Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Mans_Yolo
    171 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Fantastic advice to a lvl 58 player. Have you guys even read the op?

It's completely normal to struggle at your level. You most likely have a well groomed arena team and nothing else. That's the problem.

Best advice is to get a team with high damage and sustain at the same time. Ever since I got my wiggs team, that's all I need. Go for that or something like it and you should be fine.

In the long run you will have some semi decent squads to finish off any remains, or to send them in as a suicide squad.

Don't despair, it will get better.

Thanks. At least you read my post. I win some days, I'm sure it will be fine with multiple squads. But that's out of reach for my level if you are focusing on your arena team unless you pay a ton of money. I just wish they would tune GW for mid levels a little bit. Based on posts here, it's starting to sound like this is pretty normal to struggle.
    Mithos wrote: »
    This is so silly lol, i beat gw every day, i have had no problems beating it since lvl40ish wheni got barris, i have never spent money on this app and still lise maybe once a week or two, now i only use my pvp team and beat it without losing anyone and if you think rebel teams are bad then wait until you fight gen kenobi and baris zeta teams

A very important note for gw is that each node has a power at a set percentage of your strongest possiple arena team, i believe the last node is 125% your top 5 power so naturaly unless your team is great synergy you will not one team it, wouldnt be fair if a 40k team could beat a 50k team without any issues, thats why you get tm advantage and the ability to use several teams as well as retry fights

Tl.dr? If you are losing at gw every day then you suck at this game, rethink your team build/strat and you will win surprisingly easily

It sounds like your arena team was/is really weak which favors you for GW and makes your arena ranking poor.

Also, there's no way to get Bariss at level 40 without paying money or getting a lucky Bronzium so I am inclined not to trust your post/advice or callout that I suck.

Maljr1980 wrote: »
    Mans_Yolo wrote: »
    I am level 58 with one geared squad. How the hell am I supposed to beat a fully geared wiggs, aa, lumi, boba squad that is level 70? They do so much damage there is literally nothing you can do. I don't even think it would matter if I had two squads.

This is becoming daily routine now. I think the GW "algorithm" or whatever it is needs some serious tuning. Like there's nothing I can do to beat this and this happens like 75% of the time now. Earlier on, GW was challenging but still beatable. Now it's just a nightmare. At least put me fighting against teams that people of my level could actually have without pulling out their credit card and spending $2000.

I forgot video games were supposed to be easy... I guess I imagined all of the memories of being a little kid and throwing the controller when I kept losing on Mario bros.

Challenging and Impossible, totally different things is the point of OP. There's a certain point if your top 5 arena team is good enough early on in the mid game where you will pull such a difficult team in node 12 you can't win.

I made my post just to callout that some days are impossible for mid level players. If that's the intent, then I'll accept that. I guess it's a system just meant to **** off new players.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    There should always be something in the game thats borderline impossible. Something you can always work at regardless of your overall power. Especially when many parts of the game have gotten too easy for people
  • As I always say to these complaints, you need skill, synergy, and lots of speed from your mods.

At level 81 and FTP I use my arena team of rebels and Qui-Gon plus EP as a sixth character and that is usually enough to clear GW with maybe one or two losses on node 12. Today's GW was exceptionally hard, and I had to sacrifice a toon before node 12 and then lost the rest of my main six taking node 12 to a single toon, but that level of difficulty is quite rare.

Eventually the anti crit toons becoming more common will start giving me problems, but by then I should have my empire team nearing completion for those.
  • I built my roster against all advice: I spread too thin.
    Arena has been a challenge at first (now I'm comfortable at 10-30), gw was never a problem.

GW was becoming a problem when I decided to develop my arena team more.

Now i'm sticking to my old principle: first 3 rows of toons should be around same strength (now that is 7*, g10-11). GW is a breeze most of the days, recently back to an easy node 12.

So it's a question of priorities: GW or arena. Can't have both all of the time without paying.
  • So it's a question of priorities: GW or arena. Can't have both all of the time without paying.

I would say the opposite is true, focus on getting one really good synergy squad moving as fast as possible and it will work well in both arena and GW. I usually finish GW with six toons, and take second every day in arena without spending.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Lol. More entertainment on here than the actual game!

It is true and that is very sad. The only part of the game we can't sim is horribad. It is not fun, it is not entertaining, it is worth hundred's of pages of complaints and the developers are not interested.

I have a wide roster, but hit a stone wall in the form of Kenobi, B2, Chirrut, Baze and Barriss with zeta. Do I feel challenged? No, I do not. I feel like I've been given a chisel to help me tunnel through the wall.

