Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    How about a free gw refresh with no rewards. Give me some game time!
  • Mullato wrote: »
    Mullato wrote: »
    Cop1416 wrote: »
    To the people stilllll crying about galactic wars..maybe you all should have worked on expanding your rosters instead of focusing on one team and worried about getting rank 1 in arena. I'm free to play have 30 7* toons and beat GWs everyday easily.

Just except the fact if you can't beat Gws...you're obviously not as good of a player like you think you are.

Maybe you should worry about yourself instead o trolling. I bet I have a deeper roster and better equipped teams than you and I still I have issues with GW. So unless you have something constructive to say quit trolling.

If you have a deeper roster than me and still struggle with GWs lol..then you're doing it wrong. Vader(L),EP,TFP,Darth Maul and Savagge is the only team I use. There are days I beat it completely with just that one team. Other days I'll use my rebels to finish node 12. So yeah..I'm not trolling just saying the truth. Take your anger elsewhere cause you struggle with GWs still..cause that's not my problem.

No zeta on Vader? Just regular Vader? And savage? Really? Do you have a swgoh.gg account ? I'm curious to see your toons lol.

Yes really...i guess you haven't played Maul much lately. Absolute beast in GW. Go check my account on Swgoh.gg SithMindTricks. 100% ftp and I always beat GW zero problems despite what anyone else says.

Oh I see, why not use palp as lead instead of Vader? And man you are in serious need of gear lol. What tier rancor do you run?

I play this account here and not enough to join a main guild to make sure i donate my 600/600 energy. But the underlining point i was trying to make is that a free to play player can beat GWs as long as they have the right toons. That @Cop1416 kid doesnt understand this obviuosly.
  • HeresTheTruth
    480 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Mullato wrote: »
    To the people stilllll crying about galactic wars..maybe you all should have worked on expanding your rosters instead of focusing on one team and worried about getting rank 1 in arena. I'm free to play have 30 7* toons and beat GWs everyday easily.

Just except the fact if you can't beat Gws...you're obviously not as good of a player like you think you are.

Maybe you should worry about yourself instead o trolling. I bet I have a deeper roster and better equipped teams than you and I still I have issues with GW. So unless you have something constructive to say quit trolling.

If you have a deeper roster than me and still struggle with GWs lol..then you're doing it wrong. Vader(L),EP,TFP,Darth Maul and Savagge is the only team I use. There are days I beat it completely with just that one team. Other days I'll use my rebels to finish node 12. So yeah..I'm not trolling just saying the truth. Take your anger elsewhere cause you struggle with GWs still..cause that's not my problem.

No zeta on Vader? Just regular Vader? And savage? Really? Do you have a swgoh.gg account ? I'm curious to see your toons lol.

Yes really...i guess you haven't played Maul much lately. Absolute beast in GW. Go check my account on Swgoh.gg SithMindTricks. 100% ftp and I always beat GW zero problems despite what anyone else says.

So 100% f2p after paying to level up and get toons?

https://swgoh.gg/g/2205/tough-as-nails/

I didnt know what toons you had or didnt have but now i do. So i put the link for everyone to see.

Impressive roster. It must really bum you out to spend all that money and still cry about GWs being too hard. Having 70 7* toons and you still have problms with GWs is because you dont know what you are doing. Maybe spend less time spending and trying to buy your way to the top and more time reading abilites, managing your cooldowns, etc.

Youve said i was a probably a developer lol. You said im f2p(after i spent money levling toons) lol and im also a troll. Well if i am a troll why bother responding? Arent you suppose to not feed the trolls?
    I get it though, ive hit a nerve. A 100% ftp player can beat GWs any time i want and a person who payed money to get over 70 7* toons cant...lol. Id be ashamed to say i have so many toons and still struggle beating something on this game.

