Kylo ren

Prev13
Sorry if I'm wrong, but he is garbage on the movie, almost losing for someone who wasn't trained with a lightsaber and been shoot by the fast chewie (I'm a big fan of chewie, but he is slow, Vader would never be hit by him). Why not buff Mace (one of the greatest Jedi) or maybe launch Jango fett or anything else related to the Dark side.

Replies

• Even if they do not launch Jango they could rework Grievous, instead of Kylo
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Boohoo.
  • Yeah you know shot by a wookie bowcast the weapon that was sending people flying the whole movie and still able to fight totally useless your right
  • You can call him garbage but he still stopped a blaster bolt in mid-air and the shooter using the force, no one that's canon has ever done that before. I thought it was funny how he was worried he wouldn't be as strong as Vader even though all of the abilities he demonstrated were stronger
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    What does vader even do in a New Hope (or any of the OT movies for that matter) that would make him any stronger than kylo? Im not saying i think kylo is stronger, but its not fair to say he never demonstrated any ability in TFA. Especially considering that hes not even a full sith.
  • Allenb60 wrote: »
    You can call him garbage but he still stopped a blaster bolt in mid-air and the shooter using the force, no one that's canon has ever done that before. I thought it was funny how he was worried he wouldn't be as strong as Vader even though all of the abilities he demonstrated were stronger

I don't know much outside of the movies (which only show Vader past his prime when he is old and weaker) but apparently Vader does some pretty impressive stuff in some of the other Star Wars universe stories
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    JohnTS676 wrote: »
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    You can call him garbage but he still stopped a blaster bolt in mid-air and the shooter using the force, no one that's canon has ever done that before. I thought it was funny how he was worried he wouldn't be as strong as Vader even though all of the abilities he demonstrated were stronger

I don't know much outside of the movies (which only show Vader past his prime when he is old and weaker) but apparently Vader does some pretty impressive stuff in some of the other Star Wars universe stories

All of that stuff is non-canon.
  • The whole movie was spent demonstrating how powerful Kylo Ren is. He stopped a blaster bolt mid-air, and continued to walk around and have a conversation with no effort. He used the force to read minds. Last, but definitely not least, he continued to fight Finn ( a melee fighting prodigy in his trooper training) and Rey (who is also obviously strong with the force) while he had just taken a bowcaster shot to the gut. Previously in the movie, the bowcaster shot was shown to send people flying.

So please uninformed, false Star Wars fan, please tell me again why you think Kylo Ren is weak?
  • Yeah, and at least in the true Battlefront games, that bowcasters got a pretty solid range.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Mullato wrote: »

Well, we did finally get to see vader as a badass in rogue one. (Only memorable part of the movie)
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Buff Mace? The only time I've seen Mace fight was in Ep2, and if I recall he had a full army of Jedi's with him. He then got pwned by Palps in Ep3.

Kylo single handedly destroyed a computer console - boys got skills
  • Allenb60 wrote: »

+1 and he was only in one movie so far. He might be the most powerful user of the force in episode IX for all we know.
  • The whole movie was spent demonstrating how powerful Kylo Ren is. He stopped a blaster bolt mid-air, and continued to walk around and have a conversation with no effort. He used the force to read minds. Last, but definitely not least, he continued to fight Finn ( a melee fighting prodigy in his trooper training) and Rey (who is also obviously strong with the force) while he had just taken a bowcaster shot to the gut. Previously in the movie, the bowcaster shot was shown to send people flying.

So please uninformed, false Star Wars fan, please tell me again why you think Kylo Ren is weak?

Wow so salty... This uninformed star wars fans had only read some books... (not cannon anymore). The only Cannon linked with Kylo now (by what I know) is the movie (on my opinion better than the phantom menace, only) and I saw it, not so impressed... He is good, but would you compare him to Mace? (of course, on the Last Jedi Kylo may become more powerful). I was only expressing my opinion so next time, you must know the person and think twice before you talk shi-t onfending the person.

Wow so salty... This uninformed star wars fans had only read some books... (not cannon anymore). The only Cannon linked with Kylo now (by what I know) is the movie (on my opinion better than the phantom menace, only) and I saw it, not so impressed... He is good, but would you compare him to Mace? (of course, on the Last Jedi Kylo may become more powerful). I was only expressing my opinion so next time, you must know the person and think twice before you talk shi-t onfending the person.

Other fact is that if only the series are cannon now the new characters will have more advantage, because of the advances on special effects, we can't be silly and ignore that.

