Suggestion: Add Re-Roll Option to Mod Shop

DrD
91 posts Member
edited February 2017
I've long thought there should be some kind of re-roll option for mods. Games like Diablo 3 have shown the value of such customization, and I guarantee people would be willing to pay crystals for it. However, the sticking point with the idea is what to do with leveled mods that have already rolled their stats, potentially multiple times per stat. And would it be fair to those with already leveled mods for that option to be introduced but only be available on unleveled mods?

I was recently refreshing mod shop when it hit me. What if you could only re-roll mods in the shop before purchasing them. That would alleviate both concerns as well as solve the number one problem of the mod shop, which is all the mods you'd buy "if only X was Y".

Here's a mockup I created for the idea:

NBazu9Q.png

Basically, when you click to preview the mod in the shop, there'd be a button with a "dice" icon that could be clicked to re-roll the mod, opening up a secondary dialog where you'd select to re-roll either the set, the primary, or one of the secondaries. The 100 crystals I put in the mockup is just a proposal if the cost is fixed, however alternatively you could consider a scaling cost from 50-100-150-etc. Also, I think it'd be important to lock down all other checkboxes after the first re-roll to avoid re-rolling more than one individual stat. This is something Diablo 3 does with Enchanting.

I really think this would be a win-win for both EA/CG and the community with basically no downside. It would provide more incentive to spend crystals in the mod shop while also making it slightly easier to purchase mods with the stats you actually need.

Please consider this proposal. Thanks.
-Dan

Replies

• Omg I would love this
  • Really excellent idea.

+1
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Well presented too
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • I like everything about this, unfortunately seeing the way this game is going the re roll cost would probably start at 1000 crystals not 100, very good idea though
  • Keja
    43 posts Member
    Great idea, as long as the re-roll cost isn't excessive
  • Please, I would pay some sweet coin for this option
  • Kalo
    123 posts Member
    Exactly This!
  • I think this has a lot of potential to make actual money for EA. Obviously with a guarantee they could charge quite a bit and for a solid reroll it would be worth the money.
  • +1 excellent idea.
  • +1 amazing idea and great concept incorporated
  • And then speed wouldn't bump and you'd be out even more crystals than usual!!
    Willis Mcgahee of the Mighty Chlorians ~ https://swgoh.gg/u/willis/
  • it would be nice one. But price should be not extremely high. Because most of players wont start use it as active as discribed.
  • Great idea.
  • Very good idea
    Wot a Duffer
  • DrD wrote: »
    I've long thought there should be some kind of re-roll option for mods. Games like Diablo 3 have shown the value of such customization, and I guarantee people would be willing to pay crystals for it. However, the sticking point with the idea is what to do with leveled mods that have already rolled their stats, potentially multiple times per stat. And would it be fair to those with already leveled mods for that option to be introduced but only be available on unleveled mods?

I was recently refreshing mod shop when it hit me. What if you could only re-roll mods in the shop before purchasing them. That would alleviate both concerns as well as solve the number one problem of the mod shop, which is all the mods you'd buy "if only X was Y".

Here's a mockup I created for the idea:

NBazu9Q.png

Basically, when you click to preview the mod in the shop, there'd be a button with a "dice" icon that could be clicked to re-roll the mod, opening up a secondary dialog where you'd select to re-roll either the set, the primary, or one of the secondaries. The 100 crystals I put in the mockup is just a proposal if the cost is fixed, however alternatively you could consider a scaling cost from 50-100-150-etc. Also, I think it'd be important to lock down all other checkboxes after the first re-roll to avoid re-rolling more than one individual stat. This is something Diablo 3 does with Enchanting.

I really think this would be a win-win for both EA/CG and the community with basically no downside. It would provide more incentive to spend crystals in the mod shop while also making it slightly easier to purchase mods with the stats you actually need.

Please consider this proposal. Thanks.
    -Dan

Great post DRD!
  • +1
    wow!

one of the smartest ideas I've seen in a while.

I've seen great ideas that only advantage the players... but this seems like a great suggestion that could benefit both parties

Unfortunately... Seeing their business model
    lately, I don't see this happening.
  • This is the type of stuff the game needs. More room to customization, less rng, and profits to the company without being greedy. Nice one DrD.
  • colloff
    79 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    FjHLV
  • This is a very interesting idea which would allow for proper customisation without being at the complete mercy of RNG. I like it!
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • colloff
    79 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I truly hope they make it so.
  • What a fantastic idea!!!
    Precisely the sort of thing this game needs seeing as they won't do anything to fix the deplorable drop rates of even halfway decent mods.
  • +98
  • I think this is an excellent idea to put the view of mods into a more favorable light. I spend countless days farming mods vs important characters in cantina battles. Kudos to you for this topic, I really enjoyed it.
  • Brilliant idea! +1