Hoth Rebel Scout - speed, turn meter manipulation, 11k hp, and stun

So I've gotten my Poe to 6 star and I'm looking to switch up my cantina shipments.

I was all ready to get on the QGJ train but I saw HOth rebel scout and his kit looks equally as tempting.

We all know Poe is running rampant in arena, and whoever's Poe goes first basically wins, but could HRS turn meter boost to all allies turn the tide for a come from behind win?

Does the chance of a turn meter boost outweigh the 75% damage assist from QGJ?

I think pairing HRS with a phasma led team and assist calling toons (GS, Biggs, etc) could swing things.

The alternative would be to hold on to cantina credits to see what comes with the next patch.

What's everyone's thoughts on him, does anyone have him at 6/7*?

Replies

• He sounds nice and for sure is not bad. I have him at 5* only but purple gear. Problem is when he does not crit with his special his dmg is poor. And on top his passive is useless untill lvl cap will be raised again.
    The chance for the team turn meter gain seems too low for me too justify his poor dmg.
    Might still be working well with a heavy assist squad and maxed out. I just would not put all ressources into him compared to other cantina shipment toons who seem more more useful as long as max lvl 70. Maybe better just farm his hard node untill you finished qgj. Think qgj helps you more to come back against Poe because of his buff (taunt) removal.
  • I'd suggest FOO if you want a different flavor. If you have Phasma, I think he's comparable to QGJ in speed, damage, and team support
  • l3end3r wrote: »
    I'd suggest FOO if you want a different flavor. If you have Phasma, I think he's comparable to QGJ in speed, damage, and team support

I tried FOO but didn't get him past 4 stars, was unimpressed but maybe I'll give him another go.
    Merilon wrote: »
    He sounds nice and for sure is not bad. I have him at 5* only but purple gear. Problem is when he does not crit with his special his dmg is poor. And on top his passive is useless untill lvl cap will be raised again.
    The chance for the team turn meter gain seems too low for me too justify his poor dmg.
    Might still be working well with a heavy assist squad and maxed out. I just would not put all ressources into him compared to other cantina shipment toons who seem more more useful as long as max lvl 70. Maybe better just farm his hard node untill you finished qgj. Think qgj helps you more to come back against Poe because of his buff (taunt) removal.

Thanks for the insight, low damage is a shame.
  • The pinning shot is suppose to proc 70 percent, but to me it seems more like 40 or 50 percent at best, anyonetc else care to share their thoughts about foo's pinning shot?.
  • I've heard with Phasma he is amazing. When the team has advantage up, I've heard he hits hard
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    The pinning shot is suppose to proc 70 percent, but to me it seems more like 40 or 50 percent at best, anyonetc else care to share their thoughts about foo's pinning shot?.

hi @Rogan_Ban84 my foo doesn't proc 70% of the time. it's rng at work, but out of 5 fights, it'll work 2-3 of them. could be a bad week for me so far. the difference of 15% turn meter is life and death for my team
    mighty chlorians
  • HI reizse!. Great, thx for the info.
  • Interesting, He might be able to counter Old Ben a bit as well... But is he worth that spot?
  • I like rebel scout I use him on my assist arena team - poggle ig88 GS lumi and HRS. Sometimes I try Poe instead of HRS. None of my characters is quite fully starred or geared but getting close. 20k team below 200 arena most times but it is a hard server. HRS turn meter gain is great. But I am worried he will become obsolete soon on this team.
  • Get on that qgj train! It's not the assist attack that shines. Humbling blow removes that taunt and at level 6? It gives offense up to your whole team. Big comebacks on the losses of Poe vs Poe rng.
  • Hoth Rebel Scout is good. I have him at 6 stars and purple gear.
    Put in Phasma, FOO, Rebel Sc, Teebo, and Ewok Elder

Those I have. I use in Gal War.
  • his special stun procs at more like 20%. I have been recoding the number of stuns. 6st level 70. again at the mercy of RNG.
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    He's pretty good. Put Sid as your lead and he'll crit plenty.

The turn meter gain is better than something like Greedo's double attack on crit because you can retarget. Its not wasted if you kill the target.
  • I think I'm going to save my credits for now, it's not like they pile up faster than I can use them anyways. thanks everyone for the responses.