Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• i kinda agree tho i have 0 zeta i shouldn't have to face them, however once the system dectect i have a member that has them then it should port over, but not before!

Your arena is going to be infested with them too. It's fair, everyone has equal access to them.
  • The zeta abilities should be fix or removed. It is unbalanced and change the dynamics of the game totally. By all means c8 new characters with such abilities but if adding new abilities to existing characters make other char useless even u farm so hard for them.
  • Jouh wrote: »
    The zeta abilities should be fix or removed. It is unbalanced and change the dynamics of the game totally. By all means c8 new characters with such abilities but if adding new abilities to existing characters make other char useless even u farm so hard for them.

No, zetas are making older characters more useful.....
  • Indeed zetas are the breath of life the game needed.

War is tough when you dont have A/B/C teams.

Btw a few GW tips.

Use all toons from your A/B/C teams on easy battles...make sure there cooldowns are preped and using them in easy nodes preps there tm also.

Once you prep your A/B/C teams use your next best teams as far as you can, so you A/B/C teams are ready to get the drop on those challenging nodes.
  • i'm finding GW very EASY these days.....i'm completing 1-2 times a day time depending
  • Barris' zeta was removed.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    bluecat wrote: »
    Barris' zeta was removed.

no it wasn't. Bariss zeta ability was changed. The zeta's refunded. She can still be zeta'ed and many including me did put zeta back on her.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    honestly my arena is not infested with them ill see one or two but nothing like GW its a 100% constant basis, its not fair.

You arena might not have them yet, but just wait...

If you are seeing them in GW, then that means they are in other arenas.
  • bluecat wrote: »

Not removed. Just fixed to end on her death as it should. Is still pretty nasty while she is alive but at least it can be beat now.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Osisiv
    172 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    HokieFiend wrote: »

I've beaten GW every single day. People in my guild complain about...people on here complain about it. The majority of the player base does and finds it to be a chore instead of being fun. It used to be fun. It's a complete time sink for the only source of reliable daily resources. It used to be fun experimenting with new lineups. It's not so anymore for most players due to being forced to not take any major hits before the last 4-5 nodes b/c of difficulty.

"I pay and pwnz. Everyone else QQ" isn't anything but throwing gas on the fire and trolling instead of understanding there is an issue.

Since you needed it spelled out

Lol you speak for "the majority of the player base"? As an intelligent poster stated above, even if every single one of these 6.4k posts were whining they do not represent "the majority of the player base". Not even a fraction. Lol are we to believe you speak for hundreds of thousands of people or even more? Wow. Are you....Yoda??? Do you feel it through the force?

If you're not Yoda, go read page 1 in this thread and read the very first post from the developers. It's supposed to be challenging--it's the very first thing stated and stated multiple times (again). Read what you cried about and then read what they stated. If you're going say something, please make it a valid point. I have better things to do than explain basics to a 10 yr old.
  • omg and again last fight and team OP lvl 67 and beat him almost impossible let EA games we get down to work and making balance to GW because it is sick

GW in terms of balance lvl sucks
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Kyleslater wrote: »
    bluecat wrote: »

Not removed. Just fixed to end on her death as it should. Is still pretty nasty while she is alive but at least it can be beat now.

Consider it in a team with GK lead, Baze, B2 and Chirrut. Two effective tanks block your access to her. B2 debuffs/ability blocks if not concentrated on. Barriss removes debuffs unless GK is quicker. And Chirrut... well, is Chirrut.

Then you can have as many teams prepared as you want, but if you can't do it with your arena team you lose the speed advantage and you are done. My main team is glvl 11 wiggs, lando, shore (not useful here, tried subbing with glvl 10 boba but it did not help) and TFP. All gear level 11, yet I had no chance.

Tried different combinations of other glvl 11 toons (Anakin, QGJ, StHan for tm and double taunt, EP etc) but it never worked out. I was not able to single out Barriss, any damage dealt was eventually healed.

It was very frustrating and just goes to show what power creep really means.
  • Naw wrote: »
    Cop1416 wrote: »
    don't forget the thousands of users who are completing GW every day but don't come on here to brag about it!

