Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• djvita
    1684 posts Member
    tBGhzxP.png
    Result of 11 nodes

Maul just eats up jedi, full protection and all

inRnYW8.png
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm F2P and I have limited toons. However, I was able to build 3 teams for GW. The weakest one I fight with against teams on the 60ish-70ish level, the average one I use against teams on the high 70s and 80 level, and I leave my best team (which I use for Arena, etc) to fight against level 85 teams.
    This "strategy" helped me finish GW on a fairly constant basis.
    However, since last month, I've been getting impossible 11/12 nodes.

@Ben_Sunwalker Have you tried this strategy? This sequence (or something very much like it) takes advantage of the fact that we know how the GW difficulty curve varies by node. We can use that knowledge to effectively load TM on your teams, which carries over from node-to-node. If your three teams are A, B, C, with A being your best and C being your worst:
    • N1, N2, N3: C, A, C Use N1 to load TM on C because this is the easiest node. Use N2 to load TM on A because they should be able to obliterate the enemy with minimal damage, leaving them primed for N11 later. N3 is harder; bring C back in to take advantage of their TM load while the enemy is still relative low power.
    • N4, N5, N6: B, C, B N4&5 are easier again and about the same as N2. So bring in B to load TM on N4, then bring C back in on N5. N6 gets much harder, so switch back to B unless C is just that good.
    • N7, N8, N9: C, B, B The next two nodes are easier than N6, but harder than N3. If C is good enough, bring them in for N7. Now hit N8 with B. N9 is the hardest node yet, so buckle down and make B work for you.
    • N10, N11: B, A N10 is the reset node for B, but it can be quite tough. Get them primed as best you can. Bring in A on N11; with their TM load, full protection, and the blessing of RNGesus, you should be able to prevail. Try to save a big weak tank for last if you can, to reset cooldowns before the final node.
    • N12: ABC Suicide squads are a bad idea; it just loads the enemy TM, priming them for your reinforcements. So send in A and burn down what you can; maybe the leader, if that ability is beating you.

The GW difficulty curve, in case you aren't familiar with it:
    Everybody, let's not argue about whether Top5 or Arena power is the basis for the curve, ok? We know it looks like this.
    JeGqSsf.png
  • I am level 85 and most times I am lucky to complete 10 nodes. I managed to get achievement for completing 10 GW'S but that's it. It really doesn'the matter who I use they start pummeling me at level 6 then hit me hard again on 9-12. I have given up trying to complete the stupid thing I only play for the credits and crystals now.
  • Does anyone know if there is a problem with servers? I have not been able to log in since Sunday morning. I have missed getting my sign in bonuses plus my bonuses for fleet and arena completions. Any body know what's going on?
  • Im F2P and i usually finish GW. i think its a matter of how many characters you have at a decent level with decent gear level as well.

oh and synergy will definitely help
  • Cop1416 wrote: »
    Mullato wrote: »
    Cop1416 wrote: »
    To the people stilllll crying about galactic wars..maybe you all should have worked on expanding your rosters instead of focusing on one team and worried about getting rank 1 in arena. I'm free to play have 30 7* toons and beat GWs everyday easily.

Just except the fact if you can't beat Gws...you're obviously not as good of a player like you think you are.

Maybe you should worry about yourself instead o trolling. I bet I have a deeper roster and better equipped teams than you and I still I have issues with GW. So unless you have something constructive to say quit trolling.

If you have a deeper roster than me and still struggle with GWs lol..then you're doing it wrong. Vader(L),EP,TFP,Darth Maul and Savagge is the only team I use. There are days I beat it completely with just that one team. Other days I'll use my rebels to finish node 12. So yeah..I'm not trolling just saying the truth. Take your anger elsewhere cause you struggle with GWs still..cause that's not my problem.

No zeta on Vader? Just regular Vader? And savage? Really? Do you have a swgoh.gg account ? I'm curious to see your toons lol.

Yes really...i guess you haven't played Maul much lately. Absolute beast in GW. Go check my account on Swgoh.gg SithMindTricks. 100% ftp and I always beat GW zero problems despite what anyone else says.

So 100% f2p after paying to level up and get toons?

https://swgoh.gg/g/2205/tough-as-nails/

I didnt know what toons you had or didnt have but now i do. So i put the link for everyone to see.

