AGI Gear challenge too difficult, droid shouldnt attack

Replies

• My team is 6*Phasma, 6*Ventress, 5*Talia, 6*JC and a 3*Ewok Elder. I focus down the droids and 80% of the time kill them before Savage unleashes his big attack. If a droid survives and guns down one of my guys other than Elder, the Elder brings him/her back. Phasma and Talia, and occasionally Ventress through stun, keep Savage debuffed for max damage. JC heals, one heal usually enough for everyone to stay alive until the end. I have never lost a Tier 3 AGL battle using this strategy and roster.
  • If you can stun one of the droids you can keep them for healing you after Savage uses his AOE.

Talia works well for this.

Why acolyte over initiate?

The Initiate is an attacker and not available for this challenge.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Rutank wrote: »
    Bruno wrote: »
    well, i am level 65 and had done all tier 3 gear challenge & tier 4 for other challenge.
    but i am stuck with AGI gear challenge, sometimes lost in tier 2, impossible for me to beat tier 3. 70% of the time, just after opress unleash his deadly blow on his first turn, the 2 droid instantly killed 2 of my squad.
    i can destroy one droid before he unleash but of course gain nothing from it.
    any idea how this mission can be done ? :)

kill droids first, you can't just auto it like other missions yeah it sucks.just kill the droids first then heal up.

I auto it.
    Used Daka, Ventress, Poggle, HK47 and phasma (leader)

Daka and Ventress have built in stun in their basics. Poggle has built in ability block in his basic. HK47 puts all kind of debuffs. Phasma slows and raise turn meter. Sqvage Oppress never uses his AOE.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Killing the droids first isn't such a good idea, as they give you a decent heal when killed. Just almost-kill them (attacking non-debuffed Savage is almost pointless), try to keep Savage ability locked and/or stunned as long as possible and finish the droids after he manages to pull his special. The first round is critical, since the droids attack right after him. Later on, you can squeeze an attack or two between them to get the heal.
  • Rutank wrote: »
    well, i am level 65 and had done all tier 3 gear challenge & tier 4 for other challenge.
    but i am stuck with AGI gear challenge, sometimes lost in tier 2, impossible for me to beat tier 3. 70% of the time, just after opress unleash his deadly blow on his first turn, the 2 droid instantly killed 2 of my squad.

kill droids first, you can't just auto it like other missions yeah it sucks.just kill the droids first then heal up.
    Except you can. The only Challenge you can't completely auto-play is the Attackers Challenge because you have to kill the droids first to do reasonable damage. Auto while targeting probably works, haven't tested it because I like to use this challenge to get insane crits. :tongue:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Rutank wrote: »

Except you can. The only Challenge you can't completely auto-play is the Attackers Challenge because you have to kill the droids first to do reasonable damage. Auto while targeting probably works, haven't tested it because I like to use this challenge to get insane crits. :tongue:

I auto the attackers challenge. If you have enough damage you can win with the droids alive. And if you have AOE you kill the drones by accident anyways
  • Lots of people have suggested killing the droids first. If that's a hardship for you, you could also debuff the droids by stunning them or slowing them down. Anything that gets them out of sync with the boss will give you time to heal between blows. Good luck!
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • JC, Daka, HK-47, Poggle, and Phasma (L) is who I use. Auto through it without any fails. between Daka seemingly having a better chance to be assisting than any other FO character with Phasma's leader skill Oppress is stunned 90% of the time. Not to mention the random droid stun out of nowhere. HK and Poggle both throw up ability block. Phasma keeps him slowed, which makes the stuns last longer. JC is just there for his emergency heal. I may replace him with someone else that has a debuff. Oppress is burned down quick due to all the debuffs on him making him constantly take more damage even though all of my characters hit softly.
  • If you can stun one of the droids you can keep them for healing you after Savage uses his AOE.

n8yaqrPh.jpg

Don't forget to get a debuff on him at all times so you do 10K damage with each hit.

Talia works well for this.

Why acolyte over initiate?

I've got Initiate too. You can't use her for this challenge as she is an attacker.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Thankfully I ended up with 3 stunners. I use this team:

Phasma (lead)
    Daka (w/xtra Phasma stuns = bonus)
    Dooku (use lightning if Daka doesn't stun)
    Cad Bane (use stun if Daka/Dooku fail)
    JC (use heal if Savage has a chance to use his special)

I ignore the droids and would say 7/10 times Savage doesn't even get a chance to act.
  • WildRile
    20 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I could reliably beat him with Dooku, Cane, Talia, Phasma and Ima-Gun, but I had to tactical about stuns. I got Daka and replaced Cane with her. Now I start tier 3, hit the auto button, put the phone down and pick it up to gear. Phasma + Daka = stun lock. No killing of droids, no smart use of skills through the first two levels, it's amazing.
  • If you can't permastun Opress, then always, always, always kill the drones first. Don't leave them with low health, kill them. Nothing worse than having a low hp drone kill off one of your toons before you can act.

