Mace Windu Discussion and call for a buff

1234568Next

Replies

• Nonemo wrote: »
    Big news! I just read from one of the devs on Reddit that a revamp of Mace is in the workings!
    We have known that Mace isn't up to snuff and we have already been reworking him. I have been out sick for a week, so I don't know if he's been completed, but expect to see a new and improved Mace Windu very, very Soon™.

*farm farm farm*
    *farmity farmity*

We've done it people! Great work!
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Now I'm torn. If Mace turns out good I may have to put other farm projects on hold... For fanboy reasons.
  • Nonemo wrote: »
    Now I'm torn. If Mace turns out good I may have to put other farm projects on hold... For fanboy reasons.

lol I too want him buffed and have like only 5 shards of him...
    But ya know, purple lighstsaber, fanboy reasons trump all
  • Great news! Havent farmed him yet as i wana focus on my current toona first. But i like mace. Posibble future goal!
  • So.. With this good bit of news.. When do we start the Plo Koon thread? :blush:
  • Good news. I managed to pull him from a Bronzium a while back :) Never bothered levelling or gearing him up....sounds like it's time to start!
  • I couldn't agree with you more - on all points.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Viperish wrote: »
    So.. With this good bit of news.. When do we start the Plo Koon thread? :blush:

I'm pro Plo. Let's!
  • I want a plo koon and fives team. So im also in for plo haha
  • ZarAzi
    249 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    BigBoss wrote: »
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Big news! I just read from one of the devs on Reddit that a revamp of Mace is in the workings!
    We have known that Mace isn't up to snuff and we have already been reworking him. I have been out sick for a week, so I don't know if he's been completed, but expect to see a new and improved Mace Windu very, very Soon™.

*farm farm farm*
    *farmity farmity*

We've done it people! Great work!
    We did it! Mace lives matter
  • MaceMazer
    126 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    The only way I can see Windu getting a buff is due to that fact that he was offered at quite a high price in a special chromium pack. A lot of people who acquired Windu this way complained about him and therefore are trying to justify the areas in which he needs improved. Personally, I don't use Windu or even come up against him that much. But the fact he is an iconic character of the Star Wars Saga I do think he needs to be a lot better than what he is. Yes people will argue FOTP has nothing much to do with the movie but is the highest damage dealer of all. But just look at the other character like Sidious, Dooku, The Princess etc. They are all very useful characters in their own right. (Apparently the opposite of heaven is a swearword lol) even chewie sounds more useful than Windu end game. Windu needs fixed and it's as simple as that. Anyone who tries to argue otherswise or simply trolls.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Mace Windu
    Mace Windu's kit was highly divergent, lacking synergy or focus that would allow him to play a clear role in combat. This overhaul should help him secure his identity as a heroic, high-pressure Tank that enemies will have to focus fire on to survive, even without a Taunt.
    · Basic ability reworked: Now deals 25~50% more damage while Mace is above 50% Health, and heals Mace for 50~70% of the damage dealt while Mace is below 50% Health
    · Unique ability reworked: At the start of each of his turns, Mace has a 30~60% chance to Expose a random enemy until the end of his turn. In addition, Mace gains 10~25% Turn Meter whenever he attacks an Exposed enemy.

From the update. It sounds like they've definitely kept one ear to the ground here! I'm happy about this!
  • I'm pretty happy as well. I think the changes made to him make him unique, and will hopefully make him a threat, doing respectable damage.

I have a 7*, max gear Mace. Anyone else have one? I'm going to be watching how he performs once the update comes out, and see if he really shines now. Ima Gun as lead will give him plenty of bonus attacks, making focusing him dangerous. QGJ gives offense up on dispel, making him hit harder. So, once you start hitting him, Ima's lead lets him hit back frequently, and once below 50% health he will heal for 70% of the damage he deals.

It sounds pretty good. Leave him alone, and he punishes you, especially with his expose and if he has off up. Focus him, and he does his job as a tank (soaking dmg) even with no taunt. Focus him on a counter team, and he has the potential to be a damage dealing, self healing tank. It sounds good, but I guess we will see.
  • I'm so tied to either farm kylo or mace now:( I started on kylo yday when I got to lvl53 and unlocked his and maces nodes. Got 7 shares from 1 refill. Do I stick or twist. Decisions decisions :( someone help lol