Moral of the story..its possible to spend tons of money and have tons of toons and still not know how to play this game. At the same time it is possible to be f2p and know exactly what you're doing.
  • Jetlife wrote: »

Ughhh GW is so mandatory and boring xd
  • how is it mandatory??
  • How does one do multiple galactic wars a day. My timer resets at midnight and if I finished it that day, I can't restart another one until after midnight. When war nodes are our guild activity, I notice some get more than 24. I can't guild chat because I guess I set up a minor account, otherwise I'd ask my guildmates.

You have to hold off on GW for a day, then do 2 in one day, then do the 3rd after the next midnight reset, before Guild Activities reset (whatever time that is for you, for me in Australia it's 10:30 am).
  • I am so tired of loosing in the GW, is not fun any more, no matter how much I gear or how much I spend is useless. The leyend should say "Have fun by loosing in GW" this is no challenge this is unfair
  • Did something happen? This is the first time being in this forum and reading up some of the comments here on GW. Reason why I ask if something did change with GW is because about 3 days ago it felt like I could get through 10-11 nodes with my Droid B team at level 59 (At the time):

HK-47 Lead

Poggle The Lesser

IG-86

IG-88

IG-100 Magnaguard (Reason why I picked/leveled him up was because he was the only available droid I had and his counterattack with the turn meter reduction AOE does make him merit for the time being)

This team was fast enough and can hit really hard. Once I got to the 10th-12th, it does run out of steam in which I bring in my A team.

Phasma Lead

Boba Fett

Red Guard

Clone Wars Chewie

Jedi Consular

I know it looks really mixed, but it's a mix of characters I've had from the beginning to ones that are either my favorite (Boba Fett) and/or ones that actually help A LOT (Captain Phasma.)

Got off track here, anyway with these two teams I regularly beat GW, but about 3 days ago I started losing. Mainly because I keep running into counter teams with Dooku or Fives who shred up my Droids before they got halfway or I run into more powerful teams in the end that shreds everything up before I can get my ground game going with Phasma and Boba. So again, did something change or did things get very hard once I crossed over into the 60's level?
  • Did something happen? This is the first time being in this forum and reading up some of the comments here on GW. Reason why I ask if something did change with GW is because about 3 days ago it felt like I could get through 10-11 nodes with my Droid B team at level 59 (At the time):

HK-47 Lead

Poggle The Lesser

IG-86

IG-88

IG-100 Magnaguard (Reason why I picked/leveled him up was because he was the only available droid I had and his counterattack with the turn meter reduction AOE does make him merit for the time being)

This team was fast enough and can hit really hard. Once I got to the 10th-12th, it does run out of steam in which I bring in my A team.

Phasma Lead

Boba Fett

Red Guard

Clone Wars Chewie

Jedi Consular

I know it looks really mixed, but it's a mix of characters I've had from the beginning to ones that are either my favorite (Boba Fett) and/or ones that actually help A LOT (Captain Phasma.)

Got off track here, anyway with these two teams I regularly beat GW, but about 3 days ago I started losing. Mainly because I keep running into counter teams with Dooku or Fives who shred up my Droids before they got halfway or I run into more powerful teams in the end that shreds everything up before I can get my ground game going with Phasma and Boba. So again, did something change or did things get very hard once I crossed over into the 60's level?

You leveled up, so it got harder. Use RG to stun those counter guys and dispose of them early, don't leave them til last.
    Also, you really need to have at least 3 teams in GW. Put each one in through the first few nodes to set up TM (turn meter). Really helps later on.

I have a very similar Geo/Droid team and they're damage is great, but health is a big issue with 86 and 88.

Once you get closer to level 70 I'd suggest switching to Lumi rather than JC, she's just way better.
  • I need only 5 min. per day. Its easy so: Wedge (l), Biggs, Sun Fac, Lando, Ackbar. I haven't any problems..
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Some players just want things put on a plate for them and not prepared to work hard.

You do realize with the algorithm they use it is possible for someone to always get over the top enemies?
    Orleans wrote: »
    I need only 5 min. per day. Its easy so: Wedge (l), Biggs, Sun Fac, Lando, Ackbar. I haven't any problems..

