Arena help/ideas against Rex lead

Hello all!

This post is not to complain but simply to ask advice.

I had believed Rex lead teams to be out of META but two teams have me and a few of my shard mates bested.

There is a Rex lead team as follows:

Rex (6*) G11 215
TFP (7*) G11 257
Boba (7*) G11 237
Anakin (7*) G11 223
G. Ken (5*) G11 209

It is a very effective squad. Two ability blockers, two cleansers, 3AOE, taunt, etc.

This team has been sitting at number 1 for the last 3 days and has only budged once that I have seen and that was when his TFP only had 240 something speed.

So, I won't go into complete detail on my roster but I don't have Rex, or Anakin at a sufficient gear/level nor do I even have GK unlocked.

Have you faced a squad like this or similar and how do you approach it?

Also, there is another squad with almost the same comp but with Baze rather than GK. This player's mods also aren't quite as good with an average of 15-20 speed less for the respective toons. He is currently sitting at 3 though he can get bumped down a little more easily.

Replies

• Interesting team
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Hate to say this but you are going to need a faster Boba or Zader team, Shore or Baze, B2 or TFP for buff immunity. Or you can go Rebels....
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    B2 and EP will help beat this team a lot, but without a cleanser yourself it's going to be very difficult. By no means is Rex out of the meta, he's fairly meta-proof, and you can easily farm him now too.
  • Meerava wrote: »
    B2 and EP will help beat this team a lot, but without a cleanser yourself it's going to be very difficult. By no means is Rex out of the meta, he's fairly meta-proof, and you can easily farm him now too.

I have him at 5* G7 so he's a ways off being anything.

For the record, I run an EP lead team with TFP, Boba, Ventress, and RG.

I've tried switching out Shoretrooper for RG and Shore for Ventress with no luck.

I don't have B2 unfortunately.

I can get my own TFP up to 256 speed but still slower than his by 1, lol. Even when he goes first it doesn't change much.

I can't get any traction because he has two cleansers and TFP needs debuffs to hit harder and keep foresight.

Other guys in my shard have Zeta QGJ team with B2 and don't have much more luck.

It's a head scratcher. Zeta Vader would probably be my best bet when I can ever start collecting Zeta's.