Well until u show numbers to out show the ones posting u have no argument.

Hmm. We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

If a TV company receives 100 complaints about a programme do we assume that everyone who watched it hated it?

Perhaps you haven't studied statistics as you make completely baseless assumptions?

If only one person won the jackpot in a lottery could we then assume only one person played lotto at all?

?

Cop1416 maintains that, in the absence of more data, this megathread is evidence that the majority of players have issues with GW.

I maintain that without more data it's merely evidence that the majority of posters in the thread have issues with it.

I'm not sure who your analogy is aimed at, me or him. He's the one making baseless assumptions, not me.
  • Cop1416
    235 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Naw wrote: »
    don't forget the thousands of users who are completing GW every day but don't come on here to brag about it!

If a TV company receives 100 complaints about a programme do we assume that everyone who watched it hated it?

Perhaps you haven't studied statistics as you make completely baseless assumptions?

If only one person won the jackpot in a lottery could we then assume only one person played lotto at all?

?

Cop1416 maintains that, in the absence of more data, this megathread is evidence that the majority of players have issues with GW.

I maintain that without more data it's merely evidence that the majority of posters in the thread have issues with it.

I'm not sure who your analogy is aimed at, me or him. He's the one making baseless assumptions, not me.

Not baseless you troll. I'm the only one who can show numbers. You can't. Yours are baseless. You are pulling your cr. ap out of thin air. I have something to point to. You must be a liberal democrat. All talk and no substance.
  • Resorting to personal attacks doesn't change anything. The outcry can be seen across every communication avenue this game has.

There is not much a F2P/minnow roster can do when faced with nodes filled with Chaze/Wiggs teams and then Zeta teams on node 11/12.... other than voice a complaint... oh wait.

Challenging doesn't mean impossible and that's exactly what's happening for a lot of folks
    Osisiv wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »

I've beaten GW every single day. People in my guild complain about...people on here complain about it. The majority of the player base does and finds it to be a chore instead of being fun. It used to be fun. It's a complete time sink for the only source of reliable daily resources. It used to be fun experimenting with new lineups. It's not so anymore for most players due to being forced to not take any major hits before the last 4-5 nodes b/c of difficulty.

"I pay and pwnz. Everyone else QQ" isn't anything but throwing gas on the fire and trolling instead of understanding there is an issue.

Since you needed it spelled out

Lol you speak for "the majority of the player base"? As an intelligent poster stated above, even if every single one of these 6.4k posts were whining they do not represent "the majority of the player base". Not even a fraction. Lol are we to believe you speak for hundreds of thousands of people or even more? Wow. Are you....Yoda??? Do you feel it through the force?

If you're not Yoda, go read page 1 in this thread and read the very first post from the developers. It's supposed to be challenging--it's the very first thing stated and stated multiple times (again). Read what you cried about and then read what they stated. If you're going say something, please make it a valid point. I have better things to do than explain basics to a 10 yr old.

• omg again stupid GW unbalanced if you can torture have 55 lvl and I say that already starts to **** me off this game is no wonder that people goes back to the hacksy to play not so balanced GW do not know what does EA probably has players somewhere probably counts who spends more money on the game what you expect from a game on the phone
  • Ok; gw is impossible for low level, easy for high
  • Mans_Yolo wrote: »

We're talking about midgame with a small roster, not talking about your max level GW squads. My buddy who is totally casual autos GW ever day at level 85 but that's not relevant to the situation in OP, nor does the fact that the scaling is punishing in midgame mean I suck.

You are right, thats not the part that means you suck, the part that means you suck is that there are plenty of mid game free toons/squads that would be able to beat gw. You simply cant beat it with your one squad that you randomly put together and are whining that its unbalanced...you arnt meant to beat it easily and there are toons and teams better made for it

Fyi...mid game gw is way easier than end game gw, end game gw only gets easy after you have a few teams or just that well geared from raids, mid game only needs one well thought out squad to beat gw every day

My mid game squad was jedi, you could also go rebels, droids, empire, revive teams work specially well in low lvls

See you suck because instead of finding sumthing that works, you decided to complain that it needs rebalance and is unfair...
  • Mithos wrote: »
    Mans_Yolo wrote: »

We're talking about midgame with a small roster, not talking about your max level GW squads. My buddy who is totally casual autos GW ever day at level 85 but that's not relevant to the situation in OP, nor does the fact that the scaling is punishing in midgame mean I suck.