How would your team handle GK (L), Chirrut, Baze, Zarriss and B2? Don't you realize how utterly ridiculous your comment was?
  • I rarely post but it's getting a little insane.. Im F2P and got a fully maxed Baze, Vader, 5's, Shore and Palps lead. Theres no way my entire roster with full protection could do anything with that
  • Naw wrote: »
    Some players just want things put on a plate for them and not prepared to work hard.

You do realize with the algorithm they use it is possible for someone to always get over the top enemies?
    Orleans wrote: »
    I need only 5 min. per day. Its easy so: Wedge (l), Biggs, Sun Fac, Lando, Ackbar. I haven't any problems..

How would your team handle GK (L), Chirrut, Baze, Zarriss and B2? Don't you realize how utterly ridiculous your comment was?

Also. ;) I'm only level 70 and currently <3 have no problems. Of course, this changes soon. My gosh
  • I'm level 70, and node 12 is all level 85 Palp, Vader, RG, Boba, Sidious. Mods are much better than mine. I'm dead after Palp and Boba go off. Fun.

My team is 5 Jedi, all 7* except Yoda who is 6* until next week. Fully geared for their level, and my mods are decent for level 70, which means not great since I need to farm shards from Cantina with a lot of the energy. I place top 10 and top 20 in arena with this squad very consistently, but even when I end every node with full health and cooldowns all ready for the next node, some of these nodes are too tough, and I don't even have a chance.

Some days I'm done with GW easily in 20-30 minutes. Some days I make it to 12 but can't quite beat it. Some days I'm stopped at node 9 by an unbeatable brick wall. Maybe calculate mod power differently, weigh synergy differently, change the power calculation for new, more powerful toons, or base the difficulty off level instead of character power? Something needs to change.
  • Beatable sometimes but mostly impossible. How the heck was I supposed to go with 4*/5* lv52 (max for me back then) and g7 (+ one g8) against a team of 60 lvl, 7* characters (Rey, Dooku, someone else)?
  • Nodes 9-12 were arena teams today. Node 9 droids with hk (l), b2, je and igs. Node 10 wiggs with landakin and han. Node 11 wiggs, Palpatine and baze. Node 12 empire team. My top 5 tools have a total power of 48k. The gear wall is the problem. I just usually stop after I see the node 12 lineup. Silly is the only way to describe this without violating ToS.
  • Jetlife wrote: »

Vs arena teams only.
    (A practice arena sort of speak).
    That would be great.
  • I am 100% FTP. I also struggled with GW for a long period of time, pretty much from the update to about 2 months ago. However I do now regularly beat GW no matter what I run into on 6 9 11 and 12. The key for me was prepping for the tank raid. I have been improving droids, Jedi, jawas, empire/sith, and rebels for the different phases of tank raid. Plus I had my old rancor squad with teebo 5s EE rey and I usually throw cad in with this squad. Currently, the toons I use are all 7*, fully 5* modded, gear mostly 9s and 10s with a few 11s. No zetas.

So i use the following squads
    Node 1:
    Jedi with IGD lead

Node 2:
    Wiggs rebels with wedge lead

Node 3:
    Sith/Empire with EP lead

Node 4:
    Teebo EE 5s Rey Cad

Node 5-12 if I can:
    HK IG88 IG86 JE Nebit

If the droids can't carry me all the way thru, they should get me at least a good chunk of the way thru 11. And I now have 4 squads with good synergy and TM advantage to finish off the last node to node and a half.

The only other suggestion I have is try not to improve your top 5 overall toons while improving these other squads as it will increase difficulty of GW.

Hopefully this can help anyone who is willing to put in the time. It is a slow grind but you are gonna need to do if you ever want to do heroic tank raid anyway.

• https://swgoh.gg/g/2205/tough-as-nails/

I didnt know what toons you had or didnt have but now i do. So i put the link for everyone to see.

Impressive roster. It must really bum you out to spend all that money and still cry about GWs being too hard. Having 70 7* toons and you still have problms with GWs is because you dont know what you are doing. Maybe spend less time spending and trying to buy your way to the top and more time reading abilites, managing your cooldowns, etc.

