Reyia's Diary

Replies

• Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Nice work Reyia! Did you try to retreat on GW to get better rng? I would have thought your tips would be tough enough to go the distance.

I just started an alt account today to. Got to level 17 and am top 400. Will be aiming for top 50 tomorrow.

Anyway, love your work! Great to see a fellow Aussie on the forums. Looking forward to what tomorrow brings. Keep it up!!

Thanks Giodude2000! I did force closing app a few times to see if results are different. My other characters are level twenty something and there isn't enough credits to level them up.

Great to hear u started on a new account too! My recommendation is to use energy refreshes to rapidly increase in levels. I use 50, 50, 100, 100, 200, 200. The race is on to whoever can unlock GW fastest so that heroes can be farmed three places: arena, cantina, and GW.

Cheers, and I'll keep everyone updated with my progress :smiley:
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Nice work Reyia! Did you try to retreat on GW to get better rng? I would have thought your tips would be tough enough to go the distance.

I just started an alt account today to. Got to level 17 and am top 400. Will be aiming for top 50 tomorrow.

Anyway, love your work! Great to see a fellow Aussie on the forums. Looking forward to what tomorrow brings. Keep it up!!

Fellow Aussie you say?

Check out the guild Reyia and I are in.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6579/anzgc-the-guild-from-down-under/p1

Yes let's get all the top peeps from down under to form an oi oi oi synergy lol.
  • Nice work Reyia! Did you try to retreat on GW to get better rng? I would have thought your tips would be tough enough to go the distance.

Fellow Aussie you say?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6579/anzgc-the-guild-from-down-under/p1

Thanks @cosmicturtle333 , just went there and applied now.
  • Reyia wrote: »

Fellow Aussie you say?

Yes let's get all the top peeps from down under to form an oi oi oi synergy lol.

LOL flaming oath!!
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    31 January 2016

Dear Diary, today has been a fruitful day. I've promoted IG88 to 4* and geared up my main squad as much as I could. There are four ways to increase the power of heroes, namely star promotions, levels, gear, and ability upgrades.

To upgrade a 3* to 4* 30 shards were needed along with 100k credits. I went like everyone else at the beginning and got Darth Sidious shards but then saw that my IG88 was pretty weak so I decided to instead focus on upgrading the latter as it would be more useful than unlocking Sid at this stage.

tBLzy78.png

Significant changes in stats occur with staring. With gear it will increase a lot more in power.
    8KLwP2w.png

I'm going to write a bit about gearing so as to help newer players out. Gearing is very, very important and affects a heroes' power more than levelling or star promotions.

On the main screen if there is a red circle to the top right of characters it means a hero/gear can be upgraded/crafted.

Click on a character with a green cross to equip gear on that character.

I clicked on my Ewok Scout and there were two green crosses. That means those two slots already have the necessary mats.
    by7jIxE.png

Clicking on one of the green cross will open a menu with two sides- left is equip, right is find.
    jYnFVmh.png

I clicked equip and the top right side has been equipped with the said gear.
    LxRnAny.png

Clicking on the bottom right opened the gear window.
    k4JFlIo.png

I clicked equip and that gear got equipped. Notice now I have all six slots full. Having full slots will upgrade the tier level, in this case gear level III to IV.
    Z1Mf1GX.png

New slots became open and they need to be filled in order to upgrade another tier level. The slots can have four different variations:
    1. Find
    2. Equip
    3. Craft
    4. Nothing
    tnDqRiN.png

Find - means u need to farm for the gear
    Equip - u already got the gear, just need to equip it
    Craft - u got parts of the gear which u can craft
    Nothing - gear is already equipped or if it's a yellow cross it means ur character level is too low to equip that gear

Okay now for today's leaderboard. As always I list the top 20.
    HkR0dOi.png
    d4bG5Qk.png
    vT5M9Fu.png
    kDqrtQX.png
    yORZZdJ.png

And don't forget to farm Qui-Gon Jinn! He's recently been made available for free, one of the most powerful P2W toon whom many have spent thousands to 7*.
    nezki9F.png

And that concludes day 5 of my adventure in space o:)
  • Hi @Reyia how did you go yesterday? I managed to get my alt account to 2nd on arena table yesterday! It is amazing what can be done when you can use what you have learned when starting from scratch.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Hi @Reyia how did you go yesterday? I managed to get my alt account to 2nd on arena table yesterday! It is amazing what can be done when you can use what you have learned when starting from scratch.

