Unfair advantage to AI in stage 9 hard nodes

Ravens1113
1721 posts Member
edited January 2017
I would love the devs to answer this question for all of us. We are owed an explaination. And any poster saying they don't owe us anything, well as paying customers we actually do deserve an explaination.
Why do the AI scoundrels in these nodes get unlimited usage of their specials? These nodes are already ridiculously hard to the point that the strongest guild in GOH needs to help by renting out their lead heroes for some of us to borrow in order to have a chance to at least beat a single node. Don't even worry about three starring them lol.
As it stands now the drops for raid gear in the AAT heroic raid are redundant and force feed the same gear that you get in daily challenges. The challenges don't offer any gear 11 salvage that we even need, save for the STR challenge! And you need to balance that by choosing between those or the MK4 laptops. Not to mention the majority of gear needed for g11 also needs...you guessed it! Stun cuffs! Yet you don't offer a way outside of adding the salvage to the fleet shipments forcing players to choose between that, or Zeta abilities.
So what's the deal EA? You force out hard nodes that require you to be gear 11. However the majority of the gear for light side characters are a terrible grind to get. Then you give the AI unlimited AOE specials that hit for around 8-10k. Add in some ridiculously high speed which even a Zeta QGJ can't strike first...and you have your typical OP "challenges".
So want to explain this to your player base? Explain why at every single turn you throw unnecessary road blocks to halt any sort of meaningful progress unless you spend ungodly amounts of money? Even whales are having a hard time with the nodes and need incredibly lucky RNG to win. So you're affect your entire player base. So what gives? What's the logic on this.

Replies

  • Ok let's see how to answer this...

    1. First off, anyone can lend anyone a toon as an ally, and marketing your guild for it makes me lol.

    2. Some of the pirate toons, like in this node, do actually have AOE basic attacks. Good thing we don't have them in the PvP aspect of the game.

    3. There's a reason this 'hard' node is in fact hard. These aren't supposed to be completed by scrub g8-9 squads, but g10-11 squads, obviously with decent mods. This is also the final tier of available PvE challenges, and in the hard node of this final tier. Just because you have access to it doesn't mean it should be completed immediately. It actually gives this game some purpose when you know you need to gear up some toons to beat some missions. Hell I wish the game did this more instead of just facing a power creep arena jumble.

    4. Gear drops are far and away the worst aspect of this game. If I didn't have my guild, I would have quit already because it is endless and you'll never get all the gear you want unless you fork over $1000s. I do wish they'd make difficult items more obtainable (gear heist??) and make blue and lesser gear available in the 1000s.

    There hopefully that covers most of that...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • The real question is why light side 9 hard battles are so difficult compared to dark side stage 9 battles... I 3 starred all of those without a single gear 11 character, and I had like a character or 2 only at gear 9. It was way too easy. Yet LS is nearly impossible to beat. What gives?
  • leef
    13161 posts Member
    LS hard battles aren't a roadblock, you don't "need" to have them all 3 starred. I'm not a fan of using this term, but it's "endgame" content. So what that more than a few people aren't able to 3 star them all currently? Being lvl 85 doesn't mean that you're supposed to be able to clear all missions.
    People weren't upset before, but now that shore is farmable everyone all of a sudden thinks they have the right to be able to beat LS 9B hard... Those super hard battles are one of the few things in this game that gave me some sence of accomplisment. Please do yourself a favour and allow yourself to beat those very hard nodes the same way i did, it's far more rewarding than a dailed back version just to be able to farm shore very, and i mean very slowly.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • AAT has an unfair AI advantage, i cant 3-star-solo it!!!
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • leef wrote: »
    LS hard battles aren't a roadblock, you don't "need" to have them all 3 starred. I'm not a fan of using this term, but it's "endgame" content. So what that more than a few people aren't able to 3 star them all currently? Being lvl 85 doesn't mean that you're supposed to be able to clear all missions.
    I 3-starred 9-B and I disagree. They should be challenging, but not that hard. The should also be balanced with the darkside battles, but they are not. They are much harder. They are also not endgame content, but progress content. Endgame content would be Arena and Raids.
  • leef
    13161 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    LS hard battles aren't a roadblock, you don't "need" to have them all 3 starred. I'm not a fan of using this term, but it's "endgame" content. So what that more than a few people aren't able to 3 star them all currently? Being lvl 85 doesn't mean that you're supposed to be able to clear all missions.
    I 3-starred 9-B and I disagree. They should be challenging, but not that hard. The should also be balanced with the darkside battles, but they are not. They are much harder. They are also not endgame content, but progress content. Endgame content would be Arena and Raids.

