How much are you willing to spend to get&keep the #1?

Prev1
haplothepatryn91
61 posts Member
edited February 2016
Alright I hope this post results interesting for those players who usually finish around top 5 in the Arena. I usually finish top 3, mostly #1 daily in my Server. In my opinion, it is a tough Server based on others that I´ve seen.

To hit #1 at the end, I usually do a battle with 11 mins remaining to take the #1, and then inmediately another one paying the 50 crystalls to lock myself into the #1. It works often. Personally, 50 crystalls to get the #1 is a good prize.

Today I took #1 earlier than usually, like 20 mins before deadline. I was waiting to the 11 mins left, but someone attacked me with 13 mins left. Inmediately, this guy locked me out for 15 mins (3x5mins). So he spent, at least 150 crystalls to get it.

Considering the difference between #1 and #2 is 50 crystalls and 50 tokens, I wouldn´t pay 150 crystalls to do this. I consider myself a competitive player, but this is kind of stupid in my opinion. Moreover, I don´t think I actually need any Arena token lol.

What do you think?

6524e8125d24925202fd153bf9c36ebbo.jpg
My Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes channel: youtube.com/channel/UChbo9FA2_LS9XqlQG1AqXMQ

Replies

• How much have you spent on this game?
  • I only pay for refreshes when the profit outweighs the expense. This happens to me all the time when I end a day in the 20's and figure spending the 50 to refresh will earn me my 50 back plus some Arena tokens and cash. As for first place, it's still a math question for me. I personally don't care about the prestige part of getting first place.....
  • I only pay for refreshes when the profit outweighs the expense. This happens to me all the time when I end a day in the 20's and figure spending the 50 to refresh will earn me my 50 back plus some Arena tokens and cash. As for first place, it's still a math question for me. I personally don't care about the prestige part of getting first place.....

Same goes for me. I'm happy in the top 10. I've taken and held first many times. The reward is nice, but I'm cool top 10.
  • Merilon
    143 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    You can lock 15 min of battle with 100 crystals actually.
    Have to time your 5 battles so that you refresh 50 for a new battle and 50 for 5 new fights or the other way around. Both reset the timer but are not increasing cost on eachother.
  • I'm willing to spend 50 crystals to secure number 1 spot, although I rarely have to.
  • Don't really care about the prestige of being #1 the crystals that's whats it all about!
    I usually try to time my attacks that I can refresh 5 attacks for 50 at 17:54 so I lock myself into battle and got 4 attacks left just to scout the competition and have some fun.

There are some strange players on my server though they seem to battle whole day long, I see them climb and fall during the whole day.
  • There is value to holding #1 over #2 that is greater than 50 or 100 crystals. #2 can be sniped to #11. #1 can only fall to #4.
  • I spent 50 crystals today to go from 4th to 1st but only because I dropped way more than usual and had some unlucky RNG on the way back up so it took 5 fights to get to 4th. I bought the refresh with 6.5m to go, challenged 1st and took it.
    It was just as much to protect my place as to snipe upwards. I don't often buy the extra matches and only when it makes economic sense.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Merilon wrote: »
    You can lock 15 min of battle with 100 crystals actually.
    Have to time your 5 battles so that you refresh 50 for a new battle and 50 for 5 new fights or the other way around. Both reset the timer but are not increasing cost on eachother.

That is possible if you start locking being #1 already. In this case, he did a battle to take #1 before start locking. So he did refill 3 times, which is 150 gems at least though.
    My Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes channel: youtube.com/channel/UChbo9FA2_LS9XqlQG1AqXMQ
  • There is value to holding #1 over #2 that is greater than 50 or 100 crystals. #2 can be sniped to #11. #1 can only fall to #4.

Good point
  • How do you have 12.6 million saved up? And 11 million crystals?
  • GenKillYou wrote: »
    How do you have 12.6 million saved up? And 11 million crystals?

It's spanish, M stands for Mil meaning thousand.

I think this should be stickiiied becaus no one knows world currency.

people think in dollars and euroes.

