Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Saraleb wrote: »
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    Saraleb wrote: »
    It doesnt matter if you win or lose... its all calculated on your top possible squad to determine if there are teams out there that fit the requisite % power

It does matter, of you go into the guild and list players by arena power you will see that it doesn't change unless you win

And you trust that guild tool lol ?
    I changed my arena team fairly recently and my arena power in guild tool didnt update for atleast 2 days even though i was unbeaten after the change....

It only changes if it goes up, like I said, highest power
  • ElWarpito
    6 posts Member
    edited January 2017
  • ElWarpito
    6 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I am f2p and i win galactic war most of the time, but sometimes i find an extremily hard nod 12 that takes me a lot of time (trying and re-trying) and i just cant lose my time that way, so just reset the GW and hope not to find a team like that again :c it would be nice If they make it a little bit easier in the last nod. My arena power is over 46 k so sometimes i find a gear 4-5 team in the last nod, but it happens 1 of 10 times.

Screenshot_20170125_105515.pngsube imagenes
  • Cop1416 wrote: »
    Cop1416 wrote: »
    Cop1416 wrote: »
    Hahaha no wrath. people have the right to enjoy it. But to minimalize the way other people feel is WRONG. Especially when (per the posts) it's the majority or players have an enormous problem playing it or winning it. I do enjoy a challenge. I enjoy GW most days. But when the teams, being placed on some days are impossible, that's wrong.

And I think anyone on here who can't conceive of an unbeatable team is either dishonest or lucky enough to have never encountered one.

My only quibble with what you've typed is that this thread shows that the majority of POSTERS are having problems with GW, not the majority of PLAYERS. It is human nature that those feeling aggrieved will be more vocal than those enjoying success, so don't forget the thousands of users who are completing GW every day but don't come on here to brag about it!

Well until u show numbers to out show the ones posting u have no argument.

Hmm. We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

If a TV company receives 100 complaints about a programme do we assume that everyone who watched it hated it?

You can make a sound judgement based on the factual numbers given. So yes.

Well, you and I have very different views on the sort of data you need to draw an informed statistical inference.

Even if every one of the 6300 posts in this thread were from a unique user having problems with GW (which is not the case), that figure is orders of magnitude smaller than the number of people who have downloaded and played the game. And it is statistically derelict to assume that the few voices we have heard will echo the feelings of the vastly larger playing population.
  • That doesn't make the complaints any less valid. I have not completed gw in 4 months.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Node 3 new characters encountered
    - Darth Tedious zeta ability Thug Life
    - Darth Grind4Gear zeta ability Struggle is Real
  • The moment I beat a GW node using my five toons with the highest power (just over 46.9k), I got an easy node 12 the next campaign and managed to consistently get them since.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • I am level 58 with one geared squad. How the hell am I supposed to beat a fully geared wiggs, aa, lumi, boba squad that is level 70? They do so much damage there is literally nothing you can do. I don't even think it would matter if I had two squads.

This is becoming daily routine now. I think the GW "algorithm" or whatever it is needs some serious tuning. Like there's nothing I can do to beat this and this happens like 75% of the time now. Earlier on, GW was challenging but still beatable. Now it's just a nightmare. At least put me fighting against teams that people of my level could actually have without pulling out their credit card and spending $2000.

• You're level 58 with one geared squad. You're not supposed to be able to complete GW 100% of the time. We've all been there... GW isn't supposed to be a cakewalk. Just keep leveling and progressing your roster and you'll be able to beat it in no time.

I'm sure you knew this, but if not. You can always retreat and swap up your team, and give it another whack.

Good luck.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Stuns, speed, tm removal is my advice
  • He has some valid complaints though... I'm at 4 months of none completion on gw. Don't even bother trying to tell me it's fine.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Kyleslater wrote: »
    He has some valid complaints though... I'm at 4 months of none completion on gw. Don't even bother trying to tell me it's fine.