Hi @Giodude2000 I did pretty well yesterday! I've completed GW for the first time ever and got so much stuff from the rewards. Well done, rank 2 already! What team did u make on ur alt? Yea it's awesome when u know so much more than most on that server. It's easy to take a lead and be miles ahead from those who have just started and learning everything for the first time. Do post a few pics about ur progress! Use my thread as a diary too and post ur squad, ranks, and any significant achievements B)
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    1 February 2016

Dear Diary, today had been a wonderful day. I achieved so much in a day that it felt like a major stepping stone towards galactic adulthood. I went ahead for my second GW and failed with all my toons dead. After midnight I restarted and carefully monitored my heroes' health in each battle. By using suicide squads at the right time I was able to finally finish GW, for the first time!

February login rewards give IG-86 shards.
    aFxECqs.png

Today's challenges are training droids and STR gear ones.
    ezdtaxs.png

I found all pieces of gear for my tier V GS.
    m8bBpy7.png

Upgraded straight away to tier VI.
    L5VQPDs.png

Had gear that I could equip/craft.
    1gN8FCI.png

Talia has been pivotal in my GW success as I needed a second healer.
    MatEsxn.png

Upgraded her to tier VI.
    SZYOtq3.png

For the STR gear challenge where only attackers are used, the easy way is to destroy one combat support droid and get a buff called advantage which gives 100% defense penetration.
    So the kill order would be droid, Tarkin, droid, Veers or droid, Veers, droid, Tarkin.

mkWl85h.png
    cI4HRLJ.png
    rEFEdRF.png
    YoVDFX7.png
    MZdbTMG.png
    EDcpn8l.png
    Insane damage on crits.
    6FKLtDh.png
    Rewards r well worth it. At higher tiers, many of those purple mats r needed.
    3jKmqcu.png

For the training droids challenge be sure to destroy the right hand side droid called healing support droid first.
    XSjYGI7.png

Training droids reward.
    lmx1aW1.png

Upgraded a few of my droid skills.
    3Z64qU7.png
    gLb4APv.png

I failed GW when all my heroes died.
    sgSEBQT.png
    This lone level 20 snowtrooper won't be able to kill an entire 5 man squad by himself so I gave up.
    YwCCVnJ.png

I tried to do an arena match but it said that there was someone else fighting me.
    DXMAUl7.png

Wanted to upgrade my IG86 to tier VI but it required 20 of those laptop things.
    F8SDa5C.png
    6tgabhN.png
    aW0FRe8.png

Bought a Poe shipment from cantina.
    BdULbOf.png

He's nearly done.
    izkgvrL.png

Last battle for GW!
    EpZ9VlE.png

I sacrificed five heroes, then brought my main squad to finish the job!
    Wx24uuJ.png

Yay for the final GW rewards!!
    EVUMMy9.png

Achievement unlocked- galactic conquest!
    XX9AeOh.png

And that concludes day 6 of my adventure in space o:)
  • Nice work @Reyia !

Finishing GW is quite satisfying. The extra 5 shards and purple mats are so handy.

Love your writing style, really wish I had read something like this before I started my main account. Keep up the good work!

My alt account got to #1 on arena today! Super pumped, especially because the two teams in #2 & #3 are about 1-2k more power. Running Chewie as leader with Talia, GS, IG86 and JC. Not bad for a ftp (except for dark side starter pack).

hXbOTqj.png
    JEKgKl2.png
    Nn6NnId.png

Got to 264 on my main account too which is great. Will hopefully be sub 200 soon.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Nice work @Reyia !