• It's not currency. It's their language.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Spain uses euros. Mil means thousand
  • Thanks for the clarification all.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    I'm willing to spend at most 50 crystals to stay rank 2. Since I reached the top 10 in both my accounts I never dropped to over 15.
  • My bracket is very strong, very old, very high powered, and very active. Pretty much all of us in the top 10-15 or 20 can take take 1st. Anyone in my top 10 can take first pretty much anytime they attack. There are some diverse, and high powered high synergy teams. Spending does not ensure anything in mine. I've spent to bypass the refresh and been unable to get into a fight the last 10-15 minutes due to I'm already attacked or my opponent is. There has been multiple times I've flushed 50 crystals down the hatch to bypass the cooldown only to not get a fight in before 6pm.

What am I willing to spend? Whatever it takes, just on my bracket it is more about luck of getting the fight than what you will spend to keep fighting.

Now I get the logic that you can't attack when someone engaged you. Just with AI controlled Defense I do not agree with it. Go all real or no real, not half.

I'd love to see an option come in where if someone attacks you get a notice on the game giving you X amount of time to accept. If you accept you control your team, if not AI does, to account for not there. Now that would be a cool update to PVP.

Oh thanks good to know! As for the topic I never spend crystals to stay at the top. I don't have that much competition in my timezone but I'm sure that will change. Sometimes I get to number one around 5:15 and nobody tries to take it.

This is a very good point, knowing the ladder is important, great you mentioned this!!

Agree there. Need to know how the sniping works.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    There is value to holding #1 over #2 that is greater than 50 or 100 crystals. #2 can be sniped to #11. #1 can only fall to #4.

Agree there. Need to know how the sniping works.

Aim. Shoot.
  • 50 crystals is at most I spend. Most days 0.

Course I'm now to the point that I don't care about finishing number 1 as much as being in top 4 as I'm just stock pilling crystals. I have no need for arena tokens anymore, unless they add new toons to the shipment.
  • /wave @Breetai (same server)

So I'm the same as Breetai. It's either 50 or none depending on how far I may get pushed out of top 5. I messing around with different setups nowadays testing against our top guys so that can make me less defensive optimal.

beefysolo
  • I live in a small country in its own timezone. So, i dont have to spend anything, ez rank 1. U jelly?
  • I don´t think there´s actually any country with an unique timezone for it: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ But I get your point.

Jelly... Well, yes and no. It has advantages and disadvantages in my opinion.

Advantages:

- You don´t have to be worried in the last 30 mins, and keep checking the game all the time.
    - You can get such a big reward as #1 for free.

Disadvantages:

- You don´t have a real challenge.
    - You lose the level competition.

So I think it depends on the person more than any other thing. Personally what I like the most in mobile games is the PvP, compete with other players. I´m just not spending 150 crystalls to let the 5 mins expire 3x times to keep a position and lose 100 in the exchange.
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Beefychops wrote: »
    /wave @Breetai (same server)

So I'm the same as Breetai. It's either 50 or none depending on how far I may get pushed out of top 5. I messing around with different setups nowadays testing against our top guys so that can make me less defensive optimal.

beefysolo

Wave @beeefychops

I know. Your the only one from our server I seen on the forums, and I usually see your around the top 10 when I start my jump. It's good we are different time zones as I've been the one that knocked you down a couple times ( no offense ).
  • For the people holding top 10 what team comp do you use to secure your position? Does it hold your position well with the AI defending?
  • Leapster wrote: »
    For the people holding top 10 what team comp do you use to secure your position? Does it hold your position well with the AI defending?

No for one simple toon. Poe

Their poe goes 1st I lose. Mine goes 1st chances are they lose ( talking ai using my poe ).

I end the day anywhere from 1st-3rd. When I start my day usually around 18th or so, sometimes as low as 20th, right now I'm ranked 22nd which is the where I should stay until 5 PM PST. Then I'll start my jump and my 5 free battles is enough to make it to 1st as I know the 5 people not to fight, and not to be 3 spots ahead of until last 20 min. as they are jumping as well.
  • Very interesting. Thanks for the additional insight. Sadly my work day ends between 5-6 and I am usually driving home so it's hard for me to time it right. I tend to end up around ~20 and have to work my way up to the top sooner in the day than I'd want. Just trying to figure out a way if I can hold a higher position earlier in the day and not get knocked back as much.