You don't need the heal you get when the drone dies. After Opress uses his super, all your toons will have a chance to act, and one of them can group heal, usually daka or jc. I find the most important toon to keep alive is talia, because if she can land her DoT you will do a ton of damage with all your toons.
  • This is the only one I can't auto, but I've had 0 issues with it unless RNG is out to get me. I run 7* phasma lead, 4* JC (gear 8), 4*Dooku gear 7, Talisman 4* g6, and Bariss 4* g7. It's super easy and I lose 1 toon on average.
  • Fher
    188 posts Member
    My team is: Phasma (lead), QGJ, Ventress, Daka, JC.

Kill droids first, but keep Daka on Savage. Use Phasma AoE, it does damage to both drones and slows down Savage, but you need to have Savage targeted.

After droids are dead Daka and Ventress keep Savage on perma stun, if Savage gets lucky and uses AoE, JC or Daka can heal, the rest is easy.
  • Rutank wrote: »

For me the attacker is easy on auto, i have sid lumi geo resistance pilot and one another that can kill them whatever i attack and whenever :D

But this support event isnt easy for me, since i havent any good support (coz lumi is attacker -_-) so i win arround 20% of the support event. (with manual)
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    It seems to me like the rewards don't depend on the stars. If you lose a toon or 2, who cares? But yeah, focus on the droids first. I run Phasma, JC, Aayla, Dooku, and Talia (I always have to switch out Ackbar for her since hes all but useless here). All attack one droid, except Talia who uses her 3rd attack on Sav, and Phas who uses her Advantage 2nd move then start on the other droid...I sometimes lose one toon, but getting both droids down to red (usually someone/something is stunned) before Savage can do his parlor trick keeps my guys alive. After he does his thing, immediately kill the 2 droids to regain health and mass heal with JC. Sometimes the attack guage just screws you. If he gets off a second one, Dooku and Aayla counter kill 99% of the time. If you really need to 3* every time, retreat and try again. It doesn't count until you complete it.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Nevermind
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Always, always kill the droids first. You need to take them both down before Savage attacks. then heal immedately after he attacks. I've had strings of bad luck, but it has never been particularly difficult.

I have:

5* Phasma
    6* HK
    6* JC
    3* FO Officer
    5* Dooku

Not exactly powerful. But I've never had an issue.

Why are you messing with this? Don't you have oxygen to steal? ;)
  • Telaan wrote: »
    looks like i have to sacrifice one of my squad and killed 2 of the droids asap.
    thanks for your guys help. btw, i dont have poggle yet, on my way to get it lol.
    i didnt use old daka because her attack too low, i will try to use her later ;)

Her damage is irrelevant. What matters is the stun. It's not uncommon for her to stun at least one droid, if not both droids AND oppress before their first turn. It's even more common for me to defeat oppress without him damaging a single toon of mine. I keep him perma stunned.

I agree -- without a doubt, stunning is the way to beat this challenge. I use Asajj, Dooku and Eeth, and I set myself the aim of finishing Round 3 without Savage making a single attack.

Best of luck with the challenge, OP.
  • Bongo wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »
    thanks for your guys help. btw, i dont have poggle yet, on my way to get it lol.

Her damage is irrelevant. What matters is the stun. It's not uncommon for her to stun at least one droid, if not both droids AND oppress before their first turn. It's even more common for me to defeat oppress without him damaging a single toon of mine. I keep him perma stunned.

I agree -- without a doubt, stunning is the way to beat this challenge. I use Asajj, Dooku and Eeth, and I set myself the aim of finishing Round 3 without Savage making a single attack.

Best of luck with the challenge, OP.
    I do the same with the Mace Windu Tank Challenge, hehe. ;) (Teebo reduce turn meter team FTW)
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Throw a dog a bone... Please!
    Seems I have all the wrong toons. Can't beat SGI tier II. What to use?
    Level 48 with
    No Phasma, No Daka, No Poggle or Ima-gun-di

So, Of these which would you use?
    4*Dooku, 5*Ventriss, 4*HK, 5*JC, 5*Talia, 5*Bane, 4*Secura, 5*Lumi, 4*Eeth, 4*Geo, 4*Barris, 4ewok elder, 4RRr, 3QGJ, 4Biggs, 3Acolyte, 3FOO,
    And I saw where 4Ackbar is considered useless on this one. Is it the same for 5*Old Ben, 4*Tark, and 4*Magnaguard. Magna-visual has electricity at both ends of his weapon with no mention of stun in the abilities. Did I miss something?