Finishing GW is quite satisfying. The extra 5 shards and purple mats are so handy.

Love your writing style, really wish I had read something like this before I started my main account. Keep up the good work!

My alt account got to #1 on arena today! Super pumped, especially because the two teams in #2 & #3 are about 1-2k more power. Running Chewie as leader with Talia, GS, IG86 and JC. Not bad for a ftp (except for dark side starter pack).

hXbOTqj.png
    JEKgKl2.png
    Nn6NnId.png

Got to 264 on my main account too which is great. Will hopefully be sub 200 soon.

Thanks @Giodude2000 !

Indeed, the rewards are awesome if u can complete GW. The rewards increases near the end, so u get much less at the beginning.

Glad to hear my diary is of help to u! A picture is worth a thousand words, that's why I decided to write a bit and include pics to make it easy to follow :-)

Congratulations on achieving rank 1!! The arena rewards for top ranks r so worth the extra effort. Once u reach the top it won't even cost much to maintain it. At most I spend 50 crystal for refresh but it more than pay back when u jump to rank 1-5. I usually stay at rank 2 for my main and rank 3-5 for my alt at the prize giving time. If I have time I will try to snipe the top one and I do get rank 1 rewards from time to time.

As u can see it's not on power alone that determines a match! For eg the droids team has relatively low power and can win vs those with thousands more power by using the damage meta and no healing.

How was yesterday and today for u? I'll be writing a few pages when I get back to work in about 8-9 hrs time.
  • I kept under 300 on my main account, won 4 so far and one more battle to get as high as I can before I get knocked down overnight.

Could only manage 2nd on my alt, one smart cookie on the shard is running droids with GS and Poe. Given the server is less than a week old I think he will stay at 1 for a while, units others are also farming Poe.
    Reyia wrote: »

As u can see it's not on power alone that determines a match! For eg the droids team has relatively low power and can win vs those with thousands more power by using the damage meta and no healing.

This is so true. Finding this more and miss ov my main account as I beat teams with higher power and lose to teams with lower power.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    I kept under 300 on my main account, won 4 so far and one more battle to get as high as I can before I get knocked down overnight.

Could only manage 2nd on my alt, one smart cookie on the shard is running droids with GS and Poe. Given the server is less than a week old I think he will stay at 1 for a while, units others are also farming Poe.

This is so true. Finding this more and miss ov my main account as I beat teams with higher power and lose to teams with lower power.

I didn't have to refresh today on my main and stayed at my usual rank 2. I would have refreshed if I fell but luckily there was no need. It was as if the server accepted who was their rank one and two lol.

That's my exact team! Maybe the latter is reading my diary and doing exactly what I'm doing haha. I'm running HK47 as lead, IG88, IG86, GS, and Poe. But my heroes r still low stars, that's why I can't beat number one and two yet in the alt server. Soon enough though, as I got a plan. I plan to make the whole team at 7*. Later I think I would need Poggle to buff Offense UP and pew pew the other team.

People will always find new combinations of heroes. Those who think outside the box and not copying everyone else.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    2 February 2016

Dear Diary, I had a Poe-tastic day today! I've unlocked one of the most famous/notorious hero in the galaxy, Poe Dameron! There have been countless NERF POE, POE IS OP, I QUIT threads on the official forum for weeks. The amount of toxic posts and flames is amazing to say the least.

The reason for this is Poe's skill Resistance Bravado. It makes him taunt for 2 turns, remove turn meter from each enemy and a chance to expose them for 2 turns. The removal of turn meter can't be resisted.

The current meta is damage one. Many arena matches' outcome is already clear before u even do a single move. The thing is, it's not caused by a single hero like Poe, it's how the game was designed. It's so frustrating to see most of ur heroes die so fast when u can't do anything about it.

When an arena match start, the hero who reaches 1000 first moves first. If there is a tie then it's RNG who decides who is taking the first turn. Poe's speed is 143, 7 times 143 is 1001, therefore Poe is a turn 7 hero.

