PLEASE make energy recharging faster or more viable

There are four things about this game that conspire to make me want to throw my phone against a wall:
1. Low drop rates on items and shards.
2. High energy costs for missions.
3. Low energy recharge rate.
4. "Doubling" costs to buy energy recharges.
One or two of these things would be fine, but all of them together are exasperating. As an example, I just spent 80 Cantina energy trying to get some Consular shards. I got 1 in 8 tries. 80 Cantina energy takes an entire day to recharge! I can buy 120 more for 100 shards, but then it doubles every time after that.
You guys want to make some money on crystals, fine, but please balance this a little bit better.
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• Alatar
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Man I do 2 energy refreshes at 50 crystals each and 1 cantina energy refresh for 100 every day from free crystals. I already spend way too much time on this game. I got this as a long-term game where I can put a couple hours in over the course of the day and be maxed out on progression (for someone who doesn't spend a ton). It's a mobile game on the freemium model and I knew that going in. If I wanted a game to spend more time with, I have plenty in my steam library.
  • Alatar
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Hmm I can't figure out how to delete an accidental double-post.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    "Preventing people from playing too much" isn't really a valid model of game design IMO. And given how many bits and pieces it takes to get just one item of equipment at high levels, you can easily blow through 3 energy recharges in just a few minutes using sim tickets.
  • Alatar
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Regardless of the actual time spent, consider that it's already pretty easy to level a lot of characters. I've only been playing for the couple weeks since the global launch, and my Consular is at 66/85 toward 6 stars and at gear level 7 - gear level 8 as soon as I hit 52; the gear is already ready. We don't need to max out immediately. Part of the fun of any game is progression.

I think the pace they have set progression is fine (with the exception of chromium-only characters). I want a game I can have on my phone and play every day for months like I used to with Clash of Clans before my clan quit. Maxing out early would quickly lead to boredom. I need long-term goals and achievements in addition to the pvp ranking to keep me interested.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    You must have bought a LOT of energy refills or gotten lucky with packs or something, or spent all your resources just on him, to get him that far advanced so fast.
    In fairness, I did try again with the Consular and had a bit better luck. However, I also just went 1/6 trying to get my last 2 Boba Fett shards so I am now sitting at 79 for a full day unless I want to pay 50 shards per additional try (which I do not).
  • Alatar
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I've done one Cantina energy refresh (and two normal energy refreshes for 50 each) every day. I did hard modes for Consular a lot too, but stopped a while ago since I figured the energy was better spent getting gear now that I've started the purple grind. I've stopped all hard modes except 5 per day for the daily task.

edit: I should note for the record I believe that comes out to 240 Cantina energy per day as it's 12 minutes per point and 120 for a refresh. That comes out to 24 attempts at a Consular shard. If my 1/3 estimate is correct, that's about an average of 8 shards per day from Cantina energy plus 3 per day from hard modes for most of the time I've been playing. He starts at 2 stars so to get to where I'm at now I've gained 66 (my current)+65 (to get to 5 stars)+30 (to get to 4 stars)+25 (to get to 3 stars)=186 shards. I've been playing since the global launch which I believe was Nov 24, 16 days ago. Of that, something like half of it has been since level 44 when the Consular's cantina battle unlocked. So I've been a bit lucky with my shards, but not by that much.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    1/3 is what I just got in a refresh I purchased. I admit that 8 per day is not bad. I still think the doubling energy costs is the most annoying part of this.
  • Alatar
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    11 per day if you do his 3 hard modes as well. ;)

edit: Also, how many crystals are you planning on buying? I spend 200 crystals per day (often plus an additional 50 on arena refreshes). That 200 is all before any doubling occurs. That's almost all of the crystals I'm getting every day.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    If I do his hard modes I am blowing a whole energy recharge I could be using for gear, but yes.
    The only crystals I have bought are from the 5-buck 21-day plan, so I get 100 per day. I usually earn 200-300 per day through gameplay (depending on sniping luck in Arena) and until recently was "self-sufficient" in that my total was staying about the same each day. I had about 2500 or so from various things early in the game that give you crystals. The last few days I have started using a bit more, mostly to farm gear and get XP, and unlock Boba, so it is drifting down. Yesterday I ended the day at around 2000, today it may be around 1800. At some point I will likely stop purchasing so much when it becomes clear that I'm moving into a slog of weeks rather than days for new milestones. :)
  • Alatar
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I would have totally gotten that 100/day for 21 day plan, but it's not available for me. I have this awful 125 for 7 day one.

Also remember that you need 5 hard modes per day for daily tasks. May as well spend them on Consular. I got Dooku to 4 stars, but I'm going back to Consular now.
  • I am at 50ish level, and i am starting to see, how balanced this game is. Sometimes i get 1 shard out of 12 tries, sometimes i get 9-10 shards, it is just the essence of all these type of games. Considering energy, it takes 2-3 days to max out a characters gear, which is also fine imo. So keep up the good work!
  • Ivinol
    68 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I needed 15days +4 refills =102 trys to get my Dooku 4*=30 shards.
    You got 186 consul shards+gearlevel 7+30 dooku shards in 16days only with 2 refills/day.
    rofl
  • Alatar wrote: »
    Man I do 2 energy refreshes at 50 crystals each and 1 cantina energy refresh for 100 every day from free crystals. I already spend way too much time on this game. I got this as a long-term game where I can put a couple hours in over the course of the day and be maxed out on progression (for someone who doesn't spend a ton). It's a mobile game on the freemium model and I knew that going in. If I wanted a game to spend more time with, I have plenty in my steam library.

I do the exact same thing on free crystals, spending 100 on Cantina and 50 on Squad Arena and Normal Light/Dark battles. I never pay for a second round though since the doubled price kills that idea....

• Ivinol wrote: »
    You got 186 consul shards+gearlevel 7+30 dooku shards in 16days only with 2 refills/day.
    rofl

^ this is how I feel pretty much in every thread once I read some of these guys stories.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    It's this reason why I stay away from Dooku and other players where farming shards one at a time is the only possibility. I am focused for now only on characters I can get in shipment since I can get 5 shards at a clip.
  • Ivinol wrote: »
    rofl

Ya, not buying it either.

I just wasted all my Cantina energy again trying to get Consular shards. 2/10. I don't want to hear about the "high drop rate".
  • Or they're that one person that has better luck than any other 10 people combined. The last couple days my drop rate for shards has been crap and for equipment, even worse. Had 298 energy this morning, finished ONE piece on Barriss and am currently 0/16 on getting the last component to finish a piece on Mace.

I only do 2 refills a day at 50 and would loved to have been offered the crystal daily, but don't have it.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    220 energy spent on Cantina. 108 energy spent on regular battles. That's 31 battles total, and cost me 150 crystals on refills.
    8 shards. Ridiculous.
  • I keep reading about the crystal subscriptions. Where they at?
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • jeremyj26 wrote: »
    I keep reading about the crystal subscriptions. Where they at?

Only part of the customer base are offered them. If you don't see the offer in your crystal section of the store, you're one of the players that don't have it. it's a known issue that's being ignored.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    220 energy spent on Cantina. 108 energy spent on regular battles. That's 31 battles total, and cost me 150 crystals on refills.
    8 shards. Ridiculous.

That's 4 more than I got lol.