How to get rid of speed. Suggestion.

BulYwif
1977 posts Member
edited February 2017
It's really annoying that speed is almost the new meta and is so important in arena. A good team not having the good mods with speed will 75% of the time lose. We can see some toons with a 120 or 130 basic speed having a final 230-250 speed.

There is a stat on a mod which is for now not useful, the accuracy which does not have its counterpart. What if there will be a new stat Dodge that we could apply on the Arrow and/or the cross that will increase the Dodge chance for a toon. In that way, the Accuracy stat would become much more useless and we would have to leave the Arrow speed stat to the Arrow Accuracy stat to counter this Dodge stat.

Even with a good speed, attacks could be dodged more often and it will force users to invest in the Dodge and/or Accuracy stats mods.

For me, it's will be a good alternative to the dominant position of the speed stats in the mods.

Replies

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Weeeeee Dodge meta mach2
  • No more dodge meta's please, it was horrible. Personally I like the speed meta a lot more.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • At least , with speed meta, you can calculate and manipulate turn order. Way less random then dodge meta.
    But having bad mods sucks.
    It does whatever the meta is.
    Trying to switch the meta is not the answer, rebalancing mods is.
    But then everyone who invested in said mod would be **** off.
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    The 2 same teams in arena. Who wins? The fastest one. If one can dodge a bit (I don't mean a 50% chance of course), speed becomes more useless.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    BulYwif wrote: »
    The 2 same teams in arena. Who wins? The fastest one. If one can dodge a bit (I don't mean a 50% chance of course), speed becomes more useless.

That's what we need.... same 2 teams who wins....rng.....
  • If you were around since the first dodge meta and you know how annoying luminara and Ben were then you can ignore this post. That was before protection was introduced and people hadn't a reason to have luminara on their teams
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Iron_Zilla wrote: »
    If you were around since the first dodge meta and you know how annoying luminara and Ben were then you can ignore this post. That was before protection was introduced and people hadn't a reason to have luminara on their teams

This is why Dodge is a good counter to speed. I find more annoying to run after a mod with good primary or secondary speed than facing a Dooku, Ben lead and co.

Arena under top 50 is only speed, speed, speed. Toons and strategies come after.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    speed is and will always be important. I see no reason why speed shouldn't be a important stat. Having crappy mods isn't a reason why speed shouldn't be important.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I haven't said speed was not important. This is why basic speed is there. But seing some 250 speed toons IS ridiculous.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I haven't said speed was not important. This is why basic speed is there. But seing some 250 speed toons IS ridiculous.

Depends on the base speed.

Someone rocking over +110 mod speed has very likely payed for that advantage, I think that's ok.

What's not ok is a mod (dodge) that makes each fight dependent on RNG.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

"get rid of speed" made me think you meant something else.
    base speed without mods sucks btw, RNG deciding who goes first is not something we should want.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Speed isn't the problem, the problem is that there isn't enough strategy beyond going before your opponent. Speed on mods just makes it so you can race to the top of who goes first to avoid strategy.
  • Hmm a sidious who can never be hit. Great idea
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Maljr1980 wrote: »
    Hmm a sidious who can never be hit. Great idea

With OB lead and Han solo to give Evasion Up. And then use it for Cantina and borrow a Dooku lead.

And then cry because the AI is probably rigged to have 200% accuracy.
  • DrewR
    272 posts Member
    Too much already spent on getting SPD mods to change it and doge is bad because many players will have serious heart failure, money will go to hospital instead buying crystals.
    I believe making tanks useful is the only thing that can counter SPD. A tank suppose tanking with low ATK/support but with HUGE HP/PROT. Currently tanks don't work, not when dispels can work on tanks and some tanks simply can't taunt. Instead of tanks tanking, and all support/attackers gearing on them and aoe the rest. We are having support/attackers gearing on everything else but tanks. And that makes SPD super powerful.

• I was just thinking about this. I have the worst luck with finding good speed secondaries on mods. When I buy them from shipments, they rarely go over 10. There are people on my shard with all 20+ mods.