Impressive roster. It must really bum you out to spend all that money and still cry about GWs being too hard. Having 70 7* toons and you still have problms with GWs is because you dont know what you are doing. Maybe spend less time spending and trying to buy your way to the top and more time reading abilites, managing your cooldowns, etc.

Youve said i was a probably a developer lol. You said im f2p(after i spent money levling toons) lol and im also a troll. Well if i am a troll why bother responding? Arent you suppose to not feed the trolls?
    I get it though, ive hit a nerve. A 100% ftp player can beat GWs any time i want and a person who payed money to get over 70 7* toons cant...lol. Id be ashamed to say i have so many toons and still struggle beating something on this game.

Moral of the story..its possible to spend tons of money and have tons of toons and still not know how to play this game. At the same time it is possible to be f2p and know exactly what you're doing.

Agree!
  • To the people stilllll crying about galactic wars..maybe you all should have worked on expanding your rosters instead of focusing on one team and worried about getting rank 1 in arena. I'm free to play have 30 7* toons and beat GWs everyday easily.

Just except the fact if you can't beat Gws...you're obviously not as good of a player like you think you are.
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    @HeresTheTruth I wouldn't say I have zero problem completing GW but I complete it all the time as an FTP. I just storm through it with Wiggdo + EP+ Boba. If I need to use my B team then it's Phasma, Rey, 5's, Leia, and Lumi. That's forgetting my G9 Vader for kicks lol

I agree. Free to play players can beat GWs. I'm not saying there won't be days where it is more challenging. But with the "Right" toons and the "Right" strategies it can be done.

I think a lot of the complaints are coming from people that really don't fully understand what it is they are even doing. Then they wonder why after thousands of complaints GWs still remains the way it is today.

It's not the devs responsibility to make their game easier...a lot of the blame has to go back on the players. They need to farm better toons, gear them up and make a few really good teams so as they can have multiple ways to achieve completing GWs. That's why I said people need to accept the fact that they are not as good as they think they are. Truth hurts sometimes. But once they accept it and put in the time needed to farm toons, gear etc...then and only then they will be able to complete it everyday w/o any more failures. Til then the GW pages and complaints of it being too hard will only continue to add up.

Phatphil is another example of a f2p player that also beats GWs. So for anyone else disagreeing and still having problems, I don't know what else there is to say.

100% agree! i also finish GW almost everyday and im F2P. like you said, "Right" toons and the "Right" strategies". its not easy but VERY doable.
  • I'm F2P and I have limited toons. However, I was able to build 3 teams for GW. The weakest one I fight with against teams on the 60ish-70ish level, the average one I use against teams on the high 70s and 80 level, and I leave my best team (which I use for Arena, etc) to fight against level 85 teams.

@Ben_Sunwalker Have you tried this strategy? This sequence (or something very much like it) takes advantage of the fact that we know how the GW difficulty curve varies by node. We can use that knowledge to effectively load TM on your teams, which carries over from node-to-node. If your three teams are A, B, C, with A being your best and C being your worst:
    • N1, N2, N3: C, A, C Use N1 to load TM on C because this is the easiest node. Use N2 to load TM on A because they should be able to obliterate the enemy with minimal damage, leaving them primed for N11 later. N3 is harder; bring C back in to take advantage of their TM load while the enemy is still relative low power.
    • N4, N5, N6: B, C, B N4&5 are easier again and about the same as N2. So bring in B to load TM on N4, then bring C back in on N5. N6 gets much harder, so switch back to B unless C is just that good.
    • N7, N8, N9: C, B, B The next two nodes are easier than N6, but harder than N3. If C is good enough, bring them in for N7. Now hit N8 with B. N9 is the hardest node yet, so buckle down and make B work for you.
    • N10, N11: B, A N10 is the reset node for B, but it can be quite tough. Get them primed as best you can. Bring in A on N11; with their TM load, full protection, and the blessing of RNGesus, you should be able to prevail. Try to save a big weak tank for last if you can, to reset cooldowns before the final node.
    • N12: ABC Suicide squads are a bad idea; it just loads the enemy TM, priming them for your reinforcements. So send in A and burn down what you can; maybe the leader, if that ability is beating you.

