Deathtrooper concern

Prev1
Is he useful without Krennic in Arena? Because he seems a slow character. If so, what is the better combination to put him.
I'm thinking on:
Palp(L)
Vader/RG (my TFP is not ready yet)
Shore
Boba
DT
What do you guys think? Would he help?

Replies

• MasterMasterTimelord
    1140 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Ps: Vader or RG?
  • RG is good to stun & keep toons alive when they drop in health. But Vader is damage. For arena with a 5 min limit I would say Vader but it might depend on how leveled your Vader is.
  • I am waiting to see how the last DT/Krennic event goes before investing. Waiting will also give time for people with more in-game resources to level and gear him, preventing me from investing in a toon I will end up not using.
  • I just wasted three battles with him. Used palp lead, boba, shore, TFP, and him. First yes he is too slow. I had to remove my mods from TFP for him and he was still too slow.
    Second, he is way too inconsistent with his abilities. Attacked baze and he only attacked once even though baze is a rebel. Attacked chirrut more than a few times and not once did daze proc even when he had tenacity down on him (I checked and his tenacity was 32%).
  • Trying to gear them, ran out of some purple Krenic needs, and no Raid Gear on-hand.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Is he useful without Krennic in Arena? Because he seems a slow character. If so, what is the better combination to put him.
    I'm thinking on:
    Palp(L)
    Vader/RG (my TFP is not ready yet)
    Shore
    Boba
    DT
    What do you guys think? Would he help?

Among that group of toons, I would probably put Krennic in there as support under a Palpy lead with Shore, RG, Deathtrooper and Vader. Palpy's potency and max health boost would really help Krennic and Deathtrooper.

RG and Shoretrooper would help protect them since they both are kind of squishy.

I am running Deathtrooper by himself under a Zader lead with TFP, General Kenobi, and Shoretrooper. Shoretrooper and GK help to keep him alive with their taunts and crit immunity buffs.

I just took 1st place today for the first time in a long while in Arena.

My concern about Krennic is that he is squishier than Deathtrooper. DT has about 51k health and protection combined at max gear (per SWGOH.gg) and Krennic only has about 33k.

Vader has about 56k health and protection max so he is a much more beefier toon and his lead works extremely well for Deathtrooper.

Once maxed out, Deathtrooper looks like he will fit in well in my Empire squad.
  • Fair warning DT and krennic are bugged bad right now so think about investing. DT is the more broken toon but it's pretty bad check out the bugs section
  • Darlex11
    235 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I have my DT up to G9 and have been running him with Palp (L), TFP, Boba, DT, Shore with pretty decent success (top 5 in a Aug/young shard). My primary problem is needing more gear to make up for the stars and low hp pool. He doesn't do alot of damage and you dont get the benefits of deathmark until you have killed someone but his Daze/doubleattack/stun has been pretty consistent for me and he does move at a decent pace under palp lead once he gets to finally go once. The TM from laying debuffs helps and his aoe dispell is also useful. For now he has replaced Sun Fac and I dont miss the extra tank (should get better as his gear climbs and I can hopefully eventually star him up) but I can see Krennic needing a double tank to help with surviving things.
  • MasterMasterTimelord
    1140 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Tks for the tips. So, would be DT a good addition to this squad?

Ps: Palp's leadership can help
  • xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Fair warning DT and krennic are bugged bad right now so think about investing. DT is the more broken toon but it's pretty bad check out the bugs section

Lol it's so bad. But apparently we aren't allowed to say it. They know though. Kooziepoon has acknowledged it.

All of his abilities have at least 1 bug.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Fair warning DT and krennic are bugged bad right now so think about investing. DT is the more broken toon but it's pretty bad check out the bugs section

Lol it's so bad. But apparently we aren't allowed to say it. They know though. Kooziepoon has acknowledged it.

I'd expect a hot fix real soon. If people know he's bugged they won't spend on the packs. Cg is amazing at fixing bugs when potential money is involved.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Darthbinks wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »
    xReDeMpx wrote: »

I'd expect a hot fix real soon. If people know he's bugged they won't spend on the packs. Cg is amazing at fixing bugs when potential money is involved.

True but it is the weekend and the Super Bowl. I expect the patch to come through Tuesday.

Also because he was a copy paste toon for the most part I think they Fuarked up a lot in their middle tier. My game hardly loads if I have DT in my squad.
  • DT is great and worth the gear. Krennic is lackluster. I have them both gear 11. I've tried really hard to make krennic work but he doesn't buy DT is plug and play.
  • Skykraker wrote: »
    DT is great and worth the gear. Krennic is lackluster. I have them both gear 11. I've tried really hard to make krennic work but he doesn't buy DT is plug and play.