The first time I completed GW was a really rewarding one. The GW shipments were used for IG86 to help the speed of starring it.
    VWeXwO9.png
    R75N0ny.png
    xt5ihNj.png
    AmiD3LX.png

1 Vader shard and 70k credits for logging in 7 times, yes please!
    K6melr1.png

Let the Poe journey begin!

Still not unlocked.
    aU6iMBd.png
    Ok let's do something about it.
    Q1ZOrB8.png
    A few Poe shards? Sure I'll take them :)
    5bc1irs.png
    There u go, 50/50!
    oAiT6bE.png
    Let's quickly activate him and poewn some noobs.
    fApEepo.png
    Shine bright like a diamond.
    hXM3Yfl.png
    Poe's a shooting star I see, a vision of ectasy.
    wmSgUcX.png
    Achievement unlocked- seventh light hero.
    TpiXKap.png
    It cost a bit to level up Poe, well worth it.
    8lEUrdT.png
    Over 1 k power within seconds of activating.
    0H10zeO.png
    I've got all the gear needed for a few tiers.
    gE7i7Mj.png

Today's top 20 is as follows.
    90TCzA9.png
    NutuUBM.png
    evay1GI.png
    yg7N4os.png
    sTjWzy0.png

I managed to get rank 2 just before the prize time!
    Kuco4hb.png
    LWI0pIK.png

Day 2 of login rewards were T2 training droids.
    ELz4R1J.png
    Finally I got 20 of those laptop thingies for my IG86.
    rzdiwtg.png
    Completed tier V.
    Zhdte1P.png
    Not too shabby now.
    UrSZjgs.png
    Upgraded my IG88 too.
    Vum4HC8.png
    What new players could miss is that higher levels of skills require purple ability mats. By scrolling down they can be seen.
    rfTtH0F.png

Yeehah I'm on a roll, lvl 46 already!
    5lV6CJI.png

Thank u Bronzium data card! They want me to get an Ewok team it seems.
    pmM1pyf.png
    xqzEnF6.png

And last but not least CG's false advertising! How did they get 30% off?! And u can't just take any character to that level, u also need the credits.
    fEnHl19.png

And that concludes day 7 of my adventure in space o:)
    Post edited by Reyia on
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    @Giodude2000 How are your two accounts now? Are u still top 10 in your alt, and have u managed to break through top 50 in your main? It's been over a week I haven't updated my Diary but I plan to write the whole week at once lol. I already have all the pics uploaded, it's just a matter of linking them. The patch have changed the arena to a whole new level- ability to see team composition and buff to speed teams.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    3 February 2016

Dear Diary, today has been a 'promotional' day! I've promoted several heroes to increase their power. Lunar festival event started today and CG gave away red pockets which can contain 10k-100k credits. GW has been challenging. I've sent several squads to suicide and still wasn't able to complete them. Ahhh the joy of F2P and not having enough credits to level enough heroes to make the viable for GW.

All my heroes died :'(
    kQXCOLm.png

Had three more enemies to kill and it was the eleventh battle.
    Ofl8U2x.png

I had no choice but to restart.
    OhByTsx.png

The starting enemy team was so easy.
    5mccr8T.png

There were two challenges today, ability mats, and INT gear.
    kSXUha5.png

The final boss in INT gear challenge was Mace Windu, such a weak and currently non viable hero. Just pew pew him and ignore the droids.
    yulBicF.png

Rewards are decent, saves time from SIM the battles.
    SMmVOlQ.png

Ah the famous Poe. So many Poe puns around these days LOL.
    sRCTs29.png

99 problems but a Poe ain't one said one. We all have 99 problems, and they all Poe's replied Stormy.

I wrote a short line on Poe:

I cant stand to shoot, I'm not that brave
    I'm just out to find, the better part of me
    I'm more than a taunt, I'm more than an expose
    More than some pretty face beside a droid
    Its not easy to be me

And also "Fifty shards of Poe."
    lJfCnj9.jpg

Now for the remaining promoted heroes.

