Vader

I am about to unlock Vader and I am ecstatic. I know he is not all that great and hard to level up and smells funny but c'mon...it's Darth Kenobi Killin Vader. This is one of the reasons I played this to start with. I'm soaking in the glory before I realize he will be on my b team.

Replies

• He is very cool man. He becomes useless in arena when you reach level +55, once you will face a lot of 7 stars squads. But he is usable in GW even at level 70.

In arena, combine him with some debuffers like Sidious and Obi-wan and you will have a lot of fun!

The sound effect of the "force crush" move is by far the best one in the game. Wear a headphone and enjoy it.

Today I get 1 Vader's shard from GW. Maybe it is a signal that he will become farmable in the next update.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • @fberbert
    Dude that's a nice coincidence, got a Vader shard as reward for completing GW yesterday as well.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Combine Vader with IG88. IG88's buff for negative effects is sweet when it follows Vaders dot party special (force crush)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I agree, Vader is pretty lame at end game. I have him at gear VII and don't use him. I sorry but Vader should be king right now. How is he not the most powerful character in game?
  • @Reddplague

Because he is stuck at 4* for most people. I think at 7* he will have loads of hp and will deal more dmg than you see now.
    Gear level is also important and I'm not sure if VII is the current max? If he can go to VIII you can expect him to be a lot more useful.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • I hear at 70 he can be gear VIII. I know he is deliberately kept at 4 stars, so the community will crave for packs with his shards. No matter the price.
  • Deimos wrote: »
    I hear at 70 he can be gear VIII. I know he is deliberately kept at 4 stars, so the community will crave for packs with his shards. No matter the price.

Wonder if they're planning the same for Yoda? This would be pretty lame!
    I hear at 70 he can be gear VIII. I know he is deliberately kept at 4 stars, so the community will crave for packs with his shards. No matter the price.

Except he doesn't drop anywhere but achievements (and the occasional GW)

Even at 4*, he is pretty usable in Arena, if you're building a tanky team. With high Potency and 3 guaranteed DoTs, he's great at bleeding down, especially if used with Sid. Synergizes with IG88. And his Culling Blade can crit for over 10k, if you nail someone with 5 negative status effects.
  • Aluxendr wrote: »
    Deimos wrote: »

Even at 4*, he is pretty usable in Arena, if you're building a tanky team. With high Potency and 3 guaranteed DoTs, he's great at bleeding down, especially if used with Sid. Synergizes with IG88. And his Culling Blade can crit for over 10k, if you nail someone with 5 negative status effects.

Problem is, his AI isn't that smart. Arena teams matter most how they do on the defensive. That's where you lose ranking most.
    Aluxendr wrote: »

Problem is, his AI isn't that smart. Arena teams matter most how they do on the defensive. That's where you lose ranking most.

What.

Where I'm at, the struggle is in the position sniping.

There's no such thing as a "defensive" team in the current meta.

Any team geared towards winning on defense is gonna lose, hands down.

And FYI, Vader+Sid+Poe+Ben + (insert tank/nuke char here, AoE is good too) is one of the only team types to have a solid shot at winning on defense vs the glass cannon meta.
  • Aluxendr wrote: »

I think a fun team would be:

Phasma Lead
    Vader
    Sid
    Han/Poe
    Daka

The idea being to abuse every aspect of Phasma. You'd do AoE's with Sid, Phasma and Vader, get a speed advantage with Phasma's AoE and your taunt and (hopefully) run some disruption with Daka. Then you'd Victory March to get Culling Blade earlier and try to get some heal blocks with Sid. With a little RNG love Daka could do some serious damage with a stun and/or revive.

I doubt it's a top tier team, but I might gear up my Vader and try it out on some middle nodes in GW.

• I go with Old Ben leader
    Vader
    Greedo
    Sid
    Plo Koon
    Not sure if the detonator counts as an effect but come rd2 someone's dead!
  • Vader can be geared one spot away from Level IX where he has power of 4246 at level 65.

Here's the arena team I use him for (all 6* except Vader):
    Phasma (L)
    Kylo
    Sid
    Lumi
    Vader
  • I leveled him up to my main squads range. He fits in fine for me at 4* for now. I like him so far. For now I've been running

Phasma (leader)
    Sid
    Vader
    Dooku
    Luminara

And they do pretty well.
  • He's pretty good even at 4 star.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    I think Vader is one of the best 4* toons in the game. And very well characterized too. Tanky, powerful moves, menacing.

Come to think of it, his abilities kind of mirror Kylo Ren's. One basic attack with debuff chances, one AOE and then one powerhouse OHK attack. Kylo certainly seems like "Vader Jr" when you think about it.
  • I'm 13 shards away from a 5 star Vader...soon to be 11 once I unlock one more dark side character. I'll get them eventually with buying the shipments but ****, I wish there was an easier way to get shards. I might level him up past 64 to 70 (once I have enough credits :neutral: ) and max his abilities just to see how high his power level can get, haha.
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • I've had my 59lvl 4*vader do 5000 damage with culling blade...
  • I'm level 67, top 10 for 1 month+ in Arena and I use Vader on my Arena team.
    I use:
    Phasma Leader 6* (7* tomorrow)
    Kylo 7*
    Poe 6*
    Sid 6*
    Vader 4*

Hit Poe's taunt then AoE sid, kylo, phasma, vader. Score a couple of bonus attacks from phasma's leadership, and you are looking at a team of red and yellow.

I have Vader 29/65 shards and I hope I can get that 5th star. GL 7, 4563 on attacks, and he is power 3648. I keep him fully leveled and I am going to take his gear up to 8+. I have read rumors of people running 5* Vaders. I have never seen someone posting about theirs though.
    Character Name: Nofaultius
  • @fasterthanyous

I run a similar squad. I don't have Poe or kylo so I use Lumi and QGJ or dooku but nothing is as sweet as seeing all those dots on someone and Vader stepping up with a culling blade. Bye bye whoever lol plus his next attack kills or drops another to red. I can't wait to see this guy at 5*
  • I'm level 67, top 10 for 1 month+ in Arena and I use Vader on my Arena team.
    I use:
    Phasma Leader 6* (7* tomorrow)
    Kylo 7*
    Poe 6*
    Sid 6*
    Vader 4*

Hit Poe's taunt then AoE sid, kylo, phasma, vader. Score a couple of bonus attacks from phasma's leadership, and you are looking at a team of red and yellow.

I have Vader 29/65 shards and I hope I can get that 5th star. GL 7, 4563 on attacks, and he is power 3648. I keep him fully leveled and I am going to take his gear up to 8+. I have read rumors of people running 5* Vaders. I have never seen someone posting about theirs though.

I the same team with Lumi instead of Poe. I only break top 50 though. I will have to try your lineup when I get Poe to 143 speed.