Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• To the people stilllll crying about galactic wars..maybe you all should have worked on expanding your rosters instead of focusing on one team and worried about getting rank 1 in arena. I'm free to play have 30 7* toons and beat GWs everyday easily.

Just except the fact if you can't beat Gws...you're obviously not as good of a player like you think you are.
  • To the people stilllll crying about galactic wars..maybe you all should have worked on expanding your rosters instead of focusing on one team and worried about getting rank 1 in arena. I'm free to play have 30 7* toons and beat GWs everyday easily.

Just except the fact if you can't beat Gws...you're obviously not as good of a player like you think you are.

Maybe you should worry about yourself instead o trolling. I bet I have a deeper roster and better equipped teams than you and I still I have issues with GW. So unless you have something constructive to say quit trolling.
  • I will say tho that today's GW was balanced. Challenging but doable. I will give credit for the game today lol.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Those days, I find GW as expected. Challenging but not impossible. The last nodes of the last days were really hard, and I had to try several combination but succeeded. But of course, I sometimes get destroyed (ie when I fight a Wiggs, Bariss, GK and Fives).

I find GW more balanced than last year but maybe because my roster gains quality.
  • Cop1416 wrote: »
    To the people stilllll crying about galactic wars..maybe you all should have worked on expanding your rosters instead of focusing on one team and worried about getting rank 1 in arena. I'm free to play have 30 7* toons and beat GWs everyday easily.

Maybe you should worry about yourself instead o trolling. I bet I have a deeper roster and better equipped teams than you and I still I have issues with GW. So unless you have something constructive to say quit trolling.

If you have a deeper roster than me and still struggle with GWs lol..then you're doing it wrong. Vader(L),EP,TFP,Darth Maul and Savagge is the only team I use. There are days I beat it completely with just that one team. Other days I'll use my rebels to finish node 12. So yeah..I'm not trolling just saying the truth. Take your anger elsewhere cause you struggle with GWs still..cause that's not my problem.

To the people stilllll crying about galactic wars..maybe you all should have worked on expanding your rosters instead of focusing on one team and worried about getting rank 1 in arena. I'm free to play have 30 7* toons and beat GWs everyday easily.

If you have a deeper roster than me and still struggle with GWs lol..then you're doing it wrong. Vader(L),EP,TFP,Darth Maul and Savagge is the only team I use. There are days I beat it completely with just that one team. Other days I'll use my rebels to finish node 12. So yeah..I'm not trolling just saying the truth. Take your anger elsewhere cause you struggle with GWs still..cause that's not my problem.

You are trolling. And prob lying as well. Take your negative unuseful comments else where. Or don't. Just know we know your a troll.
  • HeresTheTruth
    480 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Cop1416 wrote: »

You are trolling. And prob lying as well. Take your negative unuseful comments else where. Or don't. Just know we know your a troll.

So I'm lying cause I'm f2p and beat GWs daily?

I stand by my original statement..just accept it..you're not as good as you think you are. And that's ok.

So I'm lying cause I'm f2p and beat GWs daily?

I stand by my original statement..just accept it..you're not as good as you think you are. And that's ok.

Never claimed to be good. Just good toons. Or at least decent. And no your prob. Lying in because your statements are probably not true. You probably are f2p.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member

No zeta on Vader? Just regular Vader? And savage? Really? Do you have a swgoh.gg account ? I'm curious to see your toons lol.
  • Sheytan
    91 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Maybe, just maybe, one of the devs will realise that the current algorithm for generating your opponents is not producing a consistently challenging experience for a lot of users.

Consistency is definitely a huge problem. Yesterday I completed it no problem - a few retreats to tweak buy it was doable. Today on node 11 my entire team was wiped in one turn from nearly full health without a chance to retreat when I faced wiggs, rey and lando 10 levels higher than mine with much better mods than me. I'm top 20 in arena, sometimes top 10. I shouldn't be facing a squad that can completely wipe my team in one turn.

With the power creep of newer toons and importance of mods, "power" is a less and less accurate way to measure difficulty.
    Post edited by Sheytan on
  • Sad but glad to see I'm not alone. If there is one thing that is causing the hate to flow and desire to rage quite it's GW and the insanity of the opposition at times. To complete all aspects of the daily grind can take hours with GW taking way to long. As I feel compelled to complete every daily item every day this one element makes me scream at times. It needs some rethinking to make it actually, dare I say, FUN.
    I do have to say though that after using 5 or 6 squads, or more at times, to finally pick away at an almost impossible to beat team and finally succeed is rewarding, but it takes way to long. Of course when that team is node 11 and you're out of gas for node 12, it isn't so pleasant.
    I only ask they don't pit you against insane teams, challenging yes, insane=desire to rage quite; if it wasn't Star Wars I most likely would have moved on from this game by now.
    But it's STAR WARS!!
  • How does one do multiple galactic wars a day. My timer resets at midnight and if I finished it that day, I can't restart another one until after midnight. When war nodes are our guild activity, I notice some get more than 24. I can't guild chat because I guess I set up a minor account, otherwise I'd ask my guildmates.