Please choose 5 you would use
    Lead toon?
    Auto or no auto?

Thanks in advance,
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    007DPC wrote: »
    Throw a dog a bone... Please!
    Seems I have all the wrong toons. Can't beat SGI tier II. What to use?
    Level 48 with
    No Phasma, No Daka, No Poggle or Ima-gun-di

So, Of these which would you use?
    4*Dooku, 5*Ventriss, 4*HK, 5*JC, 5*Talia, 5*Bane, 4*Secura, 5*Lumi, 4*Eeth, 4*Geo, 4*Barris, 4ewok elder, 4RRr, 3QGJ, 4Biggs, 3Acolyte, 3FOO,
    And I saw where 4Ackbar is considered useless on this one. Is it the same for 5*Old Ben, 4*Tark, and 4*Magnaguard. Magna-visual has electricity at both ends of his weapon with no mention of stun in the abilities. Did I miss something?

Please choose 5 you would use
    Lead toon?
    Auto or no auto?

Thanks in advance,

I think you can't auto with that, yet.

This is what I would do. Use Ventriss, Dooku, JC, HK47, FOO. Put Ventriss as leader.
    First thing you have to do is shoot with dooku lighting, and see if you can stun. If you can, kill the droids as soon as possible. If you miss, attack Savage with Ventriss alone, and use the rest to attack the droids. If Savage is stun before he gets to act, keep killing the droids. If he is not, right before he acts, you have to use FOO pinning shot to remove 70% of his turn meter and give you more time to stun. You need at least 30% stun with Ventress, and if he is not stun yet, and Dooku has lighting available, use Dooku's lighting too. Use HK47 meatbag mayhem, if he is ability blocked it works just as well as stun. Focus on killing the droids. Once you kill them, it's easy, as you will heal with JC or Talia before he can act after he does the AOE.

• [/quote]

This is what I would do. Use Ventriss, Dooku, JC, HK47, FOO. Put Ventriss as leader.
    First thing you have to do is shoot with dooku lighting, and see if you can stun. If you can, kill the droids as soon as possible. If you miss, attack Savage with Ventriss alone, and use the rest to attack the droids. If Savage is stun before he gets to act, keep killing the droids. If he is not, right before he acts, you have to use FOO pinning shot to remove 70% of his turn meter and give you more time to stun. You need at least 30% stun with Ventress, and if he is not stun yet, and Dooku has lighting available, use Dooku's lighting too. Use HK47 meatbag mayhem, if he is ability blocked it works just as well as stun. Focus on killing the droids. Once you kill them, it's easy, as you will heal with JC or Talia before he can act after he does the AOE. [/quote]

Thank you for the great response. The initial Dooku Lightning is that on Savage or the droids?
  • AFAIK Ability Block doesn't work on any of the Challenge bosses. Just remember that so you don't use characters just for their Ability Block that will never happen.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    007DPC wrote: »

First thing you have to do is shoot with dooku lighting, and see if you can stun. If you can, kill the droids as soon as possible. If you miss, attack Savage with Ventriss alone, and use the rest to attack the droids. If Savage is stun before he gets to act, keep killing the droids. If he is not, right before he acts, you have to use FOO pinning shot to remove 70% of his turn meter and give you more time to stun. You need at least 30% stun with Ventress, and if he is not stun yet, and Dooku has lighting available, use Dooku's lighting too. Use HK47 meatbag mayhem, if he is ability blocked it works just as well as stun. Focus on killing the droids. Once you kill them, it's easy, as you will heal with JC or Talia before he can act after he does the AOE.

Thank you for the great response. The initial Dooku Lightning is that on Savage or the droids?

Savage.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    AFAIK Ability Block doesn't work on any of the Challenge bosses. Just remember that so you don't use characters just for their Ability Block that will never happen.

I use Poggle every single time that I play this challenge, and it works as normal.
  • Hmm... odd. Must check this on the various challenges. I'm sure Luminara's guaranteed Ability Block never hit before though, so that's the 3x3 challenges at least.
  • Bruno wrote: »

The attack isn't rellevent. Your damage comes from Suspectability.
  • Tifer
    130 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I got Daka the other day and geared her up quickly. It reduced the anxiety level I have on that daily.

Before, I would hope I got both droids (or one plus a stunned second) before the big bad guy attacked me and dropped my health..

Now it's easy peasy.

My team is phasma, talia, daka, JC and and qgj...
  • I auto first two sections then manual the droids down then back to auto. Use Daka for stuns a plenty.