You are right, thats not the part that means you suck, the part that means you suck is that there are plenty of mid game free toons/squads that would be able to beat gw. You simply cant beat it with your one squad that you randomly put together and are whining that its unbalanced...you arnt meant to beat it easily and there are toons and teams better made for it

Fyi...mid game gw is way easier than end game gw, end game gw only gets easy after you have a few teams or just that well geared from raids, mid game only needs one well thought out squad to beat gw every day

My mid game squad was jedi, you could also go rebels, droids, empire, revive teams work specially well in low lvls

See you suck because instead of finding sumthing that works, you decided to complain that it needs rebalance and is unfair...

See: "git gud", apparently. :tongue:
  • Cop1416 wrote: »

?

Not baseless you troll. I'm the only one who can show numbers. You can't. Yours are baseless. You are pulling your cr. ap out of thin air. I have something to point to. You must be a liberal democrat. All talk and no substance.

Oh dear. There's an inherent irony that.

Right then, here's some numbers for you:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/45415/do-we-have-any-statistical-data-for-swgoh-players

Back in June an estimate for the number of players (not necessarily active) was 5 million. Given that the app has been downloaded at least twice as many times as that from android play store I think 5 million is a conservative estimate for the number of players who have downloaded and played the game. They won't all be active, of course, so let's make a guess that only 20% of them are still actively playing the game. That's 1 Million people trying GW on a reasonably regular basis.

There are 6400 posts in this thread, with many posters posting more than once (you alone have dozens of them) and those posts are not unanimously stating that there is a problem with GW.

Now, in case you'd forgotten the point of this when you got all offensive and opted for personal attacks, you allege that this thread is evidence that the majority of SWGOH players have problems with GW. And I'm saying that there is not enough evidence to make that claim. I'm not saying there's evidence the majority of players don't have a problem with it, just that the evidence we have is insufficient to make the claim that you're making.

If you can respond without insults or profanity or baseless assumptions about me and my political leanings that would be great. But if more of the same follows I'll just bow out as there's not much point arguing with someone who resorts to that without provocation.
  • Sorry @DarjeloSalas, but I think that it will be correct if we calculate posts of this thread as a part of forum user accounts, not as a part of total users, and then we can assume that distribution is same for all users....

?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/45415/do-we-have-any-statistical-data-for-swgoh-players

Back in June an estimate for the number of players (not necessarily active) was 5 million. Given that the app has been downloaded at least twice as many times as that from android play store I think 5 million is a conservative estimate for the number of players who have downloaded and played the game. They won't all be active, of course, so let's make a guess that only 20% of them are still actively playing the game. That's 1 Million people trying GW on a reasonably regular basis.

There are 6400 posts in this thread, with many posters posting more than once (you alone have dozens of them) and those posts are not unanimously stating that there is a problem with GW.

Now, in case you'd forgotten the point of this when you got all offensive and opted for personal attacks, you allege that this thread is evidence that the majority of SWGOH players have problems with GW. And I'm saying that there is not enough evidence to make that claim. I'm not saying there's evidence the majority of players don't have a problem with it, just that the evidence we have is insufficient to make the claim that you're making.

If you can respond without insults or profanity or baseless assumptions about me and my political leanings that would be great. But if more of the same follows I'll just bow out as there's not much point arguing with someone who resorts to that without provocation.

Not insults facts. You are trolling. You are purposely trying to fight or argue. Just because a game has been downloaded doesn't mean it's being played. Just like a book. Just because it's bought doesn't mean it's constantly read. Reading these post a lot of people have tired of this game and quit playing it. So once again. You're pulling numbers out of thin air and or twisting numbers. A liberal democrat. Trying to justify everyone else getting screwed while you 1%'r sit at the top, look down upon, and spit on the smaller guys struggling. Hope karma bites u in the rear dude.
  • tl;dr - it's just a hard stage of the game. Manage your resources and only develop helpful characters and it'll get easier fairly quickly. Read on for long-winded and sub-average advice.

