Arena Team Rework Advices

Hi,

I'm level 85 on a May 2016 shard. I would need some advices on my arena team. I can usually rank 35-50 and it's enough for me now. I don't run now for the first places yet. So, if I can stay between 20-50 to have 150 crystals a day, I'm OK.

My arena team was able to compete for these rankings until 2 or 3 days ago where I started to decrease and fall after rank 50 at the payout. I can only play early in the morning and in the evening after the payout so I also need a team that's good on defense.

I use all toons lvl 85 7* except RG 6*: EP(L) gr 10, RG gr 9, JKA gr 10, QGJ gr 11 and BF gr 10. As I mentioned before, this team was able to stay under rank 50 during the day. I can easily go to rank 30-35, but now after 2 hours, I turn around rank 50.

I'm working on TFP (almost 6* gr 8 lvl 85), DT (3* gr 8 lvl 85) and SF (7* gr 8 lvl 85). Just missing 4 Syringe for JKA to be gr 11. After grinding TFP, I will try to get better mods also.

Any advices how to stay on that range ?

https://swgoh.gg/u/bulywif/collection/

Replies

• BulYwif wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm level 85 on a May 2016 shard. I would need some advices on my arena team. I can usually rank 35-50 and it's enough for me now. I don't run now for the first places yet. So, if I can stay between 20-50 to have 150 crystals a day, I'm OK.

My arena team was able to compete for these rankings until 2 or 3 days ago where I started to decrease and fall after rank 50 at the payout. I can only play early in the morning and in the evening after the payout so I also need a team that's good on defense.

I use all toons lvl 85 7* except RG 6*: EP(L) gr 10, RG gr 9, JKA gr 10, QGJ gr 11 and BF gr 10. As I mentioned before, this team was able to stay under rank 50 during the day. I can easily go to rank 30-35, but now after 2 hours, I turn around rank 50.

I'm working on TFP (almost 6* gr 8 lvl 85), DT (3* gr 8 lvl 85) and SF (7* gr 8 lvl 85). Just missing 4 Syringe for JKA to be gr 11. After grinding TFP, I will try to get better mods also.

Any advices how to stay on that range ?

https://swgoh.gg/u/bulywif/collection/

You on discord? I can get you help got great guys as well that won't hesitate to help out either
  • I'm not on discord. JKA is now gr 11. Ranking 65 this morning. Only missing Mk10 TaggeCo Holo Lens to gear up EP to 11 also. But I'm facing more and more the speed meta now. It seems that the guys thta I faced before are upgrading their mods.
  • Sgc8647
    87 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    To OP:
    what is happening is two things: your team while a good composition is too slow and offer no protection to an Fast ability blocker (like opposing TFP or boba) and / or Fast Wiggs / Fast Sthan.

So opposing ennemy just have to Ability block EP (+ Buff immunity from TFP) and your JKA can't offense up and your RG won't taunt) and then they can open up on the target of their choosing

unfortunatly the answer you need are faster TFP (over 210 speed is starting to be decent / good) a faster Boba (like above 200) since you have no pre taunt tank in the form of Shoretrooper.

you can keep the current team as is (double tank is good and RG brings in a stun + Empire Health buff) but drop JKA for Shoretrooper. even at 3* and low gear 9 he will be usefull (because of double tank) when under full protection mods. (but try to get him to Gear 10 asap)
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Sgc8647 wrote: »
    To OP:
    what is happening is two things: your team while a good composition is too slow and offer no protection to an Fast ability blocker (like opposing TFP or boba) and / or Fast Wiggs / Fast Sthan.

So opposing ennemy just have to Ability block EP (+ Buff immunity from TFP) and your JKA can't offense up and your RG won't taunt) and then they can open up on the target of their choosing

unfortunatly the answer you need are faster TFP (over 210 speed is starting to be decent / good) a faster Boba (like above 200) since you have no pre taunt tank in the form of Shoretrooper.

you can keep the current team as is (double tank is good and RG brings in a stun + Empire Health buff) but drop JKA for Shoretrooper. even at 3* and low gear 9 he will be usefull (because of double tank) when under full protection mods. (but try to get him to Gear 10 asap)

Thanks for the feedback. I'm working on TFP right now. He's now 6* gr 8, just need an Mk5 CEC to put him gr 9. After starring him to 7*, I will grind some secondary speed mods to make him faster. I think I'll replace QGJ with him at the beginning to have :
    EP(L), RG, TFP, JKA and BF.

I'm also leveling RG but only using the hard battle nodes since I use the cantina for TFP.
  • DeeRod12 wrote: »

You on discord? I can get you help got great guys as well that won't hesitate to help out either

What is the Discord channel? As I would appreciate the opportunity to join the conversation...
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • To OP, I agree with Sgc8647 : atm you have no 5* speed primary arrow mod, and not a lot of speed secondary mods. You need speed more than new toons. So farm mods with speed as primary or sec. Plus I made myself a rule of thumb when credit heist last tier was released : always have 4M left, in case a speed arrow or a speed sec mod appears in mods shop. It's worth it. The more mod challenges you 3*, the better the mods in shop.
  • JKToole wrote: »
    To OP, I agree with Sgc8647 : atm you have no 5* speed primary arrow mod, and not a lot of speed secondary mods. You need speed more than new toons. So farm mods with speed as primary or sec. Plus I made myself a rule of thumb when credit heist last tier was released : always have 4M left, in case a speed arrow or a speed sec mod appears in mods shop. It's worth it. The more mod challenges you 3*, the better the mods in shop.

Completely forgot that we can have mods using credits. I will check, thanks for advice.