Anyone else getting these?

Klocko
1017 posts Member
The past few days I've been getting ally requests from people with (for instance) 6* Lumi leveled to 64 (or something) but geared at level 1 with lvl 1 ability mats to match. ****? I've also received Chewie, Sid and Barris requests with the same scenario. I briefly accepted, and when they came up as a "borrow a hero" I long pressed to confirm what I was seeing before removing them from my list. Is this a glitch I'm seeing, or are there really players who are leveling and starring up their toons high, but doing no other development on them? Did someone hack? Why do I care? (Hint: Hacking aside, I don't really care what someone else does with their toons, it's just confounding to me.)

Replies

• Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Apparently the letters w, t & f used in a row elicit stars...interesting.
  • Yes its happening to me. And the ally list is all grey gear low lvl crap.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Exactly. So, it's not just me? Confusing right? Why spend all that time bringing up Lumi only to keep her basically unusable? Unsound strategy IMHO.
  • Do you actually get request or do you see them in the borrow a hero section?
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Actually got the requests. I briefly accepted, so I could check out if I was actually seeing lvl 60+ 6 & 7* chars with no other upgrades.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Same here. I figured someone just pulled me off the ally code list, but yes it's quite weird about the high levels with minimal progression. Agree, it seems suspicious.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • ****** the &** too. This is ***, although, sometime I find that **** in the ***, *TWICE* even.

Oh **** it.

You know... Sometimes censorship is a *lot* more fun. :D
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    I ended up messaging LucifersDaddy about this. It seemed like the kind of thing an unattended bot would do. For anyone wondering about if they're taking possible cheaters seriously, he got back to me pretty quickly (like the next day) and said there's actually people in the system leveling and starring up without upgrading their gear. My basic response was "I guess you should never underestimate stupidity"...and yes censorship is fun. I likely imagine much worse words than were originally posted. Also fun to plug stuff in and see if it makes any sense, or if now "you're" just cursing for the **** of it. Oh come on!!!! How is that bad?!
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    It just starred out **** i t y. Seriously?
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    One more try... the word I'm trying to convey here is when someone is not smart, they are ______. On my previous try, I actually put spaces between the letters. No dice. Maybe this way? S,t,u,p,i,d,i,t,y
  • MenaceTEC wrote: »
    Yes its happening to me. And the ally list is all grey gear low lvl crap.

I have encountered this as well recently, especially on dark side battles.
  • All I know is when I let some people add me, they see a chewie 4* with low gear. Never use him anymore, nor do I take him as leader (except for the tank challenge). I think this is some visual stuff and after a few days it start to show normal.
    Might have something to do with server reset and stuff being updated by that time? Just a guess tho.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Maybe. When I had an open slot to do it with, I had accepted 1 or 2. If you long press on the borrowed hero, you can see what they've got going on just like you can do with your own. Tonight a borrowed Chewie said +30 defense, but was lvl 60 & purple geared and when I long pressed and looked at the leader skill it was actually "+40", so yeah things happen. This 1 or 2 were definitely not looking geared/skilled up though. My older allies looked just fine. Been playing since early December (I think it was Dec 1st), so not launch or even soft launch, but fairly early. Not hanging with a bunch of newbs on my server as far as I can tell.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    MenaceTEC wrote: »

So you have allies that you've accepted (maybe their light side toon was awesome/good enough), but when you go to use their dark side toon, he/she is, ummm...lacking? Interesting. Especially weird, considering that, outside of healers, dark side toons seem to be stronger in general. To me anyway.
  • Klocko wrote: »

So you have allies that you've accepted (maybe their light side toon was awesome/good enough), but when you go to use their dark side toon, he/she is, ummm...lacking? Interesting. Especially weird, considering that, outside of healers, dark side toons seem to be stronger in general. To me anyway.

My light side allies options are amazing but my dark side I end up usually getting 1 offer of a 4 star Darth Maul in epics or a 6 star HK-47 in epics and all the others are level 65 to 67 gray to green geared allies with very low power.
  • Interesting stuff OP. You majoring in forensic or detective or something? Just being curious =]
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Klocko wrote: »

My light side allies options are amazing but my dark side I end up usually getting 1 offer of a 4 star Darth Maul in epics or a 6 star HK-47 in epics and all the others are level 65 to 67 gray to green geared allies with very low power.

That sucks. My ally code is 286-152-485. My light side should be 6* Lumi, g7, abilities maxed at 6. Dark should be Phasma. Also 6* g7, abilities at 6. Both are lvl 66. "Should be" refers to assuming they go with who was squad leader last.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Jsnazz wrote: »
    Interesting stuff OP. You majoring in forensic or detective or something? Just being curious =]

Nope. Just an "old man" who wants the "kids off his lawn". Lol.
  • Klocko wrote: »

That sucks. My ally code is 286-152-485. My light side should be 6* Lumi, g7, abilities maxed at 6. Dark should be Phasma. Also 6* g7, abilities at 6. Both are lvl 66. "Should be" refers to assuming they go with who was squad leader last.

I'll add you and see what happens.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member

I'll add you and see what happens.

I just opened up a slot. It just dawned on me that I was full when I posted that.