IG86.
    szNvvsv.png
    B0Gdw7D.png
    XMZ3Z8f.png

JC.
    MAF7JlH.png
    aGGbZAY.png

GS.
    i6WuTt1.png
    o5l2t12.png

Achievement unlocked- ten heroes promoted!
    czssbJa.png

Okay now for the shard's top 20.
    MzvQyrM.png
    fBvPtsi.png
    A1gxG29.png
    EXakYyB.png
    GPEWFPN.png
    iYeltL4.png

Finished rank 3 today, not bad.
    3kOpMIg.png

Lunar festival event.
    i9D88zr.png

Red data card.
    nngBH2Z.png
    nc2CXzw.png
    KN3HYxE.png

I got 10k :(
    R1qg8Ty.png

And that concludes day 8 of my adventure in space o:)
  • My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    4 February 2016

Dear Diary, I have finally completed dark side stage 4. It has been harder to complete dark side missions as access to healers is considerably less than the light side with everyone having JC at the beginning. Talia decreases health while healing allies and that's not a great thing. The AI does silly things like using heal when the latter is low in health trying to heal.

Achievement unlocked - 5M credits. Huh, where did my credits go? Why am I always broke? :s
    FLQDaLB.png

Dark side stage 4 complete, yay!
    MpnyHsx.png

Achievement unlocked - The dark side path. I can feel Vader getting closer.
    3N9vjfU.png

Another failed GW *cries*
    FeRWEUo.png

Received rank 4 rewards today.
    HYK8qU7.png

Top 20 ranks.
    9WAkO2L.png
    kMH8NGv.png
    uzWW2MM.png
    AZXxDBy.png
    5F51heq.png
    at3K9Fx.png

The training droids pack were advertised on the app store.
    usdKXQB.png

Let's see how much this red data pack will give.
    NuqPn1Z.png

75k! Gees thanks CG!
    qOem9ZV.png

And that concludes day 9 of my adventure in space o:)
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    5 February 2016

Dear Diary, finally I completed light side stage 4! That last mission was a big pain in the butt, not only for me but for a big number of people judging by the number of threads on the official forum. It took me a while and after I leveled to 48 I was able to beat it. The damage from those level 30 enemies were unreal. That mission difficulty seem to be a bug as it was acknowledged. It might have been fixed in the newest update.

IG86 for today's login rewards yay! I need them for my droid team.
    mEf2m3u.png

Level 48. I love increases in level as they give heaps of energy and cantina energy <3
    VYLofYJ.png

Achievement unlocked - A delivery awaits.
    1QjQWXl.png

One of the hardest mission to complete as a new player!
    ef2DxNv.png

Rank 5 today. Not always free at 6 pm local time.
    lXxr4om.png

Top 20.
    u5Llzb8.png
    ndDSl38.png
    Yn2A6Zf.png
    mAwgLyH.png
    Mlnmrsg.png

Achievement unlocked - The light side path. Yoda, yoda I can feel your calling.
    IKLl7Dw.png
    pWfESSn.png

And that concludes day 10 of my adventure in space o:)
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    6 February 2016

Dear Diary, today has been a colossal day! I've added so many new heroes to my roster that my head was spinning out of control! The timer EA put on packs has been an overwhelming pressure. Kept asking myself, should I buy the packs or not?? Thankfully the soon to be released Jedi only event made the decision easier. I decided to get a head-start by getting the packs to make it easier to level to max stars.