I wouldn't pass judgement on Krennic until we see how they are intended to work. But DT is by far the better toon. He will benefit more from the patch too and he is already better. I don't even need to gear Krennic to see that.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Skykraker wrote: »
    DT is great and worth the gear. Krennic is lackluster. I have them both gear 11. I've tried really hard to make krennic work but he doesn't buy DT is plug and play.

I wouldn't pass judgement on Krennic until we see how they are intended to work. But DT is by far the better toon. He will benefit more from the patch too and he is already better. I don't even need to gear Krennic to see that.

Agreed. Krennic is a wait and see.

Krennic revives DT, has stagger, and an extremely powerful basic and special. Not sure what more could you want.

Krennic revives DT, has stagger, and an extremely powerful basic and special. Not sure what more could you want.

And he's only 3 star... Toons shouldn't be so competitive at such low stars but cg has messed that up lately with the rogue one toons. He will probably be a very good toon at 7*, just not grossly op like chaze.

It's hard to judge toons when they still need to make
    1) DT to actually double tap on all rebels
    2) DT's daze to stick around for the stated time
    3)DT's grenade to dispell all debuffs
    4)Krennics ability block to proc when expected.
    5) DT not to completely disappear from the battle and take another toon with him. (My guess this last one is a symptom of the other four. There was probably some sort of a fatal error and the game just said "forget it these toons are just gone so the whole match doesn't blow up.")
  • Tks! Concerning the bugs, they will probably be fixed very quickly, I guess
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Tks! Concerning the bugs, they will probably be fixed very quickly, I guess

Unless any of them have to do with stealth :smiley:

Krennic is soo slow and with low hp as support toon he dies before or just after dt so reviving dt isn't really that viable of an option.

Krennic needs to go first to get use of stagger otherwise it expires immediately. so unless you can get him to 260 270 to go before their teams Boba or Palpatine your basical wasting space with him.

He is too slow to be effective in arena at 3 stars. And more stars won't make him faster or buff his abilities.

Dt 3 stars on other hand I can compete top 10 arena plug him in and play he already got nerfed once "death mark" and he is still good

I certainly hope so but then I look at the bug section and I lose hope for a quick solution.

It's not a big deal when it is just 1 bug. The rule is probably in place it just fails so it drops a line and continues the battle. The problem is when it hits multiple bugs at once. The systems probably drops multiple lines that are failing (or even entire blocks) and then it doesn't know where to pick back up.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Tks! Concerning the bugs, they will probably be fixed very quickly, I guess

Unless any of them have to do with stealth :smiley:

:D ....SO true

Krennic is soo slow and with low hp as support toon he dies before or just after dt so reviving dt isn't really that viable of an option.

Krennic needs to go first to get use of stagger otherwise it expires immediately. so unless you can get him to 260 270 to go before their teams Boba or Palpatine your basical wasting space with him.

He is too slow to be effective in arena at 3 stars. And more stars won't make him faster or buff his abilities.

Dt 3 stars on other hand I can compete top 10 arena plug him in and play he already got nerfed once "death mark" and he is still good

Remember Krennic grants DT insane TM when attacked too. And Krennic can't be critically hit, so he isn't as squishy as his health makes him look. I don't understand why people don't love Krennic. Even if he gets ability blocked because he is slow his basic has a nearly 10k base. He's outstanding.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

Remember Krennic grants DT insane TM when attacked too. And Krennic can't be critically hit, so he isn't as squishy as his health makes him look. I don't understand why people don't love Krennic. Even if he gets ability blocked because he is slow his basic has a nearly 10k base. He's outstanding.

That requires a zeta though. IMO something to wait on to see if it is even worth it.
  • Your debuffer should be slow....with your best mods I don't think the what 20 speed lite he is make a huge difference. I'm going with as much protection as I can. More death marks.
  • Was reading other threads, death trooper definitely has huge bugs!

I'm tired of dispel not working at all. And sometimes don't inflict death mark, so annoying.

I really hope CG fix these very soon! Just don't sound right put this new pack up knowing the issues.
  • scuba wrote: »

That requires a zeta though. IMO something to wait on to see if it is even worth it.

I have DT zeta, krennic is useless.I've tried really hard to make him viable but he isn't period. For top 5 meta DT works but krennic is terrible. After 20+ battles with trying to make krennic viable and losing almost every single one I give up. There are better toons to use for sure.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    scuba wrote: »

I have DT zeta, krennic is useless.I've tried really hard to make him viable but he isn't period. For top 5 meta DT works but krennic is terrible. After 20+ battles with trying to make krennic viable and losing almost every single one I give up. There are better toons to use for sure.

I think we still need to wait to see just how beastly DT gets with all the fixes to judge Krennic. I didn't gear him because he looked like garbage to me from the start but it is silly to judge him now when his Gaurd Dog has rubber teeth and he has 1 hand tied behind his back.