Exactly this
  • MasterMasterTimelord
    1140 posts Member
    edited February 2017

I forgot the canon thing, I've liked a lot the Thrawn dinasty, but it was, for me, somehow necessary to remove somethings from the Canon, as the story in wich Chewie dies.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member

I forgot the canon thing, I've liked a lot the Thrawn dinasty, but it was, for me, somehow necessary to remove somethings from the Canon, as the story in wich Chewie dies.

Haha yea, the eu had some pretty cool stuff in it...Along wth some horrible things.
  • lol the ongoing saga

Have you forgotten the first 75% of the movie?
    He did stuff we barely ever saw others do.

Then he kills his father... you know, that kinda potentially distracted him for that half a second it took chewie to blast him.

A blast that made everyone else fly like a bird.

Yet he could still continue to function afterwards while internally bleeding.

He's not weak and I anticipate they'll
    make him wreck havoc in the upcoming episodes

• MasterMasterTimelord
    1140 posts Member
    edited February 2017

+1 and he was only in one movie so far. He might be the most powerful user of the force in episode IX for all we know.

Yeah, I must consider that, but let's not forget all the role of Vader on the story.

Edit: Kylo, on movie 7 format, would never beat Vader or Mace (I know, his training wasn't fullfiled), but what matters is: he was buffed, on his current movie 7 stats, and not Mace (for an example). On the game Mace is useless and he was the most powerful Jedi, on Kenobi's opinion.
  • Everyone keeps saying he's garbage... and everyone basis that on his fight with Finn and Rey? That's silly. He caught a blaster bolt in mid air and froze Poe and Rey completely in their tracks. The only "battle" we saw him in he was wounded both physically... and emotionally? (BooHoo I killed my Dad). Plus we have no idea what kind of previous training Rey has. Oh he sucks cause he couldn't beat one untrained scavenger... till you find out she is Ani or Palps reincarnated... Where is my jump to conclusions mat. I saw the force awakens so I'm an expert on all things force related...
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Feel free to disagree (I know many will), but for me, Kylo Ren was the first Star Wars villain I was actually afraid of when he first appeared. He's so erratic, unpredictable, and clearly unhinged; I was never really sure what he was going to do next (outburst scenes and the bit where he force chokes/pulls the officer to his hand were terrific). I love the emperor and vader, but (until rogue one) I never felt intimidated or afraid of them.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Sorry if I'm wrong, but he is garbage on the movie, almost losing for someone who wasn't trained with a lightsaber and been shoot by the fast chewie (I'm a big fan of chewie, but he is slow, Vader would never be hit by him).

It's apparent Chewie, Finn, and Rey had Speed Mods installed! Han already used up his stun move, had poor mods, and didn't get the TM boost because he never used his Special. Speed kills! ;)
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Sorry if I'm wrong, but he is garbage on the movie, almost losing for someone who wasn't trained with a lightsaber and been shoot by the fast chewie (I'm a big fan of chewie, but he is slow, Vader would never be hit by him).

It's apparent Chewie, Finn, and Rey had Speed Mods installed! Han didn't get the TM boost because he never used his Special. Speed kills! ;)

:D
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Feel free to disagree (I know many will), but for me, Kylo Ren was the first Star Wars villain I was actually afraid of when he first appeared. He's so erratic, unpredictable, and clearly unhinged; I was never really sure what he was going to do next (outburst scenes and the bit where he force chokes/pulls the officer to his hand were terrific). I love the emperor and vader, but (until rogue one) I never felt intimidated or afraid of them.

You didn't grow up in the 70s and 80s, apparently. Vader and EP were like the original Jason and Freddy!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • DatBoi wrote: »

You didn't grow up in the 70s and 80s, apparently. Vader and EP were like the original Jason and Freddy!

lol... so true

back in the days... omg.

off topic side note: those special effects for late 70's and early 80's....wow. For that era, they really did something special on all aspects of the movies.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Good, good. Let your Hate flow.
  • Sorry if I'm wrong, but he is garbage on the movie, almost losing for someone who wasn't trained with a lightsaber and been shoot by the fast chewie (I'm a big fan of chewie, but he is slow, Vader would never be hit by him). Why not buff Mace (one of the greatest Jedi) or maybe launch Jango fett or anything else related to the Dark side.

LOL Garbage in the movie is right! Way too emo for me. Plus he killed his dad via sneak attack. Could have at least challenged him and gave him a fair chance.

It is funny that one of his specials is him throwing a tantrum.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »

Thats right, I didn't grow up in the 70s or 80s (which is a shame, that was the golden age of fun movies), but I still grew up watching the star wars movies.
  • I think it's just funny you are complaining about Kylo like anyone in this game is balanced like in the movies. Let alone the abilities are even movie canon. Lol. Perspective is lost and I think just trollin.