Poggle the Lesser OP and done broke the game!

Replies

• Poggle is so far away from OP it is not even funny. No offense but your team can all be 1 shot by multiple toons without Poggles help.

I face Poggle builds in arena and have no trouble with them. Heck if my low HP team of Sid, Dooku, Geo, Poe, Lumi had no trouble.

Imagine this now. Geo attacks gets offense up on his own. Poe Exposes,Phasma does victory March, now Geo rolls again with a target exposed, Advantage, and Offense up. No poggle in there at all.

JC is not viable at high level arena at all. i've not seen a JC in arena in ages on my shard. Daka has control, but not big damage, easy to kill, though Max gear 7* does have in the 12k range, but FOTP,Rey,Geo,86 and Leia can 1 hit that. JC heal is not super strong, hits ok, is slow, not high HP. Phasma, Lumi, and Sid are solid. You lack though a real damage dealer. Your team relies on heals. I see a 3 healer team in arena or GW I know I won before the fight starts.

At the very least try pulling JC out for higher damage. Honestly as much as I love Daka for DS and GW I'm not huge on her in arena. Though if called to assist and Phasma procked she can really control a match, but you need great luck for that.

Poggle though my friend is nowhere near OP. He hits pretty weak. Kill the big hitters first that benefit most.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    ichotolot wrote: »
    Krey wrote: »
    Use Ventress to remove offense up. Problem solved.

Haha, by the time Ventress enters the battlefield all the others already left for lunch.
    I have a nightsister team with her as a leader, so nope.

Actually, yes. Leader speed does not work on the first turn, so Poe will still go first turn, drop your turn meter, Poggle will go, and then every other toon in your opponent's squad will go before you and your entire squad will be dead before a single nightsister even gets a turn. At least, that is what a high end Poggle/Poe team will do.

Krey

The topic of this thread is Poggle,right? Not Poe or Ig-88.

If you follow the entire thread, you will see that the topic has been swinging. It has become less about Poggle and more about how dps/speed has broken the game.

The problem is that people post saying this character is broken or that character is broken, but any single character is not the problem. It is that combinations of characters have resulted in matches being decided in 20 seconds or less based on what is essentially a flip of the coin.

Poggle plus 4 other random characters is easily beatable by any number of combinations. Poe plus 4 other random characters is easily beatable by any number of combinations. It is only when you put these characters together in a way that creates a runaway freight train of damage that the real problem occurs. The only way to beat it is to join it and that equals broken.

This is the way most of these posts go. At least, the ones that don't devolve into 3rd grade quality name calling do.

Krey

• KoolKent wrote: »
    Hahaha, i too made a list of poggle owners back in the day! Funny, That's when I learned I had to immediately farm him. Assaj Ventress has a field day on him though. Poggles great for GW but can become dead weight in the arena quite easily

I don't think your Asajj would ever get a turn vs mist high end teams in Pv(AI)P

[/quote]

Talia and Daka are like peas and carrots. Chuck in Ventress for some gravy
  • Game balancing means making some characters stronger and some weaker. I get the distinct impression that a lot of the people on these forums only want weaker characters strengthened, which, in the end, accomplishes the exact same thing, lol.
  • Welcome to the board where being quippy and posting memes comes well before any usable info.
  • ReznorX wrote: »
    These nerf posts are narrow-minded. This or that character does not need reworked.
    ...this.

Sometimes its hard to see behind the scenes on making nerfs or changes. Its like introducing bugs into a garden to deal with pests, have an aphid problem release lady bugs, then the spiders come in and eat the lady bugs, then small birds come eat the spiders and then the cats come, and dogs then before you know itTrex's are ruining everything.

Nerf/balancing takes time, think of a scale where all players are placed, when you take something from one side no matter how small, something has to be done on the other side to keep balance in check, or before you know it Ewok Scout is unstoppable. Somethings always going to be out of whack, view it as a challenge not a handicap.
  • The N word [nerf] is a very serious and offensive word best if you keep it to yourself or be ready to get stomped on.
  • Ardychun wrote: »
    The N word [nerf] is a very serious and offensive word best if you keep it to yourself or be ready to get stomped on.
    Who's scruffy looking? B)
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Poggle is really fast, moderate health and good skill bufff. Its a pain sometimes...

Please nerf Poggle, I dont like him.
  • I opened this thread yesterday and it was off to an awful start. I think the title I gave it was probably a problem! I didnt understand that it would upset some. Sorry guys.

On the positive side I am actually glad that I did open it because I learned a lot.

I have some farming to do. I think that I will start by swapping JC wit Poe.

I have a high level ventress 6 star max gear but lack a leveled initiate to really constitute a nightsister squad. I would consider throwing her in... but I have a suspension that she will not make it to her turn.

