Droids, Rebels or Resistance

I need to decide which of these to run in P2 and P4 of Heroic AAT. Im thinking Resistance P2 and either droids or rebels P4. Has anyone ran Droids in P4 and seen how they compare to rebels?

Replies

• Rebels are really effective in P2 and P4, but best to save them for P4 because Leia's crit chance up buff protects against the ship.

Droids are definitely a go for P2, Resistance i'm not familiar with their utility in AAT.
  • I'd personally go rebels in P2 and droids in p4. Everyone does good in P2, but having a good P4 team gets you better gear. I recommend the holy droid trinity (hk Lead IGs) Jawa engineer and poggle. Put a **** ton of speed on poggle so you can time his offense up for when the tank comes up. This prevents everyone from dying and makes it easier to kill everything before the tank gets its turns off.
  • Sorry to glom onto someone's thread here, but the thread is what triggered this question. So what would be the best team to take on phase 1 and phase 3 in people's opinions here?

Just barely able to dip my toes in the 6 star raids now, but knowledge of a good team to build for each phase would be nice. I should have a full 7 star droid team in a bit over a month, but farming the right characters for each spot is nice. I have at least one Rancor team picked out and my droids are my PvP team (been in the top 50 every day for over two weeks with them, top 20 one day), Have my 10 (well 11, I'm running a 2 pilot ship too) pilots picked out, and a fair amount of my characters overlap.

If no one followed my information, basically I'm looking for some good raiding teams to start farming up, and I'm pretty much right at the point where I need to start getting them picked out to progress as effectively as possible. Any suggestions would be amazing. Thanks.
  • I've heard Jedi team for P1, and Chief Chirpa (L), Palp + 3 tanks for P3
  • Overall, Rebels. But I think droids are better in P2. Resistance team is good in P1, but nothing crazy if you don't have Zeta Finn and/or Rey.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I think droids are better for p2 than p4. I belive to get the better droid scores you need to keep toppling the tank. You can topple more times in P4 but then you also have to deal with the air strike and b2 popping back up
  • poggle keeps the air strikes from killing them and with enough speed he will usually not be on cool down by the time the tank is Untoppled. Use the offense up to take out the B2s quickly. I'm only doing T6 AAT as of now, but I assume if you have enough damage (and speed) to take everything out before the tank goes again. The only downside is that between 86 and JE you're going to get a lot of assists and poggle is useless when he assists.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    PapiBlanco wrote: »
    poggle keeps the air strikes from killing them and with enough speed he will usually not be on cool down by the time the tank is Untoppled. Use the offense up to take out the B2s quickly. I'm only doing T6 AAT as of now, but I assume if you have enough damage (and speed) to take everything out before the tank goes again. The only downside is that between 86 and JE you're going to get a lot of assists and poggle is useless when he assists.

Tank does not topple as easy in heroic.
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    For normal I preferred Leila as 5th, that way you don't need to worry about buffs timings.

I have a fairly decent droid and rebel squad. My droids outdamage the rebels in both P2 and P4.... at least mine. And it depends when I can use my droids in each fase since currently my guild does the normal in ~22 hours, with a refresh in the middle.
  • Resistance and Droids can hit 3.3 mil in P2 heroic AAT, as can clones. For Resistance, it requires Finn's zeta. Rebels fall far short of that. From the perspective of easiest, clones and resistance are the easiest to hit high damage. Droids top out at about 1.4-1.5mil without exceptional mods.

If you are thinking only of tank, that's the info. Droids / Resistance / Clones in P2 and Rebels in P4 is the typical approach. They all have varying usefulness elsewhere too.