Youve said i was a probably a developer lol. You said im f2p(after i spent money levling toons) lol and im also a troll. Well if i am a troll why bother responding? Arent you suppose to not feed the trolls?
    I get it though, ive hit a nerve. A 100% ftp player can beat GWs any time i want and a person who payed money to get over 70 7* toons cant...lol. Id be ashamed to say i have so many toons and still struggle beating something on this game.

Moral of the story..its possible to spend tons of money and have tons of toons and still not know how to play this game. At the same time it is possible to be f2p and know exactly what you're doing.

LOL I am dying this is too funny. Look at his arena team. No wonder he can't beat GW.

From his arena lineup of Wiggs, Leia, Lando and HRS, it's clear he doesn't know how to put the right team in. He also isn't using his resources correctly in more than one way. I typically help people but I'd rather him continue complaining and use his account as an example. It is funny because he actually ended up helping everyone quite a bit in this thread. LOL only not the way he thought he would.

I beat GW daily with the same 5 G11 toons, sometimes I put in a few lesser toons to mess around. That's all you need. It's easy. All you have to do is pick the right 5 for GW.
  • Sheytan
    91 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Level 71 now. Again node 12 was all level 85s with higher gear levels and better mods. EP (L), Vader, Lando, Sidious, Lumi. So much AoE damage from EP, Sidious and Lando.. My top 20 arena Jedi team, starting at full health with all cooldowns available, gets completely melted. Yoda's battle med doesn't matter when the damage without the dots destroys me and Lando comes in to finish everybody off.

Why am I facing people that have been playing for months longer than me? Why are we punished for making our characters stronger?

Base this on character levels already, at least until level 85. Let us be rewarded for making our characters stronger, not punished for it with ridiculously difficult, unbeatable GWs. It used to be the most fun part of playing the game, and now it's just a crap shoot.

I've changed my Google Play Store review of this game to reflect the experience I've had with the game. I suggest everybody else does that. With 6.5k replies here, it could certainly affect the overall rating a bit. Maybe they'll take notice eventually. This thread obviously isn't an effective avenue to promote change.
  • Traybor wrote: »
    How does one do multiple galactic wars a day. My timer resets at midnight and if I finished it that day, I can't restart another one until after midnight. When war nodes are our guild activity, I notice some get more than 24. I can't guild chat because I guess I set up a minor account, otherwise I'd ask my guildmates.

Here's how it works: My GW timer resets at midnight. Guild payout is at 8:30 pm.

Monday: Reset GW. Enter the first node and retreat. You get credit for the GW daily, but you haven't completed any nodes. Complete no nodes on Monday. At midnight the reset becomes available, but the GW you started is still available to be completed.

Tuesday: At any time, enter the first node and retreat to complete the daily. But complete no nodes until guild payout. After guild payout when it starts counting the nodes for guild, run through GW using the GW you started on Monday. Be sure to complete before midnight and then reset. You can run more nodes now if you wish, but you have to be sure to use Tuesday's reset before midnight on Tuesday.

Wednesday: Finish up Tuesday's GW, reset, and do Wednesday's GW before guild payout.

You can get credit for up to 36 nodes this way.