Login rewards for today, 10k.
    lIUOZs9.png

Level 49.
    WCu7ArM.png

IG88 upgrade complete. Reboot initialised. Check passed. Status ok.
    pyHmgb2.png
    XLnuYY1.png

Ready to kick **** like Chuck Norris, Mr Poe?
    qScdqzZ.png
    hcSMZX3.png

With one shot there are no more challenges. Poewned.
    AOUQF6S.png

Two hours and ticking.
    deu2h9h.png

One hour and ticking. Buy, or buy not. There is no in between.
    JzICC1b.png

Ok too much pressure! Here have my money EA.
    10eJPfT.png

Jedi starter bundle. Crazy thing is, it’s all real. The Jedi, the Force – it’s true. All true.
    GIWWVa1.png
    yT1p8xW.png
    v3KANIV.png
    NWjZmAx.png
    I8DjLpX.png

Achievement unlocked- Light side collection.
    OlY0KxM.png

From the shards obtained heroes were promoted. The Force is awakening. Well slightly.
    O9DX4l0.png
    7f9XRWa.png
    KJhVRAj.png
    iElj8JF.png
    mdraJfi.png

Heroine starter bundle. Yay bring it on ladies!
    EH0b3VP.png
    h2IqfWq.png
    juzx0ct.png
    XVoNwMb.png
    qbSK18X.png
    h4s4PJo.png
    suuQF9k.png
    Lbzh8Oy.png
    YwR2opd.png

Achievement unlocked- Dark side collection.
    rGZKyxG.png

Achievement unlocked- Light side collection.
    iqav1uD.png

Heroines unite! Let's take over the galaxy.
    1uXqOfb.png
    be2e8g3.png
    jW2Hep5.png
    3qaA1Im.png
    kbDb68R.png
    QdpjuNF.png
    mbIWgLJ.png
    Cl3HOjm.png

Who said bug? Wait till I exterminate u.
    cpXWWg6.png

Finished today's GW, restarted and completed that too, wow!
    wru0xsy.png
    wzUudvW.png
    nfUFaBs.png
    zLAj6Fm.png

So many new heroes!
    sIy43jk.png

Thanks Barriss for your help in GW!
    KMV9h1J.png

With all those dailies complete I was able to quickly level. Now 50.
    hYxaJvf.png

Achievement unlocked- Feel the Force.
    U2tZdH1.png

Hopefully Mace will be viable after patch. I'm counting on u Mace! Let's do invincible assaults onto those speed teams lead by QGJ.
    bvk1MMc.png

And that concludes day 11 of my adventure in space o:)

sRCTs29.png

99 problems but a Poe ain't one said one. We all have 99 problems, and they all Poe's replied Stormy.

Its not easy to be me

lJfCnj9.jpg

Marvelous.

Also, GZ on day 11 :) good call on buying the two packs there.

548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
    @Giodude2000 How are your two accounts now? Are u still top 10 in your alt, and have u managed to break through top 50 in your main? It's been over a week I haven't updated my Diary but I plan to write the whole week at once lol. I already have all the pics uploaded, it's just a matter of linking them. The patch have changed the arena to a whole new level- ability to see team composition and buff to speed teams.

Hey @Reyia , great to see some updates here. I have been able to keep to 10 on my alt bit out is tough as a ftp. I am staying to fall behind a bit power wise, top 5 are all 2-3k higher than me. Still, I managed to get to 4th today but got sniped back to 7th at prize time (i.e. 2 mins after my last battle!!)

I have not progressed very fast on my main add I was experimenting with arena rankings and GW difficulty so was sticking between 400 - 500. I think it did bugger all though, so starting moving up again. Hit a PB today of 218th, should be to 200 soon.
  • Oh no, you gave into the dark side and handed over your cash! I must admit I have been tempted many times but have resisted the urge!

You should be able to maintain top 10 pretty easily with your expanded roster though. Plus so many extra options for GW. Bariss is great isn't she? Wait till you unlock Cantina level 6 and can farm her more effectively. Bring on the jedi challenge!
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    OmarFPG wrote: »

sRCTs29.png

Its not easy to be me

lJfCnj9.jpg

Marvelous.

Also, GZ on day 11 :) good call on buying the two packs there.

@OmarFPG Thanks!