I can't make a dent with any team, and any TM advantage is lost. I tried with Boba's execute, but don't seem to luck out there.
  • Unimatrix010
    483 posts Member
    edited January 2017

It's completely normal to struggle at your level. You most likely have a well groomed arena team and nothing else. That's the problem.

Best advice is to get a team with high damage and sustain at the same time. Ever since I got my wiggs team, that's all I need. Go for that or something like it and you should be fine.

In the long run you will have some semi decent squads to finish off any remains, or to send them in as a suicide squad.

Thanks. At least you read my post. I win some days, I'm sure it will be fine with multiple squads. But that's out of reach for my level if you are focusing on your arena team unless you pay a ton of money. I just wish they would tune GW for mid levels a little bit. Based on posts here, it's starting to sound like this is pretty normal to struggle.

[snip]

Oh yeah GW is giving loads of people trouble and it's always the same people chiming in and talking about skill and bleh. Just ignore those tools, lol.

The thing is, you are sub-60 so I assume you have a somewhat non-meta placeholder arena squad? We all run one at some point until we get access to the toons we need (whales excluded maybe). You might even do super good in arena, the problem is GW is a totally different scenario. In arena you need to beat 5 guys with 5 of your guys. In GW you want sustain. Healers to some extend, or massive control to avoid taking damage in the first place or superb burst damage. Or all of it.

I run Wiggs, Lando and Palpatine. 5th slot is for experimenting or lulz most of the time. I usually only need my StHan for node 12, if at all. The thing with Wiggs is, you have speed (hopefully), incredible burst damage and constant healing while dishing out all that crazy damage. Don't underestimate proper synergy like that, it does make a big difference.

Another point is that those rebels are relatively squishy at the stage I am right now (lvl 77). Fewer HP and protection lowers the squad power. So that also helps.

I run two accounts, my main account I talked about already. The second one is just one or two levels behind but runs a counter team: IGD, Aayla, Fives, Sun Fac and a flex spot. All those toons are rather tanky, that's the point of this team. This leads to having this second account run into tougher opposition than my main account - while being WAY weaker. Caps doesn't do it justice, it's WAAAAAAAY weaker.

Just to make the case for wiggs even more I guess.

In any case, I'm still not completely sure how this whole thing works. On my main account I do face up to lvl 85 opponents sometimes. But it's always rather weak pseudo-teams. Not like an 85 Wiggs team or anything, more like randomly thrown together toons. So I have no clue when it starts to be actual arena teams. Once I run into way stronger wiggs teams (never ever happened, only weak ones at node 6 who pose no threat at all) things might be different. But as it stands, GW is a cakewalk for me. I'm usually the fastest in my guild to reach 24 GW nodes when the guild activity comes around. Because I can really just faceroll through it, easy peasy.

On the mentioned second account it takes forever. And I frequently fail at node 12. So this does tell you how important synergy can be.

The additional irony is, that my main account would have a couple options if I ever needed them. I got some squads I could bring in - but I never have to.

So to sum it up, you are NOT too stupid to do it, lol. You do NOT lack skill. You are NOT simply doing it wrong.

It will get better eventually, especially if you focus on a synergy squad. Doesn't have to be wiggs btw. can be empire or droids as well. AND, sometimes the system just freaks out and gives you enemies that you won't be able to defeat unless you have wave after wave to send in. And again, this is NOT how it's supposed to be, like many argue. See the scenario involving my main account, why does this one never get challenged? Luck? Over month? Hrm....
  • Mans_Yolo wrote: »

[snip]

Oh yeah GW is giving loads of people trouble and it's always the same people chiming in and talking about skill and bleh. Just ignore those tools, lol.

The thing is, you are sub-60 so I assume you have a somewhat non-meta placeholder arena squad? We all run one at some point until we get access to the toons we need (whales excluded maybe). You might even do super good in arena, the problem is GW is a totally different scenario. In arena you need to beat 5 guys with 5 of your guys. In GW you want sustain. Healers to some extend, or massive control to avoid taking damage in the first place or superb burst damage. Or all of it.

I run Wiggs, Lando and Palpatine. 5th slot is for experimenting or lulz most of the time. I usually only need my StHan for node 12, if at all. The thing with Wiggs is, you have speed (hopefully), incredible burst damage and constant healing while dishing out all that crazy damage. Don't underestimate proper synergy like that, it does make a big difference.

Another point is that those rebels are relatively squishy at the stage I am right now (lvl 77). Fewer HP and protection lowers the squad power. So that also helps.