    and that's why i hate using the term, there's always someone who is going to disagree with the usage of said term... call it progress content, that's fine with me. Point remains the same, not everyone can beat it now, but everyone eventually will be able to beat it.
    I agree that the DS battles should have been harder aswell.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Dear Nintendo
    Can you please nerf battletoads. This game is over 25 years old, and I still cannot beat it. A google search of hardest video game to beat, will tell you why. Any top 10, top 25, whatever list will always have this game in it. I don't know why you would make a game so hard! I paid $50 for this game back in 91. And you freaking owe it to me to allow me to master this game and finally conquer battletoads. If you do not nerf it, I will never play the game again or never buy another game for my Nintendo. Don't make me switch to playing alterbeast on my sega genesis. Also can you make sure I get a trophy for little league baseball, you see my team wasn't very good, and I don't have any baseball trophies, we didn't get participation trophies just for showing up and kicking dirt in the outfield when I was a kid. And how about giving me $1.35 for that time I got my lunch money stolen, back then we had bullies we had to deal with. Ok that is all and thank you, I am going to go to my safe space and cry now because I can't beat LS 9-B either. :,(
  • Maljr1980 wrote: »
    Dear Nintendo
    Can you please nerf battletoads. This game is over 25 years old, and I still cannot beat it. A google search of hardest video game to beat, will tell you why. Any top 10, top 25, whatever list will always have this game in it. I don't know why you would make a game so hard! I paid $50 for this game back in 91. And you freaking owe it to me to allow me to master this game and finally conquer battletoads. If you do not nerf it, I will never play the game again or never buy another game for my Nintendo. Don't make me switch to playing alterbeast on my sega genesis. Also can you make sure I get a trophy for little league baseball, you see my team wasn't very good, and I don't have any baseball trophies, we didn't get participation trophies just for showing up and kicking dirt in the outfield when I was a kid. And how about giving me $1.35 for that time I got my lunch money stolen, back then we had bullies we had to deal with. Ok that is all and thank you, I am going to go to my safe space and cry now because I can't beat LS 9-B either. :,(

    Make sure they get around to Ghosts n' Goblins too.
  • to the OP the dev's really don't owe us anything. it would be nice if they did but they don't. your claim of being paying customers just isn't true for everyone. i still bet the bulk of the player base is f2p. so being a primarily free game they owe us nothing.
  • leef wrote: »
    LS hard battles aren't a roadblock, you don't "need" to have them all 3 starred. I'm not a fan of using this term, but it's "endgame" content. So what that more than a few people aren't able to 3 star them all currently? Being lvl 85 doesn't mean that you're supposed to be able to clear all missions.

