast Ren to attempt to block his AoE, no proc.
    Lumi gets focused down with a vengeance.
    /retreat

You're starcount is on the lower end for your level and against this kind of opposition it shows.
    Much of your resources are also invested into Phasma that's not the greatest leader for the Galactic War.

If the heals are both on cooldown I would not run Daka in this match as the level difference is annoying when landing debuffs.

I would probably run Phasma (lead), Sid, Dooku, Lumi and Chewie.

Target priority is Sidious -> Lumi -> Dooku -> Kylo -> JC

Don't use any aoe, this way hopefully Kylo wont get his cooldowns back and neither his aoe or his normal attack are very scary. You should never waste an attack on Kylo before it's his time to be focused down.

You dont have any really strong damagedealers so you probably have to throw everyone at Sid the first turn to get him down and then have Chewie taunt. Don't use Lumis blast on Sid in case he dodges, save it for Dooku. Depending on how geared their Sid is, it might even be worth it to use Dooku lightning here, but it might be better saved as well.

If the health of your team is high after the first round it might be worth it to deal with Dooku now while CHewie is still taunting, especially if you can kill him before he counterattacks Luminaras Force Blast. Otherwise focus down Lumi. If Chewie is still alive by the time it's Lumis turn and her heal is up then it's probably worthwhile to heal in the hope for it to turn off cooldown at the beginning of next match.
  • I have to agree that the GW is broken since the change, at first it appeared OK, but then after winning like six out of eight, I haven't won in two weeks and my squad has gained substantial power every single day, it doesn't add up. my squad of 6-7 star, level 69 is being matched against all 7 star, even early in the GW, it's not right. If it continues in this manner I'm done with GW, there just is no point to it ATM.
    IGN: jq
  • Anyone else seeing the bug where you defeat Bobba fet and it shows him dieing but then next turn he's back lol
  • Raventrob wrote: »
    Anyone else seeing the bug where you defeat Bobba fet and it shows him dieing but then next turn he's back lol

That is his unique ability
  • OOHHHH
  • With 4 rounds to go i am faced all 7* lvl 70s. Leia...fotfp....qgj..... among them. Took 2 teams to beat them, not including the initial cannon fodder. Next round....nearly same team all 7* lvl 70s. **** ea.
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    7* FOTP is not F2P

You are crazy...FOTP is one of the fastest things I have ever farmed. His shard drops were ridiculously fast.

Not complaining, just saying. :)

Dude. I call ****. You can only farm a possible 6 shards per day and it costs 16 crystals for each try. That is 96 crystals per day all on one toon. It would take you 30 days getting 100% drops just to get 6 and 7th stars and you know that aint happening. If you have him at 7* lvl 70 no way do you have a full team of 7* around him without dishing out tons of money.
  • If those kinds of teams were my problem I'd understand what's going on, however I just played a team mainly consisting of characters 5 levels lower than what my own team was.

I lost 13 65 to 60 characters to get through that team. Literally every strike the AI made was a crit. Literally every debuff that could be applied to me was applied. I got outright *destroyed* and had my entirety of today's GW ruined for me. What bugs me the most is that I can see that even though my own Sid was higher level, better geared, higher starred he was still 10x as bad as the enemy Sid. He did 50% of the damage the enemy Sid did, missed a lot more and all that.

And it's by the first time I see this. This happens a lot. Sometimes I can get past this nonsense by sacrificing low levels to drain their AoEs and special abilities, or do 20 or so resets. Sometimes it just doesn't work.

I get it EA, you want GW to be difficult. Not every attempt should succeed. But here's the thing - you've confused difficult with frustrating. That's one of the worst design flaws there is. Furthermore, going out here and saying that the AI doesn't cheat or get buffs, when it's blatantly obvious that they do get huge damage, speed and crit/dodge bonuses is adding tons of fuel to the fire. And before you march in here and start talking about bias - don't ever use that word when trying to disagree with someone. It shows how little of any reasonable argument you're willing to listen to. Furthermore the bias you keep saying exists is easy to factually prove as false, as the statistics you can gather from playing just a 100 or so matches proves you horrendously wrong.
  • DingleTingle
    210 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Sid-FTP
    Geo-FTP
    Poe-FTP
    QGJ-Cron only until last update
    FOTP-FTP

Not sure how that is a P2W team, but I get the frustration being mismatched.

QGJ
    Secura
    Ben
    Leia
    Maul

I saw that 7* purple mess in GW the other day. Now that is P2W my friend since all are Chron only(except QGJ now)

7* of most of them are not FTP
    FOTP 6 attempts a day at one to three drops a day. Especially if you missed out on monthly rewards.
    QCJ recently added 7* highly doubtful FTP has 7*
    Geo has 3 attempts a day 7* is not FTP

I get what your saying, but given those items what FTP would be able to have them at 7* considering other factors of what characters you need to be dark/light side PvE battles.

It sucks to be out matched that badly.
    Bye Forums.
  • Just gonna say i clear GW with just one team. I don't use anyone else and i never have an issue clearing it.
    Lead is lumi 7*
    Sid 7*
    Geo solider 7*
    Qgj 5*(now was 4*)
    JC 6*
  • Arryn_Ren wrote: »
    If those kinds of teams were my problem I'd understand what's going on, however I just played a team mainly consisting of characters 5 levels lower than what my own team was.

I lost 13 65 to 60 characters to get through that team. Literally every strike the AI made was a crit. Literally every debuff that could be applied to me was applied. I got outright *destroyed* and had my entirety of today's GW ruined for me. What bugs me the most is that I can see that even though my own Sid was higher level, better geared, higher starred he was still 10x as bad as the enemy Sid. He did 50% of the damage the enemy Sid did, missed a lot more and all that.

And it's by the first time I see this. This happens a lot. Sometimes I can get past this nonsense by sacrificing low levels to drain their AoEs and special abilities, or do 20 or so resets. Sometimes it just doesn't work.

I get it EA, you want GW to be difficult. Not every attempt should succeed. But here's the thing - you've confused difficult with frustrating. That's one of the worst design flaws there is. Furthermore, going out here and saying that the AI doesn't cheat or get buffs, when it's blatantly obvious that they do get huge damage, speed and crit/dodge bonuses is adding tons of fuel to the fire. And before you march in here and start talking about bias - don't ever use that word when trying to disagree with someone. It shows how little of any reasonable argument you're willing to listen to. Furthermore the bias you keep saying exists is easy to factually prove as false, as the statistics you can gather from playing just a 100 or so matches proves you horrendously wrong.

I have to disagree, although 100 actions may not be sufficient data set it is far better than anecdotal evidence.

See I didn't mention confirmation bias
    Roger roger