The Citadel Pack (Comments and Questions) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Just want to remind people again that this isn't the end of days, it just a high price point for a pack.

As a company it is absolutely necessary for them to test out different price points. As their users it is absolutely necessary for us to support things we like, and give feedback for anything we don't like.

Anger and hate lead to the dark side. So when you post make sure to just clearly state your opinion without making any threats, or breaking any other rules of this thread.

It is in our best interest as players to have this thread be filled with as many posts about the subject matter as possible, and have it last for as long as possible. The longer it lasts, the more eyes see it. The more eyes, the more internal conversations will be had. It's that simple. Let's make the feedback nice and simple.

Hopefully come Monday they'll review sales data, and it will match our feedback here. Then the recourse would be obvious.
  • Darth_Merk_504
    48 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Wow 2,999 crystals for a pack that won't even be able to lvl them up a star, what a joke and thanks alot!
    Post edited by BentWookiee on
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    I have to be honest, I don't get the rage about this.
    The pack is priced so out of proportion that the vast majority of us will never even consider purchasing it. They might as well have called it a million dollars for all I am concerned - it's not like it's "just slightly" more than I would consider paying, it's so far out there that buying it is completely out of my head now. It doesn't even make me angry, I just understand that I will have to continue my game without these characters. And if it gets to the point where this type of investment becomes mandatory to remain competitive, I will re-evaluate things then.

Second, I think this is a bit of a marketing ploy. There is a sales tactic whereby a seller will show you something for an extravagent price, knowing you are not likely to buy it. But it serves to mentally condition your brain to think about numbers that big. That way when they offer a pack for 1199 crystals, your brain perceives it as a "bargain" and you are way more likely to purchase it. Just look for yourselves, that Nightsisters pack doesn't look nearly as ridiculous as it did last week, does it?

Very well stated.

There was an episode of "Bar Rescue" where Jon Taffer changed the drink menu and added on a $200 shot of top shelf whiskey. The owner was like "your crazy, none of my clientele would ever spend that on a shot". He said this: its marketing science. I don't expect anyone to ever buy this shot (but you'll be glad to sell it to them if they want it). The reason it's on there is because it makes these new $12-15 cocktails seem reasonably priced.
  • They won't regain my trust after this.

Whatever weasel words they come out with, or even if they change their behaviour for a short time, this demonstrates they are simply interested in gouging us for whatever they can get away with.
  • Today I'm asking myself why I play this game. I mean I did like the game, and have played since Nov '15...but.... the feeling I have today is... Well... beyond shock...into an emptiness at the sense of being duped, possibly for over a year...and.... after this morning, I wonder what it was that drew me to this game, because I no longer feel drawn... I'm certain things are different.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • I hear they might lower it
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Wonder how much longer this game will be in existence if this keeps up. It is kinda getting overpriced and boring. After GW and Arena, you run out of things to do and you just end up staring at your hero inventory wishing you had stun cuffs and better mods.

Practice mode/no reward scrimmage mode and/or open guild battles would give us all something to do with half farmed toons and more playability considering how much one spends on the game.

what-happened-to-star-wars.png

• I've spent in excess of $2k on this game. I don't think this even qualifies me as a whale, but certainly a paying customer... I had considered going all in with this pack but two things turned me off;

1) the estimated local currency cost based on a fellow guild member doing what I was thinking would have been about $1500. I couldn't justify spending nearly twice the amount of my lifetime swgoh expenditure on two (albeit it great) characters
    2) I had just invested in the TIE ship pack and my luck was atrocious. I had to buy 5 packs to get the necessary 20 shards I needed to unlock Vaders TIE ... if this was my experience on this overly inflated buy price item, and my luck that poor, I would be up for closer to $2000 for the two characters.

And I must admit I have a pretty serious case of buyers remorse having spent nearly $170 on a stupid ship ... which I don't even like playing that gameplay but it's now necessary to unlock zetas ... and I'm becoming uncompetitive in arena as a consequence.
  • I watched someone spend 800$ to get dt and krennic from 6-7*. I spent 500$ completing Rex and sun fac back in oct. that doesn't include gear, but i got a ton of other shards along the way during that hard chromium farm.
  • I watched someone spend 800$ to get dt and krennic from 6-7*. I spent 500$ completing Rex and sun fac back in oct. that doesn't include gear, but i got a ton of other shards along the way during that hard chromium farm.

I watched that same YouTube video by Smithie-D. It's now been deleted off YouTube. I wonder why???
  • Same here!

This is beyond a joke
  • People wouldn't complain about the **** prices if you didn't hike the prices up. They were fine before. Enough people play this game for you to make a profit. Please put back the crystal price to the way they were
  • how's the packs are pos
    DrNocard wrote: »
    The 3000/pack made it very easy for me to decide not to purchase any packs (this is coming from someone who has spent untold thousands on this game in the past... )

In fact, I'm taking the same tact as @MBL_66 and not spending any more money until we see some concrete changes in the pricing strategy. There are always other ways to spend our disposable income, and other companies to support.

good points if no one buys them the price will change

• In before this thread gets deleted!
  • I've been a consistent spender since November of 2015 when I started playing the game. About 7k spent so far. I now regret ever spending anything in this game. Bridge has been totally burned with me. Infact, I'll never ever buy anything EA.
  • You and me both. I think there are many others in this same situation.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Not my first but I was ready to think about spending.... thought things were moving in the right direction, toons being released but at low star, more happy customer base. But need to pay for full usefulness (7*)....I was thinking I might go....but I guess not.

Between this and the last chromium push, I think they are pushing away anyone but true whales and up....they don't want our pitens
  • First off i agree the packs are insanely priced.
    However there must be some method to this madness right?