I dont think I will farm poggle as Id rater beat the "problem" than join it... also i dont have any droids in my lineup.

I do want to say thanks to everyone who opened my mind about how the game mechanics are off right now. Im more a player than a thread researcher so much of this is new to me but it seems like if they raised the health of the characters across the board that it may help this problem and not take anything away from existing players who have spent time or money farming toons.

What a mess the developers must feel that they are in. Could you imagine being afraid to **** off a big portion of your customers by fixing a problem... ouch

BTW i know when i first started playing that Barris was considered op....did they nerf her at some point? What did they do when they did?

Again i hope they find a way to fix the problems talked about here without stomping on any group of players.... what is good for one of us is good for all of us.

Trentazoid
  • Your team is bad...your team is weak...you do not deserved to climb on rank...your post is pathetic..m
  • Buffs to underpowered characters and new characters are a much more effective and interesting way of shaking up the meta. Even if all popularly suggest nerfs were implemented there would still only be a handful of characters that would comprise the new meta. New dynamics would revitalize interest in Arena competition and that would be better accomplished by new content rather than nerfs.

• Al_Tiz wrote: »
    Buffs to underpowered characters and new characters are a much more effective and interesting way of shaking up the meta. Even if all popularly suggest nerfs were implemented there would still only be a handful of characters that would comprise the new meta. New dynamics would revitalize interest in Arena competition and that would be better accomplished by new content rather than nerfs.
    Oh God, PLEASE NO. Not another game that consists solely of power creep.
    Giving us an actual reason to play Nute Gunray, even though he was useless in the movies as well, is fine. Making all new characters better than the previous ones is a no-go.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Your team is bad...your team is weak...you do not deserved to climb on rank...your post is pathetic..m

Yoda, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The courage to change the things I can,
    And the wisdom to know the difference.

I had to dig deep after reading your post... haven't had to bring out the serenity prayer in over 23 years! lol

OK I don't deserve my rank, I am pathetic, and my team is weak. Do you have any constructive criticism that would help me? I'm not being sarcastic here, really I would appreciate any help that you have to offer.

Thanks,
    Trentazoid

On second thought, I took a moment to read some of your other posts and I don't think I'm interested in your advice. You can go off on me if you want but if I see your name at the top of a post I will not read it.

Be nicer to people in life and you will get further.

I really hope that you will not blow up this thread.

Thanks,
    Trentazoid

• Natok205 wrote: »
    Op, drop JC, he's bad at pvp. But your right, the designers have made some mistakes. Other games out there see mistakes and work in balances through patches. This game sometimes feels like a working beta. A game I used to love guildwars had a great balance and evolving meta, live team would observe top pvp and adjust skills that were gimmicky and Grossly op. This game sometimes allows op and buggy chars to be used indefinitely. Get used to it I guess.

Drop JC, get another high damage guy and you will feel like this is a new game. But level Mace his day is coming. ..
    You can all go to hell, me... I'll go to Texas
  • I'm with the OP

Poe teams are nothing compared to droid teams with Poggle
  • Jedisplice wrote: »
    Natok205 wrote: »
    Op, drop JC, he's bad at pvp. But your right, the designers have made some mistakes. Other games out there see mistakes and work in balances through patches. This game sometimes feels like a working beta. A game I used to love guildwars had a great balance and evolving meta, live team would observe top pvp and adjust skills that were gimmicky and Grossly op. This game sometimes allows op and buggy chars to be used indefinitely. Get used to it I guess.

Drop JC, get another high damage guy and you will feel like this is a new game. But level Mace his day is coming. ..

Thanks Ive dropped him and am messing around with some of my other toons to see what I like.

I do have a 5 star Mace and his gear is purple but i feel that he is too weak. Have you heard anything about him getting fixed so that he is a little more usable? Besides his cool mid air flip?

Thanks,
    Trentazoid
  • Whats next? Calling for luminara nerf because her heals are too much? "OMG I aoed the entire team and she heaed everyone back to full!"

Droid team nerf? "OMG guys 2 of my team members got killed before I even acted too OP!"

QGJ nerf? "OMG its poggle + bonus attack + buff removal + speed all rolled into 1 halp!"

If someone wants to start a discussion as to how to counter a hero, then ask for advice in the title. Not X is OP and broke the game! Or X needs nerf nao!
  • meladekk wrote: »
    Whats next? Calling for luminara nerf because her heals are too much? "OMG I aoed the entire team and she heaed everyone back to full!"

Droid team nerf? "OMG guys 2 of my team members got killed before I even acted too OP!"

QGJ nerf? "OMG its poggle + bonus attack + buff removal + speed all rolled into 1 halp!"

If someone wants to start a discussion as to how to counter a hero, then ask for advice in the title. Not X is OP and broke the game! Or X needs nerf nao!

