Poe, Poggle, HK lead, 88, 86 is not ezmode in top 30

Just wanted to give a heads up about it to other would-be droidragers. My Poe and Poggle are still 4*, and dropping Lumi and Han improved my rank from 70s to 20s, but I just my butt handed to me by a 7* Phasma led Lumi Daka Dooku Sid. My Poe and Poggle went first, and that team didn't care at all. My hk is 5*, 88 is 6*, and 86 is 7*.

Just posting as info as this is the characters and strategy section.

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Your guys are not very high-starred. There's a Poe/Poggle/HK/88/86 team on my shard that I can't even come close to beating with a team quite similar to the one you faced. Though with any team featuring Daka and Dooku, RNG is a big factor.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I have a guy in my top 10 runs that team all 7* purple about 27k power give or take and it is a force. I found strategy to beat it, but it is typically a blood bath. I've never left with 5 toons vs that team.
  • I have been working on this team for over a month. Finally got it viable yesterday. I am $60 into the game at this point. Funny thing is had I not made a whole bunch of other good characters I could still have gotten this team with 0 $

Glad my wife don't know!!!
  • It mostly comes down to what teams you face on your leaderboard. I run HK 6* lead, 86 6*, 88 6*, Poggle 6*, and Poe 5*. All level 68 now with max gear. Pog and 88 will both be 7* tonight.

Haven't found a team on my leaderboard that I can't beat. May not beat them first try if RNG is not in my favor, but they can be beat. I face the same comp that you had trouble with and beat it no problem usually. With my Poe going first it would be pretty easy.

A lot of it is also knowing who to take down in what order and with which toons.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • The Droid team lacks speed. If you're not using Poe to draw off the initial salvo of shots, you can expect to have 88 and/or 86 obliterated in the Arena before they get a chance to really shine. I don't personally use Poe on principle and I hate to have come to this conclusion.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • CptCaveman wrote: »
    It mostly comes down to what teams you face on your leaderboard. I run HK 6* lead, 86 6*, 88 6*, Poggle 6*, and Poe 5*. All level 68 now with max gear. Pog and 88 will both be 7* tonight.

Haven't found a team on my leaderboard that I can't beat. May not beat them first try if RNG is not in my favor, but they can be beat. I face the same comp that you had trouble with and beat it no problem usually. With my Poe going first it would be pretty easy.

A lot of it is also knowing who to take down in what order and with which toons.

Give us a run down who to take down first

Well, in that instance, with my Poe and Pog going first against that lineup, either 88 or 86 will go next. If it is 86, I would target Dooku with his assist to get him out of the way early. If he calls a droid it will usually result in a dead Dooku. Then I use 88 AOE and possibly get enough crits to go twice with him and focus down Daka next. Use HK special to hopefully get some ability blocks and put on some more dmg.

If 88 goes first, I use his basic on Daka to avoid hitting Dooku and triggering his counter, then use 86s assist on Dooku, then go back and focus down Daka. These two are most dangerous with their stuns, Dakas revive, and Dookus counter with turn meter gain. Lumi would be my next priority, Sid or Phasma would be last.

It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • I'm able to break top 30 with my Droid team on my server, same as yours but with 5* GS just because. Just got Poe and working on him to replace GS, hoping to get into the top 15, will see what happens!
  • Don't get me wrong, I could totally fail against that lineup with bad RNG. Misses, evades, bad assists, no crits, the enemy gets some good revives at the right time, it could all spell disaster. But, I feel confident that I could beat it the large majority of the time.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    If Poe go first, and they chain crits, droids can beat anyone. The turn meter on crits means if they are lucky with crits (in particular in AOE), they can start a chain reaction that skills everybody.
    But they are slow compared to current meta, and they need Poe vs fast teams
  • Well you're probably competing against 7* teams that are 5 - 8k power above your team. Should be expected I think
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    don't run hk-47. He is too slow. Replace him with Geosoldier, and then decide on your leader. I don't have poggle, but 25% offense to droids and geo's seems fantastic, but IG88's lead might be better.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    HK is slow but he gives 30% TM on crits
  • No one runs HK-47 for damage. You run him for his leader ability. Poggle's offense buff comes nowhere close to the turn meter gain from 47's leader skill. That skill about puts droids on par with high speed comps. It is nothing for my 47 and 88 to go twice in a round due to their AOEs critting on 4-5 guys.
  • eventually drop poggle add geo and you will be in top 10 when you 7 star him.
  • This team got me to rank 13 today, but last I checked I was 24. The funniest thing was a lack of Poe
  • I have been working on this team for over a month. Finally got it viable yesterday. I am $60 into the game at this point. Funny thing is had I not made a whole bunch of other good characters I could still have gotten this team with 0 $

Glad my wife don't know!!!

Just go ahead and open up another bank account that she doesn't know about.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • I don't roll like that.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    I got rolled over by an HK-47 lead team on his way to the top 6. Started working on Poe, the next thing I knew everyone was low on health, Daka died, and Luma and JC were ability blocked.
  • Triqui wrote: »
    HK is slow but he gives 30% TM on crits

But who are you excluding to bring him in? Eg. A GS will attack and bring an assist. Basically, it's 4 vs 5 if he goes first. Or a QGJ whoch can dispel their Poe's Taunt. The problem is not HK but what you cannot add to have TM IF YOUR DROIDS HAPPEN TO HAVE A TURN AT ALL. When Poe vs Poe and enemy has GS or QGJ, your droids may not live enough. An early assist assure you they can be used even prior to their turn. Who cares if the droids hit very iften when the first is decided earlier.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    If your Poe goes first and steal TM, you can fire the first barrage. If there are enough crits, you get a Free round there.
  • I'll gladly take the TM from HK over the instant alpha of GS. I may miss out on that one big hit, but if HK and 88 both instantly gain another turn from their AOEs that damage will make up for the missed damage from GS. They crit on that extra turn and they are that much closer to stealing another turn. One of them crits while assisting 86 and that is potentially 3 turns for 1.

May not work on a whale server, but it works absolutely fine for me on a daily basis. I end the rewards in top 15 now, start back over in the 30s. I may not be able to hold my spot, but my HK(L), 86, 88, Poggle, Poe can climb right inside with the big boys who are all 4-5k above me in power. I've tried taking HK out and subbing in GS while using 88 as the leader. It is effective, but it isn't as effective. That turn meter manipulation is too good to pass up.
  • I would like to see phasma poe poggle dooku daka