Thanks, I will do that next time
  • I've been playing just under a month now and have completed GW around half the time. Never 3 in a row. I think a deep roster is definitely key. I had to sacrifice my arena squad one payout tier, but while I'm laid off, I enjoy the stategy and have the time to spend grinding it out. At level 63 tho, my entire squad was wiped by a level 77 team with Rey, Boba, Old Ben, StH, and RG. I have read the horror stories of the older players, and dread when I don't have the time to spend grinding it out. I want to focus on ships as well so it is important to keep getting the 1200 tokens. At least my roster has been good enough to always secure at least 800.
  • bstngs
    4 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Honestly - FIX the last stage of Galactic War. It ruins the game and doesn't make it fun. It's the main way to grab money and credits to increase the abilities of a team. Just fix it. This is flat out ridiculous. It takes an otherwise fun game and makes it infuriating to play. It's a scenario that isn't just challenging, but impossible. Regardless of strategy, you can't even go, the turns are so in favor of whatever scenario concocted by the last stage team. Seriously, fix it. This makes the game turn into a notion of those that have a lot will continue to get a lot and those who don't won't have the opportunity. I understand the game is pay to play for some and you need to make money, but show a little sensitivity to the environment in the world and try to understand the heart of Star Wars - that there is a shot for the underdog and those who weren't born into everything to have a victory. You don't have to hand it to us, but come on. This is ridiculous.
  • i think people having problems with GW need this. lando, biggs, wedge, st han, sun fac, palpatine, vader, bobba, tie pilot and rex to gear X or XI and good mods, 10 heroes f2p... but it will take a lot of time at least 6 months in a new account also being able to be in a good guild for completing heroic difficulty in both raids.. cg seems to be making stuff difficult for new ones :( .
  • zoorazer
    31 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    GW is ridiculous. the whole point is to build up ur toons, isn't it? if not, there's no point. the fun is gone. i just get slaughtered at the end of the first half. and, i don't care what others say. when they annihilate your best squad, you can't develop a strategy to beat it. the only people who say, stop whining or try harder, have these dozens of super toons to play with or are possibly plants to mitigate the outrage. bottom line, the poor game management is driving me away. and, I'm a paying customer!
  • well ever since I have a solid droid and rebel team I have no problems completing GW. I still think the scaling is horrible, because during progression you get punished hard for progressing further into the game. at first everything is cool, then all of a sudden you are hit by one wall after the other. its not cool.
  • bstngs wrote: »
    Honestly - FIX the last stage of Galactic War. It ruins the game and doesn't make it fun. It's the main way to grab money and credits to increase the abilities of a team. Just fix it. This is flat out ridiculous. It takes an otherwise fun game and makes it infuriating to play. It's a scenario that isn't just challenging, but impossible. Regardless of strategy, you can't even go, the turns are so in favor of whatever scenario concocted by the last stage team. Seriously, fix it. This makes the game turn into a notion of those that have a lot will continue to get a lot and those who don't won't have the opportunity. I understand the game is pay to play for some and you need to make money, but show a little sensitivity to the environment in the world and try to understand the heart of Star Wars - that there is a shot for the underdog and those who weren't born into everything to have a victory. You don't have to hand it to us, but come on. This is ridiculous.

This!
  • DarthMol wrote: »
    bstngs wrote: »

This!

the really funny part is, that really high players get an easy node 12. this has been going on for months now and that will widen the gap between players who complete gw and those who don't even more . it makes it even harder (and unfairer) for people to catch up.

• I'm F2P and I have limited toons. However, I was able to build 3 teams for GW. The weakest one I fight with against teams on the 60ish-70ish level, the average one I use against teams on the high 70s and 80 level, and I leave my best team (which I use for Arena, etc) to fight against level 85 teams.
    This "strategy" helped me finish GW on a fairly constant basis.
    However, since last month, I've been getting impossible 11/12 nodes. It's not even fun anymore. I usually try to keep my average team alive for node 11 so I can send them in first, but it has become moot. I keep gettting teams that are waaaaaaaay out of my reach in those two last nodes, for example: EP teams with P2P toons all geared/7*, or light side teams with GK and Baze. And it really doesnt matter how many times I try, I usually send all my toons at them and cant even kill one.
    Not to mention, my "easy" nodes would be full of low level chars, poor geared and poor modded. Now, even my node 1 teams are around lvl 70, however all 7*, fully geared and modded.
    So yeah, from my perspective, GW has become waaaaaay harder this last month.

TL;DR: I used to finish GW in a daily basis, and ocasionally wasnt able to - thats ok. Now, I usually don't finish GW, and ocasionally I am able to. This "switch" happened in january, not sure if the devs have anything to do with this or not.