    I've only 1 starred 9B hard, and do think it's a nightmare node. However, I think the problem with the the light side 9 hard battles is that the scaling is way off on the node ordering. In terms of difficulty, the nodes go in this order:

    9C, 9D, 9A, 9B

    I've 3 starred 9a, 9c and 9d, but have only managed to finish 9b once in the last few days. And given that 9B is supposed to be easier than 9C...
  • There have always been difficult nodes that were nearly impossible to 3*. Just keep building up your power and try again later.
  • Maljr1980 wrote: »
    Dear Nintendo
    Can you please nerf battletoads. This game is over 25 years old, and I still cannot beat it. A google search of hardest video game to beat, will tell you why. Any top 10, top 25, whatever list will always have this game in it. I don't know why you would make a game so hard! I paid $50 for this game back in 91. And you freaking owe it to me to allow me to master this game and finally conquer battletoads. If you do not nerf it, I will never play the game again or never buy another game for my Nintendo. Don't make me switch to playing alterbeast on my sega genesis. Also can you make sure I get a trophy for little league baseball, you see my team wasn't very good, and I don't have any baseball trophies, we didn't get participation trophies just for showing up and kicking dirt in the outfield when I was a kid. And how about giving me $1.35 for that time I got my lunch money stolen, back then we had bullies we had to deal with. Ok that is all and thank you, I am going to go to my safe space and cry now because I can't beat LS 9-B either. :,(

    We'll played.
  • Its the preferential treatment to lightside...
  • Maljr1980 wrote: »
    Dear Nintendo
    Can you please nerf battletoads. This game is over 25 years old, and I still cannot beat it. A google search of hardest video game to beat, will tell you why. Any top 10, top 25, whatever list will always have this game in it. I don't know why you would make a game so hard! ... ... ... and thank you, I am going to go to my safe space and cry now because I can't beat LS 9-B either. :,(

    We'll played.

    Well played indeed! Motherfreaking alterbeasts! ahh good times.
    Anyone ever play the first earth worm jim game... the one water level... my god...


    Anywho, I don't see how to beat LS 9-B, that level is insane. I've gotten to the third match with all 6 toons having full health, and then can kill either boba or everyone besides boba; then I proceed to get completely murdered.
    I'm not gonna lie, I definitely dig the challenge. I think I may need to use a stronger stun squad... which I don't really have. These are who I do have maxed enough to use (basically any toon with less than 40k total survivability isn't going to make it to the 3rd round):
    All 7 star, level 85:
    G11: fives, biggs, rex, wedge, lando
    G10: K2, Mace
    G9: Ackbar, Echo, JKA

    K2 and JKA are close to moving up a gear tier. Most of my gear 11 toons are maxed, and most of my mods are pretty bada... uh pretty awesome.
    I think I "got the farthest" with fives, wiggs(L), k2, mace, and borrowing a JKA that's stronger than mine.
    And come to think of it... I have all these guys omega'd too haha besides getting everyone of my toons 200+ speed I literally can't upgrade them anymore.

    I'm not giving up... but if I need to unlock & max out Aayla... it's going to be several months before I clear this level.
  • Even Mobile Gamer himself had some trouble! He only had two toons left! MOBILE GAMER! THE KING WHALE!
  • Nurgle
    246 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Ky10Ren wrote: »
    The real question is why light side 9 hard battles are so difficult compared to dark side stage 9 battles... I 3 starred all of those without a single gear 11 character, and I had like a character or 2 only at gear 9. It was way too easy. Yet LS is nearly impossible to beat. What gives?

    I got 3* LS 9-B without a single gear 11 character:
    - Wedge (L) 7*
    - Biggs 7*
    - Jyn 7*
    - Baze 6*
    - Chirrut 5*

    All gear 10. I even only took a lvl 81 Old Ben because I just wanted to at least once try out 9-B once, and was not even expecting to finish it. Guess I got extremely lucky.
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • But you do have 2 of the most OP characters in the game....
  • On 9B shoretrooper node, you can get a 1-2 star win using Wedge L, Biggs, lando, st Han, and Akbar. All need excellent gear, excellent speed, and good rng. Use this team with a decent gear and modded ally old Ben and the node is quite easy depending on rng. You can 3 star using this team if the ai kills your old Ben on stage 3. Save old bens ability block for stage 3. Just need some good luck.
Sign In or Register to comment.