Everybody, let's not argue about whether Top5 or Arena power is the basis for the curve, ok? We know it looks like this.
    JeGqSsf.png

Wow bud these were excellent advices.
    Thanks, man! Appreciated a lot.
  • I'm F2P and I have limited toons. However, I was able to build 3 teams for GW. The weakest one I fight with against teams on the 60ish-70ish level, the average one I use against teams on the high 70s and 80 level, and I leave my best team (which I use for Arena, etc) to fight against level 85 teams.

JeGqSsf.png

After the last week, I agree on the suicide squad being a bad idea. At level 65, I don't yet have 3 complete teams, I'm at a little over 2 geared to 7+ with all abilities in the 4-5 range. At my point in time, it's all a memory game. I have to memorize my successful sequence of moves and retreat as soon as I make the wrong one. As long as I have an hour to spend on it, I will win more times than not. When I go back to work in two weeks, I'll have to settle for auto play and hope I can at least get the 800 tokens. Once I have 3 or 4 geared geared and skilled teams I bet it will be a much easier clear.
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm F2P and I have limited toons. However, I was able to build 3 teams for GW. The weakest one I fight with against teams on the 60ish-70ish level, the average one I use against teams on the high 70s and 80 level, and I leave my best team (which I use for Arena, etc) to fight against level 85 teams.

JeGqSsf.png

Wow bud these were excellent advices.
    Thanks, man! Appreciated a lot.

Because you know what the curve is going to throw at you, you can switch some teams around a bit. This one might be a little more straightforward:
    • C A C
    • C B B
    • C C/B B/A
    • B A ABC
    You get the idea.
    Post edited by EventineElessedil on
  • Still at 42/50 in gw... Probably passed four months without completing one now.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Please Nerf GW
  • Just hit 150 gw completed. I hope some of you can take some of the advice on here to heart like I did and start beating gw again.
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Kyleslater wrote: »
    Still at 42/50 in gw... Probably passed four months without completing one now.
    Cesium wrote: »
    Just hit 150 gw completed. I hope some of you can take some of the advice on here to heart like I did and start beating gw again.

I stuck on 24/50 for months. Then as the 3rd and 4th teams took shape I began to complete it regularly again, currently 102/150. It's a shame the way they've programmed it that many users suffer a lengthy dry spell.
  • Nice strategy, I do this too, but this doesn't help, if you always face a Team on node 12 where you can hit like a **** but nothing happens and your teams are getting killed within seconds.
    EA is to blame, god dammit! >:(
  • I recommend not having your top 5 as tanks. I geared them up because I wanted a tanks arena team but I had no dps to kill the teams I was facing. I think yesterday was the first time in a month I had seen node 12. Usually barely see node 11 if I am lucky.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Not mine but I wanna say something
    Dy3F3sX.png

Seeing a team like that in GW 12 means that it was simply the biggest meat-soak team power-wise that the AI came up with that met the general requirements. Which (I believe and have tested in many months) is roughly the power rating of your highest arena power achieved on a winning battle (can be seen in the guild manage screen under "Arena Power"), multiplied by 1.3 (EventineElessedil has the graph per node), and then generating an opposing team that meets that power target.
    It's not necessarily a real team, made by a real person, who actually leveled, geared and modded them because they decided they went well together and used it in the squad arena. In other words, it's random. If the algorithm needs some more (or less) points on a real person's roster to meet the requirements, it will just add (or subtract) stars, or levels, or gear, or whatever to get there in order to generate your opponent.

Now, it just so happens that there is some real (albeit likely coincidental) synergy going on there. But just some. And it tries too. Sometimes it doesn't. Ive seen Jedi Consular Leads, RG Leads, today I had two on gear 6 in node 5 but they were modded to have protection secondary stats so they had 2 protection bars that my maul didn't care.

Is it broken? No, the developers intended it to be that way. 2 subsequent community updates after gw had this mode where node 8 and 10 were moderate EA_Jesse said they would not change it.
    In fact this thread is like the citadel pack, for all GW threads to be merged and for you to take out your frustration, because they will not change it.

Lots of people myself included have provided advice, guides, videos, strategies etc to clear all GW nodes.

