More characters, future Palp/Yoda events, and a good setup

I can honestly say I am pretty pumped after reading that Developer Update. We were all heard and EA is working harder to keep this game going in a positive direction. Now we all kind of have a plan on when new characters will have an easier (farmable) place. Major thumbs up from me.

Replies

• I think it's a great update too. I look forward to characters being more available that have been completely unavailable outside of tournaments, like Chirrut.

These forums are pretty negative, due in most part to some decisions that deserved the feedback, but this is a good one we can all be postive about. Thanks CG.
  • It's good to know we will all have a chance at these characters being FTP or PTP.
  • Love the clarity the update provided.

2 thumbs up @CG_TopHat Well done!
  • Stav
    34 posts Member
    Seems like an excellent way to keep moving forward!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Love the clarity the update provided.

2 thumbs up @CG_TopHat Well done!

This^^

For now. We'll be keeping an eye on you @CG_TopHat.
  • I only have a couple questions will the special pack prices remain at the ridiculous price of 2999 crystals for 10 shards? Will chromiums go back to dropping new characters more frequently or do we have to suffer through the terrible baze model?
  • ARCTrooperFives
    737 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    One thing I really like is the potential for how to use the monthly login characters. Essentially they do either of these options:
    1. Rework a toon (Kylo, Boba, Wedge, JKA), that are FTP
    2. Release a generic toon (TFP, SRP), that becomes FTP

The way that they are releasing higher-end toons like Krooper is good because you at least get a basic unlock.

But I hope that we will still get more FTP, simple toons that have a good synergy from monthly logins, so we can get more FTP toons, while not essentially spectacular, quicker
  • Drop the star requirement for raids. Use gear and or character level instead.
  • Also they gave us some info!!!
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ewakawaka wrote: »
    Drop the star requirement for raids. Use gear and or character level instead.

That would completely void the structure they are setting up. You want full usefulness of a toon right away you need to pay.

If they did what you are asking anyone could save coins and gear and bypass the "exclusive" period they are trying to set up.
  • I appreciate how CG_TopHat is managing expectations by communicating the plan. Even if the plan has to change I think it's better to share the vision / direction the game is going as they know it today.

This is a good first step