If you would have read my response to the comments in this thread you would have noticed that I apologized for the title and realized that I had set off some nerves by posting this and also stating that I am a bit naive about game mechanics. I also thanked members for schooling me.

Not everyone who posts a thread is calling for a nerf or every knows what one is!

I just wanted to talk about my frustration...not go to war!

I will never ever do it again!

Wow...

please before going off on a guy read the whole post and see if he has asked for forgiveness for his sin...
  • Welcome to the boards. Don't feed the trolls.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Trentazoid wrote: »
    Jedisplice wrote: »
    Natok205 wrote: »

Thanks Ive dropped him and am messing around with some of my other toons to see what I like.

I do have a 5 star Mace and his gear is purple but i feel that he is too weak. Have you heard anything about him getting fixed so that he is a little more usable? Besides his cool mid air flip?

Thanks,
    Trentazoid

The release notes talked about a Mace buff that was coming in the next update. Also, you will want a solid 5 Jedi team for the new event system that is coming (again, in the release notes).

Krey
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    I think some of the leaders out there limit the choices somewhat. Try finishing off a combo of Phasma (leader) and a high level Dooku. The math seems more an indication than a fact. Raging on Phasma atm - amazing how 14-18% can play out as 30-50% while an 85% force blast seems successful 14-18% of the time. Sometimes you fight a Po Dameron in galactic war who is 10 levels lower yet his debuff hits all 5 of your ppl while you can't land one healing immunity the whole fight. Or Sidious is supposed to have high evade on Jedi yet they tune him up like a pinata while the enemy's Unduli's evade seems 80-100% effective against him. Reversed everything seems to work the way the game says it will - you can't hit an opponents Sidious with a jedi at all.

I suspect they tilt the numbers for PVP to make up for the fact that the AI can't strategize like a person does.

This is correct since I have access to the super secret game code and it shows your name on a list of AI proc chances. They deliberately raise or lower procrates for players on this special list. Not much you can do but I heared someone say that if you stop the "AI is cheating" replies for a week, the special code will be lifted from your account.
    Pro tip, you're welcome.

Haha I knew it! :P
  • Vodo wrote: »
    xJazzx wrote: »

I have all 7 star toons geared to the max and skills at max. Running Sid Lum JC CP and OD.

Thanks,
    Trentazoid

Poggle is not OP. your team is Underpowered (UP)
    xJazzx wrote: »

I have all 7 star toons geared to the max and skills at max. Running Sid Lum JC CP and OD.

Thanks,
    Trentazoid

Poggle is not OP. your team is Underpowered (UP)

I don't say Poggle is OP but I can't agree with your post also. How can his team be underpowered when all are 7* and fully geared? His team composition isn't bad either. Maybe swap JC for somebody else? (good tank with taunt or speedy DPS maybe?)

Funny thing is I haven't had any problems with Poe at all and barely see him - esp in Arena. I came here to **** about Phasma ;)
  • I wanted to thank everyone for their tips. I swapped jc with cound d and this has given me the chance to attempt two stuns... (CD and daka) before poggle goes. It seems that i stun him about sixty to seventy percent of the time. This give me enough time to usually finish him off before he can do his business.

Everyone here was correct. he is not op i was just ignorant.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Trentazoid
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I wanted to thank everyone for their tips. I swapped jc with cound d and this has given me the chance to attempt two stuns... (CD and daka) before poggle goes. It seems that i stun him about sixty to seventy percent of the time. This give me enough time to usually finish him off before he can do his business.

Everyone here was correct. he is not op i was just ignorant.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Trentazoid

Good job!
  • The problem is poggles offense up multiplier is a hell of alot higher than others at least it seems like it is anyway. Considering his speed he does give a massive advantage in a Droid team and let's them defeat teams 2000 plus power higher than them. I think they should tone down his power up multiplier personally but really don't care of they leave him as is either.
  • I always hit Poggle teams it's almost a guaranteed win if you know what your doing. He goes after most of the cannons so whoopie he buffs 3-4 guys as 1-2 are dead. Qui Gon steals buff next attack game over.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    carne wrote: »
    The problem is poggles offense up multiplier is a hell of alot higher than others at least it seems like it is anyway. Considering his speed he does give a massive advantage in a Droid team and let's them defeat teams 2000 plus power higher than them. I think they should tone down his power up multiplier personally but really don't care of they leave him as is either.

May I ask what level you are and your arena ranking?
  • Simple strategy guys....develop squads too focus down on any toon(s) in the game...no toon is OP imo....the point is to structure squad(s) too your liking, hence why we play the game :) ...and it's inevitable that your toons head not being ripped off and losing...no matter how "good/strong" you may think your squad is in Arena/GW ...

Cheers! and good luck!