Mine is pretty straightforward.
    Get to 47k arena power on a win
    Zader Lead
    Gear up palp, boba, tie pilot, shore
    in fact this team gets pretty close to 47k power, if shore is high stars and the rest ofc are gear 11 7*.
    this team should clear nearly all nodes. if you struggle on a node, send in another team so the opponent wastes specials. zader should still debuff and remove enough tm to win easily.
  • Did they update GW? Cause since today it is unbeatable from Node 9 on. Good job, really!
  • DarthMol wrote: »
    Did they update GW? Cause since today it is unbeatable from Node 9 on. Good job, really!

+1
  • Traybor
    96 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Sheesh, hit node 4 today that had Chaze, Wiggs, and Boba. OK, they were only level 74 and gear 8, but all had 5* mods. They shredded my A-team that I hadn't used yet, so no TM built up. Junked my droids despite TM advantage. Destroyed my Empire team. I did manage to get through using my Rebels who had the TM advantage. Odd thing was, no other opposing team for the rest of GW had any synergy. My A-team finished off the rest without a problem. Even the top nodes were a breeze compared to this at node 4.

That's just an example of the problem with the matching system. The raw power score in no way measures the true strength of a squad. This team's power was well below the power of my best team, but with both teams starting with no pre-loaded TM, they were nigh unstoppable.

The other issue is that the matching system measures your strength by only taking the power of five characters. It totally fails to measure the strength of your entire roster even though the description text says GW is to test all of your characters.

• I have struggled in the early days to complete GW. I had to retreat and start again sometimes 10 times in some battles. But i stuck at it and in the early days spent a good hour or more completing GW. I am now reaping the rewards for that effort as my f2p squad of AA 80 7*, BIGS 85 7*,WEDGE 85 6*, PL 80 6* and whatever random i choose to field has been tearing trough GW to completion every day. I get the odd battle that require a few goes/suicide squad/bsquad to complete but i always finish it now. Been playing 6 months and GW Is probably the reason i still play as it gives the resources needed to power up my other toons. So stick with it and learn the rules to play and win.
  • Traybor wrote: »
    The raw power score in no way measures the true strength of a squad. This team's power was well below the power of my best team, but with both teams starting with no pre-loaded TM, they were nigh unstoppable.

The other issue is that the matching system measures your strength by only taking the power of five characters. It totally fails to measure the strength of your entire roster even though the description text says GW is to test all of your characters.
    I agree completely about both of these. Power is not a good way to calculate difficulty. I think this is by far the biggest issue. It would also be good if they looked at more than five characters when determining GW. I think addressing the way they blindly use deck power would be the biggest way to improve GW, though.
  • GW is usually no problem for me but I just ran into a roster on node 12 that superwhales wouldnt be able to beat.I usually sit between 85-115 in squad battles and my top toons barely break 40,000..Why the f..k am I facing zader lead,boba,baze,emperor,and general Kenobi all over 10,000 power with a max of 52,200 power,I had no turn meter all of a sudden,which you should start with from previous match.l,anyways Boba ability blocked all my toons,emperor stunned 4/5,didn't even get an attack or a chance to retreat.I have over 30+maxed toons and I can't even kill Baze.GW says in the rules to use your roster to succeed,that is complete **** in this case.Is it because I just zeta-ed my Vader?If that's the case I'll never beat GW facing rosters like this...
  • [quote=

You need 10 g11 fully modded l85 teams[/quote]

dont we all? Lol.
  • Hahaha EA/CG. Okay so now you give me a character splitter after completing Node 9, knowing no one can beat Node 12. This is absolutely the best xD
  • This just fought 3 Maxed out Rebel teams in the Galactic war Table and now the final battle is a maxed out Zeta team who is QGJ, General Kenobi, Anakin, Yoda and Boba Fett. Some Russian account.

I have ZERO Zetas and not even 1 zeta piece... how is this possible that I would lose most of my toons to 3 Rebel teams and then have to face off an impossible team?

This is INSANE...why are they trying to screw over the players that aren't rich and dump hundreds of dollars a month...

I love this game and play many times through out the day but you are making this game less enjoyable due to your greed.
  • Uhm Just accept your position.
    Congratulations on being a 11/12 GW player