Does anyone run this type of squad?

Plasma
Kylo
Lumi
Fives
Daka or an applicable tank
All 6-7 stars gear VII

I've given up on farming 5s at least until I see how viable he becomes with his basic attack @ lvl 8.

I feel in general that dps>health and my toons arent making the impact I had theorized.

I've been preparing a completely different team comp but have invested heavily into this team so before I completely dismiss them I was curious if anyone had success with a similar squad or has suggestions on potential replacements that are in line with my "tank" theme?

Replies

• I've faced this team comp and I am not impressed. The reason is that you can not burst anybody with an ease. That means that your team will give a chance to the opponent DPS chars to do their job. Perhaps if you put FOTP or GEO as 5th toon, you will stand a chance.
    IMO Kylo is a bit overrated. I don't like him ( that doesn't mean you should not use him) - his kit is so demanding, but the Kylo topic is too long to deal with.
    I would get rid of 5s for the moment, cuz there are so many better options than him - Poe/GS/Poggle/QGJ/Sid/FOO etc... I know that you've worked hard on your team and my advice is to keep the backbone and try do add something different. I thing that Poggle/GS/QGJ will do fine job for you. As the matter of fact i like Eeth Koth - his stun is amazing and his dmg is pretty decent. FOO is another good option considering the fact that you are running Kylo and Phasma.
  • Exactly! I've been realizing that the dps trade-off for HP/AR doesn't pan out when put into practice, especially in cases like GS who has an above average health pool along with high raw dps potential. I finally got my FOTP to 4* today but i'm on a pretty competitive server and hes too much of a liability with 6k hp. I like your suggestion of QGJ and I am working on him but he's only 4* aswell. I think Kylo has potential, but his basic is only around 1.4k. When he gets the call from phasmas leader ability it makes me sad :neutral: . Thanks for the feedback, I haven't really seen many teams constructed like mine either (for good reason it seems) so its good to see that at least you have. I've decided to continue working on my projects and stop pumping resources into 5's and Kylo, but man, I really want to like Kylo! One person i've been thinking about is IG-86 as I haven't seen many high ranking ones, how is he at EG? And does he still work well in a comp that doesn't include poggle?
  • Im Using Sid 7* G8 (L)/ Lumi 7* g8/ GS 4* G8 / IG-86 4* g8 / Poe 5* g8

My GS and IG-86 are working really well, i think im not in so a hardcore server since we are hitting now the 70 bench.
    But GS has his offence up, and his assist is every 2nd turn. IG-86 has his nice +50% critchance in his kit wich is also really nice and makes the buf of lets say sid proc often
  • Ello_Asty
    562 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Plasma
    Kylo
    Lumi
    Fives
    Daka or an applicable tank
    All 6-7 stars gear VII

I've given up on farming 5s at least until I see how viable he becomes with his basic attack @ lvl 8.

I feel in general that dps>health and my toons arent making the impact I had theorized.

I've been preparing a completely different team comp but have invested heavily into this team so before I completely dismiss them I was curious if anyone had success with a similar squad or has suggestions on potential replacements that are in line with my "tank" theme?

I wanted 5's to be good as well and started off with 4/5ths of that same team. My problem is that there are so many toons that I want, it takes forever to get them and build them up. You might want to continue building up Daka for squad missions and GW and Lumi for the same. Do you have a Sid as he is great for GW? As for Arena, people are hiding glass cannons behind a tank right now. There are counters you can work towards which you'd need to add a QGJ and Boba for his AoE and leader. FOO is a good recommendation to get a bit more dps in your line-up though I wouldn't go that route for a defending squad.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Ello_Asty wrote: »
    I wanted 5's to be good as well and started off with 4/5ths of that same team. My problem is that there are so many toons that I want, it takes forever to get them and build them up. You might want to continue building up Daka for squad missions and GW and Lumi for the same. Do you have a Sid as he is great for GW? As for Arena, people are hiding glass cannons behind a tank right now. There are counters you can work towards which you'd need to add a QGJ and Boba for his AoE and leader. FOO is a good recommendation to get a bit more dps in your line-up though I wouldn't go that route for a defending squad.

I started farming 5s too, and I don't regret. He's not in my main teams, but he's decent, I use him in tank challege and GW sometimes, and I expect his value to raise once we have more clones and meta shift a bit to less glass-cannony.

You have to make some decisions and live with it. I decided to leave Sid at 4*, and I'm happy with that. Will get QGJ to 5* for the Jedi Challenge, then Poe 5* for the Arena team, and then probably QGJ 7*. Will probably suffer a bit in Arena for 2 weeks, but I want to try to get Yoda with 5* in the first attempt.
  • I feel like I could have gotten more out of my resources than what 5's has to offer to be honest (Poe for example). Tank challenge is his only value to me. Sid I maxed out and am VERY happy with that. He is a stalwart in GW with that self-heal and heal block. In Arena, I sometimes use his leadership ability and I sometimes don't use him. I could say that about a lot of toons, though.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • I shouldve kept working on daka instead of 5's, I do the same thing and go for a diff toon achieve my goal, wellllll i use to, learned my lesson after that. As for Sid, I have had him 5* for the longest time, I just never liked him. I got a ton of arena currency, working on st han currently and was hoping for a little buff on him this patch but oh well, got him to 5* today.I thought about FOO but when QGJ was available on cantina, I decided to work him till 7* before getting daka to 7. The team still in works looks like this right now

Lumi 7*
    QGJ 4*
    IG-86 4*, thinking of grinding windu instead for now, thoughts?
    ST Han 5*
    Possibly keep Phasma as L since i got her 7* for a while as well but got 44/80 for rey, a 4* FOTP but hes too squish, Hoping a new char might be able to fill this role once patch rolls out.
  • DarthVanio wrote: »
    I've faced this team comp and I am not impressed. The reason is that you can not burst anybody with an ease. That means that your team will give a chance to the opponent DPS chars to do their job. Perhaps if you put FOTP or GEO as 5th toon, you will stand a chance.
    IMO Kylo is a bit overrated. I don't like him ( that doesn't mean you should not use him) - his kit is so demanding, but the Kylo topic is too long to deal with.
    I would get rid of 5s for the moment, cuz there are so many better options than him - Poe/GS/Poggle/QGJ/Sid/FOO etc... I know that you've worked hard on your team and my advice is to keep the backbone and try do add something different. I thing that Poggle/GS/QGJ will do fine job for you. As the matter of fact i like Eeth Koth - his stun is amazing and his dmg is pretty decent. FOO is another good option considering the fact that you are running Kylo and Phasma.

I was thinking about Eeth, but how it stands now with the jedi counters I don't really want to work on him and risk having 3 (4 if i decide mace) jedis for a dooku/sid team to eat up since they're pretty prevalent.

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I have all those guys and have tinkered with all variations of this sort of stun/assist/counter team. They all get destroyed by the Poe/DPS teams out there. :(
    There is no room for defensive teams and they did nothing to fix this in the new patch. Made it worse, actually.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.