Those two packs are so helpful. Thanks to them I'm able to complete GW on quite a few days now. Besides if I didn't buy them I would hold some regret if later on I think that I should have gotten the pack.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    This blog is very cool. I enjoy checking on your progress. Though so many images makes this page take a long time to load. :)
    BTW not sure if you know this or not but when you train a character to your current max, always make sure to use at least some level 1 droids, to avoid wasting XP.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member

Hey @Reyia , great to see some updates here. I have been able to keep to 10 on my alt bit out is tough as a ftp. I am staying to fall behind a bit power wise, top 5 are all 2-3k higher than me. Still, I managed to get to 4th today but got sniped back to 7th at prize time (i.e. 2 mins after my last battle!!)

I have not progressed very fast on my main add I was experimenting with arena rankings and GW difficulty so was sticking between 400 - 500. I think it did bugger all though, so starting moving up again. Hit a PB today of 218th, should be to 200 soon.

Hey @Giodude2000, I've been so busy recently so I wasn't able to post one daily but I do take screenshots on the phone so that I can post them later on. Wow I didn't know it was so competitive on your shard. Mine isn't and I usually maintain my rank and doesn't go below 7 on any day.

It is hard as F2P to remain competitive for an extended period of time. What I do is recycle the crystals gained from arena into energy and cantina refreshes. I do the 50 and 100 for energy and 100 and 200 for cantina. Sometimes I do the 200 for energy if there are extra available crystals.

It's hard to catch up on older servers as u have made quite a few mistakes on the way where as on the alt u wouldn't have done the same mistakes.

200 still a pretty good rank as far as arena tokens are concerned. The only thing is not much crystals as the top ranks.
    Oh no, you gave into the dark side and handed over your cash! I must admit I have been tempted many times but have resisted the urge!

You should be able to maintain top 10 pretty easily with your expanded roster though. Plus so many extra options for GW. Bariss is great isn't she? Wait till you unlock Cantina level 6 and can farm her more effectively. Bring on the jedi challenge!

I did gave in! :s It's so hard when the countdown is on, and u know that after it has expired u will never see them again!

I do maintain top 10 quite easily using only my droid team. I use HK47 as lead, IG88, IG86, GS, and Poe. Now I have my first 7*! GS as the bug is so easy to farm. One shot, one kill! :)

Barriss is awesome! She made healing oh so much easier! I only have JC and Talia but Talia dies so quickly. Every time after a heal the AI targets her and she dies. I don't have Lumi as all my GW goes to IG86. Won't be long before a 7* now and also thanks to the Feb log in rewards.

It will be a while before I'm ready for Jedi challenge. Besides I don't have a Jedi team as I'm too far invested into a droid team.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    This blog is very cool. I enjoy checking on your progress. Though so many images makes this page take a long time to load. :)
    BTW not sure if you know this or not but when you train a character to your current max, always make sure to use at least some level 1 droids, to avoid wasting XP.

Thanks @Qeltar ! Ikr those image files do take a while! Unless you have a very fast connection it would take at least a min to load.

I have many more pages to write, and running behind but I do update when I have available time.

Yes I got to know that after lots of mistakes. Remember those $5 packs that give 5 star training droids? Well I used them to level my level one characters to level ten or so when I first started. At the time I would use the biggest ones first. Learnt how to use them in online guides and since then haven't wasted any.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    7 February 2016

Dear Diary, today has been a 'challenging' day! All the challenges were opened at once and it's so hectic trying to complete them all. Amongst all the challenges the AGI ones were the most difficult. The droids needed to be destroyed asap or they will shoot and kill when Savage Opress reduces all members to 1 health.

Today's login reward is 2 IG86 shards yay! I need those precious shards to increase the level of my precision striking bot.
    WCZgC0z.png

I made a few new friends and now I have twenty five **** friends! Let's rule the galaxy with superior firepower! Alone I'm weak, together we are strong.
    dQDybQW.png

Sunday challenges.
    RmQqXxf.png
    XXifGjf.png

I'm level 50 and first node of GW are level 50 and over enemy heroes. FML.
    J2VTnJv.png

I gave Talia some water of Life and she grew more alive.
    4iSA4MT.png
    QU5Igv3.png