This is a really long answer to a relatively simple post - Annoyance with the GW system. However, GW is embedded into the curve of everything else in the game. So to advance in GW requires growth in all of the other systems. Squad composition and level, gear level, mod arrangement. And each of those aspects require intentionality. The tighter your reins on spending the various in-game resources, the quicker you can advance. The casual approach is just as much fun, maybe more fun, but it makes GW and arena viability harder. When I started I only went after Jedi because I really like Jedi. But this made overall progress really, really slow. But I had a lot of fun. (On the upside, my Jedi fandom has me with a 7*85g10 Mace, awesome for Ships)

It just takes a while. The midgame curve can be nasty, but it's temporary. Pretty much no single squad will get you through GW at any level. Even the whales in my guild typically have to use more than 1 to beat GW. Not always, but typically. The big whales in my guild are facing 7*g11 GK squads and similar. Node 11 is supposed to be a major test for your roster. Someone on here posted that it's a good litmus test for where you're at, I think that's an excellent way to describe it.

I couldn't beat it consistently until I could farm Wedge and Biggs. That gave me enough offense to either cruise through the weaker nodes or hit nodes 11 and 12 with fury. I'm a lvl 85 guppy and I'm up to 3 legitimately strong teams. My rebels just clear the chaff at this point.

During the midgame, I think becoming more competitive in GW is primarily about resource management.

In the midgame, you need a squad with survivability to get you to node 6. Ideally, node 6 is where you'd use your best squad for the first time. Then go back to the survival squad to get to 11 hopefully, 9 for sure. You can't win every day, but even 2 squads will get you far down the line. GW is a great source for multiple resources, so it's worth it to advance as far as possible, daily.

That survival squad is something with sustainable healing. Once you get wedge you can do this with rebels. Until then you're looking at using healers. 2 different tanks with Taunts can go a long way on nodes 6 and 9 (you don't use them at the same time, but it helps to have a fresh tank at the beginning of each). Sid is pretty good on this squad as well. Some characters like Ashoka sorta have a group heal, but you can't really count on it as your primary source of healing. This gets much much easier when you hit lvl 66 because you'll be able to use level 7 gear, which brings protection. At your level, I'm pretty sure Jedi Consular and Old Daka are the best healers available, but you're right on the edge of beginning to farm for Barriss. If you're in a guild you can get some good work in on Ewok Elder, and you can farm him from hard shards as well. I should add, JC isn't useful after the midgame, so plan on moving on from him once you can develop other healers.

If you can clear level 1 of the mod battles, you can 15% health to all of your squad members by loading them with health mods. They'll be lower level, but they make a HUGE difference. Especially speed arrows.

I haven't done the math in a while, but I believe if you finish your dailies you can afford to spend 100 crystals per day to get a refresh on your cantina energy while still ending ahead on crystals. I know you can spend 50 and stay ahead. You should absolutely refresh your cantina energy once a day. This will help you in every way imaginable. Whether you're farming mods or character shards, it's a good thing. Don't spend your crystals on anything else. On this - If you're tempted to spend money, my advice is to only buy crystals, and only spend them on cantina and regular energy refreshes. One of each costs 150 crystals. Two of each cost 300. Don't do 3 of either. If you bought the 100/day thing, combined with your daily crystals, you can sustain the boost for a long time. Also - Occasionally they have double shard weekends. Absolutely spend crystals to do two refreshes on these days. Occasionally they have sales on the crystals themselves. Try to hold out for this if you're on the fence for spending.

Make sure you're staying in the top 1000 in arena. The higher the better (obviously).

Try to be in a guild which is doing heroics, or which is legitimately heading that direction. I mean, if your real-life friends are in a casual guild - stay there and enjoy yourself. If not, head to a guild which is finishing raids. The resource bump is big. Guild coins are big. I was in a weak guild for about 6 months. Didn't get anything done. Last August I joined a much stronger guild and we're finishing both heroics. My roster has become more powerful just from raid loot and guild coin purchases.