I run two accounts, my main account I talked about already. The second one is just one or two levels behind but runs a counter team: IGD, Aayla, Fives, Sun Fac and a flex spot. All those toons are rather tanky, that's the point of this team. This leads to having this second account run into tougher opposition than my main account - while being WAY weaker. Caps doesn't do it justice, it's WAAAAAAAY weaker.

Just to make the case for wiggs even more I guess.

In any case, I'm still not completely sure how this whole thing works. On my main account I do face up to lvl 85 opponents sometimes. But it's always rather weak pseudo-teams. Not like an 85 Wiggs team or anything, more like randomly thrown together toons. So I have no clue when it starts to be actual arena teams. Once I run into way stronger wiggs teams (never ever happened, only weak ones at node 6 who pose no threat at all) things might be different. But as it stands, GW is a cakewalk for me. I'm usually the fastest in my guild to reach 24 GW nodes when the guild activity comes around. Because I can really just faceroll through it, easy peasy.

On the mentioned second account it takes forever. And I frequently fail at node 12. So this does tell you how important synergy can be.

The additional irony is, that my main account would have a couple options if I ever needed them. I got some squads I could bring in - but I never have to.

So to sum it up, you are NOT too **** to do it, lol. You do NOT lack skill. You are NOT simply doing it wrong.

It will get better eventually, especially if you focus on a synergy squad. Doesn't have to be wiggs btw. can be empire or droids as well. AND, sometimes the system just freaks out and gives you enemies that you won't be able to defeat unless you have wave after wave to send in. And again, this is NOT how it's supposed to be, like many argue. See the scenario involving my main account, why does this one never get challenged? Luck? Over month? Hrm....

Well said. I am running droids at the moment but don't have JE or B2 yet. Need another 30 shards for JE. I'm in a 7* rancor 6* aat guild so I should have him pretty fast and then I'm guessing my GW's will start to get easier. 60ish is a weird spot for droids where my arena opponents are starting to get synergy and I don't have any yet.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    nite0wl29 wrote: »
    Actually, when you're still a weakling GW "isn't fine" but when you get higher levels it really is "fine." I pass GW every day with my imperials and Rebels. And occasionally I throw in a C & D team. If you get at least 2 really good teams you'll eventually be fine. I've beaten 25 GWs now since I've leveled my imperials and Rebels.

What do you do against maxed Wedge, Biggs, Baze, Chirrut, and General Kenobi on node 9? That wiped out my top 15 G10/11 characters. All my G10/11 Rebels, Imperials, clones are dead at node 9.

B2 and Boba. Crush it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*

This is so silly lol, i beat gw every day, i have had no problems beating it since lvl40ish wheni got barris, i have never spent money on this app and still lise maybe once a week or two, now i only use my pvp team and beat it without losing anyone and if you think rebel teams are bad then wait until you fight gen kenobi and baris zeta teams

A very important note for gw is that each node has a power at a set percentage of your strongest possiple arena team, i believe the last node is 125% your top 5 power so naturaly unless your team is great synergy you will not one team it, wouldnt be fair if a 40k team could beat a 50k team without any issues, thats why you get tm advantage and the ability to use several teams as well as retry fights

Tl.dr? If you are losing at gw every day then you suck at this game, rethink your team build/strat and you will win surprisingly easily

It sounds like your arena team was/is really weak which favors you for GW and makes your arena ranking poor.

Also, there's no way to get Bariss at level 40 without paying money or getting a lucky Bronzium so I am inclined not to trust your post/advice or callout that I suck.

Maljr1980 wrote: »
    I am level 58 with one geared squad. How the hell am I supposed to beat a fully geared wiggs, aa, lumi, boba squad that is level 70? They do so much damage there is literally nothing you can do. I don't even think it would matter if I had two squads.

This is becoming daily routine now. I think the GW "algorithm" or whatever it is needs some serious tuning. Like there's nothing I can do to beat this and this happens like 75% of the time now. Earlier on, GW was challenging but still beatable. Now it's just a nightmare. At least put me fighting against teams that people of my level could actually have without pulling out their credit card and spending $2000.

I forgot video games were supposed to be easy... I guess I imagined all of the memories of being a little kid and throwing the controller when I kept losing on Mario bros.

Challenging and Impossible, totally different things is the point of OP. There's a certain point if your top 5 arena team is good enough early on in the mid game where you will pull such a difficult team in node 12 you can't win.

I made my post just to callout that some days are impossible for mid level players. If that's the intent, then I'll accept that. I guess it's a system just meant to **** off new players.

