Fix AI for Talia and other healers

The AI is pitiful when it comes to healing
This btw comes from someone who uses sidious, and owns healer teams in pvp (offense only), and only healer on pvp team is luminara
But the AI is horrendous
Talia will be at 20% health, and everyone else 95% health, and she casts a heal. That's fine for every healer BUT Talia. She then basically kills herself and gives no benefit to the team. The AI should know her heal has consequences as to hurting herself, atm it thinks her heal heals her as well.
For healers in general, imo they should know what heal block is. If I attack the tank with sidoous, adding heal block, and nothing else is damaged, why would anything cast heal? That's a waste of a turn. Again, I am a sidious user so I argue on behalf of others, meaning it is legitimately a broken mechanic

Replies

• Well but Talia's heal is pretty epic even though she loses sm health which is the cost you have to deal with it you plan to upgrade her
  • I use a similar pvp setup because the ai almost never heals on the first round even if someone is in the red on their turn and they can't read debuffs.

Double healer chewy teams are incredibly easy for a 5 dps team led by sidius.

• I'm with you on the AI for the healers... I use Sid as well and the AI regularly wastes it's turn trying to heal one person with the heal debuff.

As for Talia... at first glance it doesn't make sense but when you read the whole ability it actually kind of makes sense, and when I use talia sometimes I make the same move. Her heal fills everyone else's turn meter. If I know she's being burned and she's about to die and I can't save her, I'll throw off that heal (if her dot is on CD) because it fills the rest of my team's turn meter.

Now, by no means am I suggesting the AI is thinking through it's moves that carefully and I think you're right it's just bugged... but it's not COMPLETELY useless.
  • The AI is pitiful when it comes to healing
    This btw comes from someone who uses sidious, and owns healer teams in pvp (offense only), and only healer on pvp team is luminara
    But the AI is horrendous
    Talia will be at 20% health, and everyone else 95% health, and she casts a heal. That's fine for every healer BUT Talia. She then basically kills herself and gives no benefit to the team. The AI should know her heal has consequences as to hurting herself, atm it thinks her heal heals her as well.
    For healers in general, imo they should know what heal block is. If I attack the tank with sidoous, adding heal block, and nothing else is damaged, why would anything cast heal? That's a waste of a turn. Again, I am a sidious user so I argue on behalf of others, meaning it is legitimately a broken mechanic

+1 Dev really should look into this,
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    It should also be pointed out that Barriss isn't affected by healing immunity debuffs, her heals, all of them will work on anyone on her team with the healing immunity debuff. So currently she is the only healer that really benefits from this strange AI behavor
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Stekcir_Leinad
    270 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Skye wrote: »
    It should also be pointed out that Barriss isn't affected by healing immunity debuffs, her heals, all of them will work on anyone on her team with the healing immunity debuff. So currently she is the only healer that really benefits from this strange AI behavor

Only the health equalisation part of her heal goes through heal immunity.

• Only the health equalisation part of her heal goes through heal immunity.

Yeah, he probably didn't notice because she's so fat that her excessive HP practically fully heals frailer characters on its own.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"