Most importantly... don't develop the chaff right now. A character might be cool, but if you can't use them in your top two squads, or if they don't immediately help you advance in DS or LS battles... don't spend a single space-buck or piece of gear on them. Use the forums and such to make sure you're developing functional squads.

Good luck. It's a fun game.

?

Not insults facts. You are trolling. You are purposely trying to fight or argue. Just because a game has been downloaded doesn't mean it's being played. Just like a book. Just because it's bought doesn't mean it's constantly read. Reading these post a lot of people have tired of this game and quit playing it. So once again. You're pulling numbers out of thin air and or twisting numbers. A liberal democrat. Trying to justify everyone else getting screwed while you 1%'r sit at the top, look down upon, and spit on the smaller guys struggling. Hope karma bites u in the rear dude.
    Not insults facts. You are trolling. You are purposely trying to fight or argue.

And you aren't?
    Reading these post a lot of people have tired of this game and quit playing it.

I notice you've threatened to do this too. Still tempted?
    A liberal democrat.

Now who's pulling things out of thin air? You don't even know if that's a thing where I live, never mind whether or not I am one.
    Trying to justify everyone else getting screwed while you 1%'r sit at the top, look down upon, and spit on the smaller guys struggling.

I am FTP. I am absolutely nowhere near the top 1% of people playing this game. I have fewer than half the amount of 7* toons that you do, and have completed just over half the amount of GW nodes and Arena battles that you have.
    Hope karma bites u in the rear dude.

For what? For disagreeing with you? Does everyone who challenges your assumptions deserve a bite back from karma?

It does seem odd that I seem to have annoyed you by "pulling things out of thin air", which is exactly what you've gone on to do on multiple occasions yourself. Anyway, I think this debate has run its course. Good luck in GW next time you do it.
  • pargame wrote: »
    Sorry @DarjeloSalas, but I think that it will be correct if we calculate posts of this thread as a part of forum user accounts, not as a part of total users, and then we can assume that distribution is same for all users....

I'm not sure I agree with that, as it was months after downloading and playing this game that I bothered with the forums at all, but I'd be interested to know how many accounts there are and how many of them have posted in here about GW being problematic. The second figure is a good bit less than 6400, we know that.

?

Not insults facts. You are trolling. You are purposely trying to fight or argue.

And you aren't?
    Reading these post a lot of people have tired of this game and quit playing it.

I notice you've threatened to do this too. Still tempted?
    A liberal democrat.

Now who's pulling things out of thin air? You don't even know if that's a thing where I live, never mind whether or not I am one.
    Trying to justify everyone else getting screwed while you 1%'r sit at the top, look down upon, and spit on the smaller guys struggling.

I am FTP. I am absolutely nowhere near the top 1% of people playing this game. I have fewer than half the amount of 7* toons that you do, and have completed just over half the amount of GW nodes and Arena battles that you have.
    Hope karma bites u in the rear dude.

For what? For disagreeing with you? Does everyone who challenges your assumptions deserve a bite back from karma?

It does seem odd that I seem to have annoyed you by "pulling things out of thin air", which is exactly what you've gone on to do on multiple occasions yourself. Anyway, I think this debate has run its course. Good luck in GW next time you do it.

And you continue to troll. Glad you're good at something.

• I have an empire squad with ep(l) vader Boba tfp dt and I do fine. Empire can do well because of all their stuns and debunks. If you got dt level him because the daze is great against fives and the death Mark is good against tanks or toons with high health. Good luck!
  • GW seems to be a cakewalk or difficult depending on your squad. I honestly leveled the wrong people so I've only ever beat it 5 times since I started playing in December. I have a strong Jedi team but not Barris and I spread my resources accross to many characters. I'm pretty much just trying to focus on ships and eing great with them. That said I am hoping it becomes much easier when I finnally get my Wedge maxed from Cantina nodes and get Ackbar up. A rebel team of Lando, Wedge, Biggs, Ackbar and whoever should turn my main squad around.