Yes, some days are impossible for mid-level players....if they focused only on their arena team for the first several months of the game. I have been playing for over a year. I have not finished GW twice in that span. I am a guppy (I have bought a few - like 1 every 3 months or so - crystal subscriptions in the past 14 months.). I finish top 20 in arena and have since May, easily. Before that it was top 50 for several months (I think I was borderline top 100 in my first month or so). During that time I did diversify - just enough to finish GW consistently.

For f2p players the game is about balance. Yes, you need a strong focus on arena (especially if you have whales near the top) - but you're really just choosing how you will get crystals at mid-game. Focus too much on arena, and you aren't getting them from GW. Focus too much on diversity, and your not pulling enough crystals from arena.

F2P players (or even guppies) can't have it both ways. Only whales can "win" every aspect of the game from the time they start. Otherwise its about balance and choices. You chose arena - so your GW will suffer. Until your arena team is either so dominant it can beat everything without losing eny protection/health or you diversify away from just your top 5 or 6.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I got to the 12th node today and I keep losing squad after squad to team Ziggie bcuz their Boba Fett has come back to life like 10 times I guess when a battle resets whether he died or not his coming back to life resets as well which is ****
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Jls73 wrote: »
    I got to the 12th node today and I keep losing squad after squad to team Ziggie bcuz their Boba Fett has come back to life like 10 times I guess when a battle resets whether he died or not his coming back to life resets as well which is ****

If he has that bounty hunter buff above his head it means he will
    Revive. That means you need to kill him, then quickly kill him again before he is able to kill one of your guys.
  • Pharaoh
    27 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Devs, why can't you leave the Galactic war table alone. Today was the most rediculous teams I have ever faced and now the last team I am fighting wiped every toon I have. Get your stuff together and stop screwing us!
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • I get one of them every few weeks, even with a 70+ Roster, sometimes at Node 9...! 12 has been nicely broken for months...
    I find this experience humbling yet annoying, you could view at as training for what lies ahead or a RESTART will save you the angst...

Peace ✌
    “Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.”
  • i love galaxy war. ever since i got my emperor palpatine i don't have nearly as much trouble. right now i'm finishing galaxy war usually once a day sometimes twice a day. it's become one of my favorite parts of the game. i'd much rather spend time doing galaxy war than arena where it's the same team over and over and over again.
  • Galactic War is a litmus test - if you're clearing it everyday, your collection is probably in good shape. If you're not, there's an issue you need to address - diversification, gear, mods, etc. Losing in GW is the game's way of telling you there's a gap in your collection. Completing GW daily is the game's way of rewarding you for all of your hard work on building up your roster.

A good general guideline for ensuring that you can clear GW everyday is this: Farm, level, mod and gear 5 teams. You'll need them for raids, mod challenges, credit heists, omega events, etc anyway. If all you have is one solid team, you're almost guaranteed to lose GW.

iN DarthJarJar | Team Instinct Δ
  • I had the same problem at your level. I didn't have the correct roster depth. So I farmed droids. Then the problem was I was trying to lean too heavily on that one team, so again, not enough roster depth. After a month of improving my entire roster, I started finishing GW again.

Here's a hint also, use early nodes to load TM for your teams. If your team is defeated, the next team doesn't go into the fight flat footed.
  • I wish GW operated under some kind of ELO system under the hood, and would adjust its day to day difficulty down if you are unable to complete and thenot have the difficulty slowly ramp back up if you start winning again.
  • Osisiv wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »

Nobody is demanding anything. Deflection, misdirection, misrepresentation and actual trivialization doesn't change the fact that there is a huge portion of the player base (both P2P and F2P) who have shown frustration with months of comments about something they think could use a refactor.

I've put money into the game. The fact you are making it into an issue of F2P "entitlement" only underscores your true agenda which has nothing to do with the very real issue people are complaining about.. but everything to do with you.

If CG decides to change it... fine. If they don't want to listen to the feedback on what amounts to one of the biggest gripes with the game... fine. The bottom line is that GW isn't a whole lot of fun (which you seem to grasp should be the point) anymore and that should be the highlight of this very long thread.

What's your point? That my agenda is calling out the whining of entitled F2P players? And you are just realizing it now? Yes, I am absolutely trivializing those posts that insult and demand change. I have and will continue to do so. Let me spell it out for you since you're having a hard time.

I was FTP for many months. It was fun. I lost sometimes. I did not cry. I became P2P. I bought Baze. I cried because I spent too much. See the logic there?