Higher price point means less willing spenders= less 7* kroopers in the game = less "OMG kroopers flooding the arena! we need more variety! Game is getting stale! Need a counter and fast!"

Whales who previously would have maxed krooper would also now have something to look forward to = "ugh i havent maxed krooper, will save and look out for better krooper deals" instead of "ugh i have maxed out everything..im so bored! Game is getting stale! We need new content and fast!"

With less pressure to provide new content and counters to the current meta the devs have more time to rework on older toons and fix bugs, and give more thought to upcoming characters so as to maintain balance of the game. All this while grabbing as much cash as they could (there are still people willing to bend over and get exploited; guild mate 7* both toons yesterday)

Not working for EA, i just like playing devil's advocate. Thoughts?
  • Today I'm asking myself why I play this game. I mean I did like the game, and have played since Nov '15...but.... the feeling I have today is... Well... beyond shock...into an emptiness at the sense of being duped, possibly for over a year...and.... after this morning, I wonder what it was that drew me to this game, because I no longer feel drawn... I'm certain things are different.

That probably sums up how most in this thread feel.

We're slowly but surely being tested to the breaking point. Is that how you treat loyal customers? By offering a pack that only people with a lot of money to throw away will possibly get, leaving everyone else who was willing to spend at least something out in the cold?

I certainly hope they make an attempt to fix this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Found my quote from another thread...^^

Just going to put this out there. They did this so we will accept the new pay structure they will implement next week....subscription or some other way to buy thing from the game....

It's the bait and switch we got from the first round of mods.... just wait and see....
  • LeoRavus wrote: »
    Today I'm asking myself why I play this game. I mean I did like the game, and have played since Nov '15...but.... the feeling I have today is... Well... beyond shock...into an emptiness at the sense of being duped, possibly for over a year...and.... after this morning, I wonder what it was that drew me to this game, because I no longer feel drawn... I'm certain things are different.

That probably sums up how most in this thread feel.

We're slowly but surely being tested to the breaking point. Is that how you treat loyal customers? By offering a pack that only people with a lot of money to throw away will possibly get, leaving everyone else who was willing to spend at least something out in the cold?

I certainly hope they make an attempt to fix this.

+1
  • I still find it wierd we now live in a world where white-collar business people will charge a mobile game cartoon character at the same price as a week's rent, and even worse that people pay it. And yet they go home at night and neither feel sick about doing it. Especially since a full-blown PS4 game thats taken years to develop and teams of people who have slaved over it and are heavily underpaid while their bosses drive porsches, still charge $79 for the whole package.

I get that these games are worried about "staleness" and flooding the game with max kroopers, but there are other options like limiting how many "shards" you get per day.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Not my first but I was ready to think about spending.... thought things were moving in the right direction, toons being released but at low star, more happy customer base. But need to pay for full usefulness (7*)....I was thinking I might go....but I guess not.

Between this and the last chromium push, I think they are pushing away anyone but true whales and up....they don't want our pitens

I'm a whale. I've spent in the 5 digit range. And they've pushed me away. They are testing the market to see how far they can push their KRAKENS to spend. Several very smart people suggested that EA is testing the spending limits of the Krakens, since as the game ages and participation dwindles, these remaining Krakens (the top 1% spenders) are going to be the ones supporting the game, not the general population.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I think it's safe to say the people who are angry are potential paying customers, otherwise we wouldn't care if the pack was 500 crystals or 5000 crystals.

Why do I get the feeling that paying customers will be ignored once again? Only to be distracted by some shiny new event.

So incredibly frustrating. I'm finding myself caring less and less about the game. I could barely bring myself to raid today because I cared that little.

Is this what the devs are striving for? If so it seems to be a strange goal. Getting a portion of the player base to feel this way and close their wallets seems to be a very odd business decision.
  • The community deserves more than an apology. But apologies would be a start.
  • My constructive feedback - make the 2999 pack guaranteed 30 shards of each. Problem solved. I am serious.
    Yes, I am THE Warrior.
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Warrior_TI wrote: »
    My constructive feedback - make the 2999 pack guaranteed 30 shards of each. Problem solved. I am serious.

Hi warrior!

Btw that is a really interesting solution and one I hadn't thought of.
  • Bomroll
    399 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    kello_511 wrote: »
    I have to be honest, I don't get the rage about this.
    The pack is priced so out of proportion that the vast majority of us will never even consider purchasing it. They might as well have called it a million dollars for all I am concerned - it's not like it's "just slightly" more than I would consider paying, it's so far out there that buying it is completely out of my head now. It doesn't even make me angry, I just understand that I will have to continue my game without these characters. And if it gets to the point where this type of investment becomes mandatory to remain competitive, I will re-evaluate things then.

Second, I think this is a bit of a marketing ploy. There is a sales tactic whereby a seller will show you something for an extravagent price, knowing you are not likely to buy it. But it serves to mentally condition your brain to think about numbers that big. That way when they offer a pack for 1199 crystals, your brain perceives it as a "bargain" and you are way more likely to purchase it. Just look for yourselves, that Nightsisters pack doesn't look nearly as ridiculous as it did last week, does it?

This guy repeated what kello_511 said and I'm going to repeat him so everyone keeps seeing it..

They are probably just filling our heads with a super expensive cost (3k crystals) so when they charge just an expensive cost (1.2k crystals) it will seem cheap in comparison.

Basically exploiting us a different way other than misleading packs.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    My constructive feedback - make the 2999 pack guaranteed 30 shards of each. Problem solved. I am serious.

I'll have peace on those terms
  • MBL_66 wrote: »

I'll have peace on those terms

Yeah agreed.
This discussion has been closed.