I dislike the new gear pieces

This is not a complain about the grind but about the way the new gear pieces are "assembled".

They have components AND prototypes.

Can you please make a change to how they are displayed or make it so that components (which need 60) can be put together without the prototype?

The reason I am saying this is because I just spent 1500 crystals buying 60 Mk IX datapad components but I THOUGHT I was spending them on the prototype.

This is very frustrating as I already have hundreds of the components. If they could be compiled into pieces I could quickly look and see that I have plenty of them instead of it showing up like I don't habe any of them.

I've been waiting to get TFP to gear 11 for quite a while and I thought I was able to get there tonight.

I used expletives when I realized my error. Lots of expletives.

Replies

• Done the same thing with Mk4 stun guns... costs the same as mk5, but are the ones I got 1300+ of.
    Funny that they look exactly alike and cost the same, with only a number that seperates them...
  • I think the problem is that we can't actually see what gear/salvage we have stocked without going into a character and looking at what they need. That within itself is a broken system I think we should be able to inventory what we have not just with gear, but with mods as well being able to see the mods not equipped and long forgotten mods that you equipped on a random toon lol
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • Theophany wrote: »
    I think the problem is that we can't actually see what gear/salvage we have stocked without going into a character and looking at what they need. That within itself is a broken system I think we should be able to inventory what we have not just with gear, but with mods as well being able to see the mods not equipped and long forgotten mods that you equipped on a random toon lol

Word.
    +1
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Ezeziel wrote: »
    Done the same thing with Mk4 stun guns... costs the same as mk5, but are the ones I got 1300+ of.
    Funny that they look exactly alike and cost the same, with only a number that seperates them...

Just always make sure you have a few of the Mk4 stun guns crafted to stop any confusion there until they fix the system.
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Done the same thing with Mk4 stun guns... costs the same as mk5, but are the ones I got 1300+ of.

Just always make sure you have a few of the Mk4 stun guns crafted to stop any confusion there until they fix the system.

Usually do, but was at 0. And with no possibility in game to craft them unless they are needed for a toon there's not much to do.
  • I made the same error :/ very irritating
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    I made the same error :/ very irritating

I almost did the other day, but luckily caught it before I did
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • Ezeziel wrote: »

No, they dont cost the same. MK5 costs 1274, MK4 costs 1400. Be aware...
  • Ezeziel wrote: »
    Vertigo wrote: »

Usually do, but was at 0. And with no possibility in game to craft them unless they are needed for a toon there's not much to do.

Look at mk7 thermal son and craft them from there
  • i found a way around this. go to the event rewards in the raids click on the prize box. then highlight the items they give out. then you can easily see how many you have of each.
  • Used to have an inventory. Used to be able to sell gear you had thousands of.

But due to user feedback about it being far to convenient and easy to use -- EA/CG got rid of it.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice

But due to user feedback about it being far to convenient and easy to use -- EA/CG got rid of it.

That was before my time. Back when Sidious was at the top of the leader board?

Yes, that was a great feature that allowed us to see how much gear we had in inventory and allowed us to sell the **** we didn't need for credits... I still don't understand why they took this away, but it would be extremely nice to bring back soon!

Yes, that was a great feature that allowed us to see how much gear we had in inventory and allowed us to sell the **** we didn't need for credits... I still don't understand why they took this away, but it would be extremely nice to bring back soon!

I think it was before my time and I came in Jan 15. So probably when Poe was running rampant

That was before my time. Back when Sidious was at the top of the leader board?

Probably, I don't recall when it happened, I didn't use the forum then, just played. I assume it was so they could sell credits to you for crystals and Arena tokens -- and maybe so you wouldn't see the 10K of some items you have.... (they said they needed to clear screen space.....). Which, alright, monetization, I've tried not to come down on it - buuuut in losing a basic inventory screen for Gear, and not really having a dedicated inventory screen for Mods, it's made the game very clunky.

#AcolyteShootsTwice