And honestly, it might take a bit longer. Ive been playing since 2015 and im just now able to beat the last node (maybe 65% of the time?). For me, i use a high DPS rebel team (droids would work well too) to plow through the first 9-11 nodes, then when they get destroyed at the end, use a more strategic EP lead empire/boba team. By then, the last node usually has half a team left and i can use 1 or 2 more teams to finish it off.
  • I normally finish gw everyday, unless i use my main team first.. And then it seems to get much harder, end up with a very harsh node 12
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I go through four or five teams of level 85, 7*, G10/11 characters every day. I am finally at the point where I can finish GW once or twice a week, but it requires sacrificing 20+ maxed characters.

I am facing teams with multiple zetas and ridiculous mods that kill whole squads without losing a single character, but now and then I get lucky and squeak through with a win. I don't think you can finish until you can spare 1-2 teams for each of the tough modes. This is not designed for you to complete with a single strong team.
  • You noticed that all the toons retain their Turn meter (and cooldowns) right? You have the first 5 battles to rotate all of your (viable) toons to grant them Turn meter (and reset cooldowns) so that battle #6 becomes feasible without excessive damage / casualty. Then somewhat easier nodes 7 and 8 to reset cooldowns, a big fight on #9, cooldown on #10, the hardest fight of all on Node #11 and throw it all you have on Node #12.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • You will get there one day this game is a long grind. I was like you never finishing Gw but now after a couple months i am almost 85 and can clear Gw everyday but i fear when i do ugrade my arena team that i will have a few days where i cant beat it.
  • Mans_Yolo wrote: »
    I am level 58 with one geared squad. How the hell am I supposed to beat a fully geared wiggs, aa, lumi, boba squad that is level 70? They do so much damage there is literally nothing you can do. I don't even think it would matter if I had two squads.

This is becoming daily routine now. I think the GW "algorithm" or whatever it is needs some serious tuning. Like there's nothing I can do to beat this and this happens like 75% of the time now. Earlier on, GW was challenging but still beatable. Now it's just a nightmare. At least put me fighting against teams that people of my level could actually have without pulling out their credit card and spending $2000.

I forgot video games were supposed to be easy... I guess I imagined all of the memories of being a little kid and throwing the controller when I kept losing on Mario bros.
  • With only one full squad, it's normal that you can't complete it... Try diversifying your roster a bit and it'll get easier.
    Here's a video I made about how to complete GW every single day.

https://youtu.be/IiH5TSqmAXM
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Since one of the better starting off strategies is to only focus on a Arena team (with as much utility as possible, rebels + scoundrels tags), GW by nature will become more difficult.

I hit similar phases, where my main starting team was getting powerful enough to pull those nasty teams and I didn't have enough people to complete GW.

Then I started to form a 2nd team and things got a little easier...

Then I got Barriss and used her as leader it became a LOT easier...

Then I leveled up some more and it got harder...

Then I leveled up my top 5/arena team to 46k strength at got easy node 12... 2 team tops.

Then I got Chaze and Zarriss and have completed with one squad.

I agree Zetas can inflate the difficulty but you should be on your way to getting zetas also right?

Some other tips (not sure if in that video above).

1, Just like other parts of the game some characters are better for GW. Barriss is great as a leader imo for GW. But anyone that revives or heals should be used to keep your characters alive through all the battles. I like barriss as lead because she can AOE heal on her basic.

2. As mentioned you can use the easy battles to prime TM so they start the matches with more. This was too futzy for me but give it a try.

3. Manage your cool downs. Don't use every special just because its available. After you take care of the DPS characters use only basic attacks to prime your specials back up for the next battle. ESPECIALLY for the hard nodes 6, 9, 11, 12.

4. Keep an eye on some good B squad characters and use them early in GW and bring in some of your best characters only for 11 and 12 etc. I found using b squad only didn't help that much, mix in some A squad characters. I used Barriss (L), Wiggs, Rey and Geo Soldier for 1-9 for a LONG time. I would protect my core team (barriss and wiggs) and depending on the situation might accept a loss of a b squad member.

5. Save your tanks for the hard nodes, 6, 9, 11, 12 and only if you need them. Tanks are worth their health pool in gold for GW. Use them sparingly and ALWAYS be working on one until you have 3-5.