I increased one level to fifty one.
    86DgJqN.png

Managed rank four today.
    vNUJZmR.png

Today's top 20 ranks.
    QYK0D49.png
    vVGZdl5.png
    9T6G9zP.png
    7kGOOIf.png
    nMr6YMX.png
    It seems rank 19 likes to scratch.
    5Q4M5zx.png

Red data card gave me 50k oh yes, finally something over 10k!
    Wfday3z.png

And that concludes day 12 of my adventure in space o:)
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    8 February 2016

Dear Diary, today was the first day of the new year! Happy New Lunar Year to everyone! I reached the last major milestone in the life of SWHOG, level 52. Keycard battles unlocked and I got access to two new areas, keycard table where the keycards are claimed and keycard battles whereby an hour was granted for the battles.

Happy New Lunar Year of the Monkey! May this year be prosperous and productive!
    kskJh7K.jpg?1

Red data cards were available already for a few days.
    tly8lX1.png?1

Today's login rewards were T3 training droids.
    YOnbyjr.png

Major milestone: level fifty two.
    f52IWWP.png

IG88 hardware upgrade to 5.6.
    LIOV1F7.png
    APrw2Kg.png

IG88 hardware upgrade to 5.7.
    OHLbgbp.png
    B0GUDLz.png
    xbtLjMc.png

Keycard table where keycards were claimed.
    U2hG6Wd.png

Two different types of keycard battles were available.
    v5zvCTr.png

There was one hour limit to the battle.
    1701gmo.png
    4WYZovj.png

A steep cost of 50 energy.
    fc9k5bB.png

100k credits as reward.
    PAgWKjm.png

Made my squad under the leadership of my recently upgraded combat droid.
    62GmgFB.png

The last boss, Teebo of the profit mining battle was easy to kill. Just focus on the former and ignore droids.
    BwRTqXc.png

Thanks for the 100k, they will be used in no time!
    TPxW2f0.png

Achievement unlocked- Profit mining.
    tnmfbSp.png

Made rank 3 today.
    2Fpd4bW.png

I'm 52 and I'm facing 65 purple geared heroes. Only one of my hero is purple gear, the rest are blue. Don't have that many heroes to suicide as well. I wonder how hard would it be for the developers to improve GW matchmaking. For a start I would suggest a level difference of not more than ten.
    anYtBEj.png

And that concludes day 13 of my adventure in space o:)
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    9 February 2016

Dear Diary, today I've increased the power of many of my heroes- GS, HK47, JC, and IG86. GS, HK47, and IG86 immediately benefited my arena squad and JC helped me in many tight GW situations by having a short cooldown heal. My squad leader is HK47 wrecking mayhem, with IG88 rapidly firing at all enemies, IG86 tactically assassinating, GS swarming enemies, and Poe one shotting challenges.

Today's login reward is 15k credits.
    aIR7rtw.png

GS advancing rapidly. Don't nerf him please, I promise not to use hive tactics.
    OLxs68Z.png
    us7NJj4.png

Achievement unlocked- More powerful. Oh yes I can feel the Force.
    DRUWdAX.png

Kylo Ren mission got unlocked.
    fnUPrFc.png

HK47 now purple geared.
    ZlkehEp.png
    p9zHI6V.png

Wow u got a long light saber JC!
    uRQAtfz.png

With more gear JC becomes agile and intelligent.
    ueRp9gy.png

IG86 hardware upgrade from 4.6 to 5.6. ROM scan complete. Checksums validated.
    BpiCjJi.png
    hFx0oRN.png
    R3jlpZ6.png

Sniped to rank 2. Just in time for prize :D
    ZfpsjsP.png

Today's top ranks.
    QvNmfzg.png
    b1awvU4.png
    GZXsQF3.png
    uWRyrM8.png
    3hG19cx.png

Nice 450 crystals, handy for refreshes!
    d70rsBx.png

I obtained my first 7* in my main today so I thought I would post it here and not make a separate thread in forum titled My first 7*!
    x573NR6.png
    CtZMsAB.png

And that concludes day 14 of my adventure in space o:)