GW does not have an issue. If you read the EA/CG description it states that it is intended to be challenging. Challenging means the game could be hard. Means maybe you don't win. And no, you do not "deserve" to win.

If you can't see what I'm trying to say, then I would suggest discussing the injustice of GW with the other poster who is championing the fantasy plight of F2P. Together you can create a better world where you win GW every day and practice recreational outrage. Or maybe you can just figure out how to beat a mobile app game without asking the creators to change it--when they've labeled it as challenging from the start.

I've beaten GW every single day. People in my guild complain about...people on here complain about it. The majority of the player base does and finds it to be a chore instead of being fun. It used to be fun. It's a complete time sink for the only source of reliable daily resources. It used to be fun experimenting with new lineups. It's not so anymore for most players due to being forced to not take any major hits before the last 4-5 nodes b/c of difficulty.

"I pay and pwnz. Everyone else QQ" isn't anything but throwing gas on the fire and trolling instead of understanding there is an issue.

Since you needed it spelled out

• Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Surprised this gw whinefest isn't mashed in with the mega galactic war thread.
  • I use

Palp 7*
    RG 6*
    TFP 7*
    Boba 7*
    Tarkin 7*
    All gear 8 or 9

haven't lost in months
  • I have no problem with a challenge, but 7* GK, Chase, Bariss and B2 is for most of players impossible, thats no fun
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Cop1416 wrote: »
    don't forget the thousands of users who are completing GW every day but don't come on here to brag about it!

Well until u show numbers to out show the ones posting u have no argument.

Hmm. We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

If a TV company receives 100 complaints about a programme do we assume that everyone who watched it hated it?

Perhaps you haven't studied statistics as you make completely baseless assumptions?

If only one person won the jackpot in a lottery could we then assume only one person played lotto at all?
  • galactic war is for masochists always draws me to the last 2 players fighting for 65vl or 78 lvl and win here you can make the balance of the player's level +5 or +7 lvl difference and not after 22 or 28 more levels

I already do not even trying to fight with such lvl better to wait until 0:00 to reset the mission day
  • So today I went for my GW run. Lately I usually get to the last node and have to pray for a beatable squad. Today every top node was a max gear/max level arena like team. Mostly EP empire teams or rebel Wiggs teams. Pretty much wrecked my run today. I get the last 3 nodes being rough but every top node AND the last 3 was too much IMO.

I got her in the free bronzium, you can farm her once you are in 50's, more easily once 70, i finish in to 50 in arena, my last gw node always has 50k or more power, if you want to look up my toons then feel free https://swgoh.gg/u/mithos/collection/
    You just dont want to believe its fair and beatable, you want it to be broken to justify your lack of skill
  • Mithos wrote: »

I got her in the free bronzium, you can farm her once you are in 50's, more easily once 70, i finish in to 50 in arena, my last gw node always has 50k or more power, if you want to look up my toons then feel free https://swgoh.gg/u/mithos/collection/
    You just dont want to believe its fair and beatable, you want it to be broken to justify your lack of skill

We're talking about midgame with a small roster, not talking about your max level GW squads. My buddy who is totally casual autos GW ever day at level 85 but that's not relevant to the situation in OP, nor does the fact that the scaling is punishing in midgame mean I suck.
  • Tell last several days I am seeing the same node 12 in GW: Zeta Vader lead, zeta barris, baze, palp and Boba. All maxxed gear, maxxed mods and every other overpowered advantage available.

You want to have ridiculous zeta abilities in game? Fine. You want p2p characters that people who aren't spending can't attain? I'm ok with that. But keep these features out of GW.

The gap between p2p, f2p and those in between is long lamented and much over discussed. P2P should have countless advantages and more enjoyment than F2P. I have no issues with that. But P2P sees those advantages in squad arena, fleet arena, raids, tournaments, rare events and now even farming with the shift to the new stage 9 hard modes. F2P has Galactic War. The area of the game with no ranking and no bearing on your status vs other players. You just farm GW currency, credits and a miniscule amount of mats and character shards. Stop putting ridiculous combinations on teams on the last node! The challenge of GW is in its marathon design. Adding an impossibility factor by making a team that will ignore your taunt, cleanse all debunks every round, retaliate, heal, prevent you from resurrecting, stun, place everlasting dots that can't be dispelled, ability block and generally be able to take out your whole team without you getting a single turn if you aren't on RNGeezus' good side today is over the top.

It's not fun. Stop the madness. Let all the OP P2P features rule the day in PVP and Guild areas of the game. Leave them out of GW.
  • I like those nice easy nodes too.

Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.