6. Retreat and retry! This is HUGE, if you lose someone retreat and retry. You will find if you do the exact same things you will get the same results... but if you attack someone else the AI might respond by attacking different people etc. Though if your rey wiffs, she will always wiff again unless you swap characters so use that to your advantage. This alone has won me a lot of GW. If a battle didn't go my way I would basically retreat and try attacking all the opponents one by one to see if the results were better... if not I would swap someone else in and try again.

7. If you have some lvl 1 toons... throw them in for the first round. Make the AI use their good specials, then follow with your real squad.

Post edited by Twin on
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Tanks in your arena lineup increase your gear score more thus making GW harder so this could be a reason for why it is so difficult.

I usually finish GW, although I have had more issues lately since I recently got my Jawa Engineer to 7* in my droid lineup. Sometimes I come across a team on node 6 or 9 that is like a brickwall though. GW did seem to increase in difficulty with the ships update as well. I could tell node 10 at least was no longer a cake walk like it was before.
  • This is so silly lol, i beat gw every day, i have had no problems beating it since lvl40ish wheni got barris, i have never spent money on this app and still lise maybe once a week or two, now i only use my pvp team and beat it without losing anyone and if you think rebel teams are bad then wait until you fight gen kenobi and baris zeta teams

A very important note for gw is that each node has a power at a set percentage of your strongest possiple arena team, i believe the last node is 125% your top 5 power so naturaly unless your team is great synergy you will not one team it, wouldnt be fair if a 40k team could beat a 50k team without any issues, thats why you get tm advantage and the ability to use several teams as well as retry fights

Tl.dr? If you are losing at gw every day then you suck at this game, rethink your team build/strat and you will win surprisingly easily
  • I always lose on node 12
  • I just go as far as node 9 now. That gets me some energy and 800 tokens, which is enough. It also means I don't even try those impossible 12th node teams.
  • Boba is my man for GW his bounty hunter's resolve is great because I can easily sacrifice him and know he'll come back. Just always leave someone for him to kill. Gearing him sucks but he is amazing
  • Fantastic advice to a lvl 58 player. Have you guys even read the op?

It's completely normal to struggle at your level. You most likely have a well groomed arena team and nothing else. That's the problem.

Best advice is to get a team with high damage and sustain at the same time. Ever since I got my wiggs team, that's all I need. Go for that or something like it and you should be fine.

In the long run you will have some semi decent squads to finish off any remains, or to send them in as a suicide squad.

Don't despair, it will get better.
  • I started struggling until I built up a good Wiggs team with EP. Now I walk through GW except for last two battles which I may need to rotate stunners, taunters or healers. The first 5-8 battles, I barely even take any damage. If they get through protection on one of my main guys, I'll bring in a healer to get him back to full.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Today, node 9: maxed Wedge, maxed Biggs, maxed Baze, maxed Chirrut, maxed General Kenobi. All level 85, 7*, fully modded, omega abilities.

Node 9.
  • Actually, when you're still a weakling GW "isn't fine" but when you get higher levels it really is "fine." I pass GW every day with my imperials and Rebels. And occasionally I throw in a C & D team. If you get at least 2 really good teams you'll eventually be fine. I've beaten 25 GWs now since I've leveled my imperials and Rebels.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    nite0wl29 wrote: »
    Actually, when you're still a weakling GW "isn't fine" but when you get higher levels it really is "fine." I pass GW every day with my imperials and Rebels. And occasionally I throw in a C & D team. If you get at least 2 really good teams you'll eventually be fine. I've beaten 25 GWs now since I've leveled my imperials and Rebels.

What do you do against maxed Wedge, Biggs, Baze, Chirrut, and General Kenobi on node 9? That wiped out my top 15 G10/11 characters. All my G10/11 Rebels, Imperials, clones are dead at node 9.

• It is normal to struggle at points with GW. I am level 85 and can complete daily but i have 5 squads that are capable and another 5 as junk to blow on suicide if need be. I have gone through periods as leveling up occurs where its too hard to complete. Just keep building your roster and dont stress.