Here's how it works: My GW timer resets at midnight. Guild payout is at 8:30 pm.

Monday: Reset GW. Enter the first node and retreat. You get credit for the GW daily, but you haven't completed any nodes. Complete no nodes on Monday. At midnight the reset becomes available, but the GW you started is still available to be completed.

Tuesday: At any time, enter the first node and retreat to complete the daily. But complete no nodes until guild payout. After guild payout when it starts counting the nodes for guild, run through GW using the GW you started on Monday. Be sure to complete before midnight and then reset. You can run more nodes now if you wish, but you have to be sure to use Tuesday's reset before midnight on Tuesday.

Wednesday: Finish up Tuesday's GW, reset, and do Wednesday's GW before guild payout.

You can get credit for up to 36 nodes this way.
  • Maybe, just maybe, one of the devs will realise that the current algorithm for generating your opponents is not producing a consistently challenging experience for a lot of users. Instead of basing opponent power on the power of your top 5 toons, might it be better to base it on the average of your top 10?

That may help, but the real problem is that power rating is a poor way to measure the strength of a team. It doesn't take into account any synergy among team member (explicit or otherwise). It doesn't seem to factor in speed very well. It overvalues health and protection. And it doesn't seem to consider leadership ability.

So lower powered teams can actually be very deadly.
  • AnonymousMeh
    357 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Traybor wrote: »
    Maybe, just maybe, one of the devs will realise that the current algorithm for generating your opponents is not producing a consistently challenging experience for a lot of users. Instead of basing opponent power on the power of your top 5 toons, might it be better to base it on the average of your top 10?

That may help, but the real problem is that power rating is a poor way to measure the strength of a team. It doesn't take into account any synergy among team member (explicit or otherwise). It doesn't seem to factor in speed very well. It overvalues health and protection. And it doesn't seem to consider leadership ability.

So lower powered teams can actually be very deadly.

Speaking of synergy for gw teams. My arena team is at 39,108. Node 12 today had the following opponents with no zeta upgrades:

Lumi 7* g10
    Yoda 7* g10
    Barriss 7* g11
    Savage 7* g10
    Chewie 7* g11

That team is a joke compared to some that I have faced in the past.
    Edit: fixed the gear level for savage.
  • Hello everyone recently I had an idea of being able to restart GW with tokens now I simply think you should be able to do it with crystals and if you decide to do it the rewards would be greater but it would be far more difficult to accomplish finishing the new GW and your characters would not get a refresh. bronze cards I think these need a slight update. Maybe less items showing up that you don't need, or add the chance to obtain other types of currency ship credits, GW credits, PvP credits etc. And add ship shards as well. It's kind of silly that they only go to 4 for buying stacks of shards but characters are bought in stacks of 5. And though there is a limit on what characters and shards are obtainable, regardless they're still in there. And lastly maybe add some ability materials, of course you wouldn't be able to get zeta, omega or anything like that but at least 1 purple, blue, or green mats. One more thing I've read people talking about is being able to challenge friends or guild Mates to friendly duels to test out teams either in real time or how they do it now with pvp. It could be in the guild activities and would be something fun that would bring guilds together maybe even grant tickets. I would also love to see a raid involving ships and maybe a spectate option on raids to watch your mates strategy instead of them having to explain how they do things. Let me know what you guys think. Might be back to add more ideas. Thanks for reading :)
  • HeresTheTruth
    480 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Mullato wrote: »

No zeta on Vader? Just regular Vader? And savage? Really? Do you have a swgoh.gg account ? I'm curious to see your toons lol.

Yes really...i guess you haven't played Maul much lately. Absolute beast in GW. 100% ftp and I always beat GW zero problems despite what anyone else says.

Post edited by HeresTheTruth on
  • @HeresTheTruth I wouldn't say I have zero problem completing GW but I complete it all the time as an FTP. I just storm through it with Wiggdo + EP+ Boba. If I need to use my B team then it's Phasma, Rey, 5's, Leia, and Lumi. That's forgetting my G9 Vader for kicks lol
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Um, isn't this the same argument you had in the other post from January 31st that you deleted a few moments ago? I'm not saying what you're saying is a bad idea but why the duplicate (maybe it's not a duplicate to be fair, just seems to be very similar to me).
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • phatphil3 wrote: »
    @HeresTheTruth I wouldn't say I have zero problem completing GW but I complete it all the time as an FTP. I just storm through it with Wiggdo + EP+ Boba. If I need to use my B team then it's Phasma, Rey, 5's, Leia, and Lumi. That's forgetting my G9 Vader for kicks lol

I agree. Free to play players can beat GWs. I'm not saying there won't be days where it is more challenging. But with the "Right" toons and the "Right" strategies it can be done.

I think a lot of the complaints are coming from people that really don't fully understand what it is they are even doing. Then they wonder why after thousands of complaints GWs still remains the way it is today.

It's not the devs responsibility to make their game easier...a lot of the blame has to go back on the players. They need to farm better toons, gear them up and make a few really good teams so as they can have multiple ways to achieve completing GWs. That's why I said people need to accept the fact that they are not as good as they think they are. Truth hurts sometimes. But once they accept it and put in the time needed to farm toons, gear etc...then and only then they will be able to complete it everyday w/o any more failures. Til then the GW pages and complaints of it being too hard will only continue to add up.

Phatphil is another example of a f2p player that also beats GWs. So for anyone else disagreeing and still having problems, I don't know what else there is to say.
  • phatphil3 wrote: »
    @HeresTheTruth I wouldn't say I have zero problem completing GW but I complete it all the time as an FTP. I just storm through it with Wiggdo + EP+ Boba. If I need to use my B team then it's Phasma, Rey, 5's, Leia, and Lumi. That's forgetting my G9 Vader for kicks lol

I agree. Free to play players can beat GWs. I'm not saying there won't be days where it is more challenging. But with the "Right" toons and the "Right" strategies it can be done.

I think a lot of the complaints are coming from people that really don't fully understand what it is they are even doing. Then they wonder why after thousands of complaints GWs still remains the way it is today.

It's not the devs responsibility to make their game easier...a lot of the blame has to go back on the players. They need to farm better toons, gear them up and make a few really good teams so as they can have multiple ways to achieve completing GWs. That's why I said people need to accept the fact that they are not as good as they think they are. Truth hurts sometimes. But once they accept it and put in the time needed to farm toons, gear etc...then and only then they will be able to complete it everyday w/o any more failures. Til then the GW pages and complaints of it being too hard will only continue to add up.

Phatphil is another example of a f2p player that also beats GWs. So for anyone else disagreeing and still having problems, I don't know what else there is to say.

Hahaha trolling still. You don't know what people have or don't have. Just because you're prob a developer trying to bring confidence back to your side doesn't mean your right. Your wrong. This many complaints is a good indication. Most don't say they are gods gift to this game. That's just you assuming. But the first three letters of that word describe u and your attitude pretty well.
  • Mullato wrote: »

Yes really...i guess you haven't played Maul much lately. Absolute beast in GW. Go check my account on Swgoh.gg SithMindTricks. 100% ftp and I always beat GW zero problems despite what anyone else says.

So 100% f2p after paying to level up and get toons?
  • Now I've looked at the roster @Cop1416 has and if I had to face his team in GW I would definitely struggle. I am just assuming he's playing against much harder teams than I am. So I didn't mean to brag just stating that I don't think GW needs fixing. It says it's supposed to be a challenge and it is for a large majority of the player base.
  • Maljr1980
    493 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    No. Refresh galactic war for 50 crystals and receive 200k+ credits, or buy 66k credits for 85 crystals in the store. Why would they let you do this? Not to mention mk3 ability mats
  • DrewR
    272 posts Member
    I believe it comes out to about 499 crystals per refresh.
  • The idea of refreshing GW is awful for the f2p players.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Mullato wrote: »

Yes really...i guess you haven't played Maul much lately. Absolute beast in GW. Go check my account on Swgoh.gg SithMindTricks. 100% ftp and I always beat GW zero problems despite what anyone else says.

Oh I see, why not use palp as lead instead of Vader? And man you are in serious need of gear lol. What tier rancor do you run?
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    phatphil3 wrote: »

https://swgoh.gg/u/mullato/

I'm also a 100℅ f2p player that completes GW everyday easily. I usually only run my Jedi team through and end on node 12 with full health still. It's definitely not impossible for f2p, you just have to basically know what you're doing and invest smartly.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    dark side (empire/sith) are good for GW because of the lots of lumi's eeth's qgj's and rebels that are in the nodes
  • personally i think GW is working just fine the way it is. i complete it